Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+15
AudienceOfOne
TnF_T
BA_Sadie.
Running With Scissors
hxc
ND XC 23
NotChangingUntilSub5
futureNIKErunner
Kugar
runner_dude
FinishingKick
ctk4xc11
P2
baby got track
Trackaholic
19 posters

Feeling Stronger every day

FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Feeling Stronger every day - Page 2 Empty Re: Feeling Stronger every day

Post by FinishingKick Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:43 pm

[quote="AudienceOfOne"]
    FK wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:not me, i feel slow, tired, weaker, anythin u can think of.

That is what happens when you run more miles than you can handle. scale back the mileage and you will feel better.

And when you race three times in less than a month.[/quote]That was one of the best posts I have ever read on this site.
    because we don't do that in the season.....
    But not at a total of at least 15k and not long after a full track season.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:49 pm

[quote="FK"]
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FK wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:not me, i feel slow, tired, weaker, anythin u can think of.

That is what happens when you run more miles than you can handle. scale back the mileage and you will feel better.

And when you race three times in less than a month.[/quote]That was one of the best posts I have ever read on this site.
    since when? in the middle of xc season i've had 5 5ks in a month.
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by funrunner Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:54 pm

[quote="FK"]
    AudienceOfOne wrote:
    FK wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:

In our XC season we have 2 meets a week for almost 3 months.

But yeah, I feel like I'm improving. I've kept all of my easy runs at around 7:45, which is pretty good for me considering how easy I'm taking it. I'm also running almost twice as many miles as I did during base for track and 3x what I did for XC last year, so I'm hoping for big things (well, you know, decent things). Of course if I opened the season with a 5k at the pace tracko just did his 10 miler I would be a happy, happy man.
    ND XC 23
    ND XC 23
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 563
    Mile Time : i like to do stuff
    Class : funny
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by ND XC 23 Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:21 pm

futureNIKErunner wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:thats how i was in track i absolutely hated it i didn't care about races and i just hated it so much and wanted to do soccer lol. and then i took three weeks off after track and realized that i do really love running and stuff and i wouldn't ever be able to completely stop. it was just like i was mentally burnout or something i never felt like that before. but now im so happy and ready to run and its soo great lol.

yeah i have to wait until late fall to take my break, or early spring before track, cause right after track i have a big 10k race, and then another one 2 weeks later. that i do every year. and w/ my camp i cant get out of shape for that.

2 or 3 days is a good mental break and wont affect you physically...it might actually just make you feel fresher
    Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 422

Post by Trackaholic Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:35 pm

There are highs and lows in training, every now and then we must push through a painful low, but it is only to gain momentum for the next high point.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:37 pm

[quote="AudienceOfOne"]
    FK wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:

Welcome to base phase, the point where you're supposed to be letting your body get ready for the next season, and recover for the last.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by TnF_T Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:00 pm

futureNIKErunner wrote:
    TnF_T wrote:If you are forcing yourself out the door A LOT then whats the point of running?

because i do love it and enjoy it, just the roads around here are getting boring. and i love running around people or @ least in new places. i have been running in the same roads for years, and it gets to me maybe more than it does to others.
    i would really love to run w/ someone or @ least around people like in town.
    Good reason, are there no trails nearby?
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 pm

pshh trails in ohio is that a joke? lol.
    silly runner:)
    silly runner:)
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 146
    Mile Time : running. duh.
    Class : :)
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by silly runner:) Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:47 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:thats how i was in track i absolutely hated it i didn't care about races and i just hated it so much and wanted to do soccer lol. and then i took three weeks off after track and realized that i do really love running and stuff and i wouldn't ever be able to completely stop. it was just like i was mentally burnout or something i never felt like that before. but now im so happy and ready to run and its soo great lol.

i felt the same exact way during track. i was just burnt out. i took on too much during the winter and didn't give myself enough of a break after xc. i was so tired out during track that i ran my slowest times all season at championships.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:57 pm

futureNIKErunner wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:eh im just starting my third week back from track so im still getting back into it..im a lot more happy with my running though than i was before i enjoy it a lot more. like i don't have to force myself out the door and stuff.

i have to force myself outside A LOT!
    i wanna take a few days and just relax, w/ out the stress of training. but i have a camp coming up. and another race in 2 weeks.

Since you are obviously being messed up:
    -Take 3-4 days off to do some XT. You obviously need it.
    -Take down the pace of your runs
    -Take an ice bath: This got me through some hard weeks
    -Don`t race as much because it seems to be messing with you.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:36 pm

silly runner:) wrote:

i felt the same exact way during track. i was just burnt out. i took on too much during the winter and didn't give myself enough of a break after xc. i was so tired out during track that i ran my slowest times all season at championships.

yeah i don't know what it was..im just glad that im back to loving it again. During winter i was so happy with running and loved it so much and then idk track just sucked so bad. i just didn't care at all.
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3510
    Mile Time : wat goes here again?
    Class : Sophmore

Post by futureNIKErunner Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:41 pm

TnF_T wrote:
    futureNIKErunner wrote:
    TnF_T wrote:If you are forcing yourself out the door A LOT then whats the point of running?

because i do love it and enjoy it, just the roads around here are getting boring. and i love running around people or @ least in new places. i have been running in the same roads for years, and it gets to me maybe more than it does to others.
    i would really love to run w/ someone or @ least around people like in town.
    Good reason, are there no trails nearby?

no, nothing.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010

Post by Pinthin Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:42 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:

yeah i don't know what it was..im just glad that im back to loving it again. During winter i was so happy with running and loved it so much and then idk track just sucked so bad. i just didn't care at all.

same here, this was a really crappy track season. I've ran the slowest times of my life (didn't have any 'career' pr's ) but now i'm starting to feel, energetic?? and mentally too. I wanted to shoot myself the whole season.

So now i'm really excited for next track season!! lol
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:43 pm

[quote="AudienceOfOne"]
    FK wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:

this is my season, and it will last until oct or nov, when i switch over to base training for track for like 4-5 months, w/ races scattered like once a month,
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Post by futureNIKErunner Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:45 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:

i hated winter running, and pushed to hard. i think i peaked in the winter, i was in the best shape of my life, and running these amazing workouts for me. sadly i wasted my peak on my workouts instead of races. and i didnt relized i had peaked until i started running slower during track season. and the hard winter months burned me out a little for the important track training.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:49 pm

futureNIKErunner wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:

i hated winter running, and pushed to hard. i think i peaked in the winter, i was in the best shape of my life, and running these amazing workouts for me. sadly i wasted my peak on my workouts instead of races. and i didnt relized i had peaked until i started running slower during track season. and the hard winter months burned me out a little for the important track training.

yeah i ran a lot better during winter too that was the first time i ran with my trainer and it was just awesome..but then i came to track and didn't go to him anymore and just didn't care and erghhh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:28 am