Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+13
futureNIKErunner
mae2937
hxc
TnF_T
baby got track
Pinthin
runner_dude
eternally_running
AudienceOfOne
RUNxxWILD07
T B K
FinishingKick
BA_Sadie.
17 posters

track donts

mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

track donts - Page 2 Empty Re: track donts

Post by mae2937 Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:23 am

Pinthin wrote:
    RUNxxWILD07 wrote:The name brand runner

This person cannot wear Nike, Adidas, or any of the usual. Their wardrobe consists of screen tee's from Hollister or American eagle with Love Pink shorts to match. Never has worn the same outfit twice to practice and insists on buying new clothes because she doesn't have enough shorts with the words on the butt to match her t's.

erghh I really hate that, all the middle school girls do that. They like to look pretty when they run Rolling Eyes

haha once i saw a junior high kid wearing a north face fleece in the middle of april at track practice...she had the sleeves pushed up it was BURNING UP
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 995
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:52 am

lol, we have someone who always wears name brand, and like if they didnt know her name they would be like "oh, the hollister girl"
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:24 am

futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ATribeCalledGreg wrote:The Cheerleader
    Don't get me wrong, this is a member of your track team. As with normal cheerleaders, this is normally a girl. This specimen will give you unrelenting support no matter how terrible of a day you are having or how bad you just ran. Doesn't sound bad? Think about it.

"GREAT RACE GREG!"
    "Uh, thanks.... I only ran (insert time much slower than your PR)"
    "OMIGOSH GREAT JOB!"
    "No.... it really wasn't."

i hate it when people do that. if i say i had a bad day. I HAD a bad day. lol
    dont try and make me feel good. just makes me madder.

i hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that like when i run a terrible race my parents are all sadie its all right you really kicked at the end or something im like yeah because i realized i was going way slower than normal lol...my friend and i decided though that when one of us has a bad race we'll just be like its okay i know it wasn't good and stuff then run our cool down together lol. i love having someone tell me that it was bad when it was kinda weird i know. Coach always just gives me a lecture when i do bad hes just like "Sadie your still learning the ropes and your not gonna PR every race but your on varsity and not many other freshman can say that im just like blah blah blah.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:25 am

mae2937 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

This person cannot wear Nike, Adidas, or any of the usual. Their wardrobe consists of screen tee's from Hollister or American eagle with Love Pink shorts to match. Never has worn the same outfit twice to practice and insists on buying new clothes because she doesn't have enough shorts with the words on the butt to match her t's.

erghh I really hate that, all the middle school girls do that. They like to look pretty when they run Rolling Eyes

haha once i saw a junior high kid wearing a north face fleece in the middle of april at track practice...she had the sleeves pushed up it was BURNING UP

i wear north face in winter lol its comfy not when its hot out though...
    i hate when girls do their makeup before races and style their bangs lol that is just dumb.
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:26 am

i think northface is fine.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Post by mae2937 Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:54 am

RUNxxWILD07 wrote:i think northface is fine.

in the middle of april when its like 90+ degrees out side
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Post by mae2937 Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:56 am

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

i hate when girls do their makeup before races and style their bangs lol that is just dumb.

we had to leave at like 4:30 in the morning for a race that was about 3 hours away and one of the girls on my track team had woken up at three to take a shower do all of her makeup and blow out her hair....on the other hand i had slept in my uniform grabbed my bag and left the house...no makeup really who cares at track meets what you look like
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:02 pm

mae2937 wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

we had to leave at like 4:30 in the morning for a race that was about 3 hours away and one of the girls on my track team had woken up at three to take a shower do all of her makeup and blow out her hair....on the other hand i had slept in my uniform grabbed my bag and left the house...no makeup really who cares at track meets what you look like
    Lol you slept in your uniform? I don't put my singlet on until a few minutes before I run.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:04 pm

mae2937 wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

thats a good idea, sleeping in your uniform. We have a ton of early invites where usually I wake up late and barely make it. might try that.

We had some girls like that too that always had to look pretty, its just like a big boy fest to them. Rolling Eyes
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:05 pm

ive never slept in my uniform but i have slept in my sports bra so im ready right when i get up, and i hate wearing makeup to run only eyeliner and lipgloss.

it takes me awhile to get ready though because i always have my hair in 2 braids that connect into a ponytail.

and in 90 degree weather the only way northface would be okay is if it was a track meet and the person was like on a 10 min w/u and they started with it on and got hot so rolled it up and took it off once done running.
    runnergirl93
    runnergirl93
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 534
    Mile Time : 6:00
    800m Time : 2:41
    5000m XC Time : 21:55
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runnergirl93 Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:16 pm

we had to leave at like 4:30 in the morning for a race that was about 3 hours away and one of the girls on my track team had woken up at three to take a shower do all of her makeup and blow out her hair....on the other hand i had slept in my uniform grabbed my bag and left the house...no makeup really who cares at track meets what you look like[/quote]

thats something acouple of my friends would do, probably me too. aweful i know. but its just all for fun really. me and two of my close friends "scope" out boys and one of my friends ended up seeing a guy and they hit it off and madeout. it gets better since my coach found them and started laughing and then told the guy "YOU stay away from my track runners" we make fun of my friend to this day about it expecially since our coach found her.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Post by mae2937 Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:17 pm

