Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
BagoXC25
May As Well Run
Adonai
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
funrunner
*sg*
Just Because
thelagwagon
Push Towards State
Running With Scissors
TnF_T
Trackaholic
mae2937
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
T B K
runner_dude
BA_Sadie.
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
Phuckduck
26 posters

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 2 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:23 pm

alex-likes-running wrote:i think he means he believes that a man named jesus did exist, he may not believe that he performed such miracles as are discribed in the bible.

thats just a guess though, i dunno

yes that's exactly what i was saying. It is well documented that Jesus existed and died by crucifixion but i do not believe that he was unmarried and divine. A jewish boy at that time would have been forced to marry. and i do not believe in the imacculate conception
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 2 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by alex-likes-running Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:24 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:alex, are christians really treated badly in china? i've heard some bad things....

umm i dont think so, i havent heard any stories at least. here in hk, nobody really cares what religion anyone is, its all about buisness and making cash. my school is like 70% christian though (its a lutheran school, but the majority of the christians are catholic) so nobody really has a beef against christianity.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:29 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    alex-likes-running wrote:i think he means he believes that a man named jesus did exist, he may not believe that he performed such miracles as are discribed in the bible.

yes that's exactly what i was saying. It is well documented that Jesus existed and died by crucifixion but i do not believe that he was unmarried and divine. A jewish boy at that time would have been forced to marry. and i do not believe in the imacculate conception
    jesus traveled around a lot. he was in so many places they couldn't have forced him to marry. same with the 12 disciples.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:29 pm

The Bee's Knees wrote:
    runner_dude wrote:The universe does not exist.

Bull shit.

This is why Christians get on my nerves. I have nothing against them and they are nice but when it comes to issues like this they can't keep it in their pants.

geeze take it easy.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:30 pm

alex-likes-running wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:alex, are christians really treated badly in china? i've heard some bad things....

umm i dont think so, i havent heard any stories at least. here in hk, nobody really cares what religion anyone is, its all about buisness and making cash. my school is like 70% christian though (its a lutheran school, but the majority of the christians are catholic) so nobody really has a beef against christianity.
    i thought china was anti-christian? or is that just in some parts, or am i completely wrong?
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:31 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:

Bull shit.

This is why Christians get on my nerves. I have nothing against them and they are nice but when it comes to issues like this they can't keep it in their pants.

geeze take it easy.

Keep it in your pants and I will. explosive
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:31 pm

SourWorms wrote:and i do not believe in the imacculate conception

Do you believe in the Immaculate Reception?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:31 pm

The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:

Bull shit.

geeze take it easy.

she's a girl....
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:31 pm

The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:

Bull shit.

geeze take it easy.

i do not have anything to take out of my pants?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:32 pm

runner_dude wrote:

way to lighten up the thread lol.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:32 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:

Bull shit.

geeze take it easy.

i do not have anything to take out of my pants?
    lol...
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by alex-likes-running Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:34 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:

i thought china was anti-christian? or is that just in some parts, or am i completely wrong?
    I think what happens is, that foreigners (americans, australians, europeans etc) who live in China (im talking about the mainland here, Macau and HK have freedom of religion) are allowed to practice christianity as long as its not in public, but the natives are not. i dont think christians are allowed to preach to the mainlanders.
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:35 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    runner_dude wrote:

way to lighten up the thread lol.

Hey, Browns fans contend that the ball hit the defender, therefore making the pass incomplete under the rules of the day.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:36 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:

I think what happens is, that foreigners (americans, australians, europeans etc) who live in China (im talking about the mainland here, Macau and HK have freedom of religion) are allowed to practice christianity as long as its not in public, but the natives are not. i dont think christians are allowed to preach to the mainlanders.
    and your school is all foreigners?
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by alex-likes-running Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:37 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

and your school is all foreigners?
    its like 50/50 (european,australian,american / korean,japanese,indian,chinese). HK is its own government, so the locals can practice wtv religion they like.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:37 pm

This is really weird because I was having this discussion with my bro before I got on here.

Short and sweet: basically what sourworms said Mad that the universe was never created its just always been there, and I believe we came from monkeys.

Okay this will sound dumb but I've always wondered were god came from.
    He just popped out of no where one day?

And I was asking my bro why Christians are the only religion that really "advertise" and always have to go to countries that are happy being the religion they are and try to convert people. My friend and I made a truce that we will never talk about religion and she'll stop bringing me too her youth groups.haha yeah..
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 pm

what are you pinthin? lol. like religion wise
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:40 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

jesus traveled around a lot. he was in so many places they couldn't have forced him to marry. same with the 12 disciples.

when he was 13 and forced to marry as a young jewish man? oh right...
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:41 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

when he was 13 and forced to marry as a young jewish man? oh right...
    what?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Pinthin wrote:This is really weird because I was having this discussion with my bro before I got on here.

Short and sweet: basically what sourworms said Mad that the universe was never created its just always been there, and I believe we came from monkeys.

And I was asking my bro why Christians are the only religion that really "advertise" and always have to go to countries that are happy being the religion they are and try to convert people. My friend and I made a truce that we will never talk about religion and she'll stop bringing me too her youth groups.haha yeah..
    that's one reason why so many people turn to atheism. because as humans we can't understand how God could be everlasting, how he is and always was. he didn't pop out of no where. he always was there, and always will be.

as for the last part, you can read my other posts to find out why Christians "advertise".
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:what are you pinthin? lol. like religion wise

agnostic I guess. my mom,dad, and older brother are pretty religous though. But they dont shove it down my throat which is good =] lol

Last edited by Pinthin on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:This is really weird because I was having this discussion with my bro before I got on here.

that's one reason why so many people turn to atheism. because as humans we can't understand how God could be everlasting, how he is and always was. he didn't pop out of no where. he always was there, and always will be.

kinda like our universe? Wink
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:what are you pinthin? lol. like religion wise
    i think that she's atheist.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:

as for the last part, you can read my other posts to find out why Christians "advertise".

you can say the same thing about the universe. people can believe in an eternal god but not an eternal universe. why can't you accept a universe that just has always been
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

kinda like our universe? Wink
    no.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:54 pm