Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+14
runner_dude
Just Because
Pinthin
CT Track
BA_Sadie.
Adonai
Wgrt
alex-likes-running
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
XCTrackXC
running_violet
Running With Scissors
Phuckduck
18 posters

Audience got butthurt

AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Audience got butthurt - Page 5 Empty Re: Audience got butthurt

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:02 am

XCTrackXC wrote:And to add more flames to this thread for fun:

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors." –Thomas Jefferson
    "Lighthouses are more useful than churches." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Religions are all alike – founded upon fables and mythologies." –Thomas Jefferson
    Yea, kind of sad considering the first colonies were founded by religous pilgrims.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:16 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    CT Track wrote:
    Well, I think it's safe to say that's wrong then.

Did anybody see Jesus fly away to heaven either? Negatory. Just like everything else in your religion, you like to assume that there are supernatural powers and higher beings because a book said so. J.K. Rowling was legit imo, why can't there be a school for wizards somewhere?
    Actually they did, check Acts 1.

And the "Jesus is as credible as Santa Claus" comments are getting annoying. Do we have pictures or the used coke can of Jesus? No. But we have thousands of manusripts and copies and scrolls of the bible dating back to the first and second centuries. Thousands. Those people and scribes were copied down from the latest manuscripts at the time, and those manuscripts were copied down by scribes and people looking at the earlier manuscripts, and so on until you get back to the original Gospels, all written at or before 80 AD.

That's something you don't have with santa claus or harry potter.

So you're trying to tell me the Bible was copied a million times. Thanks for the useless info, I already know the Bible is the most published book in the world. It's a wonder to know that the world was created at or before 80 AD.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:21 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Adonai wrote:
    One way or another it will be proven to you after you die. This is the same as how you would prove the Big Bng Theory (only in the future not the past).

How is it that christians don't notice it is incoherent babbling morons like this who most ardently defend christianity?

wait, nevermind, I know the answer
    Haha, yea, atleast Christians can have an argument without an insult or a comment about how superior you are in every post. No offense to the atheist like wgrt that can actually have a productive argument without trying to blaze on somebody.

It's not even the religion side of it. It is the ignorant statement side of it. All your points have had huge gaps and your constant lack of understanding is really just annoying. I would attack you on any subject for your stupidity and if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

On the same subject of what I was just saying.

atleast Christians can have an argument without an insult or a comment about how superior you are in every post.

The irony is killing me
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:47 am

Too bad "their" and "there" aren't so interchangeable.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:50 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    CT Track wrote:

Did anybody see Jesus fly away to heaven either? Negatory. Just like everything else in your religion, you like to assume that there are supernatural powers and higher beings because a book said so. J.K. Rowling was legit imo, why can't there be a school for wizards somewhere?

And the "Jesus is as credible as Santa Claus" comments are getting annoying. Do we have pictures or the used coke can of Jesus? No. But we have thousands of manusripts and copies and scrolls of the bible dating back to the first and second centuries. Thousands. Those people and scribes were copied down from the latest manuscripts at the time, and those manuscripts were copied down by scribes and people looking at the earlier manuscripts, and so on until you get back to the original Gospels, all written at or before 80 AD.

too bad the earliest gospel was Mark, written around 60-70 AD and the latest was John written around 100-120 AD. And none of them were first hand accounts.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:52 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:A question to the atheists, and people who believe in the big bang theory: You say the universe was formed when a ball of energy/mass, whatever, exploded and created the universe, right? Where did that ball come from?

(btw, I'm not really even trying to argue here, just want to know what you think.)

why can't that mass have always been there in compliance with the laws of physics. therefore the universe is in a constant state of flux, as is proven, constantly expanding and imploding

and you still never answered, what are your views on Mohammed
    i don't know enough about islam or mohammed to have an opinion on him.

ohhh okay, well he actually rose to heaven just like Jesus

Why? It is the exact same thing as Jesus, yet you believe there was a white dude with a mexican name in Israel that rose to heaven as opposed to a Muslim guy who did the same thing. pretty epic fail if you ask me
    Like I said, I'm not very educated in Islam. But I do know that the Qur'ran is at best a 4rth or 5th hand account, something even admitted by many muslims. That doesn't sound very reliable to me.

Also, Islamic texts are very contradictory when it comes to Jesus. That is not exactly a book I would base my life around right there.

The same is true of the Bible, it is a series of stories passed down by spoken word before finally being written down. I assume you know of the Dead Sea Scrolls and who they were written by, since you are such a devout Christian
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:52 am

Red R1der wrote:You guys do realize you are all idiots for continuing to participate in this.

You cannot prove their is a god. Science cannot prove there is a god. Those who believe in god choose to believe he exists despite it not being able to be proven. They have FAITH that god is real. That is why religion and faith are interchangeable.

Audience got butthurt - Page 5 Careometer
    XCTrackXC
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 398
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post by XCTrackXC Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:54 am

it's negative?
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:10 am

XCTrackXC wrote:
    T B K wrote:
    XCTrackXC wrote:anyone see "Religulous"?
    I did.
    I love the creation museum part...the dinosaurs roaming around the city/people..
    and the scientology/mormon part
    That's my favorite part.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:03 pm

CT Track wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    CT Track wrote:

So you're trying to tell me the Bible was copied a million times. Thanks for the useless info, I already know the Bible is the most published book in the world. It's a wonder to know that the world was created at or before 80 AD.

