Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
BagoXC25
May As Well Run
Adonai
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
funrunner
*sg*
Just Because
thelagwagon
Push Towards State
Running With Scissors
TnF_T
Trackaholic
mae2937
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
T B K
runner_dude
BA_Sadie.
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
Phuckduck
26 posters

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 37 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by FinishingKick Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 pm

You can't prove that evolution is the right theory with the information we currently have but it certainly makes the most sense and has probably won this debate.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 37 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by BagoXC25 Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:12 pm

I'll lay off the subject of your school sourworms.

As long as you can't prove it, evolution doesn't "win". But I'm not saying intelligent design wins either. Debates don't always have to have a victor.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:38 am

This debate does have a victor though, and it is evolution. Based on the arguments and evidence presented evolution is the overwhelming winner.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:49 am

I disproved all of your evidence though.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:56 pm

You didn't disprove a single thing. All you did was present what you thought was wrong with my points, but no scientific evidence to back up your assumptions.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:47 pm

SourWorms wrote:You didn't disprove a single thing. All you did was present what you thought was wrong with my points, but no scientific evidence to back up your assumptions.

And what evidence did you say to prove us wrong?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:55 pm

I never set out to disprove the existance of God. But look back through the various articles I presented
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:05 pm

While you may not agree with the site this is listed on, you have to agree with the facts that it presents. I will give more links too, but this is just a start. They also go over why the Stanley Miller experiment does not prove anything. Very good articel imo, it covers both sides.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Bible-Studies-1654/2008/4/Evolution-versus-creation-essays-1.htm

www.geocities.com/manzur_bd/evolution.pdf

^^This one is even better, and actually has cited proof that STANLEY HIMSELF admitted his findings were worthless given the circumstances under which he performed his experiment.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:31 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:While you may not agree with the site this is listed on, you have to agree with the facts that it presents. I will give more links too, but this is just a start. They also go over why the Stanley Miller experiment does not prove anything. Very good articel imo, it covers both sides.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Bible-Studies-1654/2008/4/Evolution-versus-creation-essays-1.htm

www.geocities.com/manzur_bd/evolution.pdf

^^This one is even better, and actually has cited proof that STANLEY HIMSELF admitted his findings were worthless given the circumstances under which he performed his experiment.

When are you going to stop being so stupid. Just stop please.

Evolution exists, and you had accepted that fact not long ago, but since the suggestion that you lost this debate came about you have become a sore loser.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:41 pm

I still havn't said I don't believe in evolution. But if you knew anything about evolution THEORY, you would also know that in order for it to be true, it doesn't JUST require that evolution be true. It also (and most importantly) requires that ALL LIFE came about by the process of evolution. That is the point I was disputing.

And I can't believe you still need to call me stupid to get your...."point"?...across. I guess you could call it a point, but not a well thought out one.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:53 pm

I don't think you are one to distinguish between a well thought out point and one of lesser value, considering your apparent lack of elementary common sense. When you raise evidence, i never again want to see you cite some idiotic, bible-mongering, fairy-tale inventor as a basis for concrete proof. Evolution is more than a theory. Please, don't be stupid anymore. I'm tired of this argument. Just stop being stupid.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:59 pm

YOU HAVE YET to dispute any of my points. All of your posts are completely off topic and non-sensical. Maybe your friend sourworms should teach you how to debate. Your only response to any point made is name calling. And how about you read some of those articles, if you are as smart as you say you are then you should understand them and find them to be true. Because they are.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:11 pm

So you are turning to calling him stupid for not believing in creationist propaganda? The articles you cited are not based in science, but rather assumptions that the bible is actually fact, which if you were as smart as you claim you are, you would know it is not.

In case you didn't know, all life did come about by evolution. If you do not believe in that, then you obviously do not believe in evolution at all. So please, I beg you, make up your mind.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:19 pm

First off, I didn't call him stupid. Second, both articles disproved evolution theory through SCIENCE, not through any kind of interpretation of the bible.

