Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+13
AudienceOfOne
ButterySmoothStride
*sg*
Wow
runner_dude
Running With Scissors
Pinthin
XC_crazy
Kugar
alex-likes-running
The Riddler
TnF_T
P2
17 posters

What do you hate the most about Canada?

P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

What do you hate the most about Canada? Empty What do you hate the most about Canada?

Post by P2 Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:57 pm

Inspired by tnf_t.

Canada is awesome. The only thing I dont like is that EVERYTHING in Canada has the maple leaf on it.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

What do you hate the most about Canada? Empty Re: What do you hate the most about Canada?

Post by TnF_T Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:10 pm

P2 wrote:Inspired by tnf_t.

Canada is awesome. The only thing I dont like is that EVERYTHING in Canada has the maple leaf on it.
    The thing abouthe maple leaf is definately not true. But in Canada, I hate how we have to pay a lot of tax towards universal healthcare. It's not that i hate universal healthcare, it's that i don't enjoy paying for the stupidity of the people that smoke their entire lives and spend shit loads of time in the hospital receiving service that the taxes pay for. same with overweight people and getting heart surgery etc etc. I'm not that up to date on the private healthcare sector so i guess it's not all bad.

Edit: i also hate the snow and winters. -30 is not pleasant.
    The Riddler
    The Riddler
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

What do you hate the most about Canada? Empty Re: What do you hate the most about Canada?

Post by The Riddler Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:14 pm

Fail and thread stealer =[
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 pm

- "eh?"
    - "aboot"
    - milk coming in bags
    -lumberjacks

thats it lol
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 404
    Class : Junior
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Kugar Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:48 pm

I like to stereotype Canada. Not because I don't like the people...just because it's fun.

Though it's probably coincidence, I find that a lot of the Canadians I know are pretty full of themselves. Maybe that's just because they think I'm a dumb American? Who knows.

I don't like the French language, so there's another mark against Canada.

And, this is untrue and I don't agree with it(so don't start in on me), but most Americans see Canada as being pretty spineless.

In all fairness, I really don't mind Canada a whole lot. I don't know that I would want to live there, but it doesn't seem a particularly bad place, overall.
    XC_crazy
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 820
    Mile Time : 5:44
    800m Time : 2:32
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by XC_crazy Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:50 pm

TnF_T wrote:
    P2 wrote:Inspired by tnf_t.

The thing abouthe maple leaf is definately not true. But in Canada, I hate how we have to pay a lot of tax towards universal healthcare. It's not that i hate universal healthcare, it's that i don't enjoy paying for the stupidity of the people that smoke their entire lives and spend shit loads of time in the hospital receiving service that the taxes pay for. same with overweight people and getting heart surgery etc etc. I'm not that up to date on the private healthcare sector so i guess it's not all bad.

Edit: i also hate the snow and winters. -30 is not pleasant.

-30 is definetly not pleasant

I don't really have any bad things to say. Except a lot of Canadians now come to North Dakota to do their shopping since there is no where to shop in that part of Canada.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Kugar wrote:I like to stereotype Canada. Not because I don't like the people...just because it's fun.

+1
    hahahhaha me2!
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:51 pm

alex-likes-running wrote:- "eh?"
    - "aboot"
    - milk coming in bags
    -lumberjacks

thats it lol

my spanish teacher said its common in alot of other countries for millk to come in bags, but really? why a bag?

I dont know many canadians, so I dont really know.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

My Top 3 Reasons

1. Its cold
    2. Canada has only been independence since 1982.
    3. There money is werid.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:28 pm

Their money is sweet!! lol

I went to B.C once when I was younger, and a guy was showing us their money.. it looks like monopoly money. It makes it harder to counterfeit that way..I think
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Kugar Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:50 pm

Pinthin wrote:Their money is sweet!! lol

I went to B.C once when I was younger, and a guy was showing us their money.. it looks like monopoly money. It makes it harder to counterfeit that way..I think

When I went up to Lake Placid, the lady at the shop gave me change in Canadian money. I didn't realize until I left the store, and I didn't want to bother her, so now I have it in my bag. I don't really know what I'm going to do with it, but it's kind of nifty....
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman

Post by runner_dude Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:57 pm

Running With Scissors wrote:My Top 3 Reasons
    2. Canada has only been independence since 1982.

Wrong. Yes, we didn't have full control of our constitution until then, but the Queen wouldn't have vetoed anything we wanted to change in it. FWIW, Those damn Quebecois STILL haven't signed on to the constitution.

Things I hate About Canada -
    -Cold
    -The problems with universal health care
    -Our woefully underfunded military (we used to have pound for pound the best army in the world, and after WWII, we had the largest navy. Those days are now long gone, and we have leaky submarines, and we have to use US planes to get our troops over to the other side of the world. Sad )
    -How much Ottawa hates the east. Stephen Harper said we had a "culture of defeat", and we had to fight him hard for the offshore deal, the same thing that Alberta got years ago. That said, he's still better than those damned Liberals.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try

Post by TnF_T Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:07 pm

What do you hate the most about Canada? 265px-10
    VS.
    What do you hate the most about Canada? New2010
    Green looks like shit
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Kugar Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:11 pm

TnF_T wrote:What do you hate the most about Canada? 265px-10
    VS.
    Green looks like shit

At least it looks like currency. Canadian money just looks like glorified candy wrappers with people on them Wink
    Wow
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 118
    Class : Maybe if you were smarter, you would know more.

Post by Wow Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt1_6uz_sVU

P.S. Brannen is awesome though and I hope he runs well at Beijing considering everything he's been through.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:44 pm

TnF_T wrote:What do you hate the most about Canada? 265px-10
    VS.
    Green looks like shit

thats our old money Neutral

they started printing new ones that have some color on them. just thought I'd let you know Wink
    *sg*
    *sg*
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 358
    Registration date : 2008-06-27

Post by *sg* Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:06 pm

welll, I personally am a fan of Canada... especially Quebec. Here's why: It's cold!!!! I love winter... I hate heat... so I want to move farther north when I grow up.

I like French... so I like Quebec. I want to move to Quebec when I grow up.

They have some very largeish/nice ski areas
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman

Post by runner_dude Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 pm

*sg* wrote:welll, I personally am a fan of Canada... especially Quebec. Here's why: It's cold!!!! I love winter... I hate heat... so I want to move farther north when I grow up.

I like French... so I like Quebec. I want to move to Quebec when I grow up.

They have some very largeish/nice ski areas

If you like french, move to France, or Acadie, because the Quebecois are just a bunch of whiny, complaining separatists who basically have the country by the balls because of their Bloc Quebecois.
    XC_crazy
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 820
    Mile Time : 5:44
    800m Time : 2:32
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by XC_crazy Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:47 pm

Oh I thought of a good thing about Canada. They don't ask many questions when you cross the border. They just ask how long you're going to be up there and what you're doing. But when you come back the American border patrol seems to ask a lot more questions.
    ButterySmoothStride
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by ButterySmoothStride Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:30 am

LOL at canadian kids learning in school that their country was the deciding factor in WWII
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:00 pm

RawBeginner wrote:LOL at canadian kids learning in school that their country was the deciding factor in WWII
    lol!

+1.

"Taking over Canada would be like taking over toast. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I got you, toast!!!!" - Jon Stewart
    PCNQtrack
    PCNQtrack
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1663
    Mile Time : 4:59
    Class : '11 BABY
    5000m XC Time : 16:59
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by PCNQtrack Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:01 pm

^^haha, has anyone seen that south park vid "canada on strike"

puts canada into perspective
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12

Post by hxc Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:03 pm

King of Sting wrote:Fail and thread stealer =[

Wrong.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12

Post by hxc Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:08 pm

"And the wildfires began spreading out of california, into the east. They went into Utah, but they had to leave, because Mormons don't allow fires. So they went to New York City, but the people of NYC just told the fire to "Go fuck yourself!" And it did! It started reproducing rapidly. The fire grew and grew, and spread upward. It turned all of canada into a fiery smoldering mess. But nobody noticed." -George Carlin
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:17 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:"And the wildfires began spreading out of california, into the east. They went into Utah, but they had to leave, because Mormons don't allow fires. So they went to New York City, but the people of NYC just told the fire to "Go fuck yourself!" And it did! It started reproducing rapidly. The fire grew and grew, and spread upward. It turned all of canada into a fiery smoldering mess. But nobody noticed." -George Carlin
    lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 pm