Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+24
mae2937
*sg*
amherst_xc
silly runner:)
TnF_T
RUNxxWILD07
BA_Sadie.
Running With Scissors
BagoXC25
runnergirl93
ButterySmoothStride
hannah
T B K
NotChangingUntilSub5
Through_the_Pain
ILOVEBRIE101
Pinthin
FinishingKick
futureNIKErunner
eternally_running
Just Because
runner4life92
baby got track
hxc
28 posters

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it)

FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 4 Empty Re: Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it)

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Elite marathoners do more than 90 mpw.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3510
    Mile Time : wat goes here again?
    Class : Sophmore
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 4 Empty Re: Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it)

Post by futureNIKErunner Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:52 pm

FinishingKick wrote:Elite marathoners do more than 90 mpw.

he said 100mph the last 6 or w/e weeks

the slower elite marathoners do 100mph. they are still elite. im not talking about people like ryan hall, haile, brian sell. ect.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Elite college runners run 100 mpw too, and that's what he's trying to be so I don't really see the problem with that
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:01 pm

FinishingKick wrote:Elite college runners run 100 mpw too, and that's what he's trying to be so I don't really see the problem with that

there is no problem but until i get some prs. and age. i dont have any respect for this guy. he just puts people down, and is very annoying and full of himself. lol who cares if he runs 100mph. he just not fun to talk to. all i want are some times. not asking for much here.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:09 pm

Why do you keep saying 100mph? I'm pretty sure no one can run that fast.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:16 pm

FinishingKick wrote:Why do you keep saying 100mph? I'm pretty sure no one can run that fast.

mpw. lol im not thinkin to well right now
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 139
    Location : IN ORDER TO FILL THIS BOX, I HAVE USED EXACTLY ONE HUNDRED LETTERS WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM LOL WUT
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:34 pm

HAHA WOW, JUST WHEN I THOUGHT FUTURENIKERUNNER COULDN'T GET ANY STUPIDER..

THE MILEAGE YOU RUN DOES NOT MAKE YOU "ELITE." JUST BECAUSE AN ELITE MARATHONER RUNS 120 MPW DOESNT MEAN THAT EVERYBODY WHO RUNS 120 MPW IS "ELITE."

LOL WOW, WHEN YOU WERE LIKE

"oh of course. 100mph. forgive me. lol. i didnt relize you were up there w/ the elite runners weekly mileage. and some elite marathoners. i should have assumed that. how arrogant of me."

ONE OF THE STUPIDEST POSTS I'VE READ.. SOME ELITE RUNNERS DON'T GO ABOVE 50. SO IF SOMEONE WAS RUNNING 50 MPW, I GUESS THEY'RE ELITE NOW HUH, CAUSE THEY'RE RUNNING THE SAME MILEAGE AS AN ELITE RUNNER?

PLENTY OF PEOPLE RUN THE SAME MILEAGE AS RYAN HALL, ARE THEY AS ELITE AS RYAN HALL NOW? ARE THEY "RIGHT UP THERE WITH THE ELITE PEOPLES MILEAGE"? JUST BECAUSE YOU AREN'T TOUGH ENOUGH TO HANDLE THE MILEAGE DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF US CAN'T. AND JUST BECAUSE YOU MIGHT THINK SOMETHING LIKE "50 MPW" DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF US DO (LOL 50 MPW IS VERY LOW FOR ME RIGHT NOW).

"he said 100mph the last 6 or w/e weeks

the slower elite marathoners do 100mph. they are still elite. im not talking about people like ryan hall, haile, brian sell. ect."

IS THERE A MULTI QUOTE FUNCTION? ANYWAY, AGAIN YOU SHOW YOUR TOTAL IGNORANCE. SOME ELITE MARATHONERS JUST DO MAYBE 70. SOME DO 130. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND YOU JUST EMBARRASS YOURSELF MORE WHEN YOU KEEP POSTING. AND I WAS QUITE A BIT OVER 100 MPW THE LAST ~2 MONTHS.

