Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+21
funrunner
Just Because
hxc
Phuckduck
baby got track
P2
thelagwagon
xc_babe09
BA_Sadie.
runner_dude
RUNxxWILD07
Running With Scissors
AudienceOfOne
The Riddler
NotChangingUntilSub5
T B K
Kugar
Pinthin
futureNIKErunner
alex-likes-running
ND XC 23
25 posters

I hate smoking.

Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

I hate smoking. - Page 3 Empty Re: I hate smoking.

Post by Pinthin Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 pm

"these findings dont give marijuana a clean bill of health,' Block said"

um yeah okay..seriously?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071217110328.htm OH another little tidbit I found, that proves marijuana isnt a clean bill of health Razz

and yes, I'll agree I'm terrible with arguments, I always lose in class so you can feel superior over me as much as you want, its not saying much though. haha yeah. moon <-- just because I felt like it. And learn a little chivalry wont you? Wink
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:14 pm

Pinthin wrote:

"these findings dont give marijuana a clean bill of health,' Block said"

um yeah okay..seriously?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071217110328.htm OH another little tidbit I found, that proves marijuana isnt a clean bill of health Razz

and yes, I'll agree I'm terrible with arguments, I always lose in class so you can feel superior over me as much as you want, its not saying much though. haha yeah. moon <-- just because I felt like it. And learn a little chivalry wont you? Wink

ok marijuana smoke is bad for you; i never argued that it wasn't. any kind of smoke is not good for you

and maybe you do win your arguments in class, and maybe you don't, i don't care. you are obviously outmatched with me but i think that has already been proven considering the nature of this conversation. the only person i think who is about on the same intelligence level as myself is PTZ even if i have an extreme distaste for him. judging by the test scores that he produced i'm going to say he is probably a pretty intelligent guy. i understand that all of this sounds extremely narcissistic, and if you need to go look that up please do, but its simply the truth.

and chivalry has no place when the person you are speaking to is too ignorant to comprehend it. and yes i do mean ignorant because you have obviously been corrupted by adults who tell you things with no basis in fact.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:19 pm

rawbeginner was smart wasn't he?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:30 pm

:O

I'm not ignorant, I just don’t like you. I have no problem with marijuana (but I am smart enough to stay away from it) I'm actually for legalizing it and all that great stuff. Contrary to what you may think I don’t let adults or random people over the internet influence my views on topics like this.

I'm not an unintelligent person and yes, you are pretty egotistical. At least we can agree on something Rolling Eyes
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:38 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:back off you guys. If people want to smoke that is fine, it might be somewhat dangerous, but smoking can help people relax, and maybe it gives them something that they aren't getting elsewhere. I know when I go on my breaks I really wish I could light one up, but I choose not to, and I respect a persons right to choose to.

YOU LIBERALS SHOULD TRY TO BE MORE ACCEPTING OF PEOPLE'S DIFFERENCES.

Does the word cancer mean anything to you. What about second hand smoke. What about an overburden on the health care system. What about the money wasted on cigarettes. (I would put a question mark on the end of those sentences but my QM button is messed up)

You have no idea what you are talking about. Just STFU
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:48 am

SourWorms wrote:and chivalry has no place when the person you are speaking to is too ignorant to comprehend it. and yes i do mean ignorant because you have obviously been corrupted by adults who tell you things with no basis in fact.

You're not impressing anyone, your just making yourself sound like a prick.
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 627

Post by funrunner Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:35 am

I can't believe I didn't realize this guy was JogMeHard.

As far as the whole smoking thing goes, I just make it a point not to put anything burning in my mouth. I prefer injecting endorphins straight into my jugular. I find all of my needles washed up on the beach, but I make sure to wash them with tepid water and Dove soap. I should be OK.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:47 am

BA_Sadie. wrote:rawbeginner was smart wasn't he?
    Am I missing something?
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by funrunner Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:53 am

FK wrote:
    Am I missing something?
    Sour worms that PTZ is the only person on this board who is as smart as he is (I highly doubt this, but we'll never be able to prove it), but Sadie was bringing up Rawbeginner and his 2400 SAT.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:13 pm

thelagwagon wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:and chivalry has no place when the person you are speaking to is too ignorant to comprehend it. and yes i do mean ignorant because you have obviously been corrupted by adults who tell you things with no basis in fact.

You're not impressing anyone, your just making yourself sound like a prick.

