Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+22
Adonai
XxcrosscountrygirlxX
Trackaholic
funrunner
Phuckduck
T B K
hxc
The Riddler
NotChangingUntilSub5
TnF_T
Just Because
Pinthin
Running With Scissors
mae2937
alex-likes-running
xc_babe09
futureNIKErunner
BA_Sadie.
PCNQtrack
AudienceOfOne
FinishingKick
thelagwagon
26 posters

Abortion

Poll

Which one are you?

[ 13 ]
    Abortion - Page 2 Bar_left62%Abortion - Page 2 Bar_right [62%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Abortion - Page 2 Bar_left38%Abortion - Page 2 Bar_right [38%] 

Total Votes: 21
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Abortion - Page 2 Empty Re: Abortion

Post by thelagwagon Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:14 pm

mae2937 wrote:spirituall we had a connection...you cant physcially feel "spiritual" things....and spiritual things are things related to God...so if i felt him please tell me how that is spiritual??? I just dont get it an embryo is a baby and a human....what is non-human about it

Go tell it to the scientists, I'm sure you're right and they are all wrong.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1125
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Post by mae2937 Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:22 pm

The NIH defines the embryonic stage as the beginning of developed human form
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Running With Scissors Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:26 pm

Abortion is wrong
    case closed
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:37 pm

I think if you get an abortion really early, all your "killing" is cells. I dont think you can get an abortion after a certain amount of time (like 4+months along or w/e) But the only reason I think a woman should get an abortion is if it will kill her or she was raped.

I think abortion is wrong because it says to girls 'oh you dont have to worry about getting pregnant because you can just get an abortion' and thats never good. But I doubt abortion will be as big now because they have the morning after pill.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Post by mae2937 Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:47 pm

instead of the morning pill heres a great idea...if you dont want to get pregant dont have sex
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none

Post by Pinthin Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:57 pm

mae2937 wrote:instead of the morning pill heres a great idea...if you dont want to get pregant dont have sex

...I never said I agreed with the pill. I believe in abstinence and all the jazz, I'm just saying that now that they have the pill there will be alot less abortions.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:17 pm

FK wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:i think that everyone believes that killing is wrong....so why is it ok to kill a baby???
    It goes back to a Harry Potter quote. "Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy..."

Abortion would be the easy way to get out of having a child but that doesn't necