Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
BagoXC25
May As Well Run
Adonai
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
funrunner
*sg*
Just Because
thelagwagon
Push Towards State
Running With Scissors
TnF_T
Trackaholic
mae2937
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
T B K
runner_dude
BA_Sadie.
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
Phuckduck
26 posters

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

runnr4life877
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 36 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by runnr4life877 Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:21 am

Hey everyone, just thought I'd drop by and share my thoughts.

I was brought up Christian, going to church every sunday and for holidays and all that jazz, though I didn't really think about religion.

After giving it some thought awhile ago, I decided that there is no god, no heaven, no hell. I guess I'm Atheist then?

I believe that all of us are just mammals, with a developed brain that allows us to do the things we do. See, think, all that stuff. We don't have a "spirit" that goes off to heaven or hell, it's just us and our brain. Once the brain stops working, we are nothing, we don't go anywhere. It's just like a never ending sleep. Yes, it's a grim thing to look forward to, but I don't mind it too much just as long as I feel that I live a fulfilling life, I don't mind never waking up when the time comes.

I believe that religion was created to give people explanations for things, and also to give people hope and not such grim outlooks on death. Give them hope for something after, and not just their life ending.

No one has to believe my thoughts, maybe I'm completely wrong Very Happy ! But this is what I believe and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

PS: I think Trackaholic is a little crazy Razz
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 36 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:18 am

I think...

we won.

evolution ftw
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:35 am

^ftmfw
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:37 am

I NEVER said I didn't believe in evolution, and if I did, quote it because I don't remember typing it. The closest I ever said to that was that downs syndrome isn't evolution lol.

And how did you win? You win when you prove how the proteins were originally made to evolve into us, versus us being created by God.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:10 am

SourWorms wrote:If you believe that evolution happened, why are you arguing against it then??

And also theistic evolution is a crock and basically contradicts itself. You have completely turned around what you believe in now
    How?
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 55

Post by May As Well Run Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:52 am

BagoXC25 wrote:I NEVER said I didn't believe in evolution, and if I did, quote it because I don't remember typing it. The closest I ever said to that was that downs syndrome isn't evolution lol.

And how did you win? You win when you prove how the proteins were originally made to evolve into us, versus us being created by God.
    Proteins were not made to evole into us. They just happened too.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:42 pm

May As Well Run wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:I NEVER said I didn't believe in evolution, and if I did, quote it because I don't remember typing it. The closest I ever said to that was that downs syndrome isn't evolution lol.

Proteins were not made to evole into us. They just happened too.

You missed the point. How did the proteins get there in the first place without God to make them?
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 pm

FK wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:If you believe that evolution happened, why are you arguing against it then??

And also theistic evolution is a crock and basically contradicts itself. You have completely turned around what you believe in now
    How?

Ya really. I just beleive that God created us and we have adapted and evolved since then. There is nothing contradictory about that.

What is contradictory is that evolution theory tries to explain how we came to be, but completely leaves out the most important part. THE BEGINNING.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:13 pm

The beginning of life? Amino acids are essential for life, and they have been recreated in laboratory settings with only the elements presumed present in the early stage of earth. read for yourself even though these people probably are all lying about their results Rolling Eyes

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/entries/do53am.html

i suggest you take biology and chemistry before arguing with people beyond your intellectual level
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:16 pm

funny, I was watching a thing about evolution today on pbs.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:17 pm

PBS must be corrupt too...
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:20 pm

eh I only watched the end of it, where they were talking about shrew monkeys?? yeah, I dont know, basically it was how they think monkeys evolved from rodents. I thought people already figured that one out?
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:03 pm

Stanley Miller didn't prove that complete proteins could be built though, only simple amino acids (which have been statistical proven that if there was an entire universe of amino acids, there is still almost 0% chance that it would form a single strand of protein). Not to mention that if life DID come to by that process, even if the world were 200 billion years old we still wouldn't have a single cell.

If Stanley Miller did actually prove that proteins could be created in that fashion, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:08 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:Stanley Miller didn't prove that complete proteins could be built though, only simple amino acids (which have been statistical proven that if there was an entire universe of amino acids, there is still almost 0% chance that it would form a single strand of protein). Not to mention that if life DID come to by that process, even if the world were 200 billion years old we still wouldn't have a single cell.

If Stanley Miller did actually prove that proteins could be created in that fashion, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now.

you do know that amino acids are proteins right? 10 are essential for life, and they were recreated in laboratory settings...
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:13 pm

No, amino acids ARE NOT the same as proteins. They must be assembled and paired in order to become a protein, and stanley miller couldn't do that. No person can. The analogy for this process goes something like: The chances of amino acids randomly assembling into a protein have the same chance as a boeing 747 being assembled by a tornado. Or if you want it mathematically, 1:10 ^40000.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:22 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:No, amino acids ARE NOT the same as proteins. They must be assembled and paired in order to become a protein, and stanley miller couldn't do that. No person can. The analogy for this process goes something like: The chances of amino acids randomly assembling into a protein have the same chance as a boeing 747 being assembled by a tornado. Or if you want it mathematically, 1:10 ^40000.

oh and where did you get this information?

and in case you didn't know, proteins are made of amino acids and hence RNA/DNA

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/A/AbioticSynthesis.html

read up and dispute it
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:50 pm

"A number of theories address each of these problems."

I stopped reading after this. All theories, nothing proven. And I learned about Miller and the analogy in my chem 2 class junior year.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Oh chem 2? take AP chem and come talk to me
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:26 pm

Maybe if my tiny school had it. I live in a town of 3,000 and my school has just over 550 people. The only AP classes we have are Calc and English, which I took both of this year. AP is just a label, my chem 2 class was an accelerated class that prepared us for every major topic gone over in a normal college class. We started with 10 people and ended up with 5. Not to mention I still got an A both semesters.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:32 am

BagoXC25 wrote:Maybe if my tiny school had it. I live in a town of 3,000 and my school has just over 550 people. The only AP classes we have are Calc and English, which I took both of this year. AP is just a label, my chem 2 class was an accelerated class that prepared us for every major topic gone over in a normal college class. We started with 10 people and ended up with 5. Not to mention I still got an A both semesters.

oh so you went to a hick school that no doubt taught intelligent design as preparedness for college
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:49 am

Sorry I'm not a spoiled brat from the O.C.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:07 am

BagoXC25 wrote:Sorry I'm not a spoiled brat from the O.C.

I am definitely not from the O.C. my friend
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Post by BagoXC25 Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Dude...after all of your bragging it's pretty easy to get a good estimate of what school you go to.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:10 pm

Still not the point of this thread. back on topic anyone? or let it die
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263

Post by Adonai Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:13 pm

It's over. Evolution wins. Intelligent design is retarded. The end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:42 pm