Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+28
JK Runs
Adonai
Wgrt
T B K
ND XC 23
Just Because
Butch Cassidy
P2
Triathlete
funrunner
hxc
eternally_running
ButterySmoothStride
whenhen
xc_babe09
CT Track
PCNQtrack
Running With Scissors
BA_Sadie.
BagoXC25
NotChangingUntilSub5
FinishingKick
5280ft
AudienceOfOne
xotrackkgirl
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
Phuckduck
32 posters

Where Did God Go?????

Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Where Did God Go????? - Page 9 Empty Re: Where Did God Go?????

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:46 pm

eternally_running wrote:
    Butch Cassidy wrote:"is it easier for people to live for themselves, or to give it all up to God? in this age, people try to do it themselves, and they fail."

Ok these are atheists for FAILED at life
    Albert Einstein
    Abraham Lincoln
    Benjamin Franklin
    Billy Joel
    Freidrich Nietzsche
    Helen Keller
    Kurt Vonnegut
    John Lennon
    Mark Twain
    Thomas Edison
    Oscar Wilde
    Tom Leykis
    I'm sorry but, are these people epic fails? Thats just a short list I found.

it's easier to live the way you want to, but it is not the right way. we cant do things on our own, and we wont have a sucessful life if we do. We need somethig bigger and greater, and God wants to be that something.
    thoes people might have achieved great things, but the truth is that they could have achieved greater things through Christ. And how do you know they were truley happy? Just because thoes people are famous doesnt mean that they were happy living their lives. Fame only lasts a short time, but fame in Christ lasts forever.
    When you dont give yourself to God, there is going to be an empty hole in your life, that only God can fill. And no satasfaction will ever come out of anything you try to fill that hole with, until it becomes God.

bill gates could go on that list too..just saying. Hitler was a christian (maybe catholic) , only through god could he have killed so many jews Rolling Eyes

I dont think you can tell someone how they feel. I'm very happy and I dont feel that "hole" , My grandparents are very happy and they never went to church, I guess I should tell them that they have an empty part in their heart that better get fixed =/ . I think your religion just tries to convince people that they need god or.... else Suspect
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:14 pm

you do need God. We dont want to convince you that though. Its up to you to believe it. Its Faith. something my church goes by: Christians are no better than all others. We ae all broken people, but God is putting us back together. We are not going to judge you or what you believe, and we are not asking you to change what you beieve. We just want to invite you on a Christ centered journey. we dont want to focus on non-christians going to hell, but rather on the Great love of Jesus.
    thoes things i must say go for many christians. we are notgoing to force you to believe anything, or convince you of anything. We just want you to be open minded and see what will come out if it. God has his own time of working things out; meanwhile, we'll pray for you to find God
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:31 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    xc_babe09 wrote:while were on the subject of god, if anyone wants to pray, pray for a girl from my church. shes 4 months pregnant and she just found out that the baby has down syndrome.

of course were on the subject of god, what a dumb statement. the thread is called "where did god go." ppl amaze me

you amaze me... i would say some other things but that would get me into trouble.. oh and pqn im not sure. she wasnt even projected to have children tho because she had spine bifida(sp.?)
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 pm

There's no point of praying. Has god never answered? No it's a fairy tale. You people say yes he does it in miracles. No it doesn't fairy tales and more fairy tales. Get over yourselfs. No proof no God where is he? Answer that? Don't say in are hearts? I'm perfectly happy with my life. I think you stupid bible thumpers need to get over your self and stop trying to convert us. Keep it in church. Get away and take god with you.
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by eternally_running Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:54 pm

Ummm...No thankyou. God doesn't belong in a box.
    Prayer is real and powerful. God answers prayers in amazing ways. You have to learn to look for God in everything. He will show up and reveal himself. God has answered all my prayers, and i know he answers my friends prayers also. Im a wittness of that. (and i am not saying we ask for something, and it appears. God has his own timing. And that timing is perfect.)
    Again, im not trying to convert you, i just want you to be more open minded to things greater than this world.
    And God is everywhere. He is all around us. God is not in everything, but God is everywhere. there is no place God is not. God shows up through people, and in circumstances. God shows up where you meet him. He is with you always, you just have to realize that you need to be iwth him.
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:58 pm

He is all around us? Why don't you pray to him to show himself? God has never been seen by anyone? Come one what's the most logical answer? Some made up guy who has no proof of living? Once again I compare him to Santa Claus some guy made him up. Prayer isn't real your just talking to yourself. You do everything by yourself there is no god so he can't help you.
    Give me some proof that god exists? Don't say I pray to him and he answers because that's just stupid. If god doesn't show up and come to me I won't take part in these fairy tales.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:02 pm

eternallyrunnings' thoughts reminded me of a conversation about the marathon for the olympics. hall was said to be gold material but got 10th, someone said god must not have been with him(hes a very religious person btw) i said everything happens for a reason, so god was with him but it just wasnt his will to have hall get a gold medal.
    point: i have no clue. eternallyrunnings' post just reminded me of that convo so i thought id use it as an example.
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:07 pm

