Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+16
Love For Running
Wgrt
XCTrackXC
Just Because
alex-likes-running
Adonai
Running With Scissors
eternally_running
runner_dude
FinishingKick
Pinthin
CT Track
BA_Sadie.
WickedToo
TnF_T
AudienceOfOne
20 posters

Reason for the Season

Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Reason for the Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Reason for the Season

Post by Pinthin Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:14 pm

alex-likes-running wrote:lets just stop arguing, its christmas Smile

haha yeaah its defeating the purpose...
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:23 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Adonai wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Adonai wrote:You're still saying we should be able to tell a christian by how nice they are, which is hilariously retarded.
    "Should" is the key word there. Christians should show express their faith through action and outward appearance. Christians who never do that are not Christians at all.
    You just said the same exact thing again. Changing the wording of your argument isn't going to convince anyone. Again, you're saying we should be able to tell christians from non-christians by how nice they are, and if that's not what you're saying, then you aren't saying anything at all -- or at least have changed the course of the argument.
    Yes, I think that you can tell christians from non-christian by their outward conduct, or how "nice" they are.

Sir, let me educate you,

The Aryan Brotherhood is a very "Christian" organization as is the KKK and the Nazi party. They have a very strong belief in god and a hatred for sin. In their eyes, being black or Jewish, or a minority of any sort is a sin. Therefore, by your logic, they are righteous Christians. Now we see the same in a Muslim extremist group such as Hamas, but according to you, they are heathens. Somehow, your logic fails in this department, a fact which seems to not surprise me at all.

Let me pose a question to you, what did Jesus supposedly say was the only requirement for addmitance to heaven at the final judgement?
    That's what I've been trying to say, it is a narrow gate. There are very few people who claim to be Christians.

Plus that doesn't even make sense. None of what the KKK does is backed by the bible, it's very easy to see that they are not Christians.

The greatest evangelist ever said that he would be surprised if even 5% of the people that came forward at his conferences were saved. He started a donward spiral in american Christianity that we see today, that has given us clowns like Joel Olsteen to represent our religion to the world.

Again, Jesus said that we would be able to tell Christians by their fruits. Paul continued that by saying that if you are a Christian, you will express that faith through action.

If you are hanging off a skyscraper, and someone holds a hand out to save you, and you say, "i have faith in you", but you refuse to entrust them to save you, is that faith at all? Faith acts. There is no such thing as a carnal christian, that is an invention of american christianity.

hahaha you are an idiot...from the KKK website:

Bringing a Message of Hope and Deliverance to White Christian America! A Message of Love NOT Hate!

oh i'm so sorry ou are actually wrong on the jesus part. Jesus said that the only thing that we would be judged on at the end of time is "how we treated our fellow men" there is actually no requirement to be saved, go to church, bear fruits, or believe in god. I find it disheartening that I, an atheist, know more about your religion than you do
    XCTrackXC
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 398
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post by XCTrackXC Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:44 am

There's a KKK website...I guess it makes sense it just seems so...Odd?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:09 am

SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Adonai wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Adonai wrote:You're still saying we should be able to tell a christian by how nice they are, which is hilariously retarded.
    "Should" is the key word there. Christians should show express their faith through action and outward appearance. Christians who never do that are not Christians at all.
    You just said the same exact thing again. Changing the wording of your argument isn't going to convince anyone. Again, you're saying we should be able to tell christians from non-christians by how nice they are, and if that's not what you're saying, then you aren't saying anything at all -- or at least have changed the course of the argument.
    Yes, I think that you can tell christians from non-christian by their outward conduct, or how "nice" they are.

Sir, let me educate you,

The Aryan Brotherhood is a very "Christian" organization as is the KKK and the Nazi party. They have a very strong belief in god and a hatred for sin. In their eyes, being black or Jewish, or a minority of any sort is a sin. Therefore, by your logic, they are righteous Christians. Now we see the same in a Muslim extremist group such as Hamas, but according to you, they are heathens. Somehow, your logic fails in this department, a fact which seems to not surprise me at all.

Let me pose a question to you, what did Jesus supposedly say was the only requirement for addmitance to heaven at the final judgement?
    That's what I've been trying to say, it is a narrow gate. There are very few people who claim to be Christians.

Plus that doesn't even make sense. None of what the KKK does is backed by the bible, it's very easy to see that they are not Christians.

The greatest evangelist ever said that he would be surprised if even 5% of the people that came forward at his conferences were saved. He started a donward spiral in american Christianity that we see today, that has given us clowns like Joel Olsteen to represent our religion to the world.

