Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+24
mae2937
*sg*
amherst_xc
silly runner:)
TnF_T
RUNxxWILD07
BA_Sadie.
Running With Scissors
BagoXC25
runnergirl93
ButterySmoothStride
hannah
T B K
NotChangingUntilSub5
Through_the_Pain
ILOVEBRIE101
Pinthin
FinishingKick
futureNIKErunner
eternally_running
Just Because
runner4life92
baby got track
hxc
28 posters

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it)

BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 6 Empty Re: Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it)

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:12 pm

Heel runner: Alberto Salazar. It doesn't always matter how you run, it's what is most comfortable for you. There are certain things you can change though, like stride length, and arm swing, but things like overpronating, underpronating, heel strike and toe strike really shouldn't be messed with.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 6 Empty Re: Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it)

Post by hxc Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:35 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Through_the_Pain wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Through_the_Pain wrote:im very impressionable
    I did a barefoot run 4 20mins today.I listen because im desperate 4 advice on stepping lightly and improving my form.

however RW said we should land on the midsole and roll off the balls of ur feet but this guy says to land on ur heel and push of the balls of ur feet.
    what a retard. find one good runner in a 10k and below that uses their heel....

im sorry for being a retard i dont know that much about track so im trying to learn.I havent even been running a full year yet.Im just trying to pick things up
    i was calling the quack that wrote this suff a retard, not you.

Why do you think this guy's such a quack?
    Through_the_Pain
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Mile Time : ???
    Class : 2010

Post by Through_the_Pain Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:26 am

ok im sorry i misunderstood.

On Barefoot Running:
    I have tried it and it feels really good on the wet grass on mornings.I havent had any accidents or injuries with it yet. I think it has actually helped because after I did it I wasn't stepping hard when I ran, in fact I was moving quite silently.However Im not sure if I was moving any slowet or faster.Im not sure if me stepping lighter is a mental thing; meaning im only running better because i think barefoot running wil help. kinda like a placebo (sp?).
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:45 pm

Through_the_Pain wrote:ok im sorry i misunderstood.

On Barefoot Running:
    I have tried it and it feels really good on the wet grass on mornings.I havent had any accidents or injuries with it yet. I think it has actually helped because after I did it I wasn't stepping hard when I ran, in fact I was moving quite silently.However Im not sure if I was moving any slowet or faster.Im not sure if me stepping lighter is a mental thing; meaning im only running better because i think barefoot running wil help. kinda like a placebo (sp?).

It might be acting like a placebo right now, but if you ease into it slow enough without getting hurt, over time your foot muscles will become much stronger and you'll be able to run much more efficiently.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:46 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:Heel runner: Alberto Salazar. It doesn't always matter how you run, it's what is most comfortable for you. There are certain things you can change though, like stride length, and arm swing, but things like overpronating, underpronating, heel strike and toe strike really shouldn't be messed with.
    wasn't he injury-prone?
    runnin93
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by runnin93 Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:20 pm

If you don't want to do a real run barefoot, you can always try barefoot striders after a run. I tried the striders barefoot today, and I felt it loosened up my legs a little more and it was actually pretty fun.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:50 pm

runnin93 wrote:If you don't want to do a real run barefoot, you can always try barefoot striders after a run. I tried the striders barefoot today, and I felt it loosened up my legs a little more and it was actually pretty fun.

Running for like a minute total barefoot? That won't do much....
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:51 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:Heel runner: Alberto Salazar. It doesn't always matter how you run, it's what is most comfortable for you. There are certain things you can change though, like stride length, and arm swing, but things like overpronating, underpronating, heel strike and toe strike really shouldn't be messed with.

Overpronating and everything else lead to injury if they aren't fixed early on.
    Through_the_Pain
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Through_the_Pain Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:56 pm

When was doing barefoot strides ppl were giving me looks.It was like look at that weird black guy running with no shoes, hes probably African or something. A dog almost tooo my shoes.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:19 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:if you guys are actually doing this, you're fools. why would we "chang our whole mindset of running" and our training schedules because on guy told you to? everybody's different, just because it worked for the people he knew, doesn't mean it'll work for you.

it didn't even work for the people he knows. his son runs 100+ aerobic miles a week and I don't think he can even break 10 in the 3200.

He runs a sub 15 5000 but can't run a sub 10 3200? That's pretty weird.

Just wanna point this out for people who didn't look at the last page.
    Through_the_Pain
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Through_the_Pain Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:27 am

now it seems im injured. on the back of my right leg under the thigh hurts if i try to run.o well cant run untill sunday

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:37 am