Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+24
mae2937
*sg*
amherst_xc
silly runner:)
TnF_T
RUNxxWILD07
BA_Sadie.
Running With Scissors
BagoXC25
runnergirl93
ButterySmoothStride
hannah
T B K
NotChangingUntilSub5
Through_the_Pain
ILOVEBRIE101
Pinthin
FinishingKick
futureNIKErunner
eternally_running
Just Because
runner4life92
baby got track
hxc
28 posters

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it)

FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 3 Empty Re: Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it)

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:20 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:Ok your right, kenyans and ethiopians are wrong. Close the thread I guess...

Do you not see the difference?

Kenyans and Ethiopians spend their whole live barefoot. They don't decide to start running barefoot a little when they are teenagers, they walk everywhere barefoot, they run barefoot, they have developed the foot strength to do it.

To think you can just start doing that one day for no real reason is ridiculous.

REGARDLESS, there is no reason to think that running barefoot is going to help you at all anyway. People who think running shoes actually increase the chance of injury are just conspiracy theorists. They are a dime a dozen and are just looking to make excuses.

If any of you start running barefoot, you will hurt yourself, bottom line. It won't make you more injury proof, it won't make you faster, it will make you break down and have to take a few weeks off training.

So don't come in here and start condescending about how I must be stupid because some east Africans don't wear shoes.
    Actually, if we all started running barefoot a little bit at a time, by the time we were in our twenty's, it would be a regular part of our training regime and would certainly have helped us.

Also, doing strides barefoot helps you to build a better stride.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 3 Empty Re: Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it)

Post by BA_Sadie. Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:23 pm

FinishingKick wrote:I use that site a lot, I've been wanting to run barefoot for a while, but there's no place to do it.

we do barefoot fartlek runs i love them...i just love being barefoot all the time.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:25 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:Ok your right, kenyans and ethiopians are wrong. Close the thread I guess...

Do you not see the difference?

Kenyans and Ethiopians spend their whole live barefoot. They don't decide to start running barefoot a little when they are teenagers, they walk everywhere barefoot, they run barefoot, they have developed the foot strength to do it.

To think you can just start doing that one day for no real reason is ridiculous.

REGARDLESS, there is no reason to think that running barefoot is going to help you at all anyway. People who think running shoes actually increase the chance of injury are just conspiracy theorists. They are a dime a dozen and are just looking to make excuses.

If any of you start running barefoot, you will hurt yourself, bottom line. It won't make you more injury proof, it won't make you faster, it will make you break down and have to take a few weeks off training.

So don't come in here and start condescending about how I must be stupid because some east Africans don't wear shoes.

lol i run barefoot all the time not because i think it will help me just because its fun and im always barefoot lol. im careful though and i've done it since like forever so i think im okay?
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3510
    Mile Time : wat goes here again?
    Class : Sophmore

Post by futureNIKErunner Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:47 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    Through_the_Pain wrote:never heard of McDougal but ill look him up

YOU SICKEN ME

THAT'S PATHETIC.

WOW...

It's pathetic that somebody doesn't study elite distance running? No, it's not!
    It's pathetic that someone trolls a random running forum all day impersonating people who have actually made something of themselves.

And if you know all these elite distance runners so well, and "hang out" with them, then please tell me, what's your name?

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?

YOU DONT HAVE TO "STUDY" ELITE RUNNING TO KNOW WHO MCDOUGAL IS, CONSIDERING WHAT HES DONE..

THATS JUST SAD IF YOU DONT KNOW WHO HE IS.

AND I DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT, SO YOU SHOULD PROBABLY STOP BEFORE YOU SOUND LIKE EVEN MORE OF AN IDIOT THAN YOU DO NOW, JUS SAYIN.

AND UMM, U STOCKIN?

AND IM NOT FRAUDIN, ITS NOT REALLY THAT "HARD" TO MEET "ELITE" RUNNERS.

WE'LL WAIT AND SEE, I WANT TO WAIT TILL I HAVE ONE GOOD SEASON UNDER MY BELT AFTER ALL OF THIS TRAINING

So you don't even run in elite meets, yet somehow you meet elite runners? This is your worst impersonation yet.

...DID I EVER SAY THAT?