AND IF YOU READ BACK IN THE THREAD, YOU'LL NOTICE I GAVE A GENERAL IDEA OF WHERE MY 5K TIME WAS AND AN EXPLANATION. READING COMPREHENSION/ACCURACY = GOOD. MAYBE YOU'LL LEARN ALL ABOUT IT SOMEDAY.
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 995
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm really not trying to say anything in this, but once you break 15 or go to NCAA, people aren't gonna believe you without proof. Just saying.
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 146
    Mile Time : running. duh.
    Class : :)
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by silly runner:) Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:32 pm

that was a really good article. really long though.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:18 am

ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:HAHA WOW, JUST WHEN I THOUGHT FUTURENIKERUNNER COULDN'T GET ANY STUPIDER..

THE MILEAGE YOU RUN DOES NOT MAKE YOU "ELITE." JUST BECAUSE AN ELITE MARATHONER RUNS 120 MPW DOESNT MEAN THAT EVERYBODY WHO RUNS 120 MPW IS "ELITE."

LOL WOW, WHEN YOU WERE LIKE

"oh of course. 100mph. forgive me. lol. i didnt relize you were up there w/ the elite runners weekly mileage. and some elite marathoners. i should have assumed that. how arrogant of me."

ONE OF THE STUPIDEST POSTS I'VE READ.. SOME ELITE RUNNERS DON'T GO ABOVE 50. SO IF SOMEONE WAS RUNNING 50 MPW, I GUESS THEY'RE ELITE NOW HUH, CAUSE THEY'RE RUNNING THE SAME MILEAGE AS AN ELITE RUNNER?

PLENTY OF PEOPLE RUN THE SAME MILEAGE AS RYAN HALL, ARE THEY AS ELITE AS RYAN HALL NOW? ARE THEY "RIGHT UP THERE WITH THE ELITE PEOPLES MILEAGE"? JUST BECAUSE YOU AREN'T TOUGH ENOUGH TO HANDLE THE MILEAGE DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF US CAN'T. AND JUST BECAUSE YOU MIGHT THINK SOMETHING LIKE "50 MPW" DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF US DO (LOL 50 MPW IS VERY LOW FOR ME RIGHT NOW).

"he said 100mph the last 6 or w/e weeks

the slower elite marathoners do 100mph. they are still elite. im not talking about people like ryan hall, haile, brian sell. ect."

IS THERE A MULTI QUOTE FUNCTION? ANYWAY, AGAIN YOU SHOW YOUR TOTAL IGNORANCE. SOME ELITE MARATHONERS JUST DO MAYBE 70. SOME DO 130. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND YOU JUST EMBARRASS YOURSELF MORE WHEN YOU KEEP POSTING. AND I WAS QUITE A BIT OVER 100 MPW THE LAST ~2 MONTHS.

AND IF YOU READ BACK IN THE THREAD, YOU'LL NOTICE I GAVE A GENERAL IDEA OF WHERE MY 5K TIME WAS AND AN EXPLANATION. READING COMPREHENSION/ACCURACY = GOOD. MAYBE YOU'LL LEARN ALL ABOUT IT SOMEDAY.

lol i actually read all that
    i know im not an expert on running. and i dont really get embarrased over the internet. lol
    im just gonna end this and say you are smarter, better, faster, stronger, wiser, ect ect. i cant believe i even tried to out do you. forgive me. i obviously dont know my place in this life. ill lower myself just a little so i am under you. since you work so much harder than all of us. and we dont know wat pain and exhaustion is becuase we cant put in 100mile weeks. ill will admit. if i went out and ran 100miles next week i would prob injure myself for a long time. but i am happy w/ my pathetic 30-40mpw. and i guess i have no hope in my future since WE ALL KNOW higher mileage=faster times. . but who is the "rest of us" lol no one else on here runs that much a week. and i know i am not tough. your gonna have to teach me to push myself if u ever can take the time out of your busy lunch schedule w/ your elite friends.
    but lets end this, i have nothing else to say. and we are basically saying the same thing over and over and over. and i just keep getting my @ss kicked.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:16 am

Sub 15 isn't very good for a D1 college runner, so I hope I don't hurt your feelings with this fact. At the D3 college I'm going to we had a runner go 14:20's. Indoor. Aim for a time like that, then come onto a high schoolers website and brag.

