Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+10
alex-likes-running
hxc
XC_crazy
BagoXC25
NotChangingUntilSub5
FinishingKick
Pinthin
mae2937
BA_Sadie.
AudienceOfOne
14 posters

Anybody wanna talk faith/religion?

alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Anybody wanna talk faith/religion? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody wanna talk faith/religion?

Post by alex-likes-running Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:24 pm

im mormon...just to get that out there haha Smile
    White Wolf
    White Wolf
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 219
    Mile Time : running

Anybody wanna talk faith/religion? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody wanna talk faith/religion?

Post by White Wolf Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:36 pm

alex-likes-running wrote:im mormon...just to get that out there haha Smile
    ban
    just kidding
    I have nothing to say here. I don't get into stupid religous arguements.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:43 pm

i can say that after i started to really follow Jesus and live my life for him i had a real peace about everything and i now know that he is real because nothing can fill me up the way He does
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:10 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:
    runforlifex3 wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:
    runforlifex3 wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:im presbyterian
    what grade are you in will you be going to triennium in 2011?

ill be a junior

oh so did you go last year?

no
    what is triennium?

its a presbyterian youth conference. presbyterians from all over the world go and it happens every four years at purdue university. it is the experience of a lifetime. you have to be a certain age though and i wasn't old enough last year i think you have to be 15. I just turned 15 in May. But, in 2011 i'm going for sure.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by xc_babe09 Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:27 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:methodist.

+1
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:58 am

I think you are going to have a very hard time coming up with enough evidence to disprove jesus is our savior, just throwing that out there..haha
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:51 pm

because videos on the internet are going to prove or disprove my God Rolling Eyes
    sharrison
    sharrison
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by sharrison Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:35 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:I think you are going to have a very hard time coming up with enough evidence to disprove jesus is our savior, just throwing that out there..haha

let's look at this the other way

i believe jesus to be a philosopher, just like muhammed, budha, and confucius

he was a very wise man who taught brilliant rules for a successful life, but he was not the son of god, he was just a man, like billions of others.

prove jesus is the son of god..............because he said so? its an act of faith? you can have faith in countless things it doesn't make them true or logical.

personally i am a deist, and disbelieve all organized religions, and accept them only as opinions, but when someone tries to tell me their opinion is more righteous, or moral than mine......well that pisses me off. to each his own, but just keep it to your own.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:37 pm

sharrison wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:I think you are going to have a very hard time coming up with enough evidence to disprove jesus is our savior, just throwing that out there..haha

let's look at this the other way

i believe jesus to be a philosopher, just like muhammed, budha, and confucius

he was a very wise man who taught brilliant rules for a successful life, but he was not the son of god, he was just a man, like billions of others.

prove jesus is the son of god..............because he said so? its an act of faith? you can have faith in countless things it doesn't make them true or logical.

personally i am a deist, and disbelieve all organized religions, and accept them only as opinions, but when someone tries to tell me their opinion is more righteous, or moral than mine......well that pisses me off. to each his own, but just keep it to your own.

no.

i believe it because he died for me. i believe it because he has a master plan. i believe it because i can feel it everyday. i believe it because the God that doesn't know anytime, the God that created us out of love, cared for us so much that he revealed himself to us through Jesus, and that he left behind a book that explained who my God is. i believe in Jesus because i have seen his face.

and btw, if i have information that can save your life, i'm not going to "keep it to my own". Romans 1:16 "i am not ashamed of the gospel, because through it i have power".
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by TnF_T Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:08 pm

No one can accept the big bang theory can they? Everything is god-related isn't it?
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:11 pm

TnF_T wrote:No one can accept the big bang theory can they? Everything is god-related isn't it?
    Yeah because I really believe there was this small amount of mass that was just "there" (which was really nowhere), and then exploded to form the universe. Rolling Eyes
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:15 pm

The "changes" in the bible you are talking about are not just changes, but differences in translation. If you would take a look at the bible in it's original language, there are 3 words for love:Raya, Ahava, and Dode. Raya is the type of love that is between friends, Ahava is the commitment love, and Dode is the physical aspect of love. The reason there is some confusion on a few stories in the bible is because the only word we have for love is...love. There is an explanation for everything.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:18 pm

