Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+12
xc_babe09
mary XC
Trackaholic
Just Because
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
NotChangingUntilSub5
T B K
thelagwagon
BA_Sadie.
alex-likes-running
The Riddler
16 posters

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

Post by Just Because Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:25 pm

Trackaholic wrote:they dont kill developed baby's? you say?

I am sorry just because, your not a very good pro-abortionist/murder.

you NEVER say terms like "developed baby".

there is only "baby", everything before that is just a bunch of worthless cells not even worth half a shit, according to pro abortionists/murderers.

Sorry kid, I am going to have to exploit your flaw, you should read up on pro abortion doctrine, they have all kinds of lovely terms for those cells that compromise a fetus and a baby, but your NEVER supposed to use the term fetus or baby, doing so would be admitting abortion is murder! Gosh, we wouldnt want that!

*ahem*

So you say its okay to kill babies as long as they are undeveloped? you still admit to them being babies, seeing as you used the term "developed baby" ther emust be an opposite term, such as "undeveloped baby", but both those terms denote that they are indeed, BABIES, nevertheless.

murderer.

I don`t care what term they use to sugarcoat what they are doing. Life doesn`t begin until the baby is born. It is not murder if you are not taking a life. So i guess my answer to your question is yes. Call me what you want. Science and the Law are against you. The fetus (there i fixed it) does not feel pain, cannot live outside the uterus, cannot support itself, has no memories, has no brain capacity etc. It is not a person. It does not have a life. It will, but for those first 14 weeks it is does not.
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 422
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

Post by Trackaholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:05 pm

I am sorry, but the same science that you stand behind also classifies cells as LIVING, cells meet the scientific characteristics of life. Basic biology. So hence, those cells that will make up a fetus are living and as alive as the fetus formed later on.

So no, life does not begin at birth my friend, science states that itself. You are going against the very science you stand behind if you claim that life begins at birth, because it is simple fact that it does not. Cells are living.

You abortionists just deny this simple logic because that would mean admitting to murder.

You cant sugar coat it or deny it, your caught, you support murder.

Last edited by Trackaholic on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:07 pm

http://www.essortment.com/all/characteristics_rbrc.htm

characteristics of life beyotch, read up.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:and just think of this, suppose your parents came up to you and your mother tells you that she was debating having an abortion when she was pregnant with you, since having you would be an issue because-- (Insert usual excuse/convenient "justification" [e,g; she was raped/could not afford it/was not ready/too young/broken condom/etc...])--

would you say, "Gee mom! I didnt know you gave up your college aspirations so you could have me, why didnt you just kill me? I am sure you would have been much happier if you would have killed/aborted me."

and this whole mothers fathers right to chose...lets go to that same scenario. Say your parents confront you by saying there had been consideration about aborting you after you were concieved... Say that your mom tells you that she wanted to abort you at first, but because your dad wanted to have you she went through with it.

Honestly, how would you feel about your mother then? knowing that at some point, she had considered killing the fetus that would be you, WAS YOU, and thus, wanted to kill you. how would you feel about your mother then? what if it was your father who had supported the notion of abortion?

Abortion is only an "issue" or a "moral debate" because people refuse to accept that the fetus is, during its early development, a human. They only see abortion from their point of view, not the view of the child who's life is at stake.

An abortion has to take place before week 14. They don`t kill developed babies. There are good reasons for having an abortion. For you to dismiss these reasons based on the non-existent rights of a fetus (not a baby, not a human: a fetus) is very insensitive. The moment the baby would feel any pain (after week 14) is where i call it murder.

Just so you guys know: I am pro-choice

I beg to differ.

Trackaholic is right. Just because it can't talk or think doesn't mean it's not alive.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Trackaholic wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:and just think of this, suppose your parents came up to you and your mother tells you that she was debating having an abortion when she was pregnant with you, since having you would be an issue because-- (Insert usual excuse/convenient "justification" [e,g; she was raped/could not afford it/was not ready/too young/broken condom/etc...])--

would you say, "Gee mom! I didnt know you gave up your college aspirations so you could have me, why didnt you just kill me? I am sure you would have been much happier if you would have killed/aborted me."

and this whole mothers fathers right to chose...lets go to that same scenario. Say your parents confront you by saying there had been consideration about aborting you after you were concieved... Say that your mom tells you that she wanted to abort you at first, but because your dad wanted to have you she went through with it.