So you used Ryan hall's 10th place finish as god's proof of exsistince? It was Ryan Hall's lack of training that he didn't win that race. If he would have trained very hard he would have won it with or without god right? If he would have ran on sundays he would have got better than 10th. It's not gods fault it's his. Stop blaming your losses on god.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:08 pm

Butch Cassidy wrote:So you used Ryan hall's 10th place finish as god's proof of exsistince? It was Ryan Hall's lack of training that he didn't win that race. If he would have trained very hard he would have won it with or without god right? If he would have ran on sundays he would have got better than 10th. It's not gods fault it's his. Stop blaming your losses on god.

no i wasnt using that as an example u just happened to post that right before i posted.
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:14 pm

The main reason why I don't believe in God.
    The existence of God negates free will
    If God is omniscient and omnipotent, then God must see everything, including one's future. Imagine as if you could look at a film strip, and see everything. God knows whether or not I'll get a sandwhich 20 minutes from now, there is nothing I can do to stop that, since God is omnipotent. My fate has been decided every since God created the universe, thus predestination.
    Please come back to my last posts please retort anyone?
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by eternally_running Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:25 pm

Ryan Halls 1oth place is a geat example. God was in control of that race, and was with Hall, and he got 10th place for a reason. God does see your future, and knows exactly what youa re going to do, and every breath that you take.
    you have to open the eyes of your heart to see God. That takes time, but the cool thing is that once you are open to accepting God, you will see how much you missed, ad how real and true God is
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by eternally_running Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:29 pm

and, if there was no God, then explain the concept of how we care about right and wrong. If there was no God, and no one to answer our prayers, then why do we care so much when we do bad stuff? and why do we feel guilty?

Last edited by eternally_running on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:31 pm

eternally_running wrote:Ryan Halls 1oth place is a geat example. God was in control of that race, and was with Hall, and he got 10th place for a reason. God does see your future, and knows exactly what youa re going to do, and every breath that you take.
    you have to open the eyes of your heart to see God. That takes time, but the cool thing is that once you are open to accepting God, you will see how much you missed, ad how real and true God is
    The reason hall got 10th place was because lack of training.

Ok please answer this question stop trying to fly by it.
    Where is there any proof of god? Don't say the bible because that could have just been a story. He has never shown himself. No one has came bakc like he claimed they would? Give me proof? Also I think you should pray to god that you need to learn how to spell and use the space bar.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 pm

eternally_running wrote:Ryan Halls 1oth place is a geat example. God was in control of that race, and was with Hall, and he got 10th place for a reason. God does see your future, and knows exactly what youa re going to do, and every breath that you take.

This is what drives me nuts (no offense) everything is because of god. "oh I lost because its in gods plan" not because I just wasn't born with the right "tools" for running sucess, or my teamates simply just trained harder/better then me. It's just an excuse.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:33 pm

dang..I hate that posting at the same time thing =/

butch..you are just regurgitating everything. Stop.
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Wow when I shoot someone and go to jail I think I would feel upset and wrong when i'm in the showers dropping the soap and getting it. When you kill someone there's something called "HORMONES" not god that control you. Ever heard of those things called "HORMONES"? Stop giving me stupid arguements.
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by eternally_running Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:35 pm

Pinthin wrote:

This is what drives me nuts (no offense) everything is because of god. "oh I lost because its in gods plan" not because I just wasn't born with the right "tools" for running sucess, or my teamates simply just trained harder/better then me. It's just an excuse.

because everything is in Gods hands, and everything that happens is for a reason. And you are not born with running skills. thoes are talents form God.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:41 pm

eternally_running wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

because everything is in Gods hands, and everything that happens is for a reason. And you are not born with running skills. thoes are talents form God.

smack
    surrender
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:06 pm

Where Did God Go????? - Page 9 Christianity
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by eternally_running Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:33 pm

look. we dont agree on the same things, and are not going to get anywhere here. i know what i believe, and i am a strong believer in my faith. You dont believe what i do.
    I know that God has an awesome and mighty plan for you, and i am going to pray that God would reveal himself in amazing ways to you. Because i know he can, and will in time.
    Good luck in everything you do, and i hope someday you will see God the way i do.
    Someday you will find the answers you are looking for. God has a time of showing us things.
    (and no, i am not ending this because i dont have an answer to your question. You have to believe that God is there. Its called Faith. Soem people have it. Some people dont. Either way, its there, he's there, and he cares.)
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 pm

So your telling me god can only be there if I believe? So he must be fake because if I don't believe he isn't there? OWNED
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:08 am

Butch Cassidy wrote:So your telling me god can only be there if I believe? So he must be fake because if I don't believe he isn't there? OWNED

Rolling Eyes oh wow.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:31 am

God is in control of the Olympics.....LOLOL
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:58 am

CT Track wrote:God is in control of the Olympics.....LOLOL
    ZOMG China is God???

But seriously, I don't know why we're having this debate, why would people like Butch Cassidy even care if some random person over the internet was Christian or not. As long as they never bring it up it should be fine, arguments like this only keep the discussion up however, and make you aware of user's beliefs. I seriously think we should all just stop and think about what we're doing and how much time we're wasting with these stupid online arguments.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:03 am

Whatevs it's fun and strengthens my beliefs. Besides this is what the whole section is about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:19 am