Again, Jesus said that we would be able to tell Christians by their fruits. Paul continued that by saying that if you are a Christian, you will express that faith through action.

If you are hanging off a skyscraper, and someone holds a hand out to save you, and you say, "i have faith in you", but you refuse to entrust them to save you, is that faith at all? Faith acts. There is no such thing as a carnal christian, that is an invention of american christianity.

hahaha you are an idiot...from the KKK website:

Bringing a Message of Hope and Deliverance to White Christian America! A Message of Love NOT Hate!

oh i'm so sorry ou are actually wrong on the jesus part. Jesus said that the only thing that we would be judged on at the end of time is "how we treated our fellow men" there is actually no requirement to be saved, go to church, bear fruits, or believe in god. I find it disheartening that I, an atheist, know more about your religion than you do

Oh really? I guess I just imagined all these verses then...

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Romans 1:16 "I am unashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for through it is the power of God for everyone who believes.

Romans 10:9 "If you confess with your mouth 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that he is raised, you will be saved.

Luke 7:50 "And Jesus said to the woman, 'Your faith has saved you; Go in peace"

Acts 15:11 "We believe it is through the grace of Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

Matthew 7:15 - 23 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
    "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

That's barely the beginning. You have to have absolutely no knowedge of the Bible at all to say that you do not have to believe Him, confess Him, and repent and turn away for him. Turn to a random page of the New Testament and your bound to find a requirement for one of those three. I think you already knew that, though, you are just trying to be difficult.

And about the KKK, you still don't get it. Yea, we got it, they confess Jesus. But they don't beleive in Him, or repent of their sins. So, they are not Christians at all.

Hope that helps, Merry Christmas.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:57 am

oh tsk tsk, you are worse than tracko

using circular arguments when you are defeated. see you in hell sir Smile

for no where did got tell you to go and try to convert the masses. and at no time would such a "great" god condemn half of the world to hell
    Love For Running
    Love For Running
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 156
    Mile Time : 5:41
    Class : 09!
    5000m XC Time : 19:33
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by Love For Running Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:25 am

SourWorms wrote:oh tsk tsk, you are worse than tracko

for no where did got tell you to go and try to convert the masses. and at no time would such a "great" god condemn half of the world to hell

actually yes, he did. he did call everyone "the masses" but he does tell us to spread the word
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:25 pm

CT Track wrote:
    Wrong. They aren't real Christians. You should be able to pick out a good Christian as a good member of society. This doesn't mean you won't find other good members of society either. All (genuine) Christians are nice people, but not all nice people are genuine Christians. Simple logic. Note how I've thrown out most "Christians" with the word "genuine."

Alright none of this really bothered me but how do you come with the idealistics of what a true Christian really is? If you're going to say that they are not true Christians because they are not a good member of society, you're trying to tell me that you are discrediting the bible. You are telling me religion is based soley of society's laws, not God's. Ergo Bible = made up code of laws and God = your conscience.
    While I can't draw the line, I'm sure most people can agree that what some people do clearly goes against the Bible.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:29 pm

I love it when you guys try to tell me I don't know anything about the Bible and then say that something isn't in the Bible when it actually is one of the most famous chapters in the whole book. It's called the Great Commission, look it up.

And i love that last argument. He's a great, loving God so He has to forgive you even though you,re a sinner, right? Wrong. God is a holy God. Perfection hates imperfection, holiness hates sin, love hates hate.

See, I love life so I hate abortion. That's how that works. So yes, a great God has to hate sin, otherwise He would not be a perrfect loving God.
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 507
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by Wgrt Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:39 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    XCTrackXC wrote:I am by no means highly religious, but I agree with the original message of the thread and I agree that in general a true Christian should be and is most likely going to be a nice person. However, I don't think it's accurate to assume that either every nice person is Christian or that every Christian is nice, I have met some very not nice Christians and I have a friend that is extremely nice and is an Atheist. I also think you're all kind of beating that horse...

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Wgrt wrote:OK, so the pope, he isn't very nice to gay people
    I don't know exactly what his position is about homosexuality, but I'm assuming he just disagrees with it.

The question then is, is telling the truth considered to be nice?
    I mostly found the comparison to climate change offensive because I consider myself an environmentalist.

VATICAN CITY (AFP) –
    A suggestion by Pope Benedict XVI that homosexuality is as much of a threat to the survival of the human race as climate change sparked outrage among gay rights campaigners on Tuesday.

