Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

End of the season

hannah
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-11

End of the season

Post by hannah on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:42 am

I've been feeling ready for my season to end for the last week- I can't focus and all of my runs feel really ADD and almost painful. I still have another meet and I haven't gotten my goal time, but I just really really want my two weeks off (and I want them now lol). Does anyone have any advice on how to get motivated for one more week?

It's kind of disappointing, though, that I've semi-burned out at such a low mileage/level. (I thought I was more passionate about running than that). I know that I'll be fine after my break, but I love xc and I don't want my season to end like this and to have to wait another year. Oh well.
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4613
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Re: End of the season

Post by Running With Scissors on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:32 am

Watch a good running movie, read some good quotes, and just try to tough it out for one more week. I know what you feel like though. I was so excited for xc this season but then last few weeks I was just waiting for my break after xc.

Number of posts : 9
    Mile Time : High School
    Registration date : 2008-11-02

Post by runner4life on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:01 am

Get some good music going on your ipod and just jam out during practice to get your mind off of things.
    5280ft
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 381
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by 5280ft on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:57 am

I get really motivated watching excited races. Maybe watch some old Olympic/ Olympic Trial footage, or something from dyestat.com of flotrack.com. They have video there from elite meets like footlocker or ntn. Finding a video with music in it is especially helpful. Read some running books and quotes and watch a running movie, like Fire on the Track or Pre, or Chariots of Fire.
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3092
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 am

I was the exact opposite this year, the beginning I really didn't want to run, but towards the end I actually wanted to race.. Like really bad.

I agree ^, or promise yourself something cool when your season is over and if you pr (that may sound lame..but for me it makes me work harder..) Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:09 am