Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+17
FinishingKick
runner_dude
NotChangingUntilSub5
hxc
xc_babe09
RUNxxWILD07
May As Well Run
Kugar
XxcrosscountrygirlxX
Just Because
alex-likes-running
Adonai
BA_Sadie.
thelagwagon
T B K
Phuckduck
baby got track
21 posters

Obesity

baby got track
    baby got track
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2211
    Class : 2011
    5000m XC Time : 22:42
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Obesity Empty Obesity

Post by baby got track Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Discuss and debate.

A few random thoughts:

It's a problem. (duh)

I feel like kids today don't even have a chance growing up around the kind of food that's available... like, a 5 year old kid doesn't know anything about food and since fastfood restaurants are EVERYWHERE, that's what he'll be eating. By the time he's older and realizes that it's bad he'll already be 50 pounds overweight... today's children are basically doomed unless they have very health-conscious parents or good genetics.

Also, it's just plain alarming to see how many people are overweight or obese. I'm not talking about an extra ten pounds, I'm talking huge. I work sometimes in a hospital, and it really scares me how many healthcare professionals are extremely overweight. If they, of all people, (being so educated on HEALTH) don't know better... yikes. Shocked
    baby got track
    baby got track
    Elite
    Elite

Obesity Empty Re: Obesity

Post by baby got track Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:06 pm

I don't like fat adults. They should know better.
    It just sucks for the kids because they really can't do anything about it. A seven year old can't make his own healthy dinner if his parents are too lazy to make it for him.

And to tie in with the ED thing- it's gotten to the point where everybody's so obese that normal people are being accused of having EDs.
    "God forbid someone isn't carrying around an extra 30 pounds; they must have a serious problem!!"
    It's SO stupid.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:19 pm

Fat people suck, its their own fault
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:21 pm

My friend just turned 13 and he weighs 183, and he weighed as much as I do now when he was 8. What really disturbs me though is that his mom is a pediatrician. And his sister who is 9 weighs 150lbs. Shocked
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Let the fat people be fat. People really shouldn't need to be told that it's unhealthy to be fat, but I agree with greg that society is becoming to accomodating towards them.

What's criminal is that in NZ we have universal healthcare, so you have to pay 39% income tax and 12.5% sales tax so that these fat asses can get operations which are thier own dam fault. Nothing pisses me off more. Same with smokers, we have to pay billions a year to cure people of cancer who asked for it. Hold onto private healthcare while you can!
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:22 pm

idk but somethings needs to be done about it and sorry but i don't think liposuction is the answer lol. just go get off your butt and excercise its not that hard..this is one thing that really just drives me insane. i will never understand how a person can get that way or stay that way...
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:38 pm

The only thing I hate, is fat people who don't think they are fat. I am talking about the fat girls who still insist on wearing tiny skirts and low cut halter tops that accentuate their rolls. I do not want to see your cellulite-ridden ass in a g-string at Waterworld anymore! Its honestly disgusting.

Fat people who know they are fat and embrace it are chill though.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:40 pm

SourWorms wrote:The only thing I hate, is fat people who don't think they are fat. I am talking about the fat girls who still insist on wearing tiny skirts and low cut halter tops that accentuate their rolls. I do not want to see your cellulite-ridden ass in a g-string at Waterworld anymore! Its honestly disgusting.

My 183 pound friend says good runners arn't athletes and he thinks he is tougher than me when he can't run a lap around the block (.3 miles) Razz
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:42 pm

SourWorms wrote:The only thing I hate, is fat people who don't think they are fat. I am talking about the fat girls who still insist on wearing tiny skirts and low cut halter tops that accentuate their rolls. I do not want to see your cellulite-ridden ass in a g-string at Waterworld anymore! Its honestly disgusting.

totally agree with you about the beginning thats just sick..its not like i don't like fat people i just don't understand them lol.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:48 pm

I mean but we all know fat people who are totally cool people and they know they are fat and embrace it and are just jolly.

And i am firm in my belief that only fat people can be jolly, everyone else is happy
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:52 pm

I love fat girls. And I'm not talking about love handles. I'm talking about morbidly obese, 400 pounds whales. I just love digging my face in those bundles of chunky blubber. I want a girl that's so fat i can't see her g-string because her back fat hangs down to her hamstrings.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:53 pm

Adonai wrote:I love fat girls. And I'm not talking about love handles. I'm talking about morbidly obese, 400 pounds whales. I just love digging my face in those bundles of chunky blubber. I want a girl that's so fat i can't see her g-string because her back fat hangs down to her hamstrings.

Grade F meat.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:46 pm

i've honestly never met a fat person that i've liked (although i guess i may have liked those fake santa clause's at the mall during christmastime when i was little).

fat people annoy me, especially when they blame it on genetics and say its not their fault.
    and fat girls wearing mini skirts make me want to /wrist.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:39 pm

i've met one fat person that is kinda funny or jolly lol. w/e..just cuz he is a huge who fan lol.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:40 am

thelagwagon wrote:Let the fat people be fat. People really shouldn't need to be told that it's unhealthy to be fat, but I agree with greg that society is becoming to accomodating towards them.

What's criminal is that in NZ we have universal healthcare, so you have to pay 39% income tax and 12.5% sales tax so that these fat asses can get operations which are thier own dam fault. Nothing pisses me off more. Same with smokers, we have to pay billions a year to cure people of cancer who asked for it. Hold onto private healthcare while you can!

