Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+4
Pinthin
Kugar
FinishingKick
XCTrackXC
8 posters

Stupidest/Funniest thing that you've ever done or has happened to you running.

XCTrackXC
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 398
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Stupidest/Funniest thing that you've ever done or has happened to you running. Empty Stupidest/Funniest thing that you've ever done or has happened to you running.

Post by XCTrackXC Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:45 pm

I'll start.

Mine was last night. I was doing a 5 mile run. I run at night once its dark, because I figure while I still can I might as well avoid the sun and heat of day.

So, about 3.5 miles into my run I get to an intersection that I always turn right into then have about 1.5 miles though some winding side-streets till I'm home. The intersection is of two fairly high-traffic roads and waiting for traffic to break to cross can take a while (the side of the street in the direction I come from has no sidewalk/curb just grass, the other has a bike path).

So usually when I have a long wait for traffic I run down the side of the street without a path to run on and go through the grass until I can cross. Mind you, it's really dark out no street lights or anything and trees block out the little moonlight/starlight there is and eventually traffic breaks and no headlights either.

I forget about crossing the road and keep running, by this point I'm starting to speed up and going pretty fast...when I run into something really hard really fast and get the wind knocked out of me and my hand smashed up between my chest and whatever I hit. affraid I was confused as hell for a while because I still couldn't see what I hit even though I knew I was right by it... Eventually more cars come along and with the light from their headlights I realized I ran straight into a metal mailbox painted entirely jet black.
    Rolling Eyes

Right after I felt like a huge dumbass and was in a kinda bad mood because I was "in the zone" so to say (lol) and it really threw me off and slowed me down for a while. But now it's kinda funny :p

Anyone else have a similar (not running into a mailbox..you know what I mean...) story?
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Stupidest/Funniest thing that you've ever done or has happened to you running. Empty Re: Stupidest/Funniest thing that you've ever done or has happened to you running.

Post by FinishingKick Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:50 pm

One time we were running and I had my head turned to the side watching a field hockey game when I ran right into a gigantic puddle. Rolling Eyes

Another time an Asian kid on my team ran right into a metal bench (that was on the track for some strange reason) during our warm up.
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 404
    Class : Junior
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Stupidest/Funniest thing that you've ever done or has happened to you running. Empty Re: Stupidest/Funniest thing that you've ever done or has happened to you running.

Post by Kugar Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:09 pm

We live adjacent to a State Park, so that's where I do most of my running. A couple of days ago, I was doing my workout, and I started hearing this really intense buzzing noise. I didn't think anything of it at first (I wasn't paying attention), until I ran smack into a bee's nest. Scared me to death and I half-sprinted all the way through the rest of my workout. I only got stung a couple of times, and I think I probably did more damage falling all over myself to get away Rolling Eyes
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:21 pm

The trail I always run on is between a highway and housing developments. I was running with some friends during a workout and we were goofing around and stuff, when I ran into one of those for sale signs that are on hinges (know what I'm talking about??) wansnt that bad but a bunch of people probably saw me on the road.

Another I was running with a friend and you know how bikers say "on you left, on your right?" well a guy said "on your left", so I scooted to the right a little bit and then I heard brakes screeching and he ran into me..haha he was like "sorry I meant to say right" it wasnt that hard but it kinda scared me..lol
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 358
    Registration date : 2008-06-27

Post by *sg* Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:51 pm

During XC my team runs in a park near our school that has a river running through it. Actualy, in most places the water is barely moving at all, so it's kind of swampy. One time we were running along and we heard this splashing coming from the river. We stopped and looked over and saw some turtles doing it affraid(at least, that's what we thought... my xc team isn't exactly a bunch of turtle experts..) soo, we kept going to give them their privacy.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:54 pm

FinishingKick wrote:Another time an Asian kid on my team ran right into a metal bench (that was on the track for some strange reason) during our warm up.

Thanks for specifying that he was asian.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:55 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:Another time an Asian kid on my team ran right into a metal bench (that was on the track for some strange reason) during our warm up.

Thanks for specifying that he was asian.
    You're welcome.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12

Post by hxc Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Anyway, on topic:
    Why are everybody's names green and blue and stuff?
    XCTrackXC
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 398
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post by XCTrackXC Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:02 pm

Green means they're an admin I think, and blue means you're in the I LOVE BRIE group (maybe other groups too, not sure)

Last edited by XCTrackXC on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : FORGOT MY SIGNATURE)
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:03 pm

Look at the bottom of the main page where the people online are listed.
    runnergirl93
    runnergirl93
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 534
    Mile Time : 6:00
    800m Time : 2:41
    5000m XC Time : 21:55

Post by runnergirl93 Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:34 pm

o man, one time i was running at practice and i was on the grass looking at my friend joe talking to him and i ran into a mailbox. I have done it 3 mores times since too. He never lets me live it down.
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by ND XC 23 Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:46 pm

my best friend and i were warming up before a track meet on the outside lanes and the hurdles were pushed right up to the fence, but the legs were jetting out a bit into the outermost lane. anyway, we were talking and all of a sudden she falls over and lands on her arm. turns out she broke her elbow and was in a sling for prom ha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:20 am