Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+10
May As Well Run
BA_Sadie.
Adonai
silly runner:)
Running With Scissors
funrunner
FinishingKick
thelagwagon
Pinthin
Phuckduck
14 posters

Cannabis

Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Cannabis - Page 2 Empty Re: Cannabis

Post by Pinthin Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:32 am

Adonai wrote:Stop being stupid. THC does not kill brain cells and is not addictive. A weak person may become addicted to the feeling THC produces, just as many weak americans become addicted to junk food and become fat balls of lard, but the withdrawl which comes with smoking something chemically addictive, such as tobacco, is not present.

I have been a casual smoker of cannabis for probably three years now; yet, i maintain a 4.2 gpa without much effort, have not become addicted to its effects, and have not moved on to more intense drugs as the popular argument that weed is a gateway drug suggests I should.

agree waay to go, your special!!! lol but seriously.. I think only naturally smart people should be allowed to smoke pot, if they can handle it then okay w/e; it’s the dumb ones you have to watch out for. Personally, I don’t see the point in it but to each his own.

I won’t get into this again, but even sourworms said it. Inhaling any smoke isn’t good for you. Cannabis isn't the worst drug out there, but you probably shouldn't do it anyways (just because it does have some side-effects).

FIN angry spin

Last edited by Pinthin on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:37 am

I probably shouldn't, your right, inhaling smoke is bad for your lungs and is not in any way good for you. But I like getting high, so I will do it. Actually I am still a little high right now. So if anyone is thinking "god dammit you must me high, you are so wrong;" the answer is yes, I am high, but not wrong.
    runnr4life877
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by runnr4life877 Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 am

I think of weed like I do alcohol and cigarettes.

I think they are completely stupid, waste of money, and waste of time and don't ever plan on using any of them, but if people want to be stupid enough to do it, go ahead...idiots.

My brother smokes weed and he is a complete ass. My family isn't doing so well in terms of money. He asks my mom for 80 dollars because he says he is going to buy shoes. Completely lied to her face and 5 minutes later spent it on weed. He smokes A LOT. Multiple times a day. He almost nearly flunked out of his first year of college and will only be able to continue if he gets a 3.0 or high first semester or something this year. He wastes all his money on weed and alcohol.

I hate him with a passion. He's just making everything worse in our family.

To add, he was a good student before he started smoking, mostly A's with only 1 or 2 B's.

Sorry, just had to get that out, my rant is done =]

Go ahead and keep smoking.

PS: The smell of weed is completely HORRIBLE. It's just about the worst smell ever.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:55 am

well your brother is weak obviously.

I smoke it and buy it with my own money that i work for. I maintain good grades and high test scores.

Im sorry if your brother sucks at life, but it is not weed that is the problem, it is weak people like him.
    runnr4life877
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by runnr4life877 Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:57 am

SourWorms wrote:well your brother is weak obviously.

I smoke it and buy it with my own money that i work for. I maintain good grades and high test scores.

Im sorry if your brother sucks at life, but it is not weed that is the problem, it is weak people like him.

If it is legal, will they be able to restrict it from "weak" people like him? Every single weak person in the world won't be able to get weed? I doubt they can do that. Therefore, shouldn't it stay illegal?
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:17 am

No, but weak people can get cigarrettes and alcohol. weed is less dangerous than both of these, so why shouldn't it be legal?

Why should I be punished for the weakness of those like your brother.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:32 am

The legality of weed doesn't change its availability.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:46 am

Even if it was legal I still wouldn't do it. But then again I don't drink or smoke cigarettes so it really has nothing to do with it being "worse" than other things (which it is not). I'd rather not get tar all over my lungs.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:51 am

Adonai wrote:The legality of weed doesn't change its availability.

Are you kidding me? The day weed becomes legal, the number of marijuana crops in our country will increase ten-fold. And we confiscate tons of weed everyday on the borders and in airports, so we can add that into the mix too.

But unfortunately once the government legalizes it, they will set a monopoly on it and tax the shit out of it like they did with tobacco, so there will be more weed at a more expensive price.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 am

runnr4life877 wrote:I think of weed like I do alcohol and cigarettes.

I think they are completely stupid, waste of money, and waste of time and don't ever plan on using any of them, but if people want to be stupid enough to do it, go ahead...idiots.

My brother smokes weed and he is a complete ass. My family isn't doing so well in terms of money. He asks my mom for 80 dollars because he says he is going to buy shoes. Completely lied to her face and 5 minutes later spent it on weed. He smokes A LOT. Multiple times a day. He almost nearly flunked out of his first year of college and will only be able to continue if he gets a 3.0 or high first semester or something this year. He wastes all his money on weed and alcohol.

I hate him with a passion. He's just making everything worse in our family.

To add, he was a good student before he started smoking, mostly A's with only 1 or 2 B's.

Sorry, just had to get that out, my rant is done =]

Go ahead and keep smoking.

