Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
BagoXC25
May As Well Run
Adonai
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
funrunner
*sg*
Just Because
thelagwagon
Push Towards State
Running With Scissors
TnF_T
Trackaholic
mae2937
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
T B K
runner_dude
BA_Sadie.
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
Phuckduck
26 posters

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 19 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Just Because wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:Just because, If you dont believe your beliefs or convictions are firm enough to withstand our debate, if you dont believe you have the intellect to counter our arguments, then fine, go do important things somewhere important.

I assure you that i have no problem keeping up to your level of intelligence. Just because I don't have the time to debate these issues in depth doesn't mean i don't have the capacity to do so. That being said, talk about something I deeply care about and you are sure to get quite a few more posts out of me. If not, then you will get a couple stating my opinion.
    if religion isn't important to you, what is?

Starving kids in Africa
    The Environment
    Animal Cruelty
    The importance of honesty and integrity in positions of power/Role Model figure
    Extremism

The only religion that i have issues with is Islam. The other major ones don't really matter to me.

OH CUT THE SANCTIMONIUS BULLSHIT JUST BECAUSE.
    IM SORRY, I DIDNT REALIZE YOU WERE SUCH A CHARITABLE, SACRAFICING, SELFLESS,ALL AROUND LOVABLE GUY WHO LIKES TO GO AROUND KISSING BABIES AND FEEDING THE POOR.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me CHRISTIAN missionaries having be doing more to stop all of those issues than your probably ever will in your life. Did you send a dollar to the Operation Smile Just Because? Did you get your little envelope with a picture of kid smiling after you sent it? Are you always the first one to put your loose change into the salvation army troops collection baskets?

I cant stand it when people try to pull the "I'm sorry I can't debate with you right now, im too busy crying over the poor starving children in africa!"

Only when you go out to fucking africa yourself, only when you spend a YEAR living with those children in the same smelly huts and eating the same shitty food and going through all the same shit they do, then will I take that kind crap from you. Better yet? become a missionary! go feed those children! go build homes for them! Check back with me after you do that, then maybe will I take my hat off to you.

We all feel for the starving kids in africa and the animals and the godamn enviroment, just because. your not a saint among heathens, dont act like it.

And in the end, religon (not neccesarily christianity) plays a huge factor in all those issues anyway, save maybe for the enviroment.

What are you talking about? When in my previous post did i ever say i deserved praise? sounded like you were sayingthat starving kids in africa are more important than this, so he said you're not doing anythig about it

I listed a few issues that i care about. Why the fuck do you have to be a little bitch about everything I say? You have no idea who I am you is a runner

, what I do you run

, etc.

If you want to play this little game then fine. Go blow up an abortion clinic. You don't want to? Then you don't give a shit. Spend a few years in Jail for your cause and then I will believe you to be more righteous you little piece of shit. because that's exactly the same as what he said

Till then..STFU
    [/b][b] and watch the language.

He was asking me to do something that is extreme and obviously impossible so I suggested that he do something that relates to his beliefs but to an extreme extent.

Running isn't my entire life

I am sorry for my language
    how is it impossible? i might go into the missionary business when i get older, it's not impossible.

and lol i was kidding about the running part.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 19 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:56 pm

missionary business is crap. why do you people insist on converting the world
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:57 pm

[quote="Just Because"]
    FK wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:Just because, If you dont believe your beliefs or convictions are firm enough to withstand our debate, if you dont believe you have the intellect to counter our arguments, then fine, go do important things somewhere important.

I assure you that i have no problem keeping up to your level of intelligence. Just because I don't have the time to debate these issues in depth doesn't mean i don't have the capacity to do so. That being said, talk about something I deeply care about and you are sure to get quite a few more posts out of me. If not, then you will get a couple stating my opinion.

Starving kids in Africa
    The Environment
    Animal Cruelty
    Extremism

The only religion that i have issues with is Islam. The other major ones don't really matter to me.

IM SORRY, I DIDNT REALIZE YOU WERE SUCH A CHARITABLE, SACRAFICING, SELFLESS,ALL AROUND LOVABLE GUY WHO LIKES TO GO AROUND KISSING BABIES AND FEEDING THE POOR.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me CHRISTIAN missionaries having be doing more to stop all of those issues than your probably ever will in your life. Did you send a dollar to the Operation Smile Just Because? Did you get your little envelope with a picture of kid smiling after you sent it? Are you always the first one to put your loose change into the salvation army troops collection baskets?

I cant stand it when people try to pull the "I'm sorry I can't debate with you right now, im too busy crying over the poor starving children in africa!"

Only when you go out to fucking africa yourself, only when you spend a YEAR living with those children in the same smelly huts and eating the same shitty food and going through all the same shit they do, then will I take that kind crap from you. Better yet? become a missionary! go feed those children! go build homes for them! Check back with me after you do that, then maybe will I take my hat off to you.

We all feel for the starving kids in africa and the animals and the godamn enviroment, just because. your not a saint among heathens, dont act like it.

And in the end, religon (not neccesarily christianity) plays a huge factor in all those issues anyway, save maybe for the enviroment.

What are you talking about? When in my previous post did i ever say i deserved praise? I listed a few issues that i care about. Why the fuck do you have to be a little bitch about everything I say? You have no idea who I am, what I do, etc.

If you want to play this little game then fine. Go blow up an abortion clinic. You don't want to? Then you don't give a shit. Spend a few years in Jail for your cause and then I will believe you to be more righteous you little piece of shit.

