Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
BagoXC25
May As Well Run
Adonai
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
funrunner
*sg*
Just Because
thelagwagon
Push Towards State
Running With Scissors
TnF_T
Trackaholic
mae2937
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
T B K
runner_dude
BA_Sadie.
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
Phuckduck
26 posters

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 11 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:56 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:Oh my geez, I can feel God, are you sure that is not the wind? Oh well I feel my Star Wars god walking right next to me, if you do not believe him you shall be subjected to Lightsaber stabbings.

If you scrutinize Christianity, it turns out to technically be something someone said for a theory that had holes. They probably said "Hmm who could make this happen"? Thus the idea of God comes up and you christians have been bullshitters for the past 2008 years.

if you want us to open our minds about what you guys are thinking you should open your minds about us..and making posts like that just makes everyone mad doesn't make a point at all.

I do open my mind. When it comes to spirituality, I'm right with you. But when it comes to worship bull shit, I'm not.
    want to know the meaning of life? it is to worship God, to seek His face, and to be like Him. Yahweh or no way.

i love that song (:
    what?

its a song too..by needtobreathe its called signature of the divine (Yahweh)
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design - Page 11 Empty Re: Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Post by Just Because Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Trackaholic wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    runner_dude wrote:The universe does not exist.

Bull shit.

This is why Christians get on my nerves. I have nothing against them and they are nice but when it comes to issues like this they can't keep it in their pants.

SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT!! Thank you!! This is why the abortion and this thread have gone on for 8+pages.

I think there should be a rule against making religious topics. There is evidence on both sides and no one is going to admit that he or she is wrong.

there is evidence on only one side, it is impossible for something to be both wrong and right at the same time. The problem is, there are punk kids like you who dont have the heart, gut, or conviction to step up and debate what you believe in. Instead, you squirrel in, say something, and then step out really quickly saying something stupid like "this is my final thought"

coward, if you truly believe you are right, you wont just sit by and let sourworms do all the debating, youll take a stand against me as well. But I dont think you have the guts or the brains to do so.

Rolling Eyes So i am going to waste all my time trying to convince some kid over the internet that he is wrong rather then just make a few posts to make my opinion known. Right...Thats a great use of my time
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Trackaholic wrote:Well actually I am of the belief that there is no scientific evidence against god, merely theory's. At the moment, all the science that conflicts with christian religon (such as evolution) is merely nothing more than a theory. While all the science that has been proven as a fact has not conflicted but in some cases favored it.

but yes +1, god is not limited by any laws or science. It made me laugh when people tried to apply the first law of thermodynamics to god.

Also, another thing that is a clue towards intelligent design. Ice.

Most things, when they freeze, get smaller and compress.

But when water freezes into ice it expands, making it float.

Why is this relevant?

because if water did not expand when it froze, and instead compressed, ice would sink instead of float.

And if the ice on a pond or lake froze and sank, all life below it would be crushed. Things would be catastrophic in the north pole.

Is it not kind of odd that ice was just "accidently" exempt from compression when it froze? It seems mor elike it was planned that way.
    i totally agree. if there was no God, we wouldn't be here. things just don't fall into place and stay that way.

it also makes me laugh when people try to explain Jesus walking on water by saying he was standing on ice. or when people try to make a big deal about finding remains of people with the name Jesus and his family(Jesus was a very common name back then, so were the names of the people in his family).
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 422
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Trackaholic Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:02 pm

Just because, If you dont believe your beliefs or convictions are firm enough to withstand our debate, if you dont believe you have the intellect to counter our arguments, then fine, go do important things somewhere important.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:03 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:Oh my geez, I can feel God, are you sure that is not the wind? Oh well I feel my Star Wars god walking right next to me, if you do not believe him you shall be subjected to Lightsaber stabbings.

If you scrutinize Christianity, it turns out to technically be something someone said for a theory that had holes. They probably said "Hmm who could make this happen"? Thus the idea of God comes up and you christians have been bullshitters for the past 2008 years.

if you want us to open our minds about what you guys are thinking you should open your minds about us..and making posts like that just makes everyone mad doesn't make a point at all.

I do open my mind. When it comes to spirituality, I'm right with you. But when it comes to worship bull shit, I'm not.
    want to know the meaning of life? it is to worship God, to seek His face, and to be like Him. Yahweh or no way.
    never heard it. christian song?

i love that song (:
    what?

you do know what Yahweh is, right?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Trackaholic wrote:Just because, If you dont believe your beliefs or convictions are firm enough to withstand our debate, if you dont believe you have the intellect to counter our arguments, then fine, go do important things somewhere important.
    +1, you also must think that they're not important enough to argue.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:07 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:

i love that song (:
    what?

lol yesss. and yesss.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:09 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:

i love that song (:
    what?

lol yesss. and yesss.
    lol ok. wow, long quote train.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:

i love that song (:
    what?

lol yesss. and yesss.
    lol ok. wow, long quote train.

haha we can beat the one in that thread. lol
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:16 pm

please dont hahah
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:18 pm

lol im done with that quote train now lol.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Just Because Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Trackaholic wrote:Just because, If you dont believe your beliefs or convictions are firm enough to withstand our debate, if you dont believe you have the intellect to counter our arguments, then fine, go do important things somewhere important.