PS: The smell of weed is completely HORRIBLE. It's just about the worst smell ever.

geeze thats terrible im so sorry.
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 55

Post by May As Well Run Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:42 am

Adonai wrote:Stop being stupid. THC does not kill brain cells and is not addictive. A weak person may become addicted to the feeling THC produces, just as many weak americans become addicted to junk food and become fat balls of lard, but the withdrawl which comes with smoking something chemically addictive, such as tobacco, is not present.

I have been a casual smoker of cannabis for probably three years now; yet, i maintain a 4.2 gpa without much effort, have not become addicted to its effects, and have not moved on to more intense drugs as the popular argument that weed is a gateway drug suggests I should.
    I call bullshit or that you go to a crappy school.

What do you do when you smoke weed? You sit there on the couch and do nothing. What does this achieve? Pot is grossly unproductive for sociaty.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:09 pm

May As Well Run wrote:

What do you do when you smoke weed? You sit there on the couch and do nothing. What does this achieve? Pot is grossly unproductive for sociaty.

not defending him or anything but..We had a guy at our school (graduated) who had a 4.0 (thats the highest..Never heard of 4.2) took all Ap classes was football captain and worked at McDonalds who smoked pot. Really nice guy, just had really dumb friends. So I guess he proves that you can smoke pot and be a decent human being.
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Post by May As Well Run Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Whats your school like though? There are a lot of schools out there were its pie to pass.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:27 pm

I dunno its not private or anything, I guess it's like all the other public schools in america Rolling Eyes . He's going to a really good college too, just cant remember where, & he got a hefty scholarship.

And *where it's , sorry that was bugging me.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:31 pm

I go to a private school, maintain a 3.7, 4 AP classes, 33 ACT, 2000 SAT, and I smoke weed.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't kill brain cells...
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:32 pm

May As Well Run wrote:

He goes to a good school, its not private, but it isn't an inner-city school. And he takes every AP class you can
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Post by May As Well Run Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:53 pm

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe long term?

Regardless. The just sitting their doing nothing is in itself a bad thing.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:39 pm

I sit there and do nothing all the time, its called watching t.v haha so I guess I should be getting bad grades?

Wink
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:42 pm

The only real problem with the legalization of marijuana is the ability to check for sobriety. There is no sort of machine as the breathalizer to test driving under the influence.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 pm

CT Track wrote:The only real problem with the legalization of marijuana is the ability to check for sobriety. There is no sort of machine as the breathalizer to test driving under the influence.

true I've brought that up before, but I think they can just tell when you smell like pot and your acting really strange.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:49 pm

It's easy to assume a lot, but no criminal vidication.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:54 pm

yeah true, at least they're working on a system for that.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Story time!

When I was in seventh grade me and some friends were sitting in the back of the track bus during a meet, and one of them was smoking a shitload of weed.
    We were just sitting there talking about stuff and all of a sudden a bus driver runs onto the bus and yells "who THE FUCK is smoking on this bus??" The kid started laughing and lowered himself down into his seat, and the bus driver ran to the back of the bus and drilled the kid in the stomach. At this point we all went silent. I was scared. I thought he was gonna kill me or something. He pulled the kid up to the front of the bus and brought him to our coach.

I don't know if this part is true, because he told us when he came back, but
    the bus driver told him to tell the coach what happened, so he said

"I was just sitting on the bus and this guy runs back and tries to molest me!"

The bus driver got prosecuted for endangering the welfare of a child, and the kid got kicked off the track team.

I don't like him anymore though. He smoked too much weed, got obsessed, and just isn't the same. I don't really wanna argue, but I'd say weed just messes you up, even if it doesn't do much to your body.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:11 pm

CT Track wrote:The only real problem with the legalization of marijuana is the ability to check for sobriety. There is no sort of machine as the breathalizer to test driving under the influence.

Have you ever hung out with a stoned guy? Trust me, you can tell.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:15 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:Story time!

When I was in seventh grade me and some friends were sitting in the back of the track bus during a meet, and one of them was smoking a shitload of weed.
    We were just sitting there talking about stuff and all of a sudden a bus driver runs onto the bus and yells "who THE FUCK is smoking on this bus??" The kid started laughing and lowered himself down into his seat, and the bus driver ran to the back of the bus and drilled the kid in the stomach. At this point we all went silent. I was scared. I thought he was gonna kill me or something. He pulled the kid up to the front of the bus and brought him to our coach.

I don't know if this part is true, because he told us when he came back, but
    the bus driver told him to tell the coach what happened, so he said

"I was just sitting on the bus and this guy runs back and tries to molest me!"

The bus driver got prosecuted for endangering the welfare of a child, and the kid got kicked off the track team.

I don't like him anymore though. He smoked too much weed, got obsessed, and just isn't the same. I don't really wanna argue, but I'd say weed just messes you up, even if it doesn't do much to your body.

That wasn't the product of weed, that was the product of an asshole kid. Its the same as alcohol except less dangerous to others. when assholes drink, they become bigger assholes, just like weed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:15 am