Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+21
TnF_T
hannah
Running With Scissors
Love For Running
Wgrt
calrunner
ctk4xc11
XC_crazy
Uh Buh Der
Hurdle-Gurl
Lily
running_violet
njrunner14
thelagwagon
alex-likes-running
whenhen
runner_dude
Pinthin
runnergirl93
FinishingKick
baby got track
25 posters

The Rant Thread

Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

The Rant Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rant Thread

Post by Pinthin Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:16 pm

Uh Buh Der wrote:After everything that has happened... we are getting two new girls on monday. But of course no one is going to be there because of the funeral. It's kind of like they're replacing them or something Sad I don't want anyone new. I like our small little family. I just feel like someone else is going to die and it's just going to keep happening. Like there's going to be a car accident or something. I also really don't like the fact that everytime I talk about this, in the future, I'm going to start crying. oi.

what happened??
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:18 pm

that kinda sucks pinthin Sad i think its great that your trying to help your siblings though.
    Hurdle-Gurl
    Hurdle-Gurl
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 632
    Class : ~2011~Sophomore!
    5000m XC Time : 21:00
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Post by Hurdle-Gurl Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:30 am

I've realized that I'm kinda a...umm...I don't really know if "Player" is the correct term...but yea...
    It's only been like that since my ex though.
    I'll be in one class having one guy flirt w/ me...I'll walk down the hall & talk to another that has a crush on me... then I'll go to my locker to find another guy waiting to give me a hug... & then while I'm at my locker, another guy walks by and tickles me... & this cycle continues through-out the entire day.... then I get home to find these 2 guys from a different school talking to me online...1 told me yesturday that he thinks he's litterally in "LOVE" with me! uh-oh!
    Hmm...nothing good is going to come out of this...I don't think...& I need to stop this deadly cycle quick because 1 of my friends thinks I'm using them all...& she's kinda jealous.
    Hurdle-Gurl
    Hurdle-Gurl
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Hurdle-Gurl Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:38 pm

hmmm...I see what you mean...but that's why I feel bad is because I know it's a total bitch move & I don't want to be classified as that by them. Sooooo, today I told one of them who everyone I guess thought I've been dating (which I haven't) that he needs to back off a little with constantly being around, but can still be around. He took it really well & has backed off a little. =)

Today for spanish class I was late because I had forgot to bring my book and I had to go get it... when I got back to class, I had found out that my "Friend," had told the teacher that I was skipping...LAME. & so the teacher was dumb and wouldn't change it in her attendance book that I was tardy instead... SO, since I was going to be marked down as absent, might as well be. SO, I just got up & left. =)
    It kinda bothered me though that my "friend," said I was "skipping," when she skips a class on a daily basis.

Last edited by Hurdle-Gurl on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More to rant about)
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:48 pm

^ I'm depressed how the guy I really like still has this long distant relationship. Granted she's only in oregon, but they see each other like on long breaks.

Today we were talking and then some guy started talking to him saying "dude your new I gotta hook you up.." (yeah it was lame, haha) and then my crush got all awkward saying uhh I dont need it if you know what I mean. Like he never comes out and says OH I have a gf, he like dances around it. Does this mean something? HOW LONG CAN IT LAST, honestly??!?? =[
    bummmerrr.
    Uh Buh Der
    Uh Buh Der
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 11
    5000m XC Time : 22:17
    Registration date : 2009-01-24

Post by Uh Buh Der Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    Uh Buh Der wrote:After everything that has happened... we are getting two new girls on monday. But of course no one is going to be there because of the funeral. It's kind of like they're replacing them or something Sad I don't want anyone new. I like our small little family. I just feel like someone else is going to die and it's just going to keep happening. Like there's going to be a car accident or something. I also really don't like the fact that everytime I talk about this, in the future, I'm going to start crying. oi.

what happened??

Probably three weeks ago? A girl in my class committed suicide. then a week or so later, someone died of an accidental overdose. My school is a small private school and my class only has like 40ish people and a bunch of us had gone to school together since kindergaten. We're all really close... like a family xD Everyone knows what goes on with everyone else and gossip spreads like wildfire. The girl had been going to school with me since 1st grade. It was really hard because she was always so nice and just the funniest happiest person, but yeah. And the guy just came to our school last year, only a couple people were really close to him, but yeah...
    Smile
    Two people dead from our grade in two weeks...
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Uh Buh Der wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

what happened??