FIRST OF ALL, YOU DONT HAVE TO RUN IN ELITE MEETS (THOUGH I DONT THINK I SAID I DIDNT BUT WHATEVER WE CAN STOP ON THAT TOPIC)
    SECOND OF ALL, IM TRAINING LIKE CRAZY IN HOPES OF MAKING THAT ****IN NCAA TEAM
    THIRD OF ALL, AGAIN I DONT KNOW WHAT IMPERSONATING YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

HAVE A GOOD DAY

its highly doubtful you will make it.
    sorry to tell u this. Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 3 C0fcb165c2fba416c48040fae1a5b091f387f4015582e8d621bd4029a65003cfda18052f92cdcfdd52052bff0a19116

DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT SINCE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY TRAINING AND HOW MUCH IM TRAINING RIGHT NOW

BUT WHATEVER, WE'LL SEE IN NOVEMBER

lol and you dont know nothing about my training and how much i work my @ss off everyday. so i dont wanna hear nothing bout me not makin it. and i will shut my mouth about u not makin it.

...I WOULD BET THAT RIGHT NOW I AM PROBABLY DOING MORE THAN DOUBLE THE MILEAGE THAT YOURE DOING RIGHT NOW

AND ITS A LOT, LOT HARDER TO BECOME "PRO" THAN TO RUN AT NCAA. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I HAVE A MUCH HIGHER CHANCE (CONSIDERING MY PRS ARE A LOT BETTER) I DONT THINK YOU REALIZE HOW HARD IT IS TO GO PRO OR HOW MUCH TALENT IT TAKES

JUS SAYIN.

and you keep talkin about these prs of mine. lets hear them. but u are probably my age and a male. wat a coincidence. so i dont have any exuseses right? lol
    and i doubt u are doing double my mileage.

u are all talk. but u dont give us prs, how old, your gender. grade anything. Rolling Eyes
    You did 32 miles this past week (according to the weekly thread). Anyone trying to get anywhere in college running (let alone NCAAs) would easily be doing at least 64 miles a week right now.

i dont deny my low mileage @ all. i just do better on mileage between 30-40 mpw. anything higher and my training just gets slower. cause 75% of that is hard too.
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 995
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:53 pm

ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:

DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT SINCE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY TRAINING AND HOW MUCH IM TRAINING RIGHT NOW

lol and you dont know nothing about my training and how much i work my @ss off everyday. so i dont wanna hear nothing bout me not makin it. and i will shut my mouth about u not makin it.

...I WOULD BET THAT RIGHT NOW I AM PROBABLY DOING MORE THAN DOUBLE THE MILEAGE THAT YOURE DOING RIGHT NOW

AND ITS A LOT, LOT HARDER TO BECOME "PRO" THAN TO RUN AT NCAA. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I HAVE A MUCH HIGHER CHANCE (CONSIDERING MY PRS ARE A LOT BETTER) I DONT THINK YOU REALIZE HOW HARD IT IS TO GO PRO OR HOW MUCH TALENT IT TAKES

JUS SAYIN.

ILOVEBRIE, no one is gonna believe that you are putting in tons of miles and have amazing PR's if you don't say your PR's or what you are running, or if you don't give proof, you just come on here and say your better and talk about brie.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:09 pm

futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:

YOU SICKEN ME

THAT'S PATHETIC.

WOW...

It's pathetic that someone trolls a random running forum all day impersonating people who have actually made something of themselves.

And if you know all these elite distance runners so well, and "hang out" with them, then please tell me, what's your name?

YOU DONT HAVE TO "STUDY" ELITE RUNNING TO KNOW WHO MCDOUGAL IS, CONSIDERING WHAT HES DONE..

AND I DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT, SO YOU SHOULD PROBABLY STOP BEFORE YOU SOUND LIKE EVEN MORE OF AN IDIOT THAN YOU DO NOW, JUS SAYIN.

AND UMM, U STOCKIN?

WE'LL WAIT AND SEE, I WANT TO WAIT TILL I HAVE ONE GOOD SEASON UNDER MY BELT AFTER ALL OF THIS TRAINING

So you don't even run in elite meets, yet somehow you meet elite runners? This is your worst impersonation yet.

...DID I EVER SAY THAT?

