Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+15
eternally_running
Just Because
amherst_xc
XC_crazy
xotrackkgirl
P2
T B K
*sg*
Running With Scissors
Phuckduck
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
AudienceOfOne
Pinthin
ButterySmoothStride
19 posters

Religion is a neurosis

P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Religion is a neurosis - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion is a neurosis

Post by P2 Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:29 am

Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:no. watch the video. have you ever heard that archaeologists have logical evidence that they have found the noahs ark?

EDIT: Not to be mean but it does mean you have a low level of faith.

haha what??? when did I say I was a christian?? lol so yeah I guess I have no faith Neutral
    i dont mean for religion, thats clear. i mean in everything, if you dont have faith enough to believe in him its very possible you have no faith at all.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:30 am

cough cough by don piper NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER.
    XC_crazy
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 820
    Mile Time : 5:44
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:32
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by XC_crazy Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:35 am

Piper, just out of curiosity what branch of christianity are you? ex. Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, etc.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:38 am

P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:no. watch the video. have you ever heard that archaeologists have logical evidence that they have found the noahs ark?

EDIT: Not to be mean but it does mean you have a low level of faith.

haha what??? when did I say I was a christian?? lol so yeah I guess I have no faith Neutral
    i dont mean for religion, thats clear. i mean in everything, if you dont have faith enough to believe in him its very possible you have no faith at all.

I dont like believing in things I cant see or prove.

I'll use faith as a another word for trust, like I have faith that modern medicine will help me, but I dont have faith in god helping me.. hmmm I've tried explaining that before but I dont think I did it well enough. get it?? So no bottom line I dont have "faith"
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:43 am

P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

actually a loong time ago I was watching the history channel or something like that, and it was about noahs ark. I'm still skeptical about it, I would like more evidence that it was REALLY TRULY noahs ark.
    im being completely serious right now when i say have seen GOD. I have seen him in truly amazing ways on the way he is affecting my life. during the tornado, i was 45 seconds from death. I prayed to GOD saying that I know he is just testing my faith and I believe in him. 3 seconds later, the tornado raised. You know how my last name is piper. read my familys book 90 minutes in heaven.

Neutral I Think thats great you survived, but I bet if you didn't pray the tornado would have done the same. I know your not going to believe me or science when I say it wasn't the man in the sky that helped you, but honestly I think Christianity is good because its like "ignorance is bliss" you believe in something that makes you happy, even if it isnt real. And if it makes you happy then why not?? I just like searching for the truth.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:00 am

it is the truth and I swear it. the evidence is everywhere.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:11 pm

P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

actually a loong time ago I was watching the history channel or something like that, and it was about noahs ark. I'm still skeptical about it, I would like more evidence that it was REALLY TRULY noahs ark.
    im being completely serious right now when i say have seen GOD. I have seen him in truly amazing ways on the way he is affecting my life. during the tornado, i was 45 seconds from death. I prayed to GOD saying that I know he is just testing my faith and I believe in him. 3 seconds later, the tornado raised. You know how my last name is piper. read my familys book 90 minutes in heaven.
    that's some good posting right there. and i think i've heard of that, maybe i'll get it.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:12 pm

ATribeCalledGreg wrote:There is no real evidence of God anywhere. That's why it is called "faith".

Noah's Ark is a story for children and shouldn't be considered as anything more. One man cannot gather two of every creature on the entire planet and be able to feed them all in one boat.

I'm not a big knower of Bible stories, but explain to me how Adam and Eve were the only two people and now there are 6 billion of us... but incest is a sin right?
    it's a sin now.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:14 pm

XC_crazy wrote:Piper, just out of curiosity what branch of christianity are you? ex. Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, etc.
    i wish people would stop asking that stupid question. denominations suck.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:17 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    XC_crazy wrote:Piper, just out of curiosity what branch of christianity are you? ex. Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, etc.

confussed
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:17 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    If wishes were fishes there'd be no room for water!
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

Neutral I Think thats great you survived, but I bet if you didn't pray the tornado would have done the same. I know your not going to believe me or science when I say it wasn't the man in the sky that helped you, but honestly I think Christianity is good because its like "ignorance is bliss" you believe in something that makes you happy, even if it isnt real. And if it makes you happy then why not?? I just like searching for the truth.

you act like atheists have science completely on your side. you don't.

and you make it sound like all God is supposed to do for me is to make me happy. that's not true. i'll always praise God. i'll always worship Him, and He'll always be there. but that doesn't mean i'll always be happy. jesus said, "whoever loses his life will gain it". when you become a christian part of you is going to have to die. maybe you'll be forced to lose a hobby that get's in the way of worshipping God. or get rid of some friends that don't have the same ultimate goal that you do. but in the end, eternal life is worth sacrificing my earthly comfort.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:21 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    If wishes were fishes there'd be no room for water!
    lol
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:23 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

confussed
    Jesus' last prayer was for unity. So what do we do a couple hundred years after he dies? split the church up.

