Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+28
JK Runs
Adonai
Wgrt
T B K
ND XC 23
Just Because
Butch Cassidy
P2
Triathlete
funrunner
hxc
eternally_running
ButterySmoothStride
whenhen
xc_babe09
CT Track
PCNQtrack
Running With Scissors
BA_Sadie.
BagoXC25
NotChangingUntilSub5
FinishingKick
5280ft
AudienceOfOne
xotrackkgirl
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
Phuckduck
32 posters

Where Did God Go?????

CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Where Did God Go????? - Page 15 Empty Re: Where Did God Go?????

Post by CT Track Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 am

1. Le Bible was not written by god so politically if you so may call it, it is not an autobiography
    2. Religiously it's complete bullshit because God is not a living entity, nor does he have a life story. If we all understood this to be a "biography" then why does it not perceive God's life span and his creation. Rather we only look at stories of people getting eaten by whales, or mortal men killing jack in the beanstalk size figures. These stories are much similar to fairy tales that teach morals, yet here we are defining the Bible as a "biography." I shall continue to use "biography" because you don't seem to understand the difference.
    3. And grammatically I don't give a shit, but really.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 pm

CT Track wrote:1. Le Bible was not written by god so politically if you so may call it, it is not an autobiography
    2. Religiously it's complete bullshit because God is not a living entity, nor does he have a life story. If we all understood this to be a "biography" then why does it not perceive God's life span and his creation. Rather we only look at stories of people getting eaten by whales, or mortal men killing jack in the beanstalk size figures. These stories are much similar to fairy tales that teach morals, yet here we are defining the Bible as a "biography." I shall continue to use "biography" because you don't seem to understand the difference.
    3. And grammatically I don't give a shit, but really.
    1. 2 Timothy 3:16, "All scripture is God-breathed and should be used for teaching, rebuking, and training..." That is what i beleive. That is my faith.
    2. The purpose of the OT is to hammer down to the israelites(and us, later) just what kind of a God we have. It does not explain his creation because he was NEVER CREATED. And Jesus was God. Even if you can't beleive the OT is his auto-biography, you can believe that the Gospels are. Don't they fulfill your definition of a biography? You said that a biography as something that perceives life-span and creation. The Gospels reveal his creation(in earthly form) and his life span.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:28 pm

So if God is eternal, why does Jesus die?
    5280ft
    5280ft
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 375
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by 5280ft Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:26 pm

CT Track wrote:So if God is eternal, why does Jesus die?
    There are two parts to a person, their soul and their body. Jesus' soul is eternal.

"35But someone may ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?" 36How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39All flesh is not the same: Men have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.
    42So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body."
    1 Corinthians 35-44
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:29 pm

wtf? What defines a "soul" and aren't traditional souls eternal? I thought only the body died. What makes him special?

All of you make no sense when you try to defend the most common of loopholes in religion. If anything you create more loopholes in your reasoning.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:37 pm

CT Track wrote:So if God is eternal, why does Jesus die?
    He didn't. His body didn't, and his soul didn't. The reason he died for a short period of time, though, was for our sins. the only way for God to forgive our sins would be for the blood of a perfect person to be shed.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:41 pm

CT Track wrote:wtf? What defines a "soul" and aren't traditional souls eternal? I thought only the body died. What makes him special?

All of you make no sense when you try to defend the most common of loopholes in religion. If anything you create more loopholes in your reasoning.
    He was God? lol.

i'm creating loopholes now? your buddy adonai tried to give me a couple "loopholes" in my religion that obviously are not loopholes at all. maybe you just can't comprehend what we are trying to tell you.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 pm

He didn't. His body didn't, and his soul didn't. The reason he died for a short period of time, though, was for our sins. the only way for God to forgive our sins would be for the blood of a perfect person to be shed.

That quite possibly sounds like the dumbest theory in the world. I respect the idea that Jesus died for our sins and was brought back to life by God than the idea that Jesus was God and killed himself so we would worship him.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:19 pm

CT Track wrote:

That quite possibly sounds like the dumbest theory in the world. I respect the idea that Jesus died for our sins and was brought back to life by God than the idea that Jesus was God and killed himself so we would worship him.

if his body didn't die, and his soul didn't die, how was that a sacrifice? ok he got a couple nails driven through his wrists, but i would think that to someone with an understanding of the universe as all-encompassing as J's this would seem but trivial. the whole thing is kind of dumb, and i don't understand people's insistence on believing this crap. I mean, I'm cool with believing in some higher power (and i do hope one exists because i would rather not rot in the ground for eternity), but why must people be so stupid? Just accept the fact that their are some things which are impossible to know, and stop being so convinced that the crap you learned in sunday school must be true. I'm not belittling god; I only belittle the way people believe in a god.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 pm

