Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+28
May As Well Run
running_violet
runnergirl93
ButterySmoothStride
hxc
eternally_running
silly runner:)
RUNxxWILD07
Tri Babe 518
funrunner
Kugar
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
AudienceOfOne
Just Because
*sg*
XxcrosscountrygirlxX
xotrackkgirl
XC_crazy
futureNIKErunner
runner_dude
FinishingKick
BA_Sadie.
Running With Scissors
PCNQtrack
mae2937
RETURNover
ND XC 23
32 posters

another reason i love running...

futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3510
    Mile Time : wat goes here again?
    Class : Sophmore
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

another reason i love running... - Page 2 Empty Re: another reason i love running...

Post by futureNIKErunner Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm

Just Because wrote:
    *sg* wrote:but I'm sort of wondering if I would be faster if I was carrying a little less extra weight.

^^^Eating disorder in the making. You are fine. You don't need to loose weight.

that doesnt mean an eating disorder, i am sure she is fine, but small chance it will turn into an eating disorder.
    PCNQtrack
    PCNQtrack
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1663
    Mile Time : 4:59
    Class : '11 BABY
    5000m XC Time : 16:59

another reason i love running... - Page 2 Empty Re: another reason i love running...

Post by PCNQtrack Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:52 pm

i think you should only post about topics like this if you truly understand ED's and other things and know enough about the subject to really help; just because you think you may know you might end up giving bad advice on a very important issue
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:54 pm

PCNQtrack wrote:i think you should only post about topics like this if you truly understand ED's and other things and know enough about the subject to really help; just because you think you may know you might end up giving bad advice on a very important issue

well i had an ed once, so i kinda have experience on it
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:57 am

since i've started running, i literally consume twice the amount of food that i used to. in like 6 months i went from 100-118 lbs lol, but i also grew like 4 inches too.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 pm

I'm usually not hungry after I run =/
    But I force myself to eat because I know you need too.
    I'm always hungriest at lunch and breakfast time..

But I've always been super..like reallly skinny so I'm pretty sure I'd still be skinny if I didnt run. haha it sucks sometimes though.
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 404
    Class : Junior
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Kugar Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:53 pm

Yeah, I recognize I need to be careful, but I would like to point out that you don't know how much I weigh, (140lbs, I'm 5'6''... that seems a little heavy to me, because a year ago I weighed 126, and I haven't grown) or really what I look like. But anyway, no worries because I don't have the willpower to change my eating habits too much. And I don't think I'm growing much anymore, because I've already gone past my expected height, and I only grew about 1/8 in. last year.

If it makes you feel any better, I went through something really similar after starting xc. I'm your height (a little taller, but only like 1/2") and was 123 at the beginning of the year. I haven't grown at all and now I'm settled in the high 130s. I lost the weight for a little while (down to 120) but my times suffered and one of my teammates tipped coach off and he talked me straight. It was a good catch on the part of my teammates--I lost it way too fast to be healthy and could very well have done some damage that would have lasted a hell of a lot longer than my low self esteem Wink

I'd bet you anything that it's muscle. 140 is a very healthy weight for an athletic person of medium build.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:18 am

XC_crazy wrote:
    Running With Scissors wrote:yeah anyway do you mean high school team has 13 girls because varsity is top 7

here you can bring 10 varsity girls to compete
    and then they take the 5 girls who finished the best for the team

oh
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:19 am

Pinthin wrote:I'm usually not hungry after I run =/

same here but after i cool down and stuff i get really hungry
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:42 am

Running With Scissors wrote:
    XC_crazy wrote:
    Running With Scissors wrote:yeah anyway do you mean high school team has 13 girls because varsity is top 7

here you can bring 10 varsity girls to compete
    and then they take the 5 girls who finished the best for the team

oh

ya well lots of our girls got injured this past season so to have a full roster for varsity we had to have 3 extra girls for backup at state...we have 10 people race at state
    XxcrosscountrygirlxX
    XxcrosscountrygirlxX
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-06-07

Post by XxcrosscountrygirlxX Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:57 pm

i love to eat...and my doc just told me i needed to gain 3-7 lbs so i get to eat more!
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:58 pm

XxcrosscountrygirlxX wrote:i love to eat...and my doc just told me i needed to gain 3-7 lbs so i get to eat more!

lucky, i am trying to drop weight lol
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by funrunner Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:00 pm

I was pretty crazy skinny up to the end of this winter. I'm still pretty thin, though. I eat like a bear preparing to hibernate.
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Tri Babe 518 Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:28 pm

I was bigger last year before I started running. Since then I've lost about ten pounds. Running actually makes me want to not eat. After I run and eat, my stomach hurts badly. I find that on a day when I don't run, I eat A LOT more. I don't eat that much compared to other runners, like 2,000 calories or less.
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 995
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 am

*sg* you look skinny in your picture.

And i bet if people guessed your weight, no one would guess 140

This one kid from XC was guessing peoples weight and there were 4 of us and he guessed the 3 kids before me all within in 2 pounds of there weight and he guessed 114 for me and I weight 128.

That proves it right there. You're prolly fine.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:52 am

RUNxxWILD07 wrote:*sg* you look skinny in your picture.

And i bet if people guessed your weight, no one would guess 140

This one kid from XC was guessing peoples weight and there were 4 of us and he guessed the 3 kids before me all within in 2 pounds of there weight and he guessed 114 for me and I weight 128.

