Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+14
xc_babe09
Running With Scissors
xotrackkgirl
amherst_xc
FinishingKick
Just Because
T B K
Kugar
eternally_running
Pinthin
whenhen
CT Track
AudienceOfOne
BA_Sadie.
18 posters

Mccain

Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Mccain - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccain

Post by Pinthin Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:55 pm

T B K wrote:Palin is a *****.

I think its funny how she said in an interview [before she was chosen] She would rather do something productive and doesn't even know what the VP does..haha

I'll try to find the link of the video.
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Pinthin wrote:I was waiting for someone to make this thread..lol

I do, I think he has to do something equally "odd", new, different as obama. And he needs to be as different from bush as he possibly can, picking another pasty old white guy wouldn't be that great of a choice.

I dont think she was the best choice though, if your going with woman I would have gone for condoleeza or something.

Ms. Rice is far too representative of the old guard. He needs to separate himself from Bush.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:23 pm

runner_dude wrote:

I do, I think he has to do something equally "odd", new, different as obama. And he needs to be as different from bush as he possibly can, picking another pasty old white guy wouldn't be that great of a choice.

I dont think she was the best choice though, if your going with woman I would have gone for condoleeza or something.

Ms. Rice is far too representative of the old guard. He needs to separate himself from Bush.

Good point..thats what I said ^^ lol, but I didn't think of that.I was just using her as an example, She would be a much better choice because she has far more experience and she is well liked (well I like her).
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:28 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    runner_dude wrote:

Good point..thats what I said ^^ lol, but I didn't think of that.I was just using her as an example, She would be a much better choice because she has far more experience and she is well liked (well I like her).

She scares me. Then again, just about anybody who is in control of a country whose military could obliterate the entire planet scares me.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:32 pm

That would explain why China and freaks me out. Actually the whole middle east in general freaks me out too.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BagoXC25 Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:02 am

First off, would you rather have an "inexperienced" vice president, or a REALLY inexperienced president?

Second, I use the quotations because at least Palin was a governor, whereas Obama was just sitting in the senate doing a lot of nothing. I'm from Illinois, and he never did anything that affected me.

Third: Palin = 92% approval rating. Not bad, eh?

Fourth (I have a feeling this might get pretty high...), Palin is not JUST a woman, but she is a motivated politician who isn't just getting into this for fame and fortune. Her speach was the best I've heard in awhile.

Fifth, she is a woman. She'll get the majority of Hilary's votes

Sixth, Biden is just another rich politician who has the same credentials as every other rich white boy who graduated from and ivy league school. Change?

Seventh (and last), Palin clinched the deal for me. I wasn't going to decide until I saw who the running mates were.
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1567
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by whenhen Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:06 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:First off, would you rather have an "inexperienced" vice president, or a REALLY inexperienced president?

Second, I use the quotations because at least Palin was a governor, whereas Obama was just sitting in the senate doing a lot of nothing. I'm from Illinois, and he never did anything that affected me.

Fourth (I have a feeling this might get pretty high...), Palin is not JUST a woman, but she is a motivated politician who isn't just getting into this for fame and fortune. Her speach was the best I've heard in awhile.

Sixth, Biden is just another rich politician who has the same credentials as every other rich white boy who graduated from and ivy league school. Change?

Seventh (and last), Palin clinched the deal for me. I wasn't going to decide until I saw who the running mates were.
    1: There is a chance McCain would die in office. Then we'd be left with a really inexperienced president.
    2: Right about that one, except she was governor for two years.
    3: In a state with 500,000 people.
    4: I agree with you there, but remember that behind every good speech there are professional writers
    5: Women aren't that stupid. She's ultra conservative, not middle of the road moderate like Clinton was. I'd be surprised if 20% of undecided Clinton supporters voted for McCain because of Palin
    6: Biden has experience. He's an expert on foreign policy, something we clearly need.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:51 pm

^^ Actually there is a higher chance Obama would die (I think) because I think he could get assassinated for being black and people thinking he is muslim...which he ISNT

And yeah being gov of alaska the state of NADA for only 2 years isn't too impressive. and if mccain did die, we would be screwed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESkSGMnUihs
    ^^ hahaha
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Post by whenhen Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:53 pm

What's NADA?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:53 pm

nada...nothing in spanish. Well I think nothing, I dunno its spanish.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Pinthin wrote:^^ Actually there is a higher chance Obama would die (I think) because I think he could get assassinated for being black and people thinking he is muslim...which he ISNT

And yeah being gov of alaska the state of NADA for only 2 years isn't too impressive. and if mccain did die, we would be screwed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESkSGMnUihs
    ^^ hahaha

thats a good point pinthin i didn't think about him getting assasinated. its sad that we have to take that into consideration...
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:35 pm

whenhen wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:First off, would you rather have an "inexperienced" vice president, or a REALLY inexperienced president?

1: There is a chance McCain would die in office. Then we'd be left with a really inexperienced president.
    4: I agree with you there, but remember that behind every good speech there are professional writers
    5: Women aren't that stupid. She's ultra conservative, not middle of the road moderate like Clinton was. I'd be surprised if 20% of undecided Clinton supporters voted for McCain because of Palin
    6: Biden has experience. He's an expert on foreign policy, something we clearly need.
    1. Obama can get cancer because he smoked or could get assassinated. Those two combined at least cancel out McCain's chances.

