Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+15
eternally_running
Just Because
amherst_xc
XC_crazy
xotrackkgirl
P2
T B K
*sg*
Running With Scissors
Phuckduck
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
AudienceOfOne
Pinthin
ButterySmoothStride
19 posters

Religion is a neurosis

P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Religion is a neurosis - Page 5 Empty Re: Religion is a neurosis

Post by P2 Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:27 am

Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:GOD's word is obvious, I've considered science and other theories. But most of them are just that. THEORIES. Pinthin didn't those videos just prove you wrong? The big bang can't just happen. It can't be something just there. Time is finite, so how can some dot in the sky be infinite. All matter is created from existing matter. Science clearly contradicts itself. Some force out of this dimension would have to have created the universe. The Bible never says it didnt use the big bang to do it. Most of the Bible is symbolism so Genesis could mean the big bang technically if that helps you accept it. Even though I personally dont think that is true.

no!!! those videos were crappy!! (no offense)

They werent even real scientists, they proved nothing. Not to mention all they did was call all non-christians idiots.

so please dont bring those up again..lol
    however, the one that disproved the big bang was very informative and nobody can refute that.

the link didnt work Rolling Eyes

lol
    this is the one:
    XC_crazy
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 820
    Mile Time : 5:44
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:32
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by XC_crazy Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:28 am

Pinthin wrote:
    runnergirl93 wrote:okay everythings cleared up. as for the big bang theory thats about 6 hours of my life i will never get back from watching the history/discovery channel.haha.

OH NO you learned something new Rolling Eyes

This is what I HATE and why my stupid ( “honor” ) biology class got nothing done. All the Christians were being stupid and arguing about evolution. There is nothing wrong with learning about other peoples theories (not too mention the theory that is the MOST accepted Wink

I have no problem going to a church and listening to a sermon with my pals. I think its interesting and I like to know what others think so I can learn more about their religion. But does it go the other way?? nooooooo Crying or Very sad

I completely agree on learning other theories. One of my friends thinks listening to other theories is stupid and when we do she'll just say afterward that it's completely untrue. I don't think there's anything wrong with learning about different views on the subject. Just because I learn it doesn't mean I believe it.
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1567
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal

Post by whenhen Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:39 am

P2 wrote:GOD's word is obvious, I've considered science and other theories. But most of them are just that. THEORIES. Pinthin didn't those videos just prove you wrong? The big bang can't just happen. It can't be something just there. Time is finite, so how can some dot in the sky be infinite. All matter is created from existing matter. Science clearly contradicts itself. Some force out of this dimension would have to have created the universe.
    If you look up the definition of a theory in a science textbook, a theory is a "a
    well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world",
    which means it is extremely well supported by years of research. A theory is actually a compliment in the world of science. According to a controversial hypothesis of time, it doesn't exist, it was created in the big bang.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:44 am

whenhen wrote:
    P2 wrote:GOD's word is obvious, I've considered science and other theories. But most of them are just that. THEORIES. Pinthin didn't those videos just prove you wrong? The big bang can't just happen. It can't be something just there. Time is finite, so how can some dot in the sky be infinite. All matter is created from existing matter. Science clearly contradicts itself. Some force out of this dimension would have to have created the universe.
    According to a controversial hypothesis of time, it doesn't exist, it was created in the big bang.
    That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:46 am

'nother video.

WATCH THE WHOLE THING AND TELL ME IF ITS RIGHT! Nobody has replied to these arguments. This video makes it obvious once again.
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Post by whenhen Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:49 am

P2 wrote:
    whenhen wrote:
    According to a controversial hypothesis of time, it doesn't exist, it was created in the big bang.
    Why is it retarded? Time is merely the fourth dimension. I really don't understand the theory, being that it is super complicated physics, but if you Google scientific American time, the first result should lead you to the relevant information.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:50 am

This is the last video I have. Its about 10 minutes but just watch it.
    After this chances are you wont be Atheist (thats the title, not directed towards you cause i know you guys arent atheists just not Christian):

PLEASE WATCH!!
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:51 am

whenhen wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    whenhen wrote:
    Why is it retarded? Time is merely the fourth dimension. I really don't understand the theory, being that it is super complicated physics, but if you Google scientific American time, the first result should lead you to the relevant information.
    Because if the big bang was real, it was an action. An action cannot happen without time.
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Post by whenhen Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:58 am