That proves it right there. You're prolly fine.

yeah i weigh 122, and no one believes me either
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:47 am

xotrackkgirl wrote:
    *sg* wrote:I have a real overeating problem... I eat a ton because I'm always hungry, and recently I've gained some weight... I'm not fat, and my BMI is still ok, but I'm definately not as skinny as I used to be. It's not that I eat unhealthy food, it's just that I eat waaaaaayyyy too much healthy food. luckily it hasn't really affected my running that I can tell... but I'm sort of wondering if I would be faster if I was carrying a little less extra weight.

Oh no. Don't think like that. If it hasn't affected your running, you're perfectly fine. A little extra might actually be good for you, because you're growing. You're perfect just the way you are, and don't let running affect that.

i think you could probably just watch your diet a little bit don't eat as much crap i mean you should be eating a ton but it should be healthy food like fruits and wheats...when your hungry just grab a granola bar instead of a brownie you know..but don't eat any less i did that when i first started running dk why i weighed like 105 but i thought that was huge lol and i almost passed out on a run. if you eat less then you will lose energy and get like really frail just pick the right foods instead of crap..but eat a popsicle every once in a while too.
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny

Post by ND XC 23 Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:32 pm

*sg* wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    *sg* wrote:but I'm sort of wondering if I would be faster if I was carrying a little less extra weight.

^^^Eating disorder in the making. You are fine. You don't need to loose weight.

Yeah, I recognize I need to be careful, but I would like to point out that you don't know how much I weigh, (140lbs, I'm 5'6''... that seems a little heavy to me, because a year ago I weighed 126, and I haven't grown) or really what I look like. But anyway, no worries because I don't have the willpower to change my eating habits too much. And I don't think I'm growing much anymore, because I've already gone past my expected height, and I only grew about 1/8 in. last year.

*sg*, do you go to bg? i recognize your uniform and it says new hampshire. i live in MA and we see you at some of the big meets
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 146
    Mile Time : running. duh.
    Class : :)
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by silly runner:) Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:13 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    xotrackkgirl wrote:
    *sg* wrote:I have a real overeating problem... I eat a ton because I'm always hungry, and recently I've gained some weight... I'm not fat, and my BMI is still ok, but I'm definately not as skinny as I used to be. It's not that I eat unhealthy food, it's just that I eat waaaaaayyyy too much healthy food. luckily it hasn't really affected my running that I can tell... but I'm sort of wondering if I would be faster if I was carrying a little less extra weight.

Oh no. Don't think like that. If it hasn't affected your running, you're perfectly fine. A little extra might actually be good for you, because you're growing. You're perfect just the way you are, and don't let running affect that.

i think you could probably just watch your diet a little bit don't eat as much crap i mean you should be eating a ton but it should be healthy food like fruits and wheats...when your hungry just grab a granola bar instead of a brownie you know..but don't eat any less i did that when i first started running dk why i weighed like 105 but i thought that was huge lol and i almost passed out on a run. if you eat less then you will lose energy and get like really frail just pick the right foods instead of crap..but eat a popsicle every once in a while too.

the way i eat changes all the time. i love food, but most of the time i eat pretty healthy. when i first started track i was a bit chunky, but between then and xc the next year i had lost like 40 pounds. it got to be a bit much. when you get obsessive it's def a problem. but if you just try to stay healthy and let yourself eat whatever you want from time to time you should be alright.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:36 pm

i eat like a man....and dont put on really any weight because of it so i just eat whatever i want
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:24 pm

RETURNover wrote:
    ND XC 23 wrote:because i can eat like a dinosaur and not get fat Cool

im pretty sure i would be way overweight if i didnt run
    and running keeps me mindful of what i put into my body. like if i eat like crap, i will run like crap, and thats not acceptable, so it forces me to eat fairly healthy (with the occasional junk binge).

for dinner tonight i had a bagel with cream cheese, a veggie burger, a bowl of cereal, a toaster strudel, a cookie, and im still hungry.

running makes me really hungry to

running makes me super hungry too!! After xc somedays i would be so hungry i would get hunger pains. haha....i started to bring food for after practice.
    I love that i can eat as much as i want, and not have to worry about it. Actually, my parents think i don’t eat enough carbs and stuff..... Rolling Eyes don’t worry, i do!
    do you guys drink soda during season. We don’t even buy it.
    xotrackkgirl
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1023
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by xotrackkgirl Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:42 pm

wow. i havent run in a week because of busy camp schedule, and I ate at a buffet/restaurant every day. Wow. Lol. I did eat lots of fruits and veggies though. Wink I'm thin and I have muscles but I still have to make sure I eat enough but not too much.

basadie- I'm 5"4-5"5ish and I thought 103 was alot too. It was actually too little for my body so the doc told me too eat up! Like everyone else I gained some muscles so now I'm 110-115ish, and I feel alot better now.
    XxcrosscountrygirlxX
    XxcrosscountrygirlxX
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-06-07

Post by XxcrosscountrygirlxX Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:52 pm

i'm 5'4" and weigh 93 lbs, so i have to gain weight the doc said. more ice cream, yay!
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:54 pm

im 5'5 and 122 lbs, ive gained 14lbs since this time last year Shocked
    but i was 5'4 then too.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:29 pm

And americans wonder why Kenyans whoop their asses at running.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:00 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:And americans wonder why Kenyans whoop their asses at running.
    +1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:24 am