"It's the latest homophobic attack by this pope," said Gustav Hofer,
    co-director of a documentary on the life of a gay couple in Italy
    called "Suddenly Last Winter".

"The Vatican talks about homosexuality or transsexuality as if it were
    a whim, never as suffering," Hofer told AFP, adding that the Roman Catholic Church "reduces sexual orientation to the sexual act as if it had nothing to do with a person's identity."

In his end-of-year speech at the Vatican on Monday, the pope said gender theory
    blurred the distinction between male and female, and he called for "an
    ecology of the human being" to protect mankind "from self-destruction."

Gender theory, which Benedict referred to in English, explores how
    society designates fixed roles to people based on their gender and many
    gay groups see it as helpful to improving tolerance and understanding.

Amid a global financial crisis,
    "does it really seem appropriate to talk about 'gender' to all these
    poor folks who are unemployed or vulnerable and don't even know what
    the word means?" left-wing lawmaker Paola Concia wrote in an open
    letter to the pope.

"People need words of comfort," she said.

British campaigners including some priests from the Church of England also took the remarks as an attack on homosexuality.

Reverend Sharon Ferguson, chief executive of the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement, called the comments "totally irresponsible and unacceptable."

"When you have religious leaders like that making that sort of
    statement, then followers feel they are justified in behaving in an
    aggressive and violent way because they feel that they are doing God's
    work in ridding the world of these people," she said.

Reverend Doctor Giles Fraser,
    president of the pro-gay Anglican movement the Inclusive Church and
    vicar of a London parish, said: "The pope is spreading fear that gay
    people somehow threaten the planet, and that's just absurd.

"As always, this sort of religious homophobia will be an alibi for all
    those who would do gay people harm. Can't he think of something better
    to say at Christmas?" he asked.

Mark Dowd, campaign strategist at Operation Noah, the Christian
    environmental group, said the remarks were "understandable but
    misguided and unfortunate."

Dowd, who is gay, said: "If you study ecology seriously as any
    intelligent man would do, and the pope is a fantastically intelligent
    man, you realise that ecology is complex, it has all sorts of weird
    interdependencies, and it is the same with human sexuality."

The pope's remarks "betray a lack of openness to the complexity of creation," Dowd said.

The Catholic Church has repeatedly spoken against gender theory, but Monday was the first time the pope referred to it directly.

"We are people like everyone else and should not be designated as sinners just because we are trans-gender," said Vladimir Luxuria, a transsexual actress and former communist lawmaker.

Monday's remarks follow hard on the heels of the Vatican's refusal to join a United Nations appeal for the universal decriminalisation of homosexuality launched on December 18 by 66 countries.

More than 80 countries have laws against homosexuality, including nine in which it is punishable by death.

The Vatican is a staunch opponent of the death penalty, but fears the proposed UN resolution would encourage gay marriage.
    I agree with the pope that homosexuality is a sin, but comparing it to climate change was very stupid. I agree, that was uncalled for. If it were up to me though, there would be no pope.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest people are born gay
    Love For Running
    Love For Running
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Love For Running Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:45 pm

While that may be true, it's still a sin
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:02 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:

I love it when you guys try to tell me I don't know anything about the Bible and then say that something isn't in the Bible when it actually is one of the most famous chapters in the whole book. It's called the Great Commission, look it up.

And i love that last argument. He's a great, loving God so He has to forgive you even though you,re a sinner, right? Wrong. God is a holy God. Perfection hates imperfection, holiness hates sin, love hates hate.

See, I love life so I hate abortion. That's how that works. So yes, a great God has to hate sin, otherwise He would not be a perrfect loving God.

unfortunately for you, i am well educated in the bible and know far more about the bible and its interpretation than you could match.

if god is perfect, he does not hate. this undermines all basis of christianity and jesus' message. again, your argument fails miserably

nice plug for being pro life, its a good thing abortion is still a right in america and the majority of people recognize that frivolous bills such as prop 4 have no place in california, much less america.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Love For Running wrote:While that may be true, it's still a sin

wrong, your statement suggests that god is imperfect since he creates sinful beings, and according to audience, he is perfect and hates sin. therefore it defies all logic that he would create a sinful being.

the vatican says that homosexuality in itself is not a sin because science has proven that sexual orientation is present from birth. homosexual activity, however, is considered a sin, and the pope john paul II asked that they abstain from sexual activity
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by ND XC 23 Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:59 pm

SourWorms wrote:

wrong, your statement suggests that god is imperfect since he creates sinful beings, and according to audience, he is perfect and hates sin. therefore it defies all logic that he would create a sinful being.

the vatican says that homosexuality in itself is not a sin because science has proven that sexual orientation is present from birth. homosexual activity, however, is considered a sin, and the pope john paul II asked that they abstain from sexual activity

this is where i get kind of upset with religion. im catholic, go to church every sunday, and im involved with campus ministry but it just kills me when people hate on gays with religion as their reason..isnt it true that God created every man good and in his image? and if a person is created gay then why does this immediately make them sinners?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:08 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

unfortunately for you, i am well educated in the bible and know far more about the bible and its interpretation than you could match.

if god is perfect, he does not hate. this undermines all basis of christianity and jesus' message. again, your argument fails miserably

nice plug for being pro life, its a good thing abortion is still a right in america and the majority of people recognize that frivolous bills such as prop 4 have no place in california, much less america.

You obviously don't know that much about the bible. What i'm saying is basic theology, something you should know if you are as smart as you claim to be.

Again, God is perfect so he has to hate hate. Another Example: I love the environment so I hate pollution. And no, it does not undermine Jesus' message. That is a mesage that came from Jesus.

And by the way, I'm not surprised at all you support abortion.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:12 pm

SourWorms wrote:

We are sinful beings, but that is because God gave us free will to choose Him or reject Him. You can't force true love, God knows that.

And the catholic church and it's leaders do not direct what I believe in. The Bible does.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:18 pm

ND XC 23 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

this is where i get kind of upset with religion. im catholic, go to church every sunday, and im involved with campus ministry but it just kills me when people hate on gays with religion as their reason..isnt it true that God created every man good and in his image? and if a person is created gay then why does this immediately make them sinners?
    True, many false christians use and attempt to manipulate religion and God to feed their bias against homosexuals. You can find these people at gay rallies holding up a "TURN 2 JESUS" sign.

I believe homosexuality is a sin, and I believe that homosexuals are not born that way. Homosexuals can be Christians and gay at the same time. I know christians that are gay.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:20 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    ND XC 23 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

True, many false christians use and attempt to manipulate religion and God to feed their bias against homosexuals. You can find these people at gay rallies holding up a "TURN 2 JESUS" sign.

I believe homosexuality is a sin, and I believe that homosexuals are not born that way. Homosexuals can be Christians and gay at the same time. I know christians that are gay.

Why would you want to be gay and follow a god that is going to "send you to hell" anyways?

I cant wrap my head around why people think its a choice, because people love and choose to be discriminated against? Must be..
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    ND XC 23 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

Why would you want to be gay and follow a god that is going to "send you to hell" anyways?

I cant wrap my head around why people think its a choice, because people love and choose to be discriminated against? Must be..

I just said gay people can be Christians. Christians are saved. Saved people go to heaven. I believe gay people can go to heaven.

I know, that is definetly a fallacy in my opinion, I'll admit that. The closest answer I can come up with is that when I sin, I want to do it but I don't want to do it. My flesh and my spirit are fighting for control of my actions. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:46 pm

gay ppl are fags. WHUT I WANNA B WEHN I GROUGH UP

Last edited by AudienceOfOne on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TATOR TOTS.)
    Love For Running
    Love For Running
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Love For Running Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:30 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    ND XC 23 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

I just said gay people can be Christians. Christians are saved. Saved people go to heaven. I believe gay people can go to heaven.

I know, that is definetly a fallacy in my opinion, I'll admit that. The closest answer I can come up with is that when I sin, I want to do it but I don't want to do it. My flesh and my spirit are fighting for control of my actions. Maybe that has something to do with it.

this is exactly what i was thinking too
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:40 am

alex-likes-running wrote:gay ppl are fags. WHUT I WANNA B WEHN I GROUGH UP
    interesting.
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:09 am

SourWorms wrote:

God did not create sinful beings. God did not create evil. Evil is just a lack of good, just as darkness is a lack of light. Darkness and evil don't exist, they are just the lack of something.

Homosexuals are not evil. They can be and I'm sure there are many that are far better Christians than I am. Homosexual activity, however, as others have pointed out, is a sin. We all have our cross to bear.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:22 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    alex-likes-running wrote:gay ppl are fags. WHUT I WANNA B WEHN I GROUGH UPLast edited by AudienceOfOne on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TATOR TOTS.)
    interesting.
    quite.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:50 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    ND XC 23 wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:

i am sure you are smarter than all of those scientists who have said homosexuality is not a choice.

and apparently you know more about the bible, which is an outdated text that is not applicable to society today but nonetheless some very good lessons and morals, than the pope.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50