Probably three weeks ago? A girl in my class committed suicide. then a week or so later, someone died of an accidental overdose. My school is a small private school and my class only has like 40ish people and a bunch of us had gone to school together since kindergaten. We're all really close... like a family xD Everyone knows what goes on with everyone else and gossip spreads like wildfire. The girl had been going to school with me since 1st grade. It was really hard because she was always so nice and just the funniest happiest person, but yeah. And the guy just came to our school last year, only a couple people were really close to him, but yeah...
    Smile

Shit. I know what it's like to go to a small school with people you've known since kindergarden. I've been in the same class as my friend patrick since primary, and this is the first year he's not around (he went away to university). I'm really sorry about your classmates Sad
    Lily
    Lily
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 462
    Mile Time : 5:56
    Class : 2011
    800m Time : 2:34
    5000m XC Time : 20:45
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by Lily Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:57 pm

aw i'm sorry. my school is pretty small (not as small as yours), but we've all gone to the same middle schools and everything. last year a girl in my grade committed suicide so i kind of know what you're going through. it sucks. i'm sorry. Crying or Very sad
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:30 am

Uh Buh Der wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

what happened??

Smile

ohh i'm sorry, thats pretty weird. Two people in two weeks?? Its always the happy person too =/

My class is pretty small but luckily we haven't lost anyone, it would be tough tohugh.
    XC_crazy
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 820
    Mile Time : 5:44
    800m Time : 2:32
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by XC_crazy Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:09 am

My school's heating system is horrible. In about half the rooms the heating doesn't work well at all and in our choir room the heater doesn't work at all so now we never stay in there. Yet instead of fixing the heating the remodeled the lobby/cafeteria in our school. Mad
    ctk4xc11
    ctk4xc11
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 155
    Mile Time : 4:46
    Class : Senior
    800m Time : 1:59
    5000m XC Time : 16:53
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ctk4xc11 Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:22 am

I don't understand why teachers give their students 3 days to write a rough draft for a 3 page paper, but then give them 2 weeks to write the final draft, um, hello the rough draft takes a lot longer then the final.
    Lily
    Lily
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 462
    Mile Time : 5:56
    Class : 2011
    800m Time : 2:34
    5000m XC Time : 20:45
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by Lily Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:35 am

ctk4xc11 wrote:I don't understand why teachers give their students 3 days to write a rough draft for a 3 page paper, but then give them 2 weeks to write the final draft, um, hello the rough draft takes a lot longer then the final.

well either way that's a lot of time for a three page paper so it's not that bad.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:14 am

Fitter, Happier... wrote:
    ctk4xc11 wrote:I don't understand why teachers give their students 3 days to write a rough draft for a 3 page paper, but then give them 2 weeks to write the final draft, um, hello the rough draft takes a lot longer then the final.

well either way that's a lot of time for a three page paper so it's not that bad.

Usually the final takes more time then the rough draft...riight?? hmm that should be enough, depending on what it is I guess. Whats it about?
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by alex-likes-running Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:17 am

the rough draft usually takes me longer. my final is just a bunch of little changes i make when i edit the rough.
    njrunner14
    njrunner14
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 58
    Class : 2010!
    5000m XC Time : 19:08
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by njrunner14 Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:05 am

Pinthin wrote:I know my mom has talked about getting a divorce.