TnF_T wrote:No one can accept the big bang theory can they? Everything is god-related isn't it?
    yes, God controls every aspect of life. nothing is un-related to God.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:21 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    i'm almost 100% sure that somewhere in the Bible it says that God will never tempt us. which is the same thing is test us.
    it also says that the cripture is God-breathed, which i take to heart.
    if you would actually take the time to read Revelation you would believe differently. God took John the Apostle up to heaven to look into the future for ONE reason: so that it could be included in the bible.
    I'm not saying I believe in every one of those possiblities, I'm stating just that, the possiblities.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:24 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    i'm almost 100% sure that somewhere in the Bible it says that God will never tempt us. which is the same thing is test us.
    if you would actually take the time to read Revelation you would believe differently. God took John the Apostle up to heaven to look into the future for ONE reason: so that it could be included in the bible.
    I'm not saying I believe in every one of those possiblities, I'm stating just that, the possiblities.
    which is doubt. and doubt is bad. but if we both believe in Jesus and what he stood for, atleast we have some common ground.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:25 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    which is doubt. and doubt is bad. but if we both believe in Jesus and what he stood for, atleast we have some common ground.
    I don't doubt god, just humans, and there is certainly reason for doubt there.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:36 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    ok. lol i know what you believe and you know what i believe, it doesn't look like we're getting anywhere after that.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    ok. lol i know what you believe and you know what i believe, it doesn't look like we're getting anywhere after that.
    however, I have come up with a lot of ideas (just about all of my posts were ideas that I came up with).
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:40 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    however, I have come up with a lot of ideas (just about all of my posts were ideas that I came up with).
    you mean all the bull you just came up with was stuff you just thought of?
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by xc_babe09 Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:42 pm

this is a very complicated thread. you have your beliefs i have mine. i think that no argument over who is right should be made. atleast you believe in something.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:43 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Yeah. I obiviously didn't come up with Evo-Creationism (though I did make up that name for it), and I didnb't make up the facts (e.g. my posts about the south americans and Greek language), but everything else I came up with on my own. I am positive that someone has at least thought of some of the stuff I said before me (like translation errors), but take my word for it, I was never told anything about it, everything I said I thought of myself.

I believe that if something is my own idea, my faith in it will be that much stronger because I obviously understand it or at least the possibilities.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:51 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Yeah. I obiviously didn't come up with Evo-Creationism (though I did make up that name for it), and I didnb't make up the facts (e.g. my posts about the south americans and Greek language), but everything else I came up with on my own. I am positive that someone has at least thought of some of the stuff I said before me (like translation errors), but take my word for it, I was never told anything about it, everything I said I thought of myself.

I believe that if something is my own idea, my faith in it will be that much stronger because I obviously understand it or at least the possibilities.
    ok, just go ahead and try to make God out to be whatever you want. isn't that what you accused people of doing when they "tampered" with the Bible.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:52 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

ok, just go ahead and try to make God out to be whatever you want. isn't that what you accused people of doing when they "tampered" with the Bible.
    I guess what I mean is i'm not sure what to believe, I've just stated all of the possiblities that I could think of. Like I said before, regardless of whether you believe in Evo_creationism or take the bible word-for-word, I think that as long as you're a good Christian and believe in all of that good stuff you will have no trouble after death.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:55 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

I guess what I mean is i'm not sure what to believe, I've just stated all of the possiblities that I could think of. Like I said before, regardless of whether you believe in Evo_creationism or take the bible word-for-word, I think that as long as you're a good Christian and believe in all of that good stuff you will have no trouble after death.
    ok as long as we understand eachother.....
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by TnF_T Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:02 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    Yeah because I really believe there was this small amount of mass that was just "there" (which was really nowhere), and then exploded to form the universe. Rolling Eyes

Well it makes more sense than things just appearing,. ie adam + eve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:33 pm