yea, things could be worse, but they definetly could be better.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:32 pm

I don't know what branch I am. I dont even know what the difference is.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Running With Scissors wrote:I don't know what branch I am. I dont even know what the difference is.
    there are noticeable differences. what's the name of your church?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:35 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

and you make it sound like all God is supposed to do for me is to make me happy. that's not true. i'll always praise God. i'll always worship Him, and He'll always be there. but that doesn't mean i'll always be happy. jesus said, "whoever loses his life will gain it". when you become a christian part of you is going to have to die. maybe you'll be forced to lose a hobby that get's in the way of worshipping God. or get rid of some friends that don't have the same ultimate goal that you do. but in the end, eternal life is worth sacrificing my earthly comfort.

UGHHGHAHGHGHGHGH angry scream

Okay, for the millionth, zillionth time.. JUST BECAUSE i'm not Christian that doesn’t make me an atheist. Seriously if I hear that again I’m going to go postal on someone Shocked 2 guns

Secondly, I surrender after this post.. Your are iiimpossible

If you believe the only reason he survived is because of god, not simply because the tornado stopped due to a lack of humid air (which tends to happen you know) , that’s great. I guess if I was in the same situation it would have killed me because I don’t think I would have prayed Neutral
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

Okay, for the millionth, zillionth time.. JUST BECAUSE i'm not Christian that doesn’t make me an atheist. Seriously if I hear that again I’m going to go postal on someone Shocked 2 guns

If you believe the only reason he survived is because of god, not simply because the tornado stopped due to a lack of humid air (which tends to happen you know) , that’s great. I guess if I was in the same situation it would have killed me because I don’t think I would have prayed Neutral
    ok.
    *cough*atheist*cough*

if you would've actually read my post, i didn't mention a tornado once.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:55 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

ok.
    *cough*atheist*cough*

if you would've actually read my post, i didn't mention a tornado once.

heh your pushing it buddy. Evil or Very Mad haha yoda

and I know after I pushed send I was like, well that had nothing to do with his post =/ haha oh well.
    xotrackkgirl
    xotrackkgirl
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1023
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by xotrackkgirl Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:02 pm

P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:

Good posting Pipe!
    amherst_xc
    amherst_xc
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 536
    Class : Junior
    800m Time : 2:15
    5000m XC Time : 18:54
    Half-Marathon Time : 9000
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by amherst_xc Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:12 pm

i hate all these stupid jesus threads.

fight me.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by Just Because Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:13 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    RawBeginner wrote: It is a response to deep emotional conflicts and weaknesses.

Did you ever think for just a second that you're the weak minded one, because you can't seem to grasp anything that can't be proven to you?

To believe in something, you have to believe it to be true and the only way to believe it to be true is to prove that it exists.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by Just Because Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:23 pm

P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    *sg* wrote:I believe in God, but I completely agree that it is entirely possible/likely that God was just something made up by cavemen to explain why the weather, or why sometimes they caught the mammoth and sometimes they didn't. But something still makes me believe. That said, I think that the problem with religion is it tends to make fundamentalists who completely close their mind to anyone elses ideas. People tend to forget that there is no concrete evidence proving God exists. So go ahead. You don't have to believe in God. And I completely understand where you're coming from

+1

just because you believe in god but are still open minded Very Happy
    tell me, if you heard something that proved that Father Son and Holy Spirit are in fact real, would you convert to a Christian?

If I somehow found out that it was all real then I would probably convert but right now i cannot say as to whether or not it is real and so I want to live my life as I please because you only get one.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:38 pm

Just Because wrote:
    P2 wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    *sg* wrote:I believe in God, but I completely agree that it is entirely possible/likely that God was just something made up by cavemen to explain why the weather, or why sometimes they caught the mammoth and sometimes they didn't. But something still makes me believe. That said, I think that the problem with religion is it tends to make fundamentalists who completely close their mind to anyone elses ideas. People tend to forget that there is no concrete evidence proving God exists. So go ahead. You don't have to believe in God. And I completely understand where you're coming from

+1

just because you believe in god but are still open minded Very Happy
    tell me, if you heard something that proved that Father Son and Holy Spirit are in fact real, would you convert to a Christian?

If I somehow found out that it was all real then I would probably convert but right now i cannot say as to whether or not it is real and so I want to live my life as I please because you only get one.
    no, someone once said that death is nothing but a doorstep to a different part of life. if you believe we were just put on this earth to live a nice, enjoyable life youre crazy. we arent necessarily meant to just enjoy life. after this life its not just done, you have plenty more time to enjoy life. its not a physical life its either heaven or hell. if you neglect jesus' gift of eternal life in a perfect heaven, you go to a lake of fire where you suffer for eternity called hell.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Post by P2 Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:39 pm

just for the record im evangelical.

the only division of the church i disagree with is catholic.

no offense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:51 pm