Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+14
xc_babe09
Running With Scissors
xotrackkgirl
amherst_xc
FinishingKick
Just Because
T B K
Kugar
eternally_running
Pinthin
whenhen
CT Track
AudienceOfOne
BA_Sadie.
18 posters

Mccain

xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Mccain - Page 3 Empty Re: Mccain

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:58 am

i agree whenhen. i dont think she is honestly that confident in obama.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:59 am

whenhen wrote:Hilary doesn't want to look bad by not supporting Obama. Remember, she's in debt from her campaign, Obama helped her pay it off, and as such he expects something in return. If you watched her endorsement during the DNC, she looked like she knew she was BSing
    Hilary is a feminist anyway, if you follow her to the Palin side you are still wrong because you're voting on gender alone.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:59 am

xc_babe09 wrote:i agree whenhen. i dont think she is honestly that confident in obama.
    Lol who would be?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010

Post by Pinthin Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:59 am

its politics, it doesn't have to be meaningful. Neutral
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:00 am

xc_babe09 wrote:im neither. i dont like obama because he has supported live birth abortions. before i knew that i could have tolerated maybe voting his direction but absolutely not now. and once again i know im flipflopping and it honestly doesnt bother me.
    Hilary also supports abortion, if that is your most important issue (and I would understand because it's one of mine), then you should've been on the Rep side from the beginning! Unless you care more about having a woman president than saving lives. Suspect
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:01 am

a lot of young people in america. Rolling Eyes and i think they honestly shouldnt be to jazzed with him. hes too inexperienced. and i fear for our country if he wins.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:03 am

I fear for our country if another bush-alike comes in. Juss sayin'
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:06 am

FinishingKick wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:im neither. i dont like obama because he has supported live birth abortions. before i knew that i could have tolerated maybe voting his direction but absolutely not now. and once again i know im flipflopping and it honestly doesnt bother me.
    Hilary also supports abortion, if that is your most important issue (and I would understand because it's one of mine), then you should've been on the Rep side from the beginning! Unless you care more about having a woman president than saving lives. Suspect

i know she supports abortion and as much as i disapprove and i do, she would be a better choice than mccain atleast in my opinion. the difference is obama has supported a live birth abortion not just an abortion. that is too too much. and as much as im against abortion, i honestly could have lived with hilary being the president. if obama gets president it willbe like the chinese government on the baby issue. its ok kill them they dont really matter their only a baby.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:06 am

Pinthin wrote:I fear for our country if another bush-alike comes in. Juss sayin'

i agree with that too. it worries me either way. i dont think either choice is good for this country.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:08 am

not really live birth, its like trimester 3 abortion, but yeah Its still wrong, That I do agree with and dislike mucho.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:09 am

Pinthin wrote:I fear for our country if another bush-alike comes in. Juss sayin'
    We're not in too bad of a position right now. The war will not last forever, and far more Americans are killed in abortion each year than in service in Iraq since the beginning of the war. the economy is always going up and down, we can deal with that too. Besides, with Obama's foreign policy experience, we could easily wind up in other conflicts.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:11 am

xc_babe09 wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:

i know she supports abortion and as much as i disapprove and i do, she would be a better choice than mccain atleast in my opinion. the difference is obama has supported a live birth abortion not just an abortion. that is too too much. and as much as im against abortion, i honestly could have lived with hilary being the president. if obama gets president it willbe like the chinese government on the baby issue. its ok kill them they dont really matter their only a baby.
    If it matters that much to you you shouldn't like Hilary either. All it means is that with Hilary you have to dispose of that troublesome fetus faster. Big deal.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:15 am

FinishingKick wrote:
    We're not in too bad of a position right now. The war will not last forever, and far more Americans are killed in abortion each year than in service in Iraq since the beginning of the war. the economy is always going up and down, we can deal with that too. Besides, with Obama's foreign policy experience, we could easily wind up in other conflicts.