I have no idea how it happened, I'm only a teenager, not a Nobel prize winning cosmologist, but the big bang encompassed 4 dimensions according to Michio Kaku's M-Theory.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:13 am

it wouldnt be able to exist in the first place without time. an atom cant just be there and THEN encompass 4 d's and explode. it wouldve had to exist in the first place which it cant without time.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:34 am

[quote="P2"]
    SourWorms wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    P2 wrote:no. hes not. the word is enough evidence for me. have you ever considered that the dead sea scrolls were written during the period of Jesus.

The dead sea scrolls were written before 100 C.E. which very much suggests that they were written around the same time period that a man, with a name loosely translated into English meaning Jesus, was executed under the Emperor Tiberius by a man named Pontius Pilate. While this may be true, "Jesus" was one of many men executed on a particular day at the common crucifixion spot in the province of Iudea.

Unfortunately, the dead sea scrolls nor the bible give any enlightenment into the divinity of Jesus or existence of God with any proof past pure speculation and theory
    This may be true, but do you think they wrote this based on some loony by the name Jesus who claimed to be the son of GOD? No. There were books of the Bible in the scrolls providing evidence that this is true and there is evidence right now further suggesting that this is true. They wouldnt write this based on a single man with exaggerated claims.

and yet you believe this to be true of mohammed

let me be quite honest, you will not win this argument. I guarantee i know more about your own religion than you do and more about science than you do.

my comment about mohammed is relating to the Qur'an, or the islamic holy book. They believe mohammed to be the savior sent down by the god of abraham and yet you believe him to be a loony. A little hypocritical if you ask me...

explain that please
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ButterySmoothStride Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:32 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote: It is a response to deep emotional conflicts and weaknesses.

Did you ever think for just a second that you're the weak minded one, because you can't seem to grasp anything that can't be proven to you?

To believe in something, you have to believe it to be true and the only way to believe it to be true is to prove that it exists.
    we know God exists.

but btw, faith is when you believe in something even if you can't see it.
    "The word god is for me nothing more
    than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a
    collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are
    nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle
    can (for me) change this."

Do you think you understand the universe better than Albert Einstein did?
    If He was ignorant enough to say that, then, yes I must know more about the universe than he did.

Einstein devoted many years of his life to the study of the universe. He came as close as anyone to fully understanding its workings. you should read some of the things he discovered, they are a lot crazier than you might expect.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 pm

SourWorms wrote:ending the quote train...

but how does that make einstein ignorant? there were no facts that suggested a god to him, and thus he did not believe it
    and that's what makes him ignorant, he couldn't see or believe anything past the science.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Once again p2 those videos were just some random guys opinions He had 0 proof . sooo Those prove nothing!! your not representin well. and what whenwhen said isnt retarded btw.

and one little youtube video by some random guy isn't going to make me a Christian. I admire your determination to desperately "save me" buut this is the very reason why I can’t stand your religion =]

Maybe sourworms could watch them and critique them...and make it sound intelligent so you could understand better. I'm not good at explaining things.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:19 pm

Pinthin wrote:Once again p2 those videos were just some random guys opinions He had 0 proof . sooo Those prove nothing!! your not representin well. and what whenwhen said isnt retarded btw.

and one little youtube video by some random guy isn't going to make me a Christian. I admire your determination to desperately "save me" buut this is the very reason why I can’t stand your religion =]

Maybe sourworms could watch them and critique them...and make it sound intelligent so you could understand better. I'm not good at explaining things.
    i think both sides need to face that:

there in no end-all proof for either side.

not too many people are budging in they're opinions, but it does give them something to think about.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:50 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:

but how does that make einstein ignorant? there were no facts that suggested a god to him, and thus he did not believe it
    and that's what makes him ignorant, he couldn't see or believe anything past the science.

how does that make him ignorant? i would call the people who do not believe in evolution ignorant because they will not accept science right before their eyes. but einstein never saw any proof of god or a reason for a god, so that sounds more analytical than ignorant to me.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:55 pm

P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:GOD's word is obvious, I've considered science and other theories. But most of them are just that. THEORIES. Pinthin didn't those videos just prove you wrong? The big bang can't just happen. It can't be something just there. Time is finite, so how can some dot in the sky be infinite. All matter is created from existing matter. Science clearly contradicts itself. Some force out of this dimension would have to have created the universe. The Bible never says it didnt use the big bang to do it. Most of the Bible is symbolism so Genesis could mean the big bang technically if that helps you accept it. Even though I personally dont think that is true.

