Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

4 posters

Is this normal for a rest period?

Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Is this normal for a rest period? Empty Is this normal for a rest period?

Post by Tri Babe 518 Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:31 pm

Okay, so I hurt my knee pretty bad and I'm taking two weeks off now as opposed to taking time off after the season (I'm pretty much done). So far I've only taken about 5-6 days off, but I have been RAVENOUS!

Does this have anything to do with taking time off (well, it has to do with some other things too...)? I have been eating a ton and most of it is a bunch of crap. Usually I'm a really good eater, so I have no idea as to what's been happening. How do I go back to eating well? I feel hooked on junk...
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Is this normal for a rest period? Empty Re: Is this normal for a rest period?

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:39 pm

drink a lot of water.
    PCNQtrack
    PCNQtrack
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1663
    Mile Time : 4:59
    Class : '11 BABY
    5000m XC Time : 16:59
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by PCNQtrack Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:52 pm

wow, same here LOL
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:21 pm

hmm, I've got the same thing going on, although I'm letting myself eat like shit for 1 week. After that it's back to "good" foods.

I've got another question - is it normal to be really tired during your rest period? I got 9 hours of sleep one night and 8 the next and I've been exhausted. So far I've napped for 3 hours today and I think I'm going to nap again before supper. Needless to say this is NOT conducive to getting homework done.
    PCNQtrack
    PCNQtrack
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1663
    Mile Time : 4:59
    Class : '11 BABY
    5000m XC Time : 16:59
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by PCNQtrack Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:28 pm

I'm with RD, I've kind of let myself go the past two days, and for awhile after Halloween I assume I will eat a lot of candy

after that it's back to my normal good runner eating habits

RD-I haven't noticed that yet, could it be something besides rest like stress or something?
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Tri Babe 518 Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:32 pm

runner_dude wrote:hmm, I've got the same thing going on, although I'm letting myself eat like shit for 1 week. After that it's back to "good" foods.

I've got another question - is it normal to be really tired during your rest period? I got 9 hours of sleep one night and 8 the next and I've been exhausted. So far I've napped for 3 hours today and I think I'm going to nap again before supper. Needless to say this is NOT conducive to getting homework done.

Yeah, the same thing has happened with me. I'm gonna try to go back to eating "good" foods, like you said, next week. I don't get why I'm so tired though...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:45 pm