Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+12
xc_babe09
mary XC
Trackaholic
Just Because
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
NotChangingUntilSub5
T B K
thelagwagon
BA_Sadie.
alex-likes-running
The Riddler
16 posters

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 422
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?. - Page 5 Empty Re: Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

Post by Trackaholic Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Just Because wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:Life begins when you are born.

Wrong, according to any reputable biologist, life begins before that. Just look at the characteristics of life, a single sperm cell alone meets those standards. We use the characteristics of life on EVERY SINGLE ORGANISM ON THIS PLANET. Why would embryo's be exempt? they meet those characteristics!

As for the cow killing and plant thing, animals and plants are part of an ecosystem, in order for the ecosystem to survive, organisms must die so that life can continue on. However, the abortion of babies and the NEEDLESS killing of animals and plants do NOT support an ecosystem in anyway, and is therefore murder for murder's sake.

Your final thought? does that mean you have no more tricks up your sleeve, exhausted of excuses and abstruse meaningless phrases?

As you said: Things must die for life to move on. We needlessly kill cows and pigs. Why don't we all become vegetarian? An embyro is not a person. You can't murder what is not alive. As for your biologist point: There is a bias there if you are religious. Example: the Evolution debate. There are scientists on both sides that believe they are right.

As for my final thought: I was trying to gracefully step out of the arguement because it will go on forever. Just accept that we have seperate points of view. Don't respond to anything else in my post.

Im not gonna drop it until you stop dancing around my "characteristics of life" point. You keep going on and on about how life begins at birth but you FAIL to even mention my point about the characteristics of life which CLEARLY proves you wrong on that point. Your words are nothing but abstruse distractions.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?. - Page 5 Empty Re: Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:08 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:yea, i guess i didn't know that so many christians don't take the Bible word for word.....
    You knew I didn't lol.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:22 am

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:it says god created the world it just doesn't say how and i think that might be how..im not changing anything the bible says. But, i don't necessarily take it literally i think that yeahh most of it is true but it was a long time ago and things change like there are rules in the bible that we obviously don't follow today because it would be complete nonsense to...and god didn't write it his prophets did and how can we be completely sure everything is word for word..idk i do think most of it is true though.
    in the Bible, it says the scriptures are God-breathed. God effected everyone who wrote the Bible. he is a God that hates lies, he would not let lies get mixed in with the Word. and you can tell the rules that are obviously for the old cultures(ex. most of dueteronomy) apart from the ones everone has to follow(ex. 10 commandments).

your right i do take most of it for real but the little details i don't always think are still true today...but it doesn't really matter though as long as i believe what i know to be true. like jesus died for our sins and that god is really there and the ten commandments ect.
    yea. sounds like we're almost the only ones here that completely believe that. Sad

imaginary friends are cool i guess..
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:26 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:it says god created the world it just doesn't say how and i think that might be how..im not changing anything the bible says. But, i don't necessarily take it literally i think that yeahh most of it is true but it was a long time ago and things change like there are rules in the bible that we obviously don't follow today because it would be complete nonsense to...and god didn't write it his prophets did and how can we be completely sure everything is word for word..idk i do think most of it is true though.
    in the Bible, it says the scriptures are God-breathed. God effected everyone who wrote the Bible. he is a God that hates lies, he would not let lies get mixed in with the Word. and you can tell the rules that are obviously for the old cultures(ex. most of dueteronomy) apart from the ones everone has to follow(ex. 10 commandments).

your right i do take most of it for real but the little details i don't always think are still true today...but it doesn't really matter though as long as i believe what i know to be true. like jesus died for our sins and that god is really there and the ten commandments ect.
    yea. sounds like we're almost the only ones here that completely believe that. Sad

Only we do not believe they are imaginary, its called faith.
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:28 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:yeahh i loved that i can't remember it exactly though but i remember seeing it and going wow thats so true.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

It is very true, Even though I believe in god and consider myself a christian. In the end I must realize I am no better a christian than the nonbelievers, like sourworms.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Trackaholic wrote:I like that quote topmiler had about christians, the one ghandi said? that was awsome. and true.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:33 pm

SourWorms wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen.(Hebrews 11:1)
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Trackaholic wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:yeahh i loved that i can't remember it exactly though but i remember seeing it and going wow thats so true.

It is very true, Even though I believe in god and consider myself a christian. In the end I must realize I am no better a christian than the nonbelievers, like sourworms.

same here..im giong to remember that quote lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 am