Oh, and he only averaged 70 mpw.
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Location : IN ORDER TO FILL THIS BOX, I HAVE USED EXACTLY ONE HUNDRED LETTERS WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM LOL WUT

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:46 am

BagoXC25 wrote:Sub 15 isn't very good for a D1 college runner, so I hope I don't hurt your feelings with this fact. At the D3 college I'm going to we had a runner go 14:20's. Indoor. Aim for a time like that, then come onto a high schoolers website and brag.

Oh, and he only averaged 70 mpw.

1) UHH I KNOW THAT, BUT REALIZE THAT ITS GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON ALMOST ANY TOP 10 NCAA TEAM (AND I MEAN, TOP 7) WITH MAYBE THE EXCEPTION OF OREGON. AND MY 5K PR IS WEAK RIGHT NOW, I CAN BEAT THAT EASILY. BESIDES, YOU DONT EVEN RUN THE 5K AT NCAA.
    2) WHAT'S YOUR POINT? SYMMONDS WAS 1:45 HIS SENIOR YEAR AND PRETTY MUCH ALL D1 RUNNERS ARE SLOWER THAN THAT. SO I GUESS ALL THOSE D1 1:47 RUNNERS ARE TERRIBLE USING YOUR COMPARISON Rolling Eyes D3 DOES PRODUCE A FEW GOOD ATHLETES.. OBVIOUSLY NOWHERE NEAR AS MANY AS D1, BUT OCCASIONALLY MAYBE A RANDOM ONE WILL SPRING OUT..
    3) I WASNT BRAGGING, PLEASE GO AND READ THAT PART AGAIN, I WAS ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS. AGAIN, READING COMPREHENSION = GOOD. MAYBE YOU'LL LEARN THAT ONE DAY AT YOUR D3 COLLEGE.
    4) WHAT'S YOUR POINT? SOME PEOPLE CAN RUN 14:00 OFF OF 60 MPW, SOME PEOPLE IT TAKES 140 MPW, MOST PEOPLE WILL NEVER RUN IT. IT'S CALLED NATURAL TALENT, DON'T KNOW IF YOU'VE HEARD OF IT.
    amherst_xc
    amherst_xc
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 536
    Class : Junior
    800m Time : 2:15
    5000m XC Time : 18:54
    Half-Marathon Time : 9000
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by amherst_xc Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:56 am

CAPS IS LIKE CRUISE CONTROL TO AWESOMENESS RIGHT?!?
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:56 pm

I don't want to start another argument over the whole "natural talent"
    thing, so I'm going to have to go with no comment on the last part.

But my point was not that D3 doesn't create good runners, but that if you are supposedly going to a D1 school that has a shot at top 10, you aren't going to make it with just a sub-15 5k (or equivelent 8k-10k). So maybe you should just set your goals higher or something.
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:41 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:I don't want to start another argument over the whole "natural talent"
    thing, so I'm going to have to go with no comment on the last part.

But my point was not that D3 doesn't create good runners, but that if you are supposedly going to a D1 school that has a shot at top 10, you aren't going to make it with just a sub-15 5k (or equivelent 8k-10k). So maybe you should just set your goals higher or something.

SUB 15 IS NOT MY GOAL.. I JUST SAID THAT I AM PRETTY SURE AT THIS POINT THAT I CAN GO UNDER 15 BASED ON MY TRAINING AND SOME OF THE WORK IVE BEEN DOING. IF I SAID ANYTHING ELSE, I MUST HAVE WROTE SOMETHING WRONG.

