Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
BagoXC25
May As Well Run
Adonai
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
funrunner
*sg*
Just Because
thelagwagon
Push Towards State
Running With Scissors
TnF_T
Trackaholic
mae2937
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
T B K
runner_dude
BA_Sadie.
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
Phuckduck
26 posters

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 38 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by BagoXC25 Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:24 pm

I never disputed that C-14 wasn't accurate on items less than 50,000 years old, and you can read my posts to see that for yourself. The reason why other dating methods aren't accurate are because they have been proven to be wrong in dating known-age materials, whereas C-14 has been correct on dating things hundreds of years old.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 38 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by BagoXC25 Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:25 pm

Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:04 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:I never disputed that C-14 wasn't accurate on items less than 50,000 years old, and you can read my posts to see that for yourself. The reason why other dating methods aren't accurate are because they have been proven to be wrong in dating known-age materials, whereas C-14 has been correct on dating things hundreds of years old.

well then if its accurate to within a million years would it make sense that a 50 year old object would appear to be 1,000,000 years old? tsk tsk
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:07 pm

You guys should really give up. No one is going to be convinced, you're just wasting your time.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:08 pm

and your point is?

I used that website when I was researching taoism last year... hmm
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Watch the science channel right now.
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by May As Well Run Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:27 am

BagoXC25 wrote:Ok, well I guess I'm dumb for believing the bible too. Me along with 2,000,000,000 other people.
    Your faith is only so strong because of forced conversions and prosecution of non-Christians.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:21 am

May As Well Run wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:Ok, well I guess I'm dumb for believing the bible too. Me along with 2,000,000,000 other people.
    Your faith is only so strong because of forced conversions and prosecution of non-Christians.

Ok why is hindu so strong then? And please, give me an answer that is different than the one for christians.

And I guess Jesus was technically Jewish when he was prosecuted. I'm not disagreeing with your point, I was just giving an answer to another question. But you most likely are one of those people who just skip to the last page of a thread and have no idea what you are debating about.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:25 am

thelagwagon wrote:You guys should really give up. No one is going to be convinced, you're just wasting your time.
    First off, I agree with this.

SourWorms wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:I never disputed that C-14 wasn't accurate on items less than 50,000 years old, and you can read my posts to see that for yourself. The reason why other dating methods aren't accurate are because they have been proven to be wrong in dating known-age materials, whereas C-14 has been correct on dating things hundreds of years old.

well then if its accurate to within a million years would it make sense that a 50 year old object would appear to be 1,000,000 years old? tsk tsk

Second, I don't think I understand your question. What is accurate to a million years?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:55 pm

uranium dating. which you said is unreliable for young objects. OF COURSE IT IS! thats why we use carbon dating
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:01 pm

SourWorms wrote:uranium dating. which you said is unreliable for young objects. OF COURSE IT IS! thats why we use carbon dating
    oh yea, the topic where tracko balled on you. that carbon dating.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:17 pm

yeah tracko didn't ball on me. He wont even back up his points anymore
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:10 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:
    May As Well Run wrote:

Ok why is hindu so strong then? And please, give me an answer that is different than the one for christians.

And I guess Jesus was technically Jewish when he was prosecuted. I'm not disagreeing with your point, I was just giving an answer to another question. But you most likely are one of those people who just skip to the last page of a thread and have no idea what you are debating about.

Hinduism has been around longer.

More numbers doesn't make you more right. Since we are one of the biggest nations and our nation was built on christianity, wouldn't it only make sense to why christianity is the biggest religion?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:22 pm

china is bigger. not very much christianity there. we still have big numbers.

but i will say that i understand why numbers don't mean much.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:24 pm

SourWorms wrote:yeah tracko didn't ball on me. He wont even back up his points anymore
    so, he did for the majority of this thread, and it hasn't gotten far since then.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:32 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:china is bigger. not very much christianity there. we still have big numbers.

A good chunk of China is atheist, I had a friend who lived over there for like 4 years (she's my hard-core Christian friend, her mom went to teach at a Christian American school) or that’s what she told me, no offense sometimes she says things that aren't all that true but eh, I'll take it.

And my Korean friend said its the same in S.korea, with the newer generation anyways. that wasn’t necessary but I'd thought I'd share that =]
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:46 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:yeah tracko didn't ball on me. He wont even back up his points anymore
    so, he did for the majority of this thread, and it hasn't gotten far since then.

actually he dind't at all. The only way that statement could be true is if you deny all accepted science like he did. Luckily, I do not have my head shoved up my ass so I choose to accept and embrace science.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Christianity is so righteous

i.e. The Crusades
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:38 am

The crusades started because muslims conquered almost all of the middle east, including the holy land in palestine. The pope wanted freedom back for his people. Almost all of the crusades after that were done to help defend against the many muslim attacks. But you knew that.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:19 pm

You can’t argue that Christianity had a clean past though. Most (major) religions have had violent pasts, except for Buddhism....that I know of anyways.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 pm

HAHA that is hillarious that you honestly think that the Crusades were righteous.

I would love to hear you explain the Spanish Inquisition and the selling of indulgences. I assume there is a legitimate reason for that right?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:37 pm

hmmm well the selling of indulgences didn't really hurt anybody.. Rolling Eyes
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:24 pm

from what i know about the crusades, it was the christian's fault. i have trouble imagining how anyone would believe you should kill people in Christ's name. i know about all the OT wars, like Jericho, but that was in a different era.

that still doesn't compare to the muslim's jihad though. i went to a muslim temple once and a lady there said that those people just took a couple lines in the muslim holy book(forget the name) out of whack.
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by May As Well Run Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:05 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:from what i know about the crusades, it was the christian's fault. i have trouble imagining how anyone would believe you should kill people in Christ's name. i know about all the OT wars, like Jericho, but that was in a different era.

that still doesn't compare to the muslim's jihad though. i went to a muslim temple once and a lady there said that those people just took a couple lines in the muslim holy book(forget the name) out of whack.
    Islam is the way it is because it hasn't had a enlightenment period to clean it up like Christianity was forced into by the 18th century thinkers.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:39 pm

Post # 3000 on the Arguments board.

Anyway, um, god is great.

That's about all I'm contributing to these boards. Except for my absolute success that is the Evolution vs. Intelligent Design #2 thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 pm