Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+28
JK Runs
Adonai
Wgrt
T B K
ND XC 23
Just Because
Butch Cassidy
P2
Triathlete
funrunner
hxc
eternally_running
ButterySmoothStride
whenhen
xc_babe09
CT Track
PCNQtrack
Running With Scissors
BA_Sadie.
BagoXC25
NotChangingUntilSub5
FinishingKick
5280ft
AudienceOfOne
xotrackkgirl
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
Phuckduck
32 posters

Where Did God Go?????

AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Where Did God Go????? - Page 8 Empty Re: Where Did God Go?????

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:18 pm

CT Track wrote:And then theres Lucifer. Imho, God continually just sounds more and more of a dictator. He makes us serve him and those who oppose him he smites. Satan never physically opposed God. He rebelled against God in a theological way by doubting his existence. What if God was actually the one at fault and Satan was in the right.

what are you talking about? satan was a fallen angel, he never doubted God's existence. Jesus is Lord, even demons know this.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:05 pm

It was a hypothetical and based on John Milton Satan was dismissed from heaven for disagreeing with God's law.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Running With Scissors Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Satan was a the most powerful being God created and his ass was kicked out of heaven for being a dip shit. Now to get revenge on God he trys to get people (who were made in the image of God) to not warship God that way they won't go to Heaven.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Running With Scissors wrote:Satan was a the most powerful being God created and his ass was kicked out of heaven for being a dip shit. Now to get revenge on God he trys to get people (who were made in the image of God) to not warship God that way they won't go to Heaven.
    RWS, do me a favor and look up Ephesians 4:29 in your bible.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA

Post by P2 Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:26 pm

to the OP, read and weep
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:42 pm

P2 wrote:to the OP, read and weep
    lol they didn't even check if the church was on fire.

that was cool, but it doesn't answer his question. that doesn't happen to every guy(duh), and he didn't speak with words.
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by Butch Cassidy Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:48 pm

That little whisper inside your head is nothing. Just yourself thinking the right thing to do. God is just something people use to help themselves out. In jail "I've found god so i'm a better person so you should let me out". People only think as god as a person to give there problems to. It's for people who can't stand up for themselves so they just put it all on this so called god. Where did god come from? How do we know the bible is true? Why hasn't god came back and showed is true self for everyone to believe? You bible thumpers say "God talks to me he tells me it's the right belief". So why doesn't he go tell all the athesists and all the other religions that it's true and come bring his might self down. He doesn't exsist there is no proof that he does. Give me some proof that he was around? Has he every showed himself? So how was it started? Just some guy trying to make people listen to him. Like santa claus.
    THANK GOD I'm ATHEIST
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Butch Cassidy wrote:That little whisper inside your head is nothing. Just yourself thinking the right thing to do. God is just something people use to help themselves out. In jail "I've found god so i'm a better person so you should let me out". People only think as god as a person to give there problems to. It's for people who can't stand up for themselves so they just put it all on this so called god. Where did god come from? How do we know the bible is true? Why hasn't god came back and showed is true self for everyone to believe? You bible thumpers say "God talks to me he tells me it's the right belief". So why doesn't he go tell all the athesists and all the other religions that it's true and come bring his might self down. He doesn't exsist there is no proof that he does. Give me some proof that he was around? Has he every showed himself? So how was it started? Just some guy trying to make people listen to him. Like santa claus.
    THANK GOD I'm ATHEIST

lolwhitewolf

no, i do not think of God as just someone to give my problems to. He's much, much more than that.

is it easier for people to live for themselves, or to give it all up to God? in this age, people try to do it themselves, and they fail.

he has shown himself to christians and jews equally, to jews and muslims equally, to muslims and atheists equally. it comes down to whether you accept him or not.
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:51 pm

^ + 1 i agree
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:34 pm

"is it easier for people to live for themselves, or to give it all up to God? in this age, people try to do it themselves, and they fail."

Ok these are atheists for FAILED at life
    Albert Einstein
    Abraham Lincoln
    Benjamin Franklin
    Billy Joel
    Freidrich Nietzsche
    Helen Keller
    Kurt Vonnegut
    John Lennon
    Mark Twain
    Thomas Edison
    Oscar Wilde
    Tom Leykis
    I'm sorry but, are these people epic fails? Thats just a short list I found.