MID-LOW 14S WILL USUALLY GET YOU ONTO THE TOP 7 OF ANY NCAA TEAM EXCEPT MAYBE OREGON (NOT SURE ON THIS, I THINK THE MERCADOS HAVE MID-LOW 14S PRS THOUGH), LIKE I SAID. THOUGH USUALLY OF COURSE, YOULL BE LIKE THE #6 OR #7.
    Through_the_Pain
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Mile Time : ???
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by Through_the_Pain Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 pm

amherst_xc wrote:CAPS IS LIKE CRUISE CONTROL TO AWESOMENESS RIGHT?!?

LOL agree
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 358
    Registration date : 2008-06-27

Post by *sg* Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:11 am

well, to get back on topic about the article... I would definately like to try running barefoot, but I don't know where to do it. I don't think it's a good idea to try on the road, but I don't have any big grassy areas around me. so, for those of you who tried it, where did you run?
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:16 am

*sg* wrote:well, to get back on topic about the article... I would definately like to try running barefoot, but I don't know where to do it. I don't think it's a good idea to try on the road, but I don't have any big grassy areas around me. so, for those of you who tried it, where did you run?

i never have tried it before but i want to soon and i will prob like start on grass and then move to the track. but never anywhere else.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:25 am

Through_the_Pain wrote:
    amherst_xc wrote:CAPS IS LIKE CRUISE CONTROL TO AWESOMENESS RIGHT?!?

LOL agree

i was about to say something about that
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12

Post by hxc Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:14 pm

*sg* wrote:well, to get back on topic about the article... I would definately like to try running barefoot, but I don't know where to do it. I don't think it's a good idea to try on the road, but I don't have any big grassy areas around me. so, for those of you who tried it, where did you run?

I ran at the county park this morning. I'm planning on running on the soccer fields behind my school tomorrow morning. Just starting by jogging around your backyard for 10-15 minutes after your runs for a couple days then start actually doing a real run barefoot. In another article he said that after 1-2 months his runners felt comfortable running on trails barefoot, because they developed a leather-like surface on the bottom of their feet, and their foot muscles were significantly stronger.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:17 pm

futureNIKErunner wrote:

i never have tried it before but i want to soon and i will prob like start on grass and then move to the track. but never anywhere else.

Doing it on the track will do nothing for you. The whole idea is to run on an uneven surface so that the foot muscles have to react do changes in the terrain. The track is as flat as a running surface can get. Stick to grass, and then trails after a while. There was a video somewhere (I think it was on kenyanway.com) of a bunch of kenyan runners running on gravel BAREFOOT. They said it didn't hurt them at all because the bottom of their feet became callused and tough after running barefoot their whole lives. But please, don't run on gravel.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:26 pm

My runs are all on pavement so I guess the barefoot thing wouldn't work out?? My coach

would make us do strides barefoot in the grass...so we have a little barefoot running.

I've just been running around the perimeter of my property which is pretty grassy/woodsy, I feel like an Indian. Maybe I should invest in a spear Cool
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:32 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:

Doing it on the track will do nothing for you. The whole idea is to run on an uneven surface so that the foot muscles have to react do changes in the terrain. The track is as flat as a running surface can get. Stick to grass, and then trails after a while. There was a video somewhere (I think it was on kenyanway.com) of a bunch of kenyan runners running on gravel BAREFOOT. They said it didn't hurt them at all because the bottom of their feet became callused and tough after running barefoot their whole lives. But please, don't run on gravel.

i wont, ill just go get some broken glass and if that doesnt toughen up my feet i dont know wat will. Very Happy
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:40 pm

Pinthin wrote:My runs are all on pavement so I guess the barefoot thing wouldn't work out?? My coach

would make us do strides barefoot in the grass...so we have a little barefoot running.

I've just been running around the perimeter of my property which is pretty grassy/woodsy, I feel like an Indian. Maybe I should invest in a spear Cool

haha, nice. You could also go to a track and run around the inside or outside of the track, just not on the track. The key is to make the surface uneven. How far is the perimeter of your property?
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:41 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:27 am