I know it always goes up and down, but this war is just screwing us up. I agreed with it at first but now its just like really?? And most of those abortions I wouldn't even count as humans yet, You would have to seperate those numbers.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:18 am

yes i know that, what im saying even with that i think she would be better over mccain or obama.

and as for my feelings about abortion, i am against it, but if it is necessary or a woman was raped then i would be ok with that even tho it does still bother. my big problem with abortion is that many people that have them are young and just were stupid and had sex not caring about the consequences and dont care that they have a human inside them, its that unimportant to them they arent even mature enough to think about carrying the baby and letting someone who would love to have a child but cant have their child.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:19 am

Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:

I know it always goes up and down, but this war is just screwing us up. I agreed with it at first but now its just like really?? And most of those abortions I wouldn't even count as humans yet, You would have to seperate those numbers.
    The war will end one day, it won't go on forever. We've done this much work we might as well close the box, tie the string, and put the bow on instead of letting the box fall open and everything scatter onto the floor.

and how can you possibly say that life begins sometime in the middle of the pregnancy? Your features and attitude were determined partially (nurture plays a role too but that is ongoing and you can't put a specific time on that) at conception, not at week 3, day 6, hour 5, and 57.894434 seconds.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:21 am

I dont agree with abortions after 2 months I think..?? maybe its less then that..Basically what Obama wants which is like 3rd trimester abortions which are totally not cool.

But its those who know they are pregnant but get an abortion when the baby is actually somewhat developed (not a little grain of rice) thats what is wrong and lazy if you think about it.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:21 am

xc_babe09 wrote:yes i know that, what im saying even with that i think she would be better over mccain or obama.

and as for my feelings about abortion, i am against it, but if it is necessary or a woman was raped then i would be ok with that even tho it does still bother. my big problem with abortion is that many people that have them are young and just were stupid and had sex not caring about the consequences and dont care that they have a human inside them, its that unimportant to them they arent even mature enough to think about carrying the baby and letting someone who would love to have a child but cant have their child.
    1) What makes Clinton better? Name one reason other than the fact that she's a woman.

2) Your stance on abortion is a conservative one, not that of a liberal. Hilary would not agree.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:23 am

Pinthin wrote:I dont agree with abortions after 2 months I think..?? maybe its less then that..Basically what Obama wants which is like 3rd trimester abortions which are totally not cool.

But its those who know they are pregnant but get an abortion when the baby is actually somewhat developed (not a little grain of rice) thats what is wrong and lazy if you think about it.
    Did you read my post? The only way to universally label the beginning of life is at conception. At every other time in our lives we are changing, it's impossible to say we are all the same after 2 weeks, 9 months, or 21 years. Conception is the only sudden change and therefore makes the most sense.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:30 am

FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:

The war will end one day, it won't go on forever. We've done this much work we might as well close the box, tie the string, and put the bow on instead of letting the box fall open and everything scatter onto the floor.

and how can you possibly say that life begins sometime in the middle of the pregnancy? Your features and attitude were determined partially (nurture plays a role too but that is ongoing and you can't put a specific time on that) at conception, not at week 3, day 6, hour 5, and 57.894434 seconds.

okay week 3 you dont have a brain a heart or anything, you are a clump of cells floating around. I dont count that as a baby yet no. Its life yeah, but so is that paramecium I squished in biology.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:33 am

We need population control somehow. Fuck Go Green, Go Save Space for everyone else. If we're going to end up losing more land space and keep multiplying everyday...well I sure as hell don't wanna be able to smell my neighbor from how close we're living to each other.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:34 am

Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:

okay week 3 you dont have a brain a heart or anything, you are a clump of cells floating around. I dont count that as a baby yet no. Its life yeah, but so is that paramecium I squished in biology.
    but it has human genetics. And you can;t slap a label onto when the baby gets a brain or a heart because it doesn't all happen at one universal moment for everyone, UNLIKE CONCEPTION.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:36 am

CT Track wrote:We need population control somehow. Fuck Go Green, Go Save Space for everyone else. If we're going to end up losing more land space and keep multiplying everyday...well I sure as hell don't wanna be able to smell my neighbor from how close we're living to each other.
    We're so far over the carrying capacity right now that we're already doomed for a mass population decrease. Not going green only reduces the carrying capacity of humans on earth and therefore increases the toll a future generation will pay later on, so technically you're not being humane.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:42 am

Yea idc, it's not going to affect me either way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:56 am