Honestly, how would you feel about your mother then? knowing that at some point, she had considered killing the fetus that would be you, WAS YOU, and thus, wanted to kill you. how would you feel about your mother then? what if it was your father who had supported the notion of abortion?

Abortion is only an "issue" or a "moral debate" because people refuse to accept that the fetus is, during its early development, a human. They only see abortion from their point of view, not the view of the child who's life is at stake.

if my mom told me she was raped and thats how i was born i would have felt so sorry for her that she went through with it i mean its great that im alive and she did go through with it hats off to her you know..but i would tell her i would completely understand if i wasn't here because she took the morning after pill after she got raped seriously and she wouldn't have been killing me because i wasn't even formed yet there was nothing except some cells...just saying.

Sure you can say that, after all, thers no possibility of that actually happening, so you can hide behind a feigned nobleness that is hardly tangible.

Tell me though, are all abortions the result of rape?

And if you ask me, the solution to rape is not abortion, but to put rapists behind bars.

no but if it was rape i would understand i just never woulda been born... thats shady anyways...if it wasn't rape but her being dumb and getting pregnant at 16 or w/e then yeah she should keep me even if she doesn't have the money and stuff. the only way i think anything is acceptable is if you get raped and take the morning after pill which i don't even consider abortion.
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:44 pm

abortion is such an endless debate because it all boils down to your religon eventually.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by TnF_T Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Trackaholic wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:

if my mom told me she was raped and thats how i was born i would have felt so sorry for her that she went through with it i mean its great that im alive and she did go through with it hats off to her you know..but i would tell her i would completely understand if i wasn't here because she took the morning after pill after she got raped seriously and she wouldn't have been killing me because i wasn't even formed yet there was nothing except some cells...just saying.

Sure you can say that, after all, thers no possibility of that actually happening, so you can hide behind a feigned nobleness that is hardly tangible.

Tell me though, are all abortions the result of rape?

And if you ask me, the solution to rape is not abortion, but to put rapists behind bars.

Thats a fucking terrible solution. They have already made the woman pregnant so the damage is already done. Lets see, maybe this can work for murderers. We put them in jail and theres still murder.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:56 pm

Trackaholic wrote:abortion is such an endless debate because it all boils down to your religon eventually.

not necessarily. im christain and you probably are too..but i think the morning after pill is okay if you get raped thats the only way i think its okay though.
    what denomination are you? im presbyterian
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:58 pm

I am a traditional byzantine Catholic.

we dont believe in birth control, sex is for marriage and strictly pro-creation.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:59 pm

i believe sex is for marriage too.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by TnF_T Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:18 pm

That is why religion sucks
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:34 pm

haha cuz of waiting.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Just Because Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:42 pm

The Bee's Knees wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

An abortion has to take place before week 14. They don`t kill developed babies. There are good reasons for having an abortion. For you to dismiss these reasons based on the non-existent rights of a fetus (not a baby, not a human: a fetus) is very insensitive. The moment the baby would feel any pain (after week 14) is where i call it murder.

Just so you guys know: I am pro-choice

I beg to differ.

Trackaholic is right. Just because it can't talk or think doesn't mean it's not alive.

Why don't we go all the way and call the killing of cows murder, or when you step on a flower. What about cutting down trees.
    This is my final thought on the subject: Life begins when you are born. If you believe that it begins before that, i respect your opinion but i think you`re wrong. I`m not going to be able to change your mind and you will not be able to change mine. The whole question of this discussion is When does life begin. We have two different answers and in a way, i guess we are both right.
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:51 pm

Life begins when you are born.

Wrong, according to any reputable biologist, life begins before that. Just look at the characteristics of life, a single sperm cell alone meets those standards. We use the characteristics of life on EVERY SINGLE ORGANISM ON THIS PLANET. Why would embryo's be exempt? they meet those characteristics!