I assure you that i have no problem keeping up to your level of intelligence. Just because I don't have the time to debate these issues in depth doesn't mean i don't have the capacity to do so. That being said, talk about something I deeply care about and you are sure to get quite a few more posts out of me. If not, then you will get a couple stating my opinion.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Just Because wrote:

I assure you that i have no problem keeping up to your level of intelligence. Just because I don't have the time to debate these issues in depth doesn't mean i don't have the capacity to do so. That being said, talk about something I deeply care about and you are sure to get quite a few more posts out of me. If not, then you will get a couple stating my opinion.
    if religion isn't important to you, what is?
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Just Because Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:35 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

Starving kids in Africa
    The Environment
    Animal Cruelty
    The importance of honesty and integrity in positions of power/Role Model figure
    Extremism

The only religion that i have issues with is Islam. The other major ones don't really matter to me.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by TnF_T Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:43 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FK wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:yes he is hes always been there and hes not a natural process like big bang is he doesn't have to have something create him.

Ok. Then I can say there is some running God up there, that's what your saying. Your saying that he is just "there" and that you don't need proof. I could essentially make up a religion just like christianity. All I would have to do is say there is some type of God up there and say if you don't believe him you'll go to hell therefore making everyone believe it.
    Proof? He sent his son to die for our sins out of love for us, what other proof do you need?
    we don't need to prove God to ourselves because we KNOW he's there. i can feel it.
    For some reason, that just made me laugh.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Just Because Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:45 pm

TnF_T wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FK wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:yes he is hes always been there and hes not a natural process like big bang is he doesn't have to have something create him.

Ok. Then I can say there is some running God up there, that's what your saying. Your saying that he is just "there" and that you don't need proof. I could essentially make up a religion just like christianity. All I would have to do is say there is some type of God up there and say if you don't believe him you'll go to hell therefore making everyone believe it.
    Proof? He sent his son to die for our sins out of love for us, what other proof do you need?
    we don't need to prove God to ourselves because we KNOW he's there. i can feel it.
    For some reason, that just made me laugh.

+1 That is my favourite excuse for when people don't have any hard evidence
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:19 pm

Just Because wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

Starving kids in Africa
    The Environment
    Animal Cruelty
    The importance of honesty and integrity in positions of power/Role Model figure
    Extremism

The only religion that i have issues with is Islam. The other major ones don't really matter to me.

OH CUT THE SANCTIMONIUS BULLSHIT JUST BECAUSE.
    IM SORRY, I DIDNT REALIZE YOU WERE SUCH A CHARITABLE, SACRAFICING, SELFLESS,ALL AROUND LOVABLE GUY WHO LIKES TO GO AROUND KISSING BABIES AND FEEDING THE POOR.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me CHRISTIAN missionaries having be doing more to stop all of those issues than your probably ever will in your life. Did you send a dollar to the Operation Smile Just Because? Did you get your little envelope with a picture of kid smiling after you sent it? Are you always the first one to put your loose change into the salvation army troops collection baskets?

I cant stand it when people try to pull the "I'm sorry I can't debate with you right now, im too busy crying over the poor starving children in africa!"

Only when you go out to fucking africa yourself, only when you spend a YEAR living with those children in the same smelly huts and eating the same shitty food and going through all the same shit they do, then will I take that kind crap from you. Better yet? become a missionary! go feed those children! go build homes for them! Check back with me after you do that, then maybe will I take my hat off to you.

We all feel for the starving kids in africa and the animals and the godamn enviroment, just because. your not a saint among heathens, dont act like it.

And in the end, religon (not neccesarily christianity) plays a huge factor in all those issues anyway, save maybe for the enviroment.
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:23 pm

I dont feel god, but I believe in him, I dont need to feel him, expierence him, or have any sort of momentous dreamlike revalations to be sure there is a god. I have faith he is there. If you can't understand that, then oh well, tough.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try

Post by TnF_T Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:01 am

he answered a question that someone asked. i'm not agreeing with him but just out of curiousity why do you give a fuck and throw a hissy fit.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:05 am

Trackaholic wrote:Well actually I am of the belief that there is no scientific evidence against god, merely theory's. At the moment, all the science that conflicts with christian religon (such as evolution) is merely nothing more than a theory. While all the science that has been proven as a fact has not conflicted but in some cases favored it.

but yes +1, god is not limited by any laws or science. It made me laugh when people tried to apply the first law of thermodynamics to god.

Why is this relevant?

because if water did not expand when it froze, and instead compressed, ice would sink instead of float.

And if the ice on a pond or lake froze and sank, all life below it would be crushed. Things would be catastrophic in the north pole.

Is it not kind of odd that ice was just "accidently" exempt from compression when it froze? It seems mor elike it was planned that way.

did you really just say that? and you said i had no knowledge of biology or chemistry? You sir, are a retard that cannot face scientific fact.

excerpt on why ice floats (hopefully you can understand this basic information):

A substance floats if it is less dense, or has less mass per unit volume, than other components in a mixture. For example, if you toss a handful of rocks into a bucket of water, the rocks, which are dense compared to the water, will sink. The water, which is less dense than the rocks, will float. Basically, the rocks push the water out of the way, or displace it. For an object to be able to float, it has to displace a weight of fluid equal to its own weight.