He doesnt even know my test scores!! haha so how could he even assume that I'm dumb?
    but I'm only a sophomore so I dont have test scores anyways...but still Laughing
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by funrunner Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:21 pm

Fact: Marijuana produces immediate, temporary changes in thoughts, perceptions, and information processing. The cognitive process most clearly affected by marijuana is short-term memory. In laboratory studies, subjects under the influence of marijuana have no trouble remembering things they learned previously. However, they display diminished capacity to learn and recall new information. This diminishment only lasts for the duration of the intoxication. There is no convincing evidence that heavy long-term marijuana use permanently impairs memory or other cognitive functions.

I would say that bold statement is the biggest problem with marijuana. Coupled with the (minimal) lung damage, this makes it into a dangerous drug. People do overstate the dangers of marijuana, but using it isn't without its risks.

And Sour Worms, there is a big difference between being unintelligent and being misinformed. Intelligence is about what you do with the information you have.

I also think all of these scientific studies need to be taken with a grain of salt (both pro- and anti-marifuana). Scientific evidence can be spun to support a huge number of half-truths.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:26 pm

funrunner wrote:
    Fact: Marijuana produces immediate, temporary changes in thoughts, perceptions, and information processing. The cognitive process most clearly affected by marijuana is short-term memory. In laboratory studies, subjects under the influence of marijuana have no trouble remembering things they learned previously. However, they display diminished capacity to learn and recall new information. This diminishment only lasts for the duration of the intoxication. There is no convincing evidence that heavy long-term marijuana use permanently impairs memory or other cognitive functions.

I would say that bold statement is the biggest problem with marijuana. Coupled with the (minimal) lung damage, this makes it into a dangerous drug. People do overstate the dangers of marijuana, but using it isn't without its risks.

And Sour Worms, there is a big difference between being unintelligent and being misinformed. Intelligence is about what you do with the information you have.

I also think all of these scientific studies need to be taken with a grain of salt (both pro- and anti-marifuana). Scientific evidence can be spun to support a huge number of half-truths.
    that's what i was saying though. and luckily you can understand the point i was trying to make. although it is obviously not safe, it can be argued that marijuana is in a way safer than cigarettes
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:27 pm

funrunner wrote:I can't believe I didn't realize this guy was JogMeHard.

As far as the whole smoking thing goes, I just make it a point not to put anything burning in my mouth. I prefer injecting endorphins straight into my jugular. I find all of my needles washed up on the beach, but I make sure to wash them with tepid water and Dove soap. I should be OK.

lol
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by funrunner Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:32 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    funrunner wrote:

that's what i was saying though. and luckily you can understand the point i was trying to make. although it is obviously not safe, it can be argued that marijuana is in a way safer than cigarettes

Well I'm glad we could reach an agreement.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:38 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    funrunner wrote:

We would have had the same points [before this argument started] but I don’t like agreeing with people I dislike.

I understood your point!! grrrr I'm done. angry spin
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:56 pm

haha pinthin.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:20 pm

boom
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:51 pm

i win
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:23 pm

SourWorms wrote:i win

no
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:23 pm

funrunner wrote:
    FK wrote:
    Am I missing something?
    Sour worms that PTZ is the only person on this board who is as smart as he is (I highly doubt this, but we'll never be able to prove it), but Sadie was bringing up Rawbeginner and his 2400 SAT.
    Oh. PTZ is not crazy smart, there was also that person on RW that got a 5 on the AP Chem test.
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 358
    Registration date : 2008-06-27

Post by *sg* Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:29 pm

I don't really care if people want to pollute their own bodies and give themselves cancer... I just feel vaguely sorry for them that they're addicted to it.... What I do care about is when they pollute themselves around me, because then I have to breath in their second hand smoke and choke and gag and think of all their carcinogens entering MY lungs. So go ahead and smoke all you want in your house, just dont do it around me. Especially when I'm running!!!!! and also don't leave your butts around. That's gross, and its littering. Suspect
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:32 pm

marijuana isn't addictive so it's better
    Push Towards State
    Push Towards State
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 267
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by Push Towards State Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:44 am

Pinthin wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    The Bee's Knees wrote:I'm not a liberal.

STFU, not a liberal.

you use to be nice, now your almost annoying No

He's not annoying. He's just brutally honest. I used to smoke back when I was a freshman because alot of my friends were doing it. It wasn't much maybe 2-3 cigarettes but that was it. Its does help take alot of stress and it made me look cool back then. Now that I think about it I feel like like one of those nerdy kids from the 90's. idk why Shocked I hate smoking. - Page 3 2005_0308_urkel
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:57 am

you mean those nerdy kids that have tons of money
    Push Towards State
    Push Towards State
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 267
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by Push Towards State Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:13 am

yes sir. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:39 am