FIRST OF ALL, YOU DONT HAVE TO RUN IN ELITE MEETS (THOUGH I DONT THINK I SAID I DIDNT BUT WHATEVER WE CAN STOP ON THAT TOPIC)

HAVE A GOOD DAY

sorry to tell u this. Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 3 C0fcb165c2fba416c48040fae1a5b091f387f4015582e8d621bd4029a65003cfda18052f92cdcfdd52052bff0a19116

JUS SAYIN.

and you keep talkin about these prs of mine. lets hear them. but u are probably my age and a male. wat a coincidence. so i dont have any exuseses right? lol

u are all talk. but u dont give us prs, how old, your gender. grade anything. Rolling Eyes
    You did 32 miles this past week (according to the weekly thread). Anyone trying to get anywhere in college running (let alone NCAAs) would easily be doing at least 64 miles a week right now.

i dont deny my low mileage @ all. i just do better on mileage between 30-40 mpw. anything higher and my training just gets slower. cause 75% of that is hard too.
    I was proving the fact that he is doing more than twice the miles you are.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:01 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:I read the whole thing, and I thought it was a good article. I really like all he had to say about Lydiard, because (even though I KNOW he is an amazing coach) he is the kind of coach that is "hidden under the carpet" in the running world.

I completely agree with barefoot running and strengthening the feet in general. In trampoline, foot strength is pretty much the key to stability and we worked our feet A LOT. I think that has been one of the main reasons why I don't get injured.

And I might try nasal breathing, because I have an awful breathing problem whenever I race or do workouts, and it scares me and the people I run with. Kind of sounds like I could die at any moment...but anyways I'll try it and see if it helps.
    +1, I'm gonna start running barefoot.

This is why this article is fucking trolling. You are going to pull a muscle in your foot, get a stress fracture, or develop some other foot issue if you start running barefoot even 5 miles a week. Don't listen to all his queer rhetoric, he is just prattling on because his son sucks and he doesn't want to think it is because his son just naturally sucks.

Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 3 Close Read more >> Options >>
    Very interesting article. (More stuff, read it) - Page 3 Answers-logo

And that's why you slowly ease into it, like everything else in running.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:08 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:

YOU SICKEN ME

THAT'S PATHETIC.

WOW...

AND UMM, U STOCKIN?

...DID I EVER SAY THAT?

HAVE A GOOD DAY

JUS SAYIN.

oh ic. so hes doing 60-80mph
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:08 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    BagoXC25 wrote:I read the whole thing, and I thought it was a good article. I really like all he had to say about Lydiard, because (even though I KNOW he is an amazing coach) he is the kind of coach that is "hidden under the carpet" in the running world.

I completely agree with barefoot running and strengthening the feet in general. In trampoline, foot strength is pretty much the key to stability and we worked our feet A LOT. I think that has been one of the main reasons why I don't get injured.

And I might try nasal breathing, because I have an awful breathing problem whenever I race or do workouts, and it scares me and the people I run with. Kind of sounds like I could die at any moment...but anyways I'll try it and see if it helps.

This is why this article is fucking trolling. You are going to pull a muscle in your foot, get a stress fracture, or develop some other foot issue if you start running barefoot even 5 miles a week. Don't listen to all his queer rhetoric, he is just prattling on because his son sucks and he doesn't want to think it is because his son just naturally sucks.

I would say the biggest problem with high school track is this. That all this random cross shit is perceived as being helpful.

You won't get ANY faster at running if you run barefoot. Your feet will get strained, and you will get injured. OR, you will be able to run barefoot, and then what? You get muscular feet. Whoopdie shit. That won't do bunk for your running economy, it will just make it so you can run barefoot if you want.

Don't take risks on shit like this. It won't help you.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:32 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:

I would say the biggest problem with high school track is this. That all this random cross shit is perceived as being helpful.

You won't get ANY faster at running if you run barefoot. Your feet will get strained, and you will get injured. OR, you will be able to run barefoot, and then what? You get muscular feet. Whoopdie shit. That won't do bunk for your running economy, it will just make it so you can run barefoot if you want.

It will help your stride. Rolling Eyes
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:45 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    Running With Scissors wrote:I tried running a 6 mile tempo today without breathing through my mouth. It didnt work.

Did you even read the article? He said you're going to have to slow down your paces a lot before you get used to it.

I did. I slowed it down to about 7 minute miles thats about a minute slower than normal. If I go slower than that I will get out of shape and the long term help doesn't seem worth it. Yes I read the entire breathing part.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:46 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:

First of all, this isn't cross training. This is still running.

Second of all, strong feet and ankles increase stride length and running economy like crazy.

Nobodies forcing you to do it, so don't.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:05 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:

Second of all, strong feet and ankles increase stride length and running economy like crazy.

