Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+12
xc_babe09
mary XC
Trackaholic
Just Because
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
NotChangingUntilSub5
T B K
thelagwagon
BA_Sadie.
alex-likes-running
The Riddler
16 posters

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

The Riddler
    The Riddler
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?. Empty Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

Post by The Riddler Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:28 pm

I ask this in light of the recent protest on the mall by the feminist for abortion rights.

They demand "a womans right to choose!" Transaltion, Fathers don't matter.

Why, seriously, are fathers given ZERO say in this matter. That clump of cells the woman wants to kill off abort is also the biological coupling of the fathers genetic material. Shouldn't the biologicial father be able to have a say, to sue to force the birth of the child then be given full and unfettered rights to child instead of it being killed off?

Granted, its not his body, and I ackowledge that, but why should the father be denied the right to the childs life, the mother wanting the abortion has stated flatly by seeking said abortion that she wants nothing to do with the prospective child, why cant the father demand the child?

I think its... completely insane to argue that a man has NO say in an abortion. Fathers have rights too.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?. Empty Re: Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

Post by alex-likes-running Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:31 pm

i've actually never thought about that before.
    good point raised ^^
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?. Empty Re: Why I ask, are fathers so... powerless?.

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:33 pm

yeah good point..
    but i don't think the father should be able to make her go through with it if she doesn't want vice versa but idk i guess it depends on the situation.
    really good point though.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:40 pm

Yeah, it does seem unfair. The alternate is worse though, forcing someone to go through with a child birth for someone elses sake isn't right. Besides, sex isn't a contract, for the woman to produce a child for the man. I don't think a man has any place to demand it from a woman.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:34 pm

I never knew WW could say something that complex. Good argument though.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:37 pm

Nope, you are on crack. It isn't the same thing, stop looking for a clever moral loophole, the father doesn't have rights to the decision of whether or not the woman wants to carry a child, and that is how it should be.
    The Riddler
    The Riddler
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by The Riddler Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:50 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:Nope, you are on crack. It isn't the same thing, stop looking for a clever moral loophole, the father doesn't have rights to the decision of whether or not the woman wants to carry a child, and that is how it should be.
    Well the father of the child will have to pay child support for 18 years after that baby is born and have a very miserable life. It's stupid for a man probably through the ages 18-24 who will never meet his child to have to pay $300 dollars for his child a month. He could pay $200 for the operation and get it over with. He would have to pay roughly 60,000-68,000 through that childs eighteen years. He could get a new house or start a non-mistaken family with that kind of money. I'm not Pro abortion but, I just want the man in that situation to have a say in it.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:22 pm

if the guy couldn't keep it in his pants, it's his fault.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Parenting is a joint decision, why can't that be one?
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:26 pm

Not Marks Fantasy wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:Nope, you are on crack. It isn't the same thing, stop looking for a clever moral loophole, the father doesn't have rights to the decision of whether or not the woman wants to carry a child, and that is how it should be.
    Well the father of the child will have to pay child support for 18 years after that baby is born and have a very miserable life. It's stupid for a man probably through the ages 18-24 who will never meet his child to have to pay $300 dollars for his child a month. He could pay $200 for the operation and get it over with. He would have to pay roughly 60,000-68,000 through that childs eighteen years. He could get a new house or start a non-mistaken family with that kind of money. I'm not Pro abortion but, I just want the man in that situation to have a say in it.

Good Point. I think that once the father is told that he is the father, he should have a right to "disown" the child, therefore giving up all rights to see him or her but not paying child support.
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 422
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Trackaholic Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:36 pm

hey fuck the dad and the mom, what about the kid? I think the person whos life is at stake should be the one to fucking chose.

all your pro abortionists are baby killers, i dont care how many times you deny it or come up with excuses.
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:52 pm

and just think of this, suppose your parents came up to you and your mother tells you that she was debating having an abortion when she was pregnant with you, since having you would be an issue because-- (Insert usual excuse/convenient "justification" [e,g; she was raped/could not afford it/was not ready/too young/broken condom/etc...])--

would you say, "Gee mom! I didnt know you gave up your college aspirations so you could have me, why didnt you just kill me? I am sure you would have been much happier if you would have killed/aborted me."

and this whole mothers fathers right to chose...lets go to that same scenario. Say your parents confront you by saying there had been consideration about aborting you after you were concieved... Say that your mom tells you that she wanted to abort you at first, but because your dad wanted to have you she went through with it.

Honestly, how would you feel about your mother then? knowing that at some point, she had considered killing the fetus that would be you, WAS YOU, and thus, wanted to kill you. how would you feel about your mother then? what if it was your father who had supported the notion of abortion?