The world was not created at 80 AD, that's at or before when the Gospels were written.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:05 pm

CT Track wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Adonai wrote:
    One way or another it will be proven to you after you die. This is the same as how you would prove the Big Bng Theory (only in the future not the past).

How is it that christians don't notice it is incoherent babbling morons like this who most ardently defend christianity?

wait, nevermind, I know the answer
    Haha, yea, atleast Christians can have an argument without an insult or a comment about how superior you are in every post. No offense to the atheist like wgrt that can actually have a productive argument without trying to blaze on somebody.

It's not even the religion side of it. It is the ignorant statement side of it. All your points have had huge gaps and your constant lack of understanding is really just annoying. I would attack you on any subject for your stupidity and if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

On the same subject of what I was just saying.

atleast Christians can have an argument without an insult or a comment about how superior you are in every post.

The irony is killing me
    If my arguments have huge gaps and I have a great lack of understanding, then you guys wouldn't have to resort to the santa claus comments to argue with me.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:09 pm

AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    CT Track wrote:

too bad the earliest gospel was Mark, written around 60-70 AD and the latest was John written around 100-120 AD. And none of them were first hand accounts.
    John was written around 80, and mark was written on the low side of 60 AD. Matthew and Luke were written sometime in between. They were all first hand accounts, and many bible scholars feel that they even discussed the events with others who were there in order to get everything down the right way.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:15 pm

AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:A question to the atheists, and people who believe in the big bang theory: You say the universe was formed when a ball of energy/mass, whatever, exploded and created the universe, right? Where did that ball come from?

(btw, I'm not really even trying to argue here, just want to know what you think.)

why can't that mass have always been there in compliance with the laws of physics. therefore the universe is in a constant state of flux, as is proven, constantly expanding and imploding

Why? It is the exact same thing as Jesus, yet you believe there was a white dude with a mexican name in Israel that rose to heaven as opposed to a Muslim guy who did the same thing. pretty epic fail if you ask me
    Like I said, I'm not very educated in Islam. But I do know that the Qur'ran is at best a 4rth or 5th hand account, something even admitted by many muslims. That doesn't sound very reliable to me.

Also, Islamic texts are very contradictory when it comes to Jesus. That is not exactly a book I would base my life around right there.

The same is true of the Bible, it is a series of stories passed down by spoken word before finally being written down. I assume you know of the Dead Sea Scrolls and who they were written by, since you are such a devout Christian
    Most if not all of the Bible is a first hand account of what the person saw when they were there.

And yea, they were ancient texts found in the 50's. they are thought to be original, as old as 150 BC.
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1567
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by whenhen Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Admin Audience: You can't argue for the absolute validity of the bible.
    Sour Worms/ Fake Audience: You can't argue that the bible is inherently wrong except for a few minor exceptions.
    The point is, is that it was written when very few people believed in Christianity, and so it is the only account of the life of Jesus. The people he preached to were primarily peasants, and thus unable to record either a great miracle or a sham.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:39 pm

How is the Bible a primary source if God has existed forever?
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:42 pm

The Bible has many similarities to books such as the Iliad or the Odyssey. They all provide "some" historical content, but the truth is stretched entirely.

Odysseus did not fight a real cyclops and Abraham did not talk to a burning bush.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Or whoever talked to the damn bush.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Another humorous quote I found

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are nothing like your Christ" - Gandhi.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:35 pm

CT Track wrote:Somehow I think it's easier to determine the past than it is the future. It is FK's logic that explains the only way to know if anything in the Bible is even true.
    But some things in the past we will never know.
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 507
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by Wgrt Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:56 pm

You know he never had any intention of starting a religion?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:59 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:

Most if not all of the Bible is a first hand account of what the person saw when they were there.

And yea, they were ancient texts found in the 50's. they are thought to be original, as old as 150 BC.

ohh they are actually presumed to be written right around 0 AD, the oldest of Jewish scriptures, written by the essenes (whom i doubt you have ever heard of). They are the oldest manuscripts of the Old Testament ever written down, some 2000 years after the alleged facts that they contain happened.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:01 pm

CT Track wrote:Or whoever talked to the damn bush.
    i think it was moses (:
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:03 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    CT Track wrote:

John was written around 80, and mark was written on the low side of 60 AD. Matthew and Luke were written sometime in between. They were all first hand accounts, and many bible scholars feel that they even discussed the events with others who were there in order to get everything down the right way.

Are you serious? None of them were apostles; there is not a single gospel written by one of the twelve. You obviously have no knowledge of Bible history. The dates I gave you were correct, Mark was mostly likely written from 60-70 AD because he has no knowledge of the destruction of the Temple. I recommend not to get into a Bible-thumping match with me, I will win every time.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:07 pm

whenhen wrote:Admin Audience: You can't argue for the absolute validity of the bible.
    Sour Worms/ Fake Audience: You can't argue that the bible is inherently wrong except for a few minor exceptions.
    The point is, is that it was written when very few people believed in Christianity, and so it is the only account of the life of Jesus. The people he preached to were primarily peasants, and thus unable to record either a great miracle or a sham.
    Yea, I know that. It would be very hard to prove any documents from 2000 years ago to be absolutely valid. Personally I believe that the Bible is absolutely valid. But you can't compare Jesus to santa for many reasons, and that is one of them.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:09 pm

CT Track wrote:Another humorous quote I found

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are nothing like your Christ" - Gandhi.
    I had that in my sig on here for awhile, and I agree with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:01 pm