CT Track wrote:

Both of the things you said are exactly the same, i don't see what the difference is. And he didn't kill himself, he just let himself be killed. He knew that to save us from our sin, he would have to bare the sin on his shoulders himself.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Adonai wrote:
    CT Track wrote:

if his body didn't die, and his soul didn't die, how was that a sacrifice? ok he got a couple nails driven through his wrists, but i would think that to someone with an understanding of the universe as all-encompassing as J's this would seem but trivial. the whole thing is kind of dumb, and i don't understand people's insistence on believing this crap. I mean, I'm cool with believing in some higher power (and i do hope one exists because i would rather not rot in the ground for eternity), but why must people be so stupid? Just accept the fact that their are some things which are impossible to know, and stop being so convinced that the crap you learned in sunday school must be true. I'm not belittling god; I only belittle the way people believe in a god.

Jesus did not pay for his own sins. John said "In Him there was no fault." It took a perfect person to pay for the sins of the imperfect, because if the person sinned, than by old law the punishment for that individual is death, so if an imperfect person tried to do what Christ did, they would fail because they would only be paying the price for the sins they committed. Jesus took on the crown of thorns(which in the whole bible has been in accordance with sin) and took the cross, a tool of torture, and laid on it for 6 hours.

are you suggesting that his body and soul should have died, and THAT would be enough of a sacrifice to pay for sin? what kind of victory is that? by raising up, he showed that by him we also have victory over the grave.

and i'm not an idiot, i know i don't know everything. but i know that i have complete faith in the bible. and i know that Jesus is Lord.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:11 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Adonai wrote:
    CT Track wrote:

Jesus did not pay for his own sins. John said "In Him there was no fault." It took a perfect person to pay for the sins of the imperfect, because if the person sinned, than by old law the punishment for that individual is death, so if an imperfect person tried to do what Christ did, they would fail because they would only be paying the price for the sins they committed. Jesus took on the crown of thorns(which in the whole bible has been in accordance with sin) and took the cross, a tool of torture, and laid on it for 6 hours.

are you suggesting that his body and soul should have died, and THAT would be enough of a sacrifice to pay for sin? what kind of victory is that? by raising up, he showed that by him we also have victory over the grave.

and i'm not an idiot, i know i don't know everything. but i know that i have complete faith in the bible. and i know that Jesus is Lord.

calm down. I think you missed my point.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:33 pm

You still don't make sense. You're not understanding my original point of the Jesusy and Le God and the souls and the bodies and the immortality all that mumbo jumbo that I mentioned, but am still too drunk to want to go through and explain it all. I'm just going to reiterate that you brought up nothing new and just elaborated on what you believed and did not defend your views in any way.
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 507
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by Wgrt Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:45 pm

In the end you have no proof.
    I have no proof either, so please don't state your beliefs as fact, they are not.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:07 pm

They are a fact to me. Don't tell me they're not. And this is an argument, and I'm just arguing and defending what i believe and what i said.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:44 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:They are a fact to me. Don't tell me they're not. And this is an argument, and I'm just arguing and defending what i believe and what i said.

just because you believe it does not make it fact. i can believe all i want that i am a turkey but we all know that is not a fact.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:26 pm

wait, your not a turkey?!?!?
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Wgrt Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:52 pm

alex-likes-running wrote:wait, your not a turkey?!?!?
    ahahahaa
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:58 pm

mmm I cant wait for thanksgiving =]
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:12 am

Pinthin wrote:mmm I cant wait for thanksgiving =]
    same! i love turkey & stuffing Very Happy
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:16 am

ahhh stuffing, I looked for some today and we didn't have any (the kind in a box..lol) its soo good. That and mashed potatos yum.

okay I'm done. haha
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Wgrt Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:50 pm

mmmmmmmmm and gravy
    but I think we are missing the point of this thread Very Happy
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:12 pm

I love mashed potatoes! Wow we are really off topic lol
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:13 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:They are a fact to me. Don't tell me they're not. And this is an argument, and I'm just arguing and defending what i believe and what i said.

just because you believe it does not make it fact. i can believe all i want that i am a turkey but we all know that is not a fact.

But it would make it a fact to you, wouldn't it?
    JK Runs
    Banned

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2008-10-01

Post by JK Runs Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:34 pm

The fact is Christians can't prove that god exsists but Athesists can't prove that god didn't exsist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:19 am