Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+10
alex-likes-running
hxc
XC_crazy
BagoXC25
NotChangingUntilSub5
FinishingKick
Pinthin
mae2937
BA_Sadie.
AudienceOfOne
14 posters

Anybody wanna talk faith/religion?

AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Anybody wanna talk faith/religion? Empty Anybody wanna talk faith/religion?

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:02 pm

i'm up for it.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Anybody wanna talk faith/religion? Empty Re: Anybody wanna talk faith/religion?

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:13 pm

lol what about it...
    what denomination of christianity are you anway?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:14 pm

methodist.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:15 pm

im presbyterian
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 pm

mae2937 wrote:im presbyterian
    me too!
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:23 pm

what grade are you in will you be going to triennium in 2011?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:32 pm

pshhh presbyterians. just kidding
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:34 pm

none.. Twisted Evil that doesnt make me the devil by the way. haha

OH and I have a question to ask:
    So my mom bought me this really cute buddah lamp at urban outfitters (i'm not a buddhist, its just really cute) and she asked some of her friends if they liked it and they freaked because they said is against jesus and blah blah blah.

i dunno, so i guess my question is do you find it offensive ?? my friends said its okay as long as I dont pray to it.. haha
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:35 pm

lol...methodists are pretty sweet though i must admit.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:35 pm

runforlifex3 wrote:

ill be a junior
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:36 pm

Pinthin wrote:none.. Twisted Evil that doesnt make me the devil by the way. haha

So my mom bought me this really cute buddah lamp at urban outfitters (i'm not a buddhist, its just really cute) and she asked some of her friends if they liked it and they freaked because they said is against jesus and blah blah blah.

i dunno, so i guess my question is do you find it offensive ?? my friends said its okay as long as I dont pray to it.. haha
    if it's nothing more then a cute lamp to you, it would be fine. are you non-denominational?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:36 pm

runforlifex3 wrote:lol...methodists are pretty sweet though i must admit.
    John Wesley = Cool
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:38 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:none.. Twisted Evil that doesnt make me the devil by the way. haha

if it's nothing more then a cute lamp to you, it would be fine. are you non-denominational?

yeah I dunno, just all of my moms friends started freaking out and "ommmgg I cant believe you bought her that laamp! " ughh I cant stand them (relgion wise) and yes
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:39 pm

mae2937 wrote:
    runforlifex3 wrote:

ill be a junior

oh so did you go last year?
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:40 pm

Catholic.

I have a feeling I'm about to get flamed.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:41 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

yeah I dunno, just all of my moms friends started freaking out and "ommmgg I cant believe you bought her that laamp! " ughh I cant stand them (relgion wise) and yes
    yea some people need to stop focusing on yelling at people for doing stuuf like halloween and start focusing on real sin.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:41 pm

no your not lol. catholics are all right.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:42 pm

FinishingKick wrote:Catholic.

i don't agree with tons of stuff that catholic people do. you just made this thread worthy of being in the arguments section.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:42 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:

i don't agree with tons of stuff that catholic people do. you just made this thread worthy of being in the arguments section.
    Like what, because I don't either depending on what it is.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:43 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

yea some people need to stop focusing on yelling at people for doing stuuf like halloween and start focusing on real sin.

i agree i hate when christains act like they know everything and if someone disagrees they blow up (religion wise) no one knows everything. We need to all respect each others beliefs and opinions not just yell about them..that doesn't get anything done.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:48 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

LOL. but here's three thing i think about catholics.

1) Jesus never mentioned anything about having a leader like the pope. we don't need one. if it was that important, then it would be included in the bible. and the thing about the pope talking to god is crap. i talk to god everyday.

2) i disagree with the thing like you need a preist or archbiship or whatever to talk to god for you. crap.

3) i do like one thing about catholics, they seem altogether more devoted than other denominations.

4) i don't like how people go so far as to say "no, i'm catholic" when people ask if your christian. GRRRRRRR.

5) tons of little details i disagree with for example, Jesus went to hell to search for Judas.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:55 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:Anybody wanna talk faith/religion?

Nope Neutral
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:55 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:Anybody wanna talk faith/religion?

Nope Neutral
    well okay then lol.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:57 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

1) Jesus never mentioned anything about having a leader like the pope. we don't need one. if it was that important, then it would be included in the bible. and the thing about the pope talking to god is crap. i talk to god everyday.

2) i disagree with the thing like you need a preist or archbiship or whatever to talk to god for you. crap.

3) i do like one thing about catholics, they seem altogether more devoted than other denominations.

4) i don't like how people go so far as to say "no, i'm catholic" when people ask if your christian. GRRRRRRR.

5) tons of little details i disagree with for example, Jesus went to hell to search for Judas.
    Three things? That was five lol. Here are my answers:

1. I like the Pope as a traditional leader, sort of like a figurehead, but still having a say in how the religion is run. I don't like the idea of the Pope being above everyone else, but I think that's sort of Middle Ages.

2. So do I, I don't like having to go to a confession, I don't see why I can't do it myself.

3. I'm not sure about that, I would say every denomination has their share of devouts and Christmas/Easter pew stealers.

4. I don't know of anyone who says that, but I do know a lot of people say Catholic instead of Christian and I would be offended by that if I was a non-Catholic Chrisitian.

5. Not really any way to answer.

I think the modern Catholic church is very much "faith alone" and that the sacraments, such as confession and communion, are held onto for traditional purposes. I think we are still trying to make up for the bad popes in the Middle Ages. I really wish we could all just unite (really the only big differences now are regional traditions, and the beliefs of people who either act like they're a Middle Age Catholic or take the Bible word for word).
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:02 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

Three things? That was five lol. Here are my answers:

1. I like the Pope as a traditional leader, sort of like a figurehead, but still having a say in how the religion is run. I don't like the idea of the Pope being above everyone else, but I think that's sort of Middle Ages.

2. So do I, I don't like having to go to a confession, I don't see why I can't do it myself.

3. I'm not sure about that, I would say every denomination has their share of devouts and Christmas/Easter pew stealers.

4. I don't know of anyone who says that, but I do know a lot of people say Catholic instead of Christian and I would be offended by that if I was a non-Catholic Chrisitian.

5. Not really any way to answer.

I think the modern Catholic church is very much "faith alone" and that the sacraments, such as confession and communion, are held onto for traditional purposes. I think we are still trying to make up for the bad popes in the Middle Ages. I really wish we could all just unite (really the only big differences now are regional traditions, and the beliefs of people who either act like they're a Middle Age Catholic or take the Bible word for word).
    lol i had to add a couple things.

it's nice to see some catholics feel the same way about themselves as i do about them lol. but yea, they need to moderinize the catholic church. the first step would be getting rid of the pope. that would be a biiiiiiig step though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:40 am