Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+15
eternally_running
Just Because
amherst_xc
XC_crazy
xotrackkgirl
P2
T B K
*sg*
Running With Scissors
Phuckduck
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
AudienceOfOne
Pinthin
ButterySmoothStride
19 posters

Religion is a neurosis

AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Religion is a neurosis - Page 6 Empty Re: Religion is a neurosis

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:06 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:You guys should date :/

You should break 5
    You guys should DEFINITELY date.
    lol
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ButterySmoothStride Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:23 pm

*sg* wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:ending the quote train...

but how does that make einstein ignorant? there were no facts that suggested a god to him, and thus he did not believe it
    and that's what makes him ignorant, he couldn't see or believe anything past the science.

how does that make him ignorant? i would call the people who do not believe in evolution ignorant because they will not accept science right before their eyes. but einstein never saw any proof of god or a reason for a god, so that sounds more analytical than ignorant to me.
    again, science does not prove evolution. if you can't see past what we know as humans then you're ignorant because we obviously don't know everything, we're not even remotely close to knowing everything.

actually, +1. evolution is a theory. It isn't proved. It's just the most logical explanation given the observations that have been made. and +1 about the ignorance part. I think the problem is that people aren't willing to accept the fact that they don't know for sure, and may never know.

to be honest evolution is not a theory. ievolution is the fact that gene pools change over time, which they do. we can put bacteria in a petri dish and watch them evolve, thus proving that evolution exists. I'm serious, we can prove evolution exists easily. It's called "Darwin's Theory of Evolution" because he tries to define the mechanisms which drive evolution. he proposed "natural selection." natural selection is a theory(for all we know it's God behind it all, or the boogey man, or maybe it's magic), but evolution itself is a fact, gene pools are constantly changing.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:46 pm

RawBeginner wrote:
    *sg* wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

but how does that make einstein ignorant? there were no facts that suggested a god to him, and thus he did not believe it
    and that's what makes him ignorant, he couldn't see or believe anything past the science.

how does that make him ignorant? i would call the people who do not believe in evolution ignorant because they will not accept science right before their eyes. but einstein never saw any proof of god or a reason for a god, so that sounds more analytical than ignorant to me.
    again, science does not prove evolution. if you can't see past what we know as humans then you're ignorant because we obviously don't know everything, we're not even remotely close to knowing everything.

actually, +1. evolution is a theory. It isn't proved. It's just the most logical explanation given the observations that have been made. and +1 about the ignorance part. I think the problem is that people aren't willing to accept the fact that they don't know for sure, and may never know.

to be honest evolution is not a theory. ievolution is the fact that gene pools change over time, which they do. we can put bacteria in a petri dish and watch them evolve, thus proving that evolution exists. I'm serious, we can prove evolution exists easily. It's called "Darwin's Theory of Evolution" because he tries to define the mechanisms which drive evolution. he proposed "natural selection." natural selection is a theory(for all we know it's God behind it all, or the boogey man, or maybe it's magic), but evolution itself is a fact, gene pools are constantly changing.

amen
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:57 pm

RawBeginner wrote:
    *sg* wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

How many times does this need to be said?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:15 pm