Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
eternally_running
Push Towards State
Grimmest
hxc
silly runner:)
funrunner
AudienceOfOne
runnergirl93
Pinthin
baby got track
RUNxxWILD07
ND XC 23
Kugar
P2
ctk4xc11
Elite28
alex-likes-running
PCNQtrack
xotrackkgirl
FinishingKick
Running With Scissors
xctrackohion2012
26 posters

How'd You End Up Running Track/XC?

xctrackohion2012
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 177
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

How'd You End Up Running Track/XC? Empty How'd You End Up Running Track/XC?

Post by xctrackohion2012 Sun May 25, 2008 9:43 am

How'd you end up running, for everyone its different.....whats your story?

for me it was basically me wanting to try something new, i had done basketball,baseball, tennis, and swimming at other points and didn't really like them....so reluctantly even though i didn't like running i went out for track.....the first year i ran 100m and did highjump, after that season i became addicted to running and then the following fall for cross country i started running distance.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

How'd You End Up Running Track/XC? Empty Re: How'd You End Up Running Track/XC?

Post by Running With Scissors Sun May 25, 2008 6:47 pm

to help with the speed i lacked in xc
    xctrackohion2012
    Pro
    Pro

Post by xctrackohion2012 Sun May 25, 2008 6:48 pm

lol...
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Running With Scissors Mon May 26, 2008 2:06 am

xctrackohion2012 wrote:lol...

we will see if it worked this xc season
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Mon May 26, 2008 9:16 am

I edited it so it includes track and XC now. I sarted with track actually, I'd always liked running in gym and stuff and my older sister did it.
    xctrackohion2012
    Pro
    Pro

Post by xctrackohion2012 Mon May 26, 2008 12:27 pm

it was fun..... since i had been done 2 seasons track 1 season xc....... and because i was in middle school i had gym still...... we would always run ing gym and i slaughtered everyone....... i lapped people in my class in the 800m(thats pathetic)........ its alwasy fun to run against non-runners

but after awile it gets really old....
    xotrackkgirl
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1023
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by xotrackkgirl Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:32 pm

I moved so I wanted to get to know more people. I joined track and loved it! Now, im pretty sure I'm doing XC to do some longer distances! flower
    PCNQtrack
    PCNQtrack
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1663
    Mile Time : 4:59
    Class : '11 BABY
    5000m XC Time : 16:59
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by PCNQtrack Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:52 pm

we always had this one week track thing back in elementary where you would practice for a week and have one big meet against all the other schools; turns out I was actually pretty fast (relative) and just fell in love when i found the longer distances
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:21 pm

i missed baseball tryouts so i went out for xc. i really liked the people on the team so i stuck with it, and then did track.
    Elite28
    Elite28

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Elite28 Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:42 am

I joined XC because I knew some friends doing it and I wanted to get back in shape after having a couple years off from my last HM. Track, needed to work on speed.
    ctk4xc11
    ctk4xc11
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 155
    Mile Time : 4:46
    Class : Senior
    800m Time : 1:59
    5000m XC Time : 16:53
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ctk4xc11 Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:33 am

well first off in middle school I wanted to play baseball, then I didn't make the team, so I played soccer. I was pretty good at soccer at thought I was going to do it all the way through high school, then in the 9th grade I ran xc to get in shape for soccer, I wasn't very good. Then my 10th grade year I ran xc and did pretty well so I did indoor track and Soccer. Then this year I made a choice to run outdoor. I now know I made a good desicion as I was part of a state championship 4x8 and the soccer team finished last in the district.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA

Post by P2 Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:17 pm

Mine is a lot like Pre's actually.
    In Elementary I was just extremely competitive. To be honest I actually loved football soooooo much and was pretty good at it but no one gave me a chance cause I was so small. Then in 6th grade I was still small but I wouldnt give up so I went out and played linebacker. It was very strange that I was so small but linebacker went over great. The week football ended we had to do a mile in gym. Being a sprinter at first, the mile scared me and everyone else because it seems so long. I finish second in my class with a 7.34. Being the competitive person I am, I worked at it and finished my first 5K with my dad in 26.57 and he held me back so I realized I had potential. The mile came again and I got 7.04. I was ecstatic so running started to grow on me. I decided I was going to race this summer. I went out for a summer 5K and I finished fourth in 25 flat winning my age group. The top 5 runners had to do an extra quarter mile due to a very poorly drawn course so I'm very lucky because if I hadn't gotten a good place I never would have run again and the high school coach wouldn't have realized my potential. So with 9 days to decide between football and XC I decided to follow my brother and did pretty awesome as I was 1st on the Junior High team. Here I am now. Actually, I picked to do that first 5K after buying a pair of Shox to make me look taller. So the main reason is being short.