Till then..STFU
    You don't look like someone who would say that in real life.
    idk he seems like he could go crazy at any moment.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:58 pm

SourWorms wrote:missionary business is crap. why do you people insist on converting the world
    Can you think of something more admirable?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:58 pm

FK wrote:Tracko, those were great links.

not really, all but one was a religious based organization.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:58 pm

[quote="AudienceOfOne"]
    Just Because wrote:
    FK wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

Starving kids in Africa
    The Environment
    Animal Cruelty
    Extremism

What are you talking about? When in my previous post did i ever say i deserved praise? I listed a few issues that i care about. Why the fuck do you have to be a little bitch about everything I say? You have no idea who I am, what I do, etc.

If you want to play this little game then fine. Go blow up an abortion clinic. You don't want to? Then you don't give a shit. Spend a few years in Jail for your cause and then I will believe you to be more righteous you little piece of shit.

Till then..STFU
    Maybe he would think that in his head but he looks too shy to say that to anyone.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:58 pm

SourWorms wrote:missionary business is crap. why do you people insist on converting the world
    missions aren't like a jahovah's witnesses field trip. missionaries go to a lot of places throughout the world and help them. yes, the main point is still sharing the gospel but they are actually doing things to help these people.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:59 pm

FK wrote:

going to medical school and then devoting your life to helping dying children in Africa who have no other source of medical care.

Way more admirable than trying to convert people
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:59 pm

[quote="FK"]
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    FK wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

Starving kids in Africa
    The Environment
    Animal Cruelty
    Extremism

Till then..STFU
    Maybe he would think that in his head but he looks too shy to say that to anyone.

you can't tell all that by just a picture.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:00 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    FK wrote:

going to medical school and then devoting your life to helping dying children in Africa who have no other source of medical care.

Rolling Eyes

that's what a lot of missionaries do, in addition to sharing the Gospel.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:01 pm

FK wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    missionary business is crap. why do you people insist on converting the worldCan you think of something more admirable?

except for the fact that you are telling them about the gospel which if you accept it will give you eternal life in heaven
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:01 pm

SourWorms wrote:

Can you come up with a rebuttal to them? Until then they are good links.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:02 pm

mae2937 wrote:
    except for the fact that you are telling them about the gospel which if you accept it will give you eternal life in heaven
    Yeah. (insert Bible quote that refers to that but I can't remember the exact words here)
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:03 pm

mae2937 wrote:FK wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    missionary business is crap. why do you people insist on converting the worldCan you think of something more admirable?

and that does a whole lot of good for their intense pain and suffering on earth right?

so if you convert a starving, AIDS-ridden child, you still did nothing to help his hunger or his disease
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:05 pm

FK wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

How can I come up with a rebuttal to someone who thinks that a man in the sky created everything? There is no rebuttal that I haven't already said. The science has proven that there is a natural cause for everything, but some people still choose not to believe it.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:05 pm

FK wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:
    Yeah. (insert Bible quote that refers to that but I can't remember the exact words here)
    somethig along the lines of: What is the point of gaining the whole world and then losing your soul?
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FK wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:
    somethig along the lines of: What is the point of gaining the whole world and then losing your soul?
    It's like "those who are hungry will be fed."
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Why can't people accept that humans are organic beings, and when we die, we rot in the ground just like everything else on earth
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    FK wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

How can I come up with a rebuttal to someone who thinks that a man in the sky created everything? There is no rebuttal that I haven't already said. The science has proven that there is a natural cause for everything, but some people still choose not to believe it.
    uh huh. if there was serious proof against God, then half the Christians would go flocking to it.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    FK wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

I meant the fallacies in C-14 dating.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 pm

FK wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FK wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:
    In heaven, but what does that do for those kids who are dying terrible deaths on earth
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 422
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Trackaholic Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

Starving kids in Africa
    The Environment
    Animal Cruelty
    Extremism

Till then..STFU

Oh that makes sense, go blow up and kill people in abortion clinic because your opposed to killing people.

The whole point of my post was that YOU were insinuating that you were the "big man" concerned with "real" issues while everyone else here debating was wasting their time debating "trivial" issues.

Well I personally believe a persons faith, beliefs, and or convictions DEFINES them for who tehy are, and if a man won't fight for his faith, beliefs, and or convictions, what kind of person are they? A soulless, convictionless one that only concerns himself with universal beliefs (that starving children in africa is wrong, I am pretty sure EVERYONE agrees with that) but does not take the time to pursue personal beliefs(god, athiesm, etc).

EVERYONE HERE IS JUST AS CONCERNED WITH THOSE ISSUES AS YOU ARE JUST BECAUSE. Only, not everyone here uses those issues as an EXCUSE to not debate his beliefs like YOU do. You are using the premise of starving children in africa as the reason you are unable to debate your beliefs! What? does the idea that children are starving in africa make you so emotionally unstable that you cannot coherently debate with us?

Or are you simply TO GOOD to debate with us? because your all high and mighty and concerned about the enviroment.

cause thats how you came off.

You obviously do not care about your beliefs, ideals, convictions, and or faith enough to fight for them. so you try and use starving children in africa as an excuse not to. real nice.

your just a bloody coward is all.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 pm

SourWorms wrote:Why can't people accept that humans are organic beings, and when we die, we rot in the ground just like everything else on earth
    i agree.

the body dies. the soul doesn't.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:08 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:FK wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

and that does a whole lot of good for their intense pain and suffering on earth right?

so if you convert a starving, AIDS-ridden child, you still did nothing to help his hunger or his disease
    As Miler said, they usually do both. There's no sense in trying to convert someone if they die of starvation before you've talked for 5 minutes.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:08 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    FK wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FK wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:
    In heaven, but what does that do for those kids who are dying terrible deaths on earth
    that's what we gotta fix. but through it all, they can still come to God.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:49 am