"In case you didn't know, all life did come about by evolution"

All life came about in general? Or all life came to be as it is today? The first one is scientifically impossible, proven time and time again. The second is definitely possible.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:41 pm

I give up. You earlier realized yourself beaten when i brought up that new species of bacteria are discovered every day, as well as the fact that mutation and evolution can be seen on a human time-frame. Yet, you insist that you have left none of my points undisputed. You are in no position, therefore, to continue bringing up new points and arguing I have failed to respond to these idiotic sources. I laugh at your insistence to force your little god theories into scientific fact. Evolution does not disprove god, but god can be disassociated from evolution. I beg of you, please, realize your own stupidity, or at least accept that you are not as smart as you believe yourself to be. If you can ever come to accept this fact, it is possible that you are smarter than i believe you to be.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:34 pm

Adonai wrote:I give up. You earlier realized yourself beaten when i brought up that new species of bacteria are discovered every day, as well as the fact that mutation and evolution can be seen on a human time-frame. Yet, you insist that you have left none of my points undisputed. You are in no position, therefore, to continue bringing up new points and arguing I have failed to respond to these idiotic sources. I laugh at your insistence to force your little god theories into scientific fact. Evolution does not disprove god, but god can be disassociated from evolution. I beg of you, please, realize your own stupidity, or at least accept that you are not as smart as you believe yourself to be. If you can ever come to accept this fact, it is possible that you are smarter than i believe you to be.
    You have to refute his arguments before you can say that.

Last edited by FinishingKick on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:31 pm

We already refuted all of his arguments, which were not very good to begin with.

Unfortunately for you bible-thumpers out there, carbon dating is actually used to prove biblical events i.e. Noah's flood. But i guess carbon dating is faulty, so Noah's flood never happened.

And Bago, what you said makes no sense. How is it scientifically impossible that all life came about by evolution since 99% of the scientific community seems to believe that is true.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:01 pm

They believe the theory is true even though they have yet to prove it.

And why are you so swayed by what the media tells you about carbon dating? Do you realize how inaccurate it actually is? Scientists use a system of trial and error to find their results, because when they carbon date something over 50,000 year old (which is technically impossible due to the half life of C-14 being relatively short at 5780 [+/- 40 years]), they get a different number almost every time, and it can range from 50,000 years to 300,000,000 years. Do your research on this and you will find these numbers to be relatively true.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:They believe the theory is true even though they have yet to prove it.

And why are you so swayed by what the media tells you about carbon dating? Do you realize how inaccurate it actually is? Scientists use a system of trial and error to find their results, because when they carbon date something over 50,000 year old (which is technically impossible due to the half life of C-14 being relatively short at 5780 [+/- 40 years]), they get a different number almost every time, and it can range from 50,000 years to 300,000,000 years. Do your research on this and you will find these numbers to be relatively true.

I think we have already been over this. Plutonium/uranium isotopes can be used for dating beyond 50,000 years, accurate to within a million years or so which is exceptional relative to the lifespan of the earth.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:34 pm

Uranium dating STILL has yet to reveal correct age-estimate results on known-age materials, so why should we think that scientists can literally guess the age of completey unknown materials?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:04 pm

If they are so innacurate, why has C-14 dating been used to "prove" Noah's flood. answer that
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:12 am

I never said that it was inaccurate for items less than 50,000 years old. According the the bible, the flood happend between 4300 and 5000 years ago.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:15 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:I never said that it was inaccurate for items less than 50,000 years old. According the the bible, the flood happend between 4300 and 5000 years ago.

Am I really hearing you believe Noah's flood was an actual, historical event? You are dumber than i thought.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Ok, well I guess I'm dumb for believing the bible too. Me along with 2,000,000,000 other people.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:00 pm

I am positive 2,000,000,000 people do not believe in christianity much less take the bible literally.

So you contend that C-14 dating is accurate, which you disputed earlier, but other isotopes used to date farther back are innaccurate? I smell shenss

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:21 pm