My rant kinda relates to yours, pinthin. So when I was younger I had a great family, and I would never DREAM about my parents fighting or divorcing. Then enter some fucking doctor who pretty much poisoned my mom's mouth. It's the longest story ever and I don't even know all of it. This happened maybe about 9 years ago? But each year my mom's obsession about it and trying to sue like everybody got worse and worse to the point where I stopped caring (I mean I understand, I would definitely be pissed off too if I were my mom, but trust me, how she's acting is RIDICULOUS). So around my eighth grade year she and my dad fought a lot and when they didn't fight they barely spoke. They were supposed to get seperated two years ago, which I was praising God for at the time because the tension in my house was (and still is) unbearable. But my mom was an idiot back in college and dropped out, so now she has to go back so she can learn nursing (which ironically takes forever), get a good job, and finally she'll leave. She also has the worst mood swings in the world, and 90% of the year she is unhappy, bleh, etc. Rarely she is in the good moods she was ALWAYS in back in the day, so whenever she is, I cherish them. I don't even know why we even eat dinner together anymore either. It's silent, and we all never laugh together anymore. Everytime we go out for dinner, I try to skip it. I can't remember the last time we all enjoyed each other's company. And it's so frustrating that I break down because all my mom was doing was getting two teeth pulled out (which was normal) and now look what happened. And my parents set awful examples too. Thank God I have running and my coach and teammates to give me a secure life.
    ctk4xc11
    ctk4xc11
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 155
    Mile Time : 4:46
    Class : Senior
    800m Time : 1:59
    5000m XC Time : 16:53
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ctk4xc11 Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:42 am

Fitter, Happier... wrote:

oh i not saying that isn't enough time, i was just mad that the rough draft takes me the longest being the final i can do in about 10 mins, while the rough will take a lot more time then that, the fact is y give more time for something that is going to take less and less time for something that is going to take more?
    running_violet
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 930
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by running_violet Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:51 pm

^^greg, i'm with you on the people 'asking for others to comment their pictures' it's sooo annoying.
    they post ENDLESS bullitens saying:
    "omg, I'm leaving to rachel's house...COMMENT MY PICS!!!"
    or
    "PC 4 PC!!!"
    or
    "Comment my pics and I'll love you forever!!"

like seriously, It's so unbecoming.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:08 am

xc running gal wrote:^^greg, i'm with you on the people 'asking for others to comment their pictures' it's sooo annoying.
    or
    "PC 4 PC!!!"
    or

yeah, its sad that people need 80 comments on each photo to feel good about themselves. Thats why I have mine private =/

Myspace..psh, I really wish more people would switch to facebook Neutral
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by alex-likes-running Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:56 am

lol that is pretty weird. nobody really does that at my school.

actually, alot of ppl put up pics of them getting wasted and stuff, but they dont ask to leave comments.
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1567
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal

Post by whenhen Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:26 pm

alex-likes-running wrote:actually, alot of ppl put up pics of them getting wasted and stuff, but they dont ask to leave comments.
    Aren't they "friends" with older relatives who would call their parents? Most people with a fb in my school are forced to be friends with older relatives.

My rant: I now have a cough as a residual symptom from an illness I just got over. I have to give two speeches lasting 3mins and 30seconds, and another one that I make up on the spot lasting 1min 30secs today for the varsity academic decathlon competition. I don't know how I'll be able to say either one of them through and still be within the time limit, since I end up coughing every 10 seconds.
    Hurdle-Gurl
    Hurdle-Gurl
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Hurdle-Gurl Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:41 pm

My knee pain is at it's worst...& track is a month away. =(
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:18 pm

I was going to run on varsity for council/conference champs but instead I got bronchitis and I'm sitting here instead of running.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:13 pm

I got a b+ in chemistry... =/

I know I shouldn't complain, but i've been trying really hard in that class and I still didn't get an A. blahhhh I hate chemistry, and tests. I'm horrible at tests.
    running_violet
    running_violet
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 930
    Mile Time : 5:42
    Class : 2013
    5000m XC Time : 20:13 (road race)
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by running_violet Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:55 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    xc running gal wrote:^^greg, i'm with you on the people 'asking for others to comment their pictures' it's sooo annoying.
    or
    "PC 4 PC!!!"
    or

yeah, its sad that people need 80 comments on each photo to feel good about themselves. Thats why I have mine private =/

Myspace..psh, I really wish more people would switch to facebook Neutral

i agree.
    i enjoy facebook a lot more.
    it's less like...what's the word hmm...frilly? idk...yeah
    calrunner
    calrunner
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 28
    Class : 2009 (Seniors)
    800m Time : 2:17
    5000m XC Time : 18:09
    Registration date : 2008-12-14

Post by calrunner Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:55 pm

it's less like...what's the word hmm...frilly? idk...yeah
    And people who put a lot of gangster and stupid stuff on their myspace's also annoy me. Also, most of my friends who graduated usually use facebook, and most of the people who are juniors or below usually use myspace.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:54 pm