Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+2
qqqq
White Wolf
6 posters

"Bill Clinton" Written by:ATribeCalledGreg

White Wolf
    White Wolf
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 219
    Mile Time : running
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

"Bill Clinton" Written by:ATribeCalledGreg Empty "Bill Clinton" Written by:ATribeCalledGreg

Post by White Wolf Thu May 22, 2008 7:57 pm

Like any story, I'll start at the beginning.

Earlier this week, we found out there would be an invitational at the college track about 10 minutes from our school for high school and only about 4 other schools would be there, and they all sucked just like us. So we were trying to get in, even though we had a meet Thursday, so it would be have been back to back meets.

Thursday comes and last period, right before we leave for our meet, my history class and about 3 others get called down to the auditorium. We are handed permission slips and told that tomorrow we were going to see Bill Clinton speak. I wasn't excited, actually I didn't want to go at all, but whatever. We would leave at 9 and get back to the school when school lets out at 2:15.

Right before the track team leaves for the meet, we take a team vote about whether or not to run the invitational the next day because it turns out we were allowed in. The vote is almost unanimously yes. I threw away my permission slip because the meet started at 2 and we would leave the school at 12:45.

So today, I wake up and feel feverish and my throat hurts. It's not a huge deal, but keep in mind that I feel terrible for everything that happens today. They call down all the kids going to the trip first period. I don't go down. Right when I walk into second period, they call my name to go to the auditorium. I thought I would just go down and tell them I'm not going.

I get down there and there is chaos. I saw my principle.

"Hey, I can't go I have a track meet."

"No, no, no. You have to go, this is a class thing."

"Well I have a track meet so I'm not going."

"You don't have a choice. No track meet you run in your life will be more important than this. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a former president."

So they send me down to the cafeteria to punch in my student number so I can prepay for a bagged lunch. I was so mad my piss was ready to boil. I see my coach and he asks me to ask if I can take my car and follow the buses to the event and leave when I need to. Of course, it was a no from the principle.

Since they cannot legally take me out of school without permission, they needed to call my dad. I thought about texting him a warning, but I knew he wouldn't know how to open it. My only hope was to talk to him on the phone and warn him when they called. The secretary asked me for my name and his number and called. She wouldn't even let me talk to him and all she told him was that all the history classes were going. She mentioned nothing about me not being back in time for my meet, so my Dad, unaware of the situation said yes.

I looked to the principle and he said,"You guys will get back around 1:30 - 2:00."

"The meet starts at 2:00 and I'm in the first event," I said.

"No one is going to miss their track meet," he assured me. He then joked that since I'm a distance runner, I should just run from the event to the track for a warm up (about a forty minute drive, what a funny guy)

I get on the bus and it is the slowest bus ride ever. I want to throw up or pass out or both. We park and sit on the bus for twenty minutes. We get inside and sit down and sit for another 45 minutes before anyone came out to speak. I texted my coach and told him how no one was even talking yet. He told me to tell the teacher who came with us (who is also the baseball coach and athletic director) to call him at the school.

I relayed the message to the teacher and everyone yelled for me to pass my phone up to him. I gave it to some girl who walked it up to him because keep in mind I was still feeling like crap.

The girl returned. "He said that your coach is not your boss so he's not calling him."

How mature, I thought.

Bill finally came on and we could not hear a word he was saying. He mic was way low and everyone around me was talking. Meanwhile, the teacher left in his car to go to the baseball game. I guess he didn't want to be late.

So we leave before Bill is even done because we need to get back before school lets out or else all these kids have no ride home. They give us out lunches over two hours later than I usually eat my lunch in school. It was a hoagie that I didn't really want because the meat would be nasty coming back up since I felt so sick. I only ate the bread. There was also some fruit and a cookie, none of which I liked. To drink was a chocolate milk which I obviously couldn't drink before a race. So for $1.75 I ate a bun.

We finally got back to the school at 2:30. The buses were all still waiting and a I sprinted into the school to get my books and stuff. I got into my car along with two teammates who needed a ride and we sped off. I was in a 45 zone for most of the trip, but I was going about 75 the whole time.

So we finally got to the meet. I missed the 4x8 and we didn't have enough guys to have a team compete. Had we been there, we would have came in second. My teammate in my car literally jumped out of the car and got into the starting blocks for the 100m. I had about 10 minutes to get ready for the mile.

I ran the mile pissed off and shaved 11 seconds off my PR, finished in 5:55. I felt like throwing up, but it was two mile time. I ran that in 13:53, three seconds slower than my PR which I ran at the track meet the day before.

I drove home and feel like I'm on fire. I feel so sick and it's hard to swallow. I am mad. The end.
    qqqq

Number of posts : 9

"Bill Clinton" Written by:ATribeCalledGreg Empty Re: "Bill Clinton" Written by:ATribeCalledGreg

Post by qqqq Thu May 22, 2008 10:31 pm

?

Last edited by qqqq on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    White Wolf
    White Wolf
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 219
    Mile Time : running

"Bill Clinton" Written by:ATribeCalledGreg Empty Re: "Bill Clinton" Written by:ATribeCalledGreg

Post by White Wolf Thu May 22, 2008 10:34 pm

You should post some. I tried looking through alot of your pages for threads you made but, alot didn't have storys. I'll find some though you only got 106 pages haha
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:39 am

This is one of, if not the best one.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:25 pm

i remember thinking this was true.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 pm

i thought this was one of the few that was true.
    mary XC
    mary XC
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 267
    Mile Time : 6:01 (hopefully sub 6 soon!)
    Class : 8th grade
    800m Time : 2:47.47
    5000m XC Time : 21:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-31

Post by mary XC Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:38 pm

yea i figured it was true
    it didnt end in a rap

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:29 am