First of all, THAT IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

Second of all, no, that isn't true, the guy who wrote the article didn't even try to claim that, he said this was a method of injury prevention.

And that is gay reasoning, this is a discussion forum, and you want to injure yourself. I have the right to call you stupid.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:17 pm

Heres my verdict. I ran 15 minutes barefoot today on grass and only breathed through my nose. My heart rate was higher than usual, but when I sprinted for 2 minutes during it, i was much calmer and much more relaxed. Breathing was harder, but my mind and body felt better. I also loved the feeling of barefoot running.

How about everyone at least tries some of this before they give their reasons for loving/hating it.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:19 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:Heres my verdict. I ran 15 minutes barefoot today on grass and only breathed through my nose. My heart rate was higher than usual, but when I sprinted for 2 minutes during it, i was much calmer and much more relaxed. Breathing was harder, but my mind and body felt better. I also loved the feeling of barefoot running.

How about everyone at least tries some of this before they give their reasons for loving/hating it.

I did this (kinda in my own way) , my arches hurt a little bit afterwards but I agree with the breathing. I try to breath through my nose as much as I can at the start of a race.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:28 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:

First of all, THAT IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

Second of all, no, that isn't true, the guy who wrote the article didn't even try to claim that, he said this was a method of injury prevention.

And that is gay reasoning, this is a discussion forum, and you want to injure yourself. I have the right to call you stupid.

From the article:

Barefoot running in effect teaches us to land lightly, and this is a form of efficiency found in Africans, but virtually non-existent in Americans from what I have seen. Americans crash their feet into the ground because their feet cannot see. They are blindfolded by the cushioning. Americans are oblivious to what is going on. I first noticed this at the NCAA Regional Cross-Country Final in Boston at Franklin Park two years ago. Iona's Kiplagat, an African, won the 10K in under 30 minutes. Like Luka and Lomong, he landed his feet like a feather. Likewise, he sprung up after each landing due to powerful muscular strength coming from his feet. When I watched the Americans, the difference was clear. Can you imagine how much energy is wasted when one crashes his foot into the ground?

Also, you keep trying to tell us that if we run barefoot we'll get injured. Now you say that it's only to prevent injury? Even it does only prevent injury, then what's the harm in doing it?
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 139
    Location : IN ORDER TO FILL THIS BOX, I HAVE USED EXACTLY ONE HUNDRED LETTERS WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM LOL WUT
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:00 pm

futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:

YOU SICKEN ME

THAT'S PATHETIC.

WOW...

AND UMM, U STOCKIN?

...DID I EVER SAY THAT?

HAVE A GOOD DAY

JUS SAYIN.

HAHA UHH NO

LOL I FIND IT FUNNY THAT YOU SAY "I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU ARE DOING DOUBLE MY MILEAGE" AND YOU ONLY RUN 30-40 MPW, LAST WEEK BEING 32..

I'M DOING A LOT MORE THAN TRIPLE YOUR MILEAGE LOL

AND TO GIVE SOME BACKGROUND..

MY 5K PR IS SLOW BECAUSE I RAN IT OFF OF BEING SICK (COMING BACK FROM A SICKNESS) AND FELT HORRIBLE THE WHOLE RACE. I KNOW I CAN DROP IT DOWN A TON.

- GO TO A DIVISION 1 NCAA SCHOOL THAT HAS VERY, VERY GOOD SHOTS OF FINISHING TOP 10 (HECK, TOP 5 TOO) AT NCAA. REASON IM TRAINING LIKE CRAZY IS SO I CAN MAKE THE ****IN NCAA TEAM (TOP 7 ON THE TEAM) AND RUN IN THE MEET. IM GOING TO FIGURE OUT MY FITNESS AT A MEET WE HAVE VERY EARLY ON.. IN 1-2 MONTHS OR SO...

- LASTLY OVER THE COURSE OF THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I MIGHT POST MORE STUFF BUT I DONT WANT TO ACT LIKE "OH, IM GOING TO MAKE TOP 7" BECAUSE WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:09 pm

So we still don't know your PR's...There are high schoolers on here that are faster than you I bet.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:20 pm

ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:

YOU SICKEN ME

THAT'S PATHETIC.

WOW...

AND UMM, U STOCKIN?

...DID I EVER SAY THAT?

HAVE A GOOD DAY

JUS SAYIN.