As for the cow killing and plant thing, animals and plants are part of an ecosystem, in order for the ecosystem to survive, organisms must die so that life can continue on. However, the abortion of babies and the NEEDLESS killing of animals and plants do NOT support an ecosystem in anyway, and is therefore murder for murder's sake.

Your final thought? does that mean you have no more tricks up your sleeve, exhausted of excuses and abstruse meaningless phrases?
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:53 pm

TnF_T wrote:That is why religion sucks

to each his own, personally, I believe there would be a lot less strife in this world if people waited for marraige and only had sex for pro-creation, and hey, abortion would never be neccesary! hmmm, seems like a win/win situation if you ask me.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:17 pm

your right about that trackaholic..
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Just Because Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:21 pm

Trackaholic wrote:Life begins when you are born.

Wrong, according to any reputable biologist, life begins before that. Just look at the characteristics of life, a single sperm cell alone meets those standards. We use the characteristics of life on EVERY SINGLE ORGANISM ON THIS PLANET. Why would embryo's be exempt? they meet those characteristics!

As for the cow killing and plant thing, animals and plants are part of an ecosystem, in order for the ecosystem to survive, organisms must die so that life can continue on. However, the abortion of babies and the NEEDLESS killing of animals and plants do NOT support an ecosystem in anyway, and is therefore murder for murder's sake.

Your final thought? does that mean you have no more tricks up your sleeve, exhausted of excuses and abstruse meaningless phrases?

As you said: Things must die for life to move on. We needlessly kill cows and pigs. Why don't we all become vegetarian? An embyro is not a person. You can't murder what is not alive. As for your biologist point: There is a bias there if you are religious. Example: the Evolution debate. There are scientists on both sides that believe they are right.

As for my final thought: I was trying to gracefully step out of the arguement because it will go on forever. Just accept that we have seperate points of view. Don't respond to anything else in my post.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:21 pm

Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:Life begins when you are born.

As you said: Things must die for life to move on. We needlessly kill cows and pigs. Why don't we all become vegetarian? An embyro is not a person. You can't murder what is not alive. As for your biologist point: There is a bias there if you are religious. Example: the Evolution debate. There are scientists on both sides that believe they are right.

As for my final thought: I was trying to gracefully step out of the arguement because it will go on forever. Just accept that we have seperate points of view. Don't respond to anything else in my post.
    Evolution is different because we don't technically have enough evidence to prove it correct. However, embryos are right before us and no matter what your definition of life is, they will fit it.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:59 pm

are you serious? evolution is fact, there is no such thing as "intelligent design." if you think otherwise, you are completely ignorant
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:08 pm

SourWorms wrote:are you serious? evolution is fact, there is no such thing as "intelligent design." if you think otherwise, you are completely ignorant
    Then my new name is Completely Ignorant. want to give me a middle name too?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:10 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:are you serious? evolution is fact, there is no such thing as "intelligent design." if you think otherwise, you are completely ignorant

please telll me your joking. how do you not believe in evolution?
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:13 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

it's easy. you should try it too.

dust off that bible that's been sitting on your bookshelf for as long as you can remember and flip to Genisis Ch.1 .

Forget the big band and evolution and face this: He's the King of Kings and Author of all Creation.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:16 pm

If you want to be scientific, you have to accept that it is called "The Theory of Evolution."
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:18 pm

FK wrote:
    If you want to be scientific, you have to accept that it is called "The Theory of Evolution."
    +1
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:18 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

it's easy. you should try it too.

dust off that bible that's been sitting on your bookshelf for as long as you can remember and flip to Genisis Ch.1 .

Forget the big band and evolution and face this: He's the King of Kings and Author of all Creation.

I have actually read the bible quite in depth and I do go to a catholic high school so i know a thing or two about the bible. We actually have a class regarding this very thing, its called Theology. In that class we are taught that to disregard evolution is idiotic because it is scientific fact. If you believe that the Bible should be taken literally, then you are one ignorant fellow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 am