RUNxxWILD07 wrote:ive never slept in my uniform but i have slept in my sports bra so im ready right when i get up, and i hate wearing makeup to run only eyeliner and lipgloss.

it takes me awhile to get ready though because i always have my hair in 2 braids that connect into a ponytail.

and in 90 degree weather the only way northface would be okay is if it was a track meet and the person was like on a 10 min w/u and they started with it on and got hot so rolled it up and took it off once done running.

well they were just at practice....it was so wrong it was just a junior high kid trying to look cool
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:20 pm

yeah, that would be stupid
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:09 pm

i always sleep in my uniform and my warmups the day before meets even if i don't have to wake up early and stuff and i wear my uniform under my school clothes if we have a meet after school its kinda a luck thing lol.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:15 pm

runnergirl93 wrote:we had to leave at like 4:30 in the morning for a race that was about 3 hours away and one of the girls on my track team had woken up at three to take a shower do all of her makeup and blow out her hair....on the other hand i had slept in my uniform grabbed my bag and left the house...no makeup really who cares at track meets what you look like

thats something acouple of my friends would do, probably me too. aweful i know. but its just all for fun really. me and two of my close friends "scope" out boys and one of my friends ended up seeing a guy and they hit it off and madeout. it gets better since my coach found them and started laughing and then told the guy "YOU stay away from my track runners" we make fun of my friend to this day about it expecially since our coach found her.[/quote]

i would never makeout with a random guy i met at a meet but i meet people after i run girls and guys i'm pretty good friends with most of them like i might hang out with them if they live near me and stuff but only after i run and i don't like go up to them and flirt with them and crap is just friendly lol.
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:17 pm

yeah, i care what i look like for meets, i just wouldn't take a shower before a meet, afterwards when i need one, yes. If i did before my hair would never dry cause its insanely thick. But i usually look good at meets since my hair is always done in my "lucky racing style"
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:59 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    runnergirl93 wrote:we had to leave at like 4:30 in the morning for a race that was about 3 hours away and one of the girls on my track team had woken up at three to take a shower do all of her makeup and blow out her hair....on the other hand i had slept in my uniform grabbed my bag and left the house...no makeup really who cares at track meets what you look like

thats something acouple of my friends would do, probably me too. aweful i know. but its just all for fun really. me and two of my close friends "scope" out boys and one of my friends ended up seeing a guy and they hit it off and madeout. it gets better since my coach found them and started laughing and then told the guy "YOU stay away from my track runners" we make fun of my friend to this day about it expecially since our coach found her.

i would never makeout with a random guy i met at a meet but i meet people after i run girls and guys i'm pretty good friends with most of them like i might hang out with them if they live near me and stuff but only after i run and i don't like go up to them and flirt with them and crap is just friendly lol.[/quote]

yeah thats kinda creepy.

I made some friends too, but they live kinda far away, and on an island..haha ferries are $
    =/ and our "rival" school, our team is really close with them too.

this quote thing is messed up =/
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:05 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    eternally_running wrote:Inquisitor of PRs (at line) submitted by CardsXC
    "Quick, no time for description, what are your PR's?!"

i hate that soooo much!! Its really annoying! Mad

If you're running the mile, either tell them 4:01 or 12:01. Each one should get some laughs.

haha.....i'll do that!! lol Very Happy
    Through_the_Pain
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Mile Time : ???

Post by Through_the_Pain Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:12 pm

I would be classified as the slacker cuz its my first yeaar and i ran 25mpw and i have been accused of not trying my hardest in practice but i end up beating the older guys on the team and kept pring now im the 4th 800m runner on the team.Im also good vriends with the tag along.
    Through_the_Pain
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Mile Time : ???

Post by Through_the_Pain Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:21 pm

im the guy that goes "woah look how fast that guy is!!"
    silly runner:)
    silly runner:)
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 146
    Mile Time : running. duh.
    Class : :)
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by silly runner:) Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:16 pm

these are cute. and accurate. we have most of these on our team. honestly i'm the fan though. ha.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:25 pm

we have a sunglasses guy (but he's good so its alright) we have a complainer and a million slackers.

OH and the throwers that eat in front of you, ours bring chinese food and subway >=/
    baby got track
    baby got track
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2211
    Class : 2011
    5000m XC Time : 22:42
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by baby got track Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:52 pm

Does anyone else have the people that run from side to side of the track, cheering on the distance races??
    We do, and I'm one of them haha Smile
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 139
    Location : IN ORDER TO FILL THIS BOX, I HAVE USED EXACTLY ONE HUNDRED LETTERS WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM LOL WUT
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:53 pm

THE IGNORANT LOSERS

- THOSE WHO DONT KNOW WHO BRIE IS
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:37 am

ILOVEBRIES

The people who are too caught up in their semi-pro idols that they can't preform well on the track and in cross country(and running in general).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:57 am