Water reaches its maximum density at 4°C (40°F). As it cools further and freezes into ice, it actually becomes less dense. On the other hand, most substances are most dense in their solid (frozen) state than in their liquid state. Water is different because of hydrogen bonding.

A water molecule is made from one oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms, strongly joined to each other with covalent bonds. Water molecules are also attracted to each other by weaker chemical bonds (hydrogen bonds) between the positively-charged hydrogen atoms and the negatively-charged oxygen atoms of neighboring water molecules. As water cools below 4°C, the hydrogen bonds adjust to hold the negatively charged oxygen atoms apart. This produces a crystal lattice, which is commonly known as 'ice'.

Ice floats because it is about 9% less dense than liquid water. In other words, ice takes up about 9% more space than water, so a liter of ice weighs less than a liter water. The heavier water displaces the lighter ice, so ice floats to the top. One consequence of this is that lakes and rivers freeze from top to bottom, allowing fish to survive even when the surface of a lake has frozen over. If ice sank, the water would be displaced to the top and exposed to the colder temperature, forcing rivers and lakes to fill with ice and freeze solid.

TLDR: Hydrogen bonding my friend, its simple chemistry
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:08 am

Trackaholic wrote:I dont feel god, but I believe in him, I dont need to feel him, expierence him, or have any sort of momentous dreamlike revalations to be sure there is a god. I have faith he is there. If you can't understand that, then oh well, tough.

if you were a good christian you would have capitalized god and all pronouns referring to him.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:09 am

but back to the original topic...

trackaholic, do you believe in evolution or that a god created man and the animals exactly as we see them today
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Post by TnF_T Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:11 am

SourWorms wrote:

Why is this relevant?

did you really just say that? and you said i had no knowledge of biology or chemistry? You sir, are a retard that cannot face scientific fact.

excerpt on why ice floats (hopefully you can understand this basic information):

A substance floats if it is less dense, or has less mass per unit volume, than other components in a mixture. For example, if you toss a handful of rocks into a bucket of water, the rocks, which are dense compared to the water, will sink. The water, which is less dense than the rocks, will float. Basically, the rocks push the water out of the way, or displace it. For an object to be able to float, it has to displace a weight of fluid equal to its own weight.

Water reaches its maximum density at 4°C (40°F). As it cools further and freezes into ice, it actually becomes less dense. On the other hand, most substances are most dense in their solid (frozen) state than in their liquid state. Water is different because of hydrogen bonding.

A water molecule is made from one oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms, strongly joined to each other with covalent bonds. Water molecules are also attracted to each other by weaker chemical bonds (hydrogen bonds) between the positively-charged hydrogen atoms and the negatively-charged oxygen atoms of neighboring water molecules. As water cools below 4°C, the hydrogen bonds adjust to hold the negatively charged oxygen atoms apart. This produces a crystal lattice, which is commonly known as 'ice'.

Ice floats because it is about 9% less dense than liquid water. In other words, ice takes up about 9% more space than water, so a liter of ice weighs less than a liter water. The heavier water displaces the lighter ice, so ice floats to the top. One consequence of this is that lakes and rivers freeze from top to bottom, allowing fish to survive even when the surface of a lake has frozen over. If ice sank, the water would be displaced to the top and exposed to the colder temperature, forcing rivers and lakes to fill with ice and freeze solid.

TLDR: Hydrogen bonding my friend, its simple chemistry
    God made it like that right?!?!

Last edited by TnF_T on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:12 am

of course. hydrogen bonding is not scientific, it is a religious phenomenom. its basically a sacrament
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:26 am

Dude, are you dense? Just because something is scientific doesnt mean god didnt have a hand in it! GOD CREATED SCIENCE, all the precious laws, all the physics and chemistry and biology and cosmology that you so dearly cling to was all ORCHESTRATED by god so that the universe could work!

God made a substance float if it is less dense, or has less mass per unit volume, than other components in a mixture. For example, if you toss a handful of rocks into a bucket of water, the rocks, which are dense compared to the water, will sink. The water, which is less dense than the rocks, will float. Basically, the rocks push the water out of the way, or displace it. For an object to be able to float, it has to displace a weight of fluid equal to its own weight.

Why do you think that is? Do you think ice has some kind of intellect of its own and it LEARNED how to expand so it could save the fishies? or is it more likely an intelligent being designed ice to work that way?

Same with the sun, it sits in a very, very slim margin. If it moves just a little this way, or a little that way, or earth would either be turned into a freezing rock or a worldwide desert with temperatures above 200 degrees fahreniet in the NORTH POLE.

Did the sun just go *boom* and land in that exact precise spot? The planets have not expanded further away or closer to the sun, so it was not a process of the earth slowly moving into the correct position over millions of years. No, the sun was RIGHT there, exactly where it needed to be.

what are the chances of that happening all by itself?

like 1 out of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:30 am