Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+10
May As Well Run
BA_Sadie.
Adonai
silly runner:)
Running With Scissors
funrunner
FinishingKick
thelagwagon
Pinthin
Phuckduck
14 posters

Cannabis

Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Cannabis Empty Cannabis

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:49 am

Should it be legalized?

What do you think about kids who use it, and the drug itself
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Cannabis Empty Re: Cannabis

Post by Pinthin Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:55 am

Should I answer this? I'll only be called ignorant and not worthy of your kindness. Rolling Eyes

anyways, I'm iffy. I think it should because compared to other mood-altering drugs its not as bad, but then dui 's(I think its the same for drugs..) might become more of a problem. Not saying people don't drive stoned, I'm sure some do but none that I know of. Its easy to get anyways and maybe if it becomes legal it will loose some of its 'cool factor' so some kids might loose interest, but I really doubt that would happen.
    If people want to just get stoned in their basement, naked and eat cheetos in a bean bag chair..haha thats fine by me. Just dont go out in public.

OH and medically, if it helps people ease their pain then I think they should get it. I think your less likely to get addicted to marijuana then pain medication. can you still get that from your doctor?? confused
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:06 am

Marijuana is legal and california and it can be prescribed by a doctor.

and driving stoned is not the same as driving drunk at all. There are virtually no marijuana related auto accidents
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none

Post by Pinthin Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:12 am

SourWorms wrote:Marijuana is legal and california and it can be prescribed by a doctor.

and driving stoned is not the same as driving drunk at all. There are virtually no marijuana related auto accidents

no I meant if you get pulled over with drugs in your system, what is that not a dui?? hmm
    but I didn't think there would be alot of accidents, but it could be increased.

I listen to adam corrolla alot, so my views are pretty much the same as his. If anyone listens to him. I think he's an idiot, but a funny one that makes a good point about marijuana.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:37 am

yeah i'm sure it would be considered dui. but they couldn't really do a field test on you but i'm sure it would be obvious
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:34 am

I think it should be legalized. I have a few mates who use it, i've used it before. I don't see why it should be illegal in the first place.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:38 am

I have no opinion on the matter. =/
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 627

Post by funrunner Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:19 pm

I don't see why it shouldn't be legalized, but it should still be illegal to drive under its influence. It IS a mind-altering drug, after all. Legalization would cut down on wasteful, fruitless court cases. Legalization really isn't a question of safety (lighter fluid and paint are legal and abusing those is much more dangerous than marijuana), but a question of general availability and public opinion. Of course if it remains illegal it's no skin off my nose.

As for people who use it, I know a few cool people who use marijuana, but the vast majority of users I know are dicks. I have a feeling it's usually the dikiness that leads to the use and not the other way around.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:35 pm

I think it depends on the user. There are some kids who do it three times a day and devote their lives and all of their money to smoking weed. I mean, get a life guys. Occasional users are alright if they can handle themselves while high. I am just tired of the kids who can't handle a mind-altering substance and completely flip out and aren't even funny. I am in full support of weed, but people should have some discretion.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Yeah i agree it depends on the person using it. Some people are just flat out stupid and shouldn't use it at all.
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 146
    Mile Time : running. duh.
    Class : :)
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by silly runner:) Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Running With Scissors wrote:Yeah i agree it depends on the person using it. Some people are just flat out stupid and shouldn't use it at all.

i agree. i don't see what the big deal is. if people can handle their shit and not hurt other people, (which is normally the case) then it's no big deal. and i think people are gonna use whether or not it's legal. so. i wouldn't mind if it was legal though.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:26 pm

Running With Scissors wrote:Yeah i agree it depends on the person using it. Some people are just flat out stupid and shouldn't use it at all.

Exactly, I don't want to be behind the stoner in a grocery store line who needs 10 minutes to figure out how to give the cashier 2 dollars for a bag of cheetohs
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:06 am

Smoking weed is like going to church; it is but an opiate of the masses to help them cope with the bitterness of life.. except smoking weed is fun, going to church is not.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:18 am

I whole-heartedly agree. You are a very smart poster
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:43 am

Adonai wrote:Smoking weed is like going to church; it is but an opiate of the masses to help them cope with the bitterness of life.. except smoking weed is fun, going to church is not.

awww i like going to church.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:45 pm

I like smoking weed, I guess we both have our vices
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:45 pm

haha guess so.
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 55

Post by May As Well Run Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:33 pm

You don't hear of people getting DUIs from cannbis use because the penalty will be even more severe than if they were under the unfluence of alcohol. Weed is outlawed for many reasons, some political and selfish and some not. In the end, all politics aside, weed is a very bad thing. It makes people unproductive, kills brain cells and fertility and may make you over weight. With that said, the use of Cannibis as a medicine prescribed by a doctor should not be impaired.
    BagoXC25
    BagoXC25
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 364

Post by BagoXC25 Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:46 pm

I think if the government is bold enough to legalize alcohol and cigarettes, then it should legalize marijuana. Marijuana is practically harmless compared to those two.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:49 am

SourWorms wrote:I whole-heartedly agree. You are a very smart poster

you need a fake account to boost your ego
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:17 am

May As Well Run wrote:You don't hear of people getting DUIs from cannbis use because the penalty will be even more severe than if they were under the unfluence of alcohol. Weed is outlawed for many reasons, some political and selfish and some not. In the end, all politics aside, weed is a very bad thing. It makes people unproductive, kills brain cells and fertility and may make you over weight. With that said, the use of Cannibis as a medicine prescribed by a doctor should not be impaired.

It doesn't kill brain cells, that is the most annoying argument people always say. They don't actually know, mommy and DARE just tell them it is so, so they believe it.
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Post by May As Well Run Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 am

SourWorms wrote:
    May As Well Run wrote:You don't hear of people getting DUIs from cannbis use because the penalty will be even more severe than if they were under the unfluence of alcohol. Weed is outlawed for many reasons, some political and selfish and some not. In the end, all politics aside, weed is a very bad thing. It makes people unproductive, kills brain cells and fertility and may make you over weight. With that said, the use of Cannibis as a medicine prescribed by a doctor should not be impaired.

It doesn't kill brain cells, that is the most annoying argument people always say. They don't actually know, mommy and DARE just tell them it is so, so they believe it.

It does indeed kill brain cells. Even if it doesn't, it still shows weakness by making you addicted and breeds unproductivity.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:21 pm

I'm sorry friend, but unfortunately THC is not chemically addictive in any way
    May As Well Run
    Amateur
    Amateur

Post by May As Well Run Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:40 pm

There are more ways to be addicted to something rather than physically. Phychological addiction is a very real thing. If you tell someone (or yourself) they need something they will constantly use it.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263

Post by Adonai Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:51 pm

Stop being stupid. THC does not kill brain cells and is not addictive. A weak person may become addicted to the feeling THC produces, just as many weak americans become addicted to junk food and become fat balls of lard, but the withdrawl which comes with smoking something chemically addictive, such as tobacco, is not present.

I have been a casual smoker of cannabis for probably three years now; yet, i maintain a 4.2 gpa without much effort, have not become addicted to its effects, and have not moved on to more intense drugs as the popular argument that weed is a gateway drug suggests I should.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:54 am