+1

This really pisses me off. Our taxation rate is slightly higher (42% and 13%). I think that you should have to pay for surgury or chemo etc. yourself if you smoke or over-eat, etc.
    XxcrosscountrygirlxX
    XxcrosscountrygirlxX
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-06-07

Post by XxcrosscountrygirlxX Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:40 am

i hate fat people. this college girl that lived with us wasn't super fat, but she definately had love handles and she was trying to loose some weight. so what does she do? go to the gym 2x per week except if she has exams or is stressed out or has other plans (aka all the time) and eats mac n cheese, pizza, and cheese quesadillas. it bugged me so much, because all the time she complained about not loosing weight and it was like wtf!!!!! if you want to loose weight work out more and don't eat crap!!!!

i hate fat people. it's their own fault.
    baby got track
    baby got track
    Elite
    Elite

Post by baby got track Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:54 am

XxcrosscountrygirlxX wrote:
    i hate fat people. it's their own fault.
    +1
    I hate how it's their fault (they could have done something to not get fat), and then they ask for people's sympathy and then society just goes on to tell them that they look fine and to embrace themselves. It's so stupid.
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 404
    Class : Junior
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Kugar Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:36 pm

But why is the girl who is 20 lbs underweight treated like she's a psycho with such a terrible problem when a girl who's 40 lbs overweight is perceived as just fine now?

This ticks me off. People joke that I'm anorexic, when I'm actually well within the acceptable weight range for my height and age (135 at 5'8"), but joking that an overweight kid has self-control issues? That will get you dirty looks and immediate trouble.

I understand that there are health problems that can lead to obesity (including psychological problems and such), but I do find myself vaguely irritated when people treat being overweight as an acceptable malady.
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by May As Well Run Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 pm

I don't understand by people hate other people who are fat so much. Fat people have decided that they are happier at their weight than at another. If they are not happy, they try to lose it. And we should be supporting them in their efforts, not blasting fat jokes at them.
    Kugar
    Kugar
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 404
    Class : Junior
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Kugar Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:41 pm

May As Well Run wrote:I don't understand by people hate other people who are fat so much. Fat people have decided that they are happier at their weight than at another. If they are not happy, they try to lose it. And we should be supporting them in their efforts, not blasting fat jokes at them.

Then we should do the same for smokers and alcoholics and drug addicts too. Instead of deciding that "obese people need support!" but it's okay to spit at the heroin addict curled up on the street corner Rolling Eyes

Edit: It's not that I dislike fat people. Dude, if you're fat and you truly are happy that way, more power to you. Several of my best friends have packed on a few pounds, and it isn't as though I'm going to ditch them and say, "Oh well! You're fat now and I think that's a bad decision so I'm not going to be your friend any more!" But I do think it's a poor choice as long as that obesity is not influenced by a medical problem. It's very similar to how I feel about drugs. You want to take drugs? Go for it. I won't hate you for it. But that doesn't mean I think it's a good idea.
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 995
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:24 pm

I hate that fat people will tell you a recipie for something and its like realllllly unhealthy and your like thats not good for you and there like but its good. its annoying, their fault when they die an early death too cause they did it to themselves. Or if you are eating something and they are like you are barely eating and its like a normal sized meal.
    RUNxxWILD07
    RUNxxWILD07
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 995
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

Post by RUNxxWILD07 Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:24 pm

^ oh, and +1 to what greg said, good post.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:26 pm

we mostly eat fastfood but i dislike doing it all the time cuz i know its so bad for me. im more health conscious than my parents just because im athletic and i know that what i put in my body needs to be good for me but they dont care. we do get v8 and i usually get cliff bars cuz they are mostly organic. i cant wait to buy my own food so i can get healthier stuff.

are obesity is pretty much are fault. people complain about portion size for what they pay so food places make the portions bigger and inevitably when you eat out you eat more than one serving by eating one sandwich or even a side dish. if you go to other countries the portion control is better.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by xc_babe09 Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:29 pm

RUNxxWILD07 wrote:I hate that fat people will tell you a recipie for something and its like realllllly unhealthy and your like thats not good for you and there like but its good. its annoying, their fault when they die an early death too cause they did it to themselves. Or if you are eating something and they are like you are barely eating and its like a normal sized meal.

my aunt was very obese and pretty much caused herself to become diabetic. she was on dialysis every other day. she couldnt hardly walk but she ate fastfood all the time. she would eat a meal at home then go to mcdonalds and get more food. she wasnt supposed to eat fastfood or sweets at all but she didnt listen to her doctors. i think if she would have listened she might have lived longer.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:30 pm

xc_babe09 wrote:we mostly eat fastfood but i dislike doing it all the time cuz i know its so bad for me. im more health conscious than my parents just because im athletic and i know that what i put in my body needs to be good for me but they dont care. we do get v8 and i usually get cliff bars cuz they are mostly organic. i cant wait to buy my own food so i can get healthier stuff.

are obesity is pretty much are fault. people complain about portion size for what they pay so food places make the portions bigger and inevitably when you eat out you eat more than one serving by eating one sandwich or even a side dish. if you go to other countries the portion control is better.

Why do you eat fast food all the time if you dislike it? And I wouldn't call that being conscious about your health.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:16 am