They werent even real scientists, they proved nothing. Not to mention all they did was call all non-christians idiots.

however, the one that disproved the big bang was very informative and nobody can refute that.

lol
    this is the one:

that was simply retarded. they are skewing the facts. time is a man created system in order to find the hours that have passed since they can remember. time is relative of course and is simply a measurement. science states that matter is eternal but time is not necessarilly because it is a measurement between two points. this means that given a number such as 4.5 billion years to where we can estimate the big bang, to now is a measured time of 4.5 billion years. the matter before that still existed eternally and has and always will be there simply changing state.

1 down
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:32 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

how does that make him ignorant? i would call the people who do not believe in evolution ignorant because they will not accept science right before their eyes. but einstein never saw any proof of god or a reason for a god, so that sounds more analytical than ignorant to me.
    again, science does not prove evolution. if you can't see past what we know as humans then you're ignorant because we obviously don't know everything, we're not even remotely close to knowing everything.
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ButterySmoothStride Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:18 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

lol
    this is the one:

that was simply retarded. they are skewing the facts. time is a man created system in order to find the hours that have passed since they can remember. time is relative of course and is simply a measurement. science states that matter is eternal but time is not necessarilly because it is a measurement between two points. this means that given a number such as 4.5 billion years to where we can estimate the big bang, to now is a measured time of 4.5 billion years. the matter before that still existed eternally and has and always will be there simply changing state.

1 down

You say that you know so much about science, and yet you write this? Time is very much a real thing. Einstein wrote of the space-time fabric that composes the universe. Time can be manipulated. For example, if I traveled at the speed of light, I would not age. I would live forever, because time would stop. This has been documented when astronauts went to space. Because they were moving faster while in the shuttle, they aged more slowly. If I traveled at half the speed of light, I would age twice as slowly. This is all true, and yet you say time is a man-created system? Time is an integral part of the universe, fool.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm

RawBeginner wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

lol
    this is the one:

1 down

You say that you know so much about science, and yet you write this? Time is very much a real thing. Einstein wrote of the space-time fabric that composes the universe. Time can be manipulated. For example, if I traveled at the speed of light, I would not age. I would live forever, because time would stop. This has been documented when astronauts went to space. Because they were moving faster while in the shuttle, they aged more slowly. If I traveled at half the speed of light, I would age twice as slowly. This is all true, and yet you say time is a man-created system? Time is an integral part of the universe, fool.

time is relative as i said, which is one of einstein's principle theories. do not try to contradict me before you know what you are talking about. time can be manipulated because it is not constant and relative. constant time is a man thought concept just like god.
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ButterySmoothStride Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:50 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

lol
    this is the one:

1 down

time is relative as i said, which is one of einstein's principle theories. do not try to contradict me before you know what you are talking about. time can be manipulated because it is not constant and relative. constant time is a man thought concept just like god.

yes time is relative but you overstated your point. you made it sound like time is just a human intellectual construct. the fact that it can be manipulated shows that it exists, and it would be part of the universe whether humans thought of it or not.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:54 pm

You guys should date :/
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ButterySmoothStride Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:55 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:You guys should date :/

You should break 5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:00 am

RawBeginner wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:You guys should date :/

You should break 5
    You guys should DEFINITELY date.
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 358
    Registration date : 2008-06-27

Post by *sg* Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:06 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

again, science does not prove evolution. if you can't see past what we know as humans then you're ignorant because we obviously don't know everything, we're not even remotely close to knowing everything.

actually, +1. evolution is a theory. It isn't proved. It's just the most logical explanation given the observations that have been made. and +1 about the ignorance part. I think the problem is that people aren't willing to accept the fact that they don't know for sure, and may never know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:47 am