HAHA UHH NO

LOL I FIND IT FUNNY THAT YOU SAY "I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU ARE DOING DOUBLE MY MILEAGE" AND YOU ONLY RUN 30-40 MPW, LAST WEEK BEING 32..

MY 5K PR IS SLOW BECAUSE I RAN IT OFF OF BEING SICK (COMING BACK FROM A SICKNESS) AND FELT HORRIBLE THE WHOLE RACE. I KNOW I CAN DROP IT DOWN A TON.

- GO TO A DIVISION 1 NCAA SCHOOL THAT HAS VERY, VERY GOOD SHOTS OF FINISHING TOP 10 (HECK, TOP 5 TOO) AT NCAA. REASON IM TRAINING LIKE CRAZY IS SO I CAN MAKE THE ****IN NCAA TEAM (TOP 7 ON THE TEAM) AND RUN IN THE MEET. IM GOING TO FIGURE OUT MY FITNESS AT A MEET WE HAVE VERY EARLY ON.. IN 1-2 MONTHS OR SO...

- LASTLY OVER THE COURSE OF THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I MIGHT POST MORE STUFF BUT I DONT WANT TO ACT LIKE "OH, IM GOING TO MAKE TOP 7" BECAUSE WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN

i highly doubt your are doing 90+ miles per week
    uless your are like an elite senior or something.
    and my 5k pr is slow cause i started out to fast. and i mean really to fast. the 2 mile split was 17 sec faster than my track pr. so thats my excuse. and i really dont care if people have excuses. im actually for them
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:21 pm

and im just a poor little freshman. go easy on me. Crying or Very sad
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:22 pm

BagoXC25 wrote:So we still don't know your PR's...There are high schoolers on here that are faster than you I bet.
    Not if he's planning on going to NCAAs.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try

Post by TnF_T Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:55 pm

If he was planning on going to ncaa's, i'd imagine he wouldn't be too embarassed about his times to post them

On a side note
    so thats my excuse. and i really dont care if people have excuses. im actually for them
    That is hilarious
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Location : IN ORDER TO FILL THIS BOX, I HAVE USED EXACTLY ONE HUNDRED LETTERS WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM LOL WUT

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:00 pm

UMM NO I SAW THE LISTS AND IM THE FASTEST FOR MOST OF THE STUFF. MY 5K PR IS BAD BUT MY 3200 AND STUFF IS BETTER (LIKE I SAID BECAUSE 5K WAS RUN SICK)

BUT IF I TOLD YOU YOU COULD PROBABLY LOOK ME UP (NO STOCKIN)

ILL JUST SAY THAT MY 5K IS 15:XX BUT I THINK I HAVE A REALLY GOOD SHOT AT GETTING UNDER 15 (LIKE I SAID, BECAUSE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES THE 5K WAS RUN UNDER) THIS YEAR.

AND NOT ABOUT BEING "EMBARRASSED" ABOUT THE TIMES, ITS THAT I DONT WANT TO "CLAIM" THINGS (LIKE RUNNING AT NCAAS) BEFORE THEY HAPPEN, BECAUSE (I THINK I SAID THIS BEFORE) ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.
    ILOVEBRIE101
    Pro
    Pro

Post by ILOVEBRIE101 Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm

futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:

YOU SICKEN ME

THAT'S PATHETIC.

WOW...

AND UMM, U STOCKIN?

...DID I EVER SAY THAT?

HAVE A GOOD DAY

JUS SAYIN.

HAHA UHH NO

and my 5k pr is slow cause i started out to fast. and i mean really to fast. the 2 mile split was 17 sec faster than my track pr. so thats my excuse. and i really dont care if people have excuses. im actually for them

AND YES.. UMMM 90 MPW ISNT MUCH. IVE BEEN QUITE A BIT OVER 100 FOR THE LAST 6-8 WEEKS.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:48 pm

ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ILOVEBRIE101 wrote:

YOU SICKEN ME

THAT'S PATHETIC.

WOW...

AND UMM, U STOCKIN?

...DID I EVER SAY THAT?

HAVE A GOOD DAY

JUS SAYIN.

HAHA UHH NO

AND YES.. UMMM 90 MPW ISNT MUCH. IVE BEEN QUITE A BIT OVER 100 FOR THE LAST 6-8 WEEKS.

oh of course. 100mph. forgive me. lol. i didnt relize you were up there w/ the elite runners weekly mileage. and some elite marathoners. i should have assumed that. how arrogant of me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:12 am