Abortion is only an "issue" or a "moral debate" because people refuse to accept that the fetus is, during its early development, a human. They only see abortion from their point of view, not the view of the child who's life is at stake.
    mary XC
    mary XC
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 267
    Mile Time : 6:01 (hopefully sub 6 soon!)
    Class : 8th grade
    800m Time : 2:47.47
    5000m XC Time : 21:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-31

Post by mary XC Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:53 pm

i never thought about that
    i guess because most people think the baby is like part of the mom or something and so if she decided to go with abortion, she is killling part of herself
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Trackaholic wrote:and just think of this, suppose your parents came up to you and your mother tells you that she was debating having an abortion when she was pregnant with you, since having you would be an issue because-- (Insert usual excuse/convenient "justification" [e,g; she was raped/could not afford it/was not ready/too young/broken condom/etc...])--

would you say, "Gee mom! I didnt know you gave up your college aspirations so you could have me, why didnt you just kill me? I am sure you would have been much happier if you would have killed/aborted me."

and this whole mothers fathers right to chose...lets go to that same scenario. Say your parents confront you by saying there had been consideration about aborting you after you were concieved... Say that your mom tells you that she wanted to abort you at first, but because your dad wanted to have you she went through with it.

Honestly, how would you feel about your mother then? knowing that at some point, she had considered killing the fetus that would be you, WAS YOU, and thus, wanted to kill you. how would you feel about your mother then? what if it was your father who had supported the notion of abortion?

Abortion is only an "issue" or a "moral debate" because people refuse to accept that the fetus is, during its early development, a human. They only see abortion from their point of view, not the view of the child who's life is at stake.
    +100
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior

Post by xc_babe09 Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:16 pm

see i disagree just because. a father can get legal custody of a child as soon as its born if they want to. this is different but still. idk that its right that the father has the right to do it but i do think that he should have some say. the ultimate decision is up to the woman but abortion is not ok.
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA

Post by P2 Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:10 pm

Trackaholic wrote:hey fuck the dad and the mom, what about the kid? I think the person whos life is at stake should be the one to fucking chose.

all your pro abortionists are baby killers, i dont care how many times you deny it or come up with excuses.
    hahahahahaha yep that is what im going with. nice point tracko.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:37 am

P2 wrote:
    Trackaholic wrote:hey fuck the dad and the mom, what about the kid? I think the person whos life is at stake should be the one to fucking chose.

hahahahahaha yep that is what im going with. nice point tracko.
    Then you're pro-life?
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 am

obviously, if you are against people cutting up little babies. I would consider that pro life.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:36 pm

pro life ftw
    P2
    P2
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1376
    Mile Time : Used Bicycle
    Class : Dyestat....BAHAHAHAHA

Post by P2 Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:05 pm

yep im pro life
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Trackaholic wrote:and just think of this, suppose your parents came up to you and your mother tells you that she was debating having an abortion when she was pregnant with you, since having you would be an issue because-- (Insert usual excuse/convenient "justification" [e,g; she was raped/could not afford it/was not ready/too young/broken condom/etc...])--

if my mom told me she was raped and thats how i was born i would have felt so sorry for her that she went through with it i mean its great that im alive and she did go through with it hats off to her you know..but i would tell her i would completely understand if i wasn't here because she took the morning after pill after she got raped seriously and she wouldn't have been killing me because i wasn't even formed yet there was nothing except some cells...just saying.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:43 pm

oh well then for all you pro-lifers, if its a child then the father should have an equal right whether to kill it or let it live
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 pm

An abortion has to take place before week 14. They don`t kill developed babies. There are good reasons for having an abortion. For you to dismiss these reasons based on the non-existent rights of a fetus (not a baby, not a human: a fetus) is very insensitive. The moment the baby would feel any pain (after week 14) is where i call it murder.

Just so you guys know: I am pro-choice
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:08 pm

they dont kill developed baby's? you say?

I am sorry just because, your not a very good pro-abortionist/murder.

you NEVER say terms like "developed baby".

there is only "baby", everything before that is just a bunch of worthless cells not even worth half a shit, according to pro abortionists/murderers.

Sorry kid, I am going to have to exploit your flaw, you should read up on pro abortion doctrine, they have all kinds of lovely terms for those cells that compromise a fetus and a baby, but your NEVER supposed to use the term fetus or baby, doing so would be admitting abortion is murder! Gosh, we wouldnt want that!

*ahem*

So you say its okay to kill babies as long as they are undeveloped? you still admit to them being babies, seeing as you used the term "developed baby" ther emust be an opposite term, such as "undeveloped baby", but both those terms denote that they are indeed, BABIES, nevertheless.

murderer.
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Trackaholic Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:

if my mom told me she was raped and thats how i was born i would have felt so sorry for her that she went through with it i mean its great that im alive and she did go through with it hats off to her you know..but i would tell her i would completely understand if i wasn't here because she took the morning after pill after she got raped seriously and she wouldn't have been killing me because i wasn't even formed yet there was nothing except some cells...just saying.

Sure you can say that, after all, thers no possibility of that actually happening, so you can hide behind a feigned nobleness that is hardly tangible.

Tell me though, are all abortions the result of rape?

And if you ask me, the solution to rape is not abortion, but to put rapists behind bars.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:24 pm