Lol, sorry for the life story.
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 404
    Class : Junior
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Kugar Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:46 pm

The first sport I tried in high school was basketball. I had been homeschooled through Jr. High, and in our league I didn't come off too badly. So I decided to go ahead with that in the winter. Except I sucked. A lot. So much so that people whispered to eachother in the stands and my poor coach would only reluctantly mumble my name if he absolutely had to put me in.

I had fun, but eventually came to my senses and decided that I needed to find a sport that no one actually watched. Track! The meets take forever, and no one comes except parents. It was perfect. And, shockingly, I didn't suck. Well, okay, I suck(ed), but not as bad as I did at basketball. And no one cared that I sucked! What a cool sport.

I got hooked as a freshman, then joined XC and indoor/outdoor as a sophomore, and this year I'm looking to run all year as well.
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny

Post by ND XC 23 Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:32 pm

Piper2 wrote:Mine is a lot like Pre's actually.

Rolling Eyes
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 995
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:37 am

I ran XC because I ran distance in middle school track and the high school coach gave me info on it. And then the high school coach gave an amazing speech to all the 8th graders on why they should do cross country. He had over 100 8th graders sign up, even though only 20 actually did it.

I ran track because after XC I loved running and I wanted to do a running sport year round.
    baby got track
    baby got track
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2211
    Class : 2011
    5000m XC Time : 22:42
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by baby got track Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Life story lol:
    read at your own risk; it's long Razz

One day, in middle school, I missed my bus so I had to wait until the next bus forty five minutes later. I had nothing to do, so I went to the meeting for track (because it was the only thing going on haha). I didn't really want to run (I was a fat, lazy little girl who could barely run two feet), but I joined anyway. In the beginning, I couldn't even run the two warm up laps around our school without stopping. By the end of the season, I was running the whole two laps... with the guys on our team. This gave me the idea of running distance (I was originally a sprinter). So, I decided to sign up for XC the next year at the high school. That didn't work out (I wasn't ready for the kind of running that they do) but I still decided to train for a 5k in November. I trained for a while and gave up for a few months. About a week before the 5k, I decided to start training again. I ran the 5k in 27:11 and was pretty proud. Then I ran the gym mile in 7:10 a while later, which blew all the non runners in my class (everyone lol) away. That's when I decided to seriously commit to spring track and distance running. I ran spring track, and my coach convinced me to run XC, so next year I will! I'm really excited! Very Happy
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 pm

I did track because my older brothers were good at it, and I thought I would be too..haha

I joined xc because the track coach is also xc coach, and she said I looked like a distance runner, but my friend literally had to drag me to the xc meeting.... I wish I would have started alot sooner =[

I always sucked in the school mile though..which didn't give me alot of confidence.
    runnergirl93
    runnergirl93
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 534
    Mile Time : 6:00
    800m Time : 2:41
    5000m XC Time : 21:55
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runnergirl93 Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:43 pm

i did started cross country because my best friend convinced me to somehow. I ended up being pretty good and so I kept on running. pretty lame. Neutral
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:56 pm

my mommy made me.
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny

Post by ND XC 23 Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:38 am

i had always run with my dad since i was little...i grew up always doing the kids races while he ran the 5k/half marathon/or marathon. and then i started to run on my own in 6th grade to help with soccer. freshman year i did field hockey because there werent really any freshman on the xc team. but i didnt like field hockey so the next year i did xc. i loved it so much and blew away my previous prs by like 5 minutes. so i decided to do track also. and loved it. and i cant imagine my life without running now.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Running With Scissors Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:59 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:my mommy made me.

lol me mom told me i had to do a sport so running was what i thought i would do best
    then i started to like xc and then did track as i said above to help with the speed i need in xc
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:50 pm

what grade were you in?
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 627

Post by funrunner Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Break out the popcorn...

First my dad made me do a Half-Marathon at the start of 7th grade, just so I could prove to myself that I could. After that I was one of those crazy-slow people who thinks he's cool because he can run 13 miles at 10:00 pace. I was never a good athlete, but after this I started calling myself a runner. People didn't take me very seriously. Winter of 8th grade I came to my senses and I decided I'd work crazy hard (12 mpw Rolling Eyes ) over the winter to improve my gym class mile (7:00) to a sexy sexy sub-6 mile. So I did MS track. I ran 5:52 (dead last) at our city meet, but our team still won, so I got my name on a banner. I'm not sure why I did HS XC, other than that my parents would have made me do club soccer had I not. I enjoyed 9th grade XC and most of the distance guys did track as well, so I followed them. I'm still not fast, but I'm a runner and I now understand what is required of people who claim that title.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:31 pm

i laughed, i cried. your story moved me.
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 627

Post by funrunner Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:44 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:i laughed, i cried. your story moved me.

Thanks, Miler.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:21 am