Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
eternally_running
Push Towards State
Grimmest
hxc
silly runner:)
funrunner
AudienceOfOne
runnergirl93
Pinthin
baby got track
RUNxxWILD07
ND XC 23
Kugar
P2
ctk4xc11
Elite28
alex-likes-running
PCNQtrack
xotrackkgirl
FinishingKick
Running With Scissors
xctrackohion2012
26 posters

How'd You End Up Running Track/XC?

Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 146
    Mile Time : running. duh.
    Class : :)
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

How'd You End Up Running Track/XC? - Page 2 Empty Re: How'd You End Up Running Track/XC?

Post by silly runner:) Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:01 pm

well i always hated running. so i kinda had to force myself to do it. i had never run before. but it sounded fun. so i went for it. i started off as a hurdler. hahahahaha. no. until i ate it badd on the track and i still have a scar to show that i can't do hurdles. my first race ever was a 100m sprint. not for me either. then i told my coach i wanted to do distance. i ran the mile all season and was pretty okay actually. when i started beating people i realized i could run and i loved it. so i trained through the summer and did xc.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

How'd You End Up Running Track/XC? - Page 2 Empty Re: How'd You End Up Running Track/XC?

Post by hxc Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:07 pm

Elite28 wrote:I joined XC because I knew some friends doing it and I wanted to get back in shape after having a couple years off from my last HM. Track, needed to work on speed.

What's HM?

Anyway, I started with track. We can't do sports in 6th grade, but you can be a "manager" (read: sit around and watch other people run). Some kid said something about being manager for track in 6th grade and it was so weird...I was just like "I'll do it too". Before that I was so lazy. I never even thought about running. I couldn't comprehend the idea of running more than a mile. My mile time was always like 9 minutes, and by running a little bit in track I got it to 8:05. So I started thinking I was pretty good at distance (LULZ) and decided to do XC in 7th grade. I sucked. I ran like 13 minutes for 1.5 miles at one meet. Then in 8th grade I guess something just clicked and I started
    powning.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:08 pm

i think HM = half marathon
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:21 pm

Oh LOL, I thought it was heart murmur.
    Grimmest
    Grimmest
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Grimmest Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:33 pm

I joined track because I've always loved running (it was the main reason why I played other sports.)

I had no idea what xc was until one of my friends invited me to practice, and I never looked back. It's now officially my favorite sport love
    Push Towards State
    Push Towards State
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 267
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by Push Towards State Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:25 am

I joined basketball and the head athletic lady told me to do some spring sport so I reluctantly chose track. I didn't show up for about a week and then one day the head coach came up to me during my 1st period class and told me when are you gonna show up for practice. I came that same day and he told me which events I wanted to do. There was distance, shot put (lol), sprints, and hurdles but distance came into my mind and stuck with me. Since then I've quit basketball and focused on running.
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:25 am

When i started 9th grade, i met a girl who liked to run. I had p.e. with her, and when we ran the mile, she said i should come out for xc. I didn’t think much of it, but she kept telling me to come out. (it was like almost end of the season now). Anyway, I finally came out. I liked it right away, but i was so late i only got to run 1 meet. It was varsity thou...anyway, i fell in love i guess...lol
    i feel bad now though because my friend has bad asthma. It was always hard for her to run, and finally her parents made her stop because she had a really bad attack. Now she is home schooled, so i don’t even see her, and she cant run. Crying or Very sad
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:28 am

I tried out for the basketball team freshman year, I would have been on the JV team, but I wasn't really a good enough to stay interested, so I signed up for Indoor track instead of basketball. Then I just ran increasingly long distances since then :/

I kind of wonder what I would be like if I had stuck with BBall instead of Indoor. I was going to do Tennis the next season, but liked indoor enough to do outdoor. I would probably be a soccer/Basketball/Tennis player instead of an XC/Indoor/Outdoor Runner if I hadn't quit basketball.

It seems so crazy.
    runner4life92
    runner4life92
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 344
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by runner4life92 Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:39 pm

well, I was pretty good at running the mile in elementary school. I enjoyed it, but never got into running in middle school. freshman year I played soccer. during soccer practices I would see the xc people running past & I always wanted to do that. also, I was fairly good at the running we did on the track for soccer. my soccer coach asked me if I was in track & I just said no. after a while I got the idea to do track in the spring & then xc next fall, which is what I'm doing now Very Happy
    5280ft
    5280ft
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 375
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by 5280ft Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:22 am

When I was little, I loved to race sprints and could beat some of the guys. I also loved to run the mile in PE. My sister first did it to get in shape for soccer. Then my brother did. I quit soccer and we have to either do a sport or stay in shape on our own. I figured if I had to run, I may as well be on a team. So I did XC in 7th grade then track that season. Track is where I started to work hard. I worked hard over the summer and moved from the very end of the race to middle packer. I continued over the winter and was ok in track in the spring.

That summer, I worked with the high school team. I ended up making varsity number 7 and moved to 4th by the end of the year. And that is my story.
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ButterySmoothStride Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:56 pm

I was on the swim team in 8th grade and the practices got me into good shape but my technique was bad so a few girls and most of the guys beat me in the races. I was looking for a new sport, and I had always liked watching running in the olympics and always had a dream in the back of my mind of being the school's resident track star.....I joined up that spring and ran the 800 in the low 2:30's but didn't train well(or at all really. I did at the MOST 10 mpw)....the best part was that the people who beat me in swimming couldn't break 1:20 in the 400. Sadly I didn't run again until March of 9th grade. but i've been training consistently since then

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 am