2. Obama hasn't been senator for that long either.

3. It's the percent that counts, that can spread more if given the chance.

4. She describes herself as "just another average hockey mom," I think that and the type of experience she has will be a nice refresher in the White House.

5. Yeah, but who knows. Everyone who's black is voting for Obama. Rolling Eyes

6. Yeah, but McCain has better foreign policy than Obama does. Shouldn't that count more? And even if McCain died in office they'd give Palin a VP with lots of experience so it'd be the same as the Obama-Biden ticket.
    baby got track
    baby got track
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2211
    Class : 2011
    5000m XC Time : 22:42
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by baby got track Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:39 pm

whenhen wrote:

Yes, women are that stupid. I was watching the news last night and they intervied about 10 women who basically said they would be voting for McCain just because of Palin. Lots of people make really unintelligent voting descisions based simply on gender, race, or something superficial like that.

Last edited by baby got track on Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for clarity)
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA

Post by P2 Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:10 pm

mccains a runner. hes way healthier than obama imo.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:19 pm

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/06/obama-admits-sm.html
    Should concern the public. If elected he is at risk for a early stroke. Black male,50,smokes,stress,probably high blood pressure = stroke.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:42 pm

God damnit, we all have a chance to die. You think people cared about JFK's health over Nixon's? No one thought Kennedy would die compared to stroke infested, smoke progressive Richard Nixon and look who lived 40 years longer. Lets be real with the health care these guys get they can live to as long as they want. I'd rather worry about who would get assasinated first. Actually, how about we not worry about it at all. How about we focus on the actual country and now the blood pressure of someone who's going to die like the rest of us eventually.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:34 pm

P2 wrote:mccains a runner. hes way healthier than obama imo.

obama plays basketball.

BUT NEITHER WILL DIE. Like FK says, dont decide based on their health conditions, Bill Clinton became a president for goodness sakes.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:22 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:
    xotrackkgirl wrote:

hahah. but I don't know much about McCain. I never really had sides but I definetely liked Obama's speech last night.

obamas a good speaker. yay obama. but can he run our country? his speaking skills dont matter. anyone can make a good speach and if he wins we will have a president with less experience then his vp. now how does that sound???
    lol, you got that straight off that mccain commercial.

actually no i didnt get it from the commercail. the vp things was something i saw on the l&o board on rw and the speaking thing is my opinion and it has been that way always. btw i like hilary better than obama. if she was the cantidate i would vote for her but because she isnt i would vote for mccain.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:26 am

xc_babe09 wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:
    xotrackkgirl wrote:

hahah. but I don't know much about McCain. I never really had sides but I definetely liked Obama's speech last night.

obamas a good speaker. yay obama. but can he run our country? his speaking skills dont matter. anyone can make a good speach and if he wins we will have a president with less experience then his vp. now how does that sound???
    lol, you got that straight off that mccain commercial.

actually no i didnt get it from the commercail. the vp things was something i saw on the l&o board on rw and the speaking thing is my opinion and it has been that way always. btw i like hilary better than obama. if she was the cantidate i would vote for her but because she isnt i would vote for mccain.
    Anyone who flip-flops like that doesn't know what they're voting for, would you kindly give up your voting rights and stop hurting America?

And about the dying thing, if you guys think it shouldn't be considered, QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT PALIN!!!
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:38 am

sure i dont know what im voting for. i will be learning about it in citizenship tho. and i do know that i could not vote for obama. so my only choice is mccain so it doesnt matter if i flip flop or not i would not and could not vote for obama.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:42 am

xc_babe09 wrote:sure i dont know what im voting for. i will be learning about it in citizenship tho. and i do know that i could not vote for obama. so my only choice is mccain so it doesnt matter if i flip flop or not i would not and could not vote for obama.
    You say you thought Clinton would be best suited to represent you, but now Clinton says Obama will best represent her and you say McCain. You are obviously flip-flopping, there's no way you can deny that!
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:48 am

yea i know im flip flopping but hilary is saying that because hes from her party. once again i know im flipflopping but i cannnot and wouldnot vote for obama, even if hilary is backing him.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:52 am

xc_babe09 wrote:yea i know im flip flopping but hilary is saying that because hes from her party. once again i know im flipflopping but i cannnot and wouldnot vote for obama, even if hilary is backing him.
    She's supporting him only because he's from her party? The fact that he's from her party means he'll share more common political views. Once again you are flip-flopping, although I can't tell if you're a sexist or a racist.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:54 am

im neither. i dont like obama because he has supported live birth abortions. before i knew that i could have tolerated maybe voting his direction but absolutely not now. and once again i know im flipflopping and it honestly doesnt bother me.
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Post by whenhen Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:55 am

Hilary doesn't want to look bad by not supporting Obama. Remember, she's in debt from her campaign, Obama helped her pay it off, and as such he expects something in return. If you watched her endorsement during the DNC, she looked like she knew she was BSing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:35 pm