Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+28
May As Well Run
running_violet
runnergirl93
ButterySmoothStride
hxc
eternally_running
silly runner:)
RUNxxWILD07
Tri Babe 518
funrunner
Kugar
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
AudienceOfOne
Just Because
*sg*
XxcrosscountrygirlxX
xotrackkgirl
XC_crazy
futureNIKErunner
runner_dude
FinishingKick
BA_Sadie.
Running With Scissors
PCNQtrack
mae2937
RETURNover
ND XC 23
32 posters

another reason i love running...

ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

another reason i love running... - Page 3 Empty Re: another reason i love running...

Post by ButterySmoothStride Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:00 pm

maybe this sounds stupid but I don't really like eating, I consider it a chore. and the problem with running is that it makes me too hungry and then I need to go out to the grocery store or quizno's and get some more food.
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

another reason i love running... - Page 3 Empty Re: another reason i love running...

Post by ND XC 23 Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 am

RawBeginner wrote:maybe this sounds stupid but I don't really like eating, I consider it a chore. and the problem with running is that it makes me too hungry and then I need to go out to the grocery store or quizno's and get some more food.

ya thats really weird and annoying
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by Just Because Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:16 pm

RawBeginner wrote:maybe this sounds stupid but I don't really like eating, I consider it a chore. and the problem with running is that it makes me too hungry and then I need to go out to the grocery store or quizno's and get some more food.

I love to eat. If you consider it a chore find something good to eat.
    runnergirl93
    runnergirl93
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 534
    Mile Time : 6:00
    800m Time : 2:41
    5000m XC Time : 21:55
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runnergirl93 Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:49 pm

im 5'2' and weigh 95 pounds. back down to 2 digits frown
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:26 pm

^ ya, i've never weighed more than 99 pounds.......im 5' exactly right now, and weigh 94
    i love eating though!!!! Razz
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:21 pm

Just Because wrote:

I love to eat. If you consider it a chore find something good to eat.
    i don't think it's like that lol....
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:55 pm

runnergirl93 wrote:im 5'2' and weigh 95 pounds. back down to 2 digits frown

its okay because its somewhat proportional, obviously on the skinny side but its not bad Smile . I had that problem in last year [freshmen]. I was 5'6ish and couldn't break 100, now I’m 5'7 and one half..lol and I weigh 110ish. Weights has really helped me gain weight [yaaay]

spam
    xotrackkgirl
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1023

Post by xotrackkgirl Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:03 pm

Pinthin wrote:

its okay because its somewhat proportional, obviously on the skinny side but its not bad Smile . I had that problem in last year [freshmen]. I was 5'6ish and couldn't break 100, now I’m 5'7 and one half..lol and I weigh 110ish. Weights has really helped me gain weight [yaaay]

spam

yeah definetely. being a sprinter adds crazy definition to my arms, legs, and stomach. People punch me to see if its hard, lol.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:14 pm

xotrackkgirl wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

spam

yeah definetely. being a sprinter adds crazy definition to my arms, legs, and stomach. People punch me to see if its hard, lol.

My brother is a sprinter and his calves are HUUUGE. i get kinda jealous Neutral

my coach keeps squeezing my calves and says Look at that muscle!!! haha and she does the same with my bicep.. its kiinda creepy.
    Then my friend said It looked liked I was going to explode out of my shirt because my biceps are getting huge..lol riiiight Rolling Eyes
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12

Post by hxc Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:41 pm

I never want to have huge calves. It makes you look like a freak. I'd rather have skinny calves that look ripped, like Ryan Hall's.
    running_violet
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 930
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by running_violet Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:37 am

i have big calves and it just looks like fat
    =[
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by May As Well Run Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:17 pm

Big calfs are awesome. Thighs suck though. I got massive thighs and my track team called me thunder thighs lol.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:26 pm

May As Well Run wrote:Big calfs are awesome. Thighs suck though. I got massive thighs and my track team called me thunder thighs lol.
    my my thighs are semi big too. not really big though.
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ButterySmoothStride Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:59 pm

ND XC 23 wrote:because i can eat like a dinosaur and not get fat Cool

im pretty sure i would be way overweight if i didnt run
    and running keeps me mindful of what i put into my body. like if i eat like crap, i will run like crap, and thats not acceptable, so it forces me to eat fairly healthy (with the occasional junk binge).

for dinner tonight i had a bagel with cream cheese, a veggie burger, a bowl of cereal, a toaster strudel, a cookie, and im still hungry.

you run like 20 miles a week, which comes out to less than 300 extra calories burned per day. you can't eat whatever you want, you just think you can.
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ButterySmoothStride Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:01 am

May As Well Run wrote:Big calfs are awesome. Thighs suck though. I got massive thighs and my track team called me thunder thighs lol.

the ideal distance runner has relatively large thighs and smaller lower legs. big calves equal slow running because you need to generate a lot of torque to swing your lower legs through the running cycle.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:12 am

RawBeginner wrote:

the ideal distance runner has relatively large thighs and smaller lower legs. big calves equal slow running because you need to generate a lot of torque to swing your lower legs through the running cycle.

+1, look at kenyans.
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ButterySmoothStride Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:13 am

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:

+1, look at kenyans.

-1, i have big calves myself lol
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:14 am

RawBeginner wrote:
    ND XC 23 wrote:because i can eat like a dinosaur and not get fat Cool

im pretty sure i would be way overweight if i didnt run
    and running keeps me mindful of what i put into my body. like if i eat like crap, i will run like crap, and thats not acceptable, so it forces me to eat fairly healthy (with the occasional junk binge).

for dinner tonight i had a bagel with cream cheese, a veggie burger, a bowl of cereal, a toaster strudel, a cookie, and im still hungry.

you run like 20 miles a week, which comes out to less than 300 extra calories burned per day. you can't eat whatever you want, you just think you can.

LOL, +1 again.

People, running should be a reason for you to NOT eat whatever you want. Believe it or not, what you put into your body (and what you don't) is a huge factor in running performance.
    xotrackkgirl
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1023

Post by xotrackkgirl Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:54 am

People, running should be a reason for you to NOT eat whatever you want. Believe it or not, what you put into your body (and what you don't) is a huge factor in running performance.

+1
    runnergirl93
    runnergirl93
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 534
    Mile Time : 6:00
    800m Time : 2:41
    5000m XC Time : 21:55

Post by runnergirl93 Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:57 am

RawBeginner wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:

+1, look at kenyans.

well this is news to me. i have large calves, but im not all that fast compared to people on the website.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm

runnergirl93 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:

+1, look at kenyans.

well this is news to me. i have large calves, but im not all that fast compared to people on the website.
    yea i guess i just didn't put 2 and 2 together.

but most people's calves are a lot smaller than their thighs. and strong calves help you run on your toes.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:00 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    runnergirl93 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:

+1, look at kenyans.

but most people's calves are a lot smaller than their thighs. and strong calves help you run on your toes.

I run on my toes and my calves are tiny. Same with most kenyans.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:00 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    runnergirl93 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:

+1, look at kenyans.

I run on my toes and my calves are tiny. Same with most kenyans.
    i said strong calves, not huge calves.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:13 am

Oh.
    runner100
    runner100
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2008-07-30

Post by runner100 Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:36 pm

yeah i have strong calves, not huge. most peope get that confused

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:33 am