Last edited by Butch Cassidy on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:37 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Butch Cassidy wrote:That little whisper inside your head is nothing. Just yourself thinking the right thing to do. God is just something people use to help themselves out. In jail "I've found god so i'm a better person so you should let me out". People only think as god as a person to give there problems to. It's for people who can't stand up for themselves so they just put it all on this so called god. Where did god come from? How do we know the bible is true? Why hasn't god came back and showed is true self for everyone to believe? You bible thumpers say "God talks to me he tells me it's the right belief". So why doesn't he go tell all the athesists and all the other religions that it's true and come bring his might self down. He doesn't exsist there is no proof that he does. Give me some proof that he was around? Has he every showed himself? So how was it started? Just some guy trying to make people listen to him. Like santa claus.
    THANK GOD I'm ATHEIST

lolwhitewolf

no, i do not think of God as just someone to give my problems to. He's much, much more than that.

is it easier for people to live for themselves, or to give it all up to God? in this age, people try to do it themselves, and they fail.

he has shown himself to christians and jews equally, to jews and muslims equally, to muslims and atheists equally. it comes down to whether you accept him or not.

yeah thats what I thought too.. jeez louise Rolling Eyes

and what do you mean by the second one?? Are you saying only those who give themselves to God are happy? Suspect
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:41 pm

How come he didn't respond to the Whie Wolf accusation?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:42 pm

Butch Cassidy wrote:"is it easier for people to live for themselves, or to give it all up to God? in this age, people try to do it themselves, and they fail."

Albert Einstein
    Abraham Lincoln
    Benjamin Franklin
    Billy Joel
    Freidrich Nietzsche
    Helen Keller
    Kurt Vonnegut
    John Lennon
    Mark Twain
    Thomas Edison
    Oscar Wilde
    Tom Lykis

haha that made me laugh.
    Butch Cassidy
    Butch Cassidy
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Butch Cassidy Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:48 pm

If you remember earlier WhiteWolf and me fought on RW because he was actually religous on that is there a god thread a couple months ago?
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:53 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    THANK GOD I'm ATHEIST

lolwhitewolf

agreed. and just because someone is not a christian like myself doesnt mean they havent accepted god in some form or another. muslims and jews believe differently but they believe. whats wrong with that. nothing. i think everyone as long as they accept god in their lives will be ok.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:55 pm

xc_babe09 wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    THANK GOD I'm ATHEIST

lolwhitewolf

agreed. and just because someone is not a christian like myself doesnt mean they havent accepted god in some form or another. muslims and jews believe differently but they believe. whats wrong with that. nothing. i think everyone as long as they accept god in their lives will be ok.

My life is perfectly fine. I dont like all these people telling me my life is going to suck just because I don't believe in god.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:01 pm

ur life wont suck thats not what im saying. im saying that when you die your life will suck. no i dont know what will happen, people have their reasons for not believing and as much as i disagree i dont know why they dont believe so i wont judge them for not believing.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:09 pm

xc_babe09 wrote:ur life wont suck thats not what im saying. im saying that when you die your life will suck. no i dont know what will happen, people have their reasons for not believing and as much as i disagree i dont know why they dont believe so i wont judge them for not believing.

oh thanks. hah

I'm saying everyone will have an equally sucky life when you die. Wink
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:40 pm

You won't hav lif when you'r dead. Why? Oh shit...you're fucking DEAD.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:47 pm

xc_babe09 wrote:ur life wont suck thats not what im saying. im saying that when you die your life will suck. no i dont know what will happen, people have their reasons for not believing and as much as i disagree i dont know why they dont believe so i wont judge them for not believing.

how will my life suck when i die when i will not have a life that can, in turn, suck? your logic fails. next?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:48 pm

P2 wrote:to the OP, read and weep

ZOMG effin weird! you mean a lightning struck a high point in a thunderstorm??? IT mUST BE GOD!
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:53 pm

while were on the subject of god, if anyone wants to pray, pray for a girl from my church. shes 4 months pregnant and she just found out that the baby has down syndrome.
    PCNQtrack
    PCNQtrack
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1663
    Mile Time : 4:59
    Class : '11 BABY
    5000m XC Time : 16:59
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by PCNQtrack Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:13 pm

how old is she?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:23 pm

xc_babe09 wrote:while were on the subject of god, if anyone wants to pray, pray for a girl from my church. shes 4 months pregnant and she just found out that the baby has down syndrome.

of course were on the subject of god, what a dumb statement. the thread is called "where did god go." ppl amaze me
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:32 pm

Butch Cassidy wrote:"is it easier for people to live for themselves, or to give it all up to God? in this age, people try to do it themselves, and they fail."

Albert Einstein
    Abraham Lincoln
    Benjamin Franklin
    Billy Joel
    Freidrich Nietzsche
    Helen Keller
    Kurt Vonnegut
    John Lennon
    Mark Twain
    Thomas Edison
    Oscar Wilde
    Tom Leykis

it's easier to live the way you want to, but it is not the right way. we cant do things on our own, and we wont have a sucessful life if we do. We need somethig bigger and greater, and God wants to be that something.
    thoes people might have achieved great things, but the truth is that they could have achieved greater things through Christ. And how do you know they were truley happy? Just because thoes people are famous doesnt mean that they were happy living their lives. Fame only lasts a short time, but fame in Christ lasts forever.
    When you dont give yourself to God, there is going to be an empty hole in your life, that only God can fill. And no satasfaction will ever come out of anything you try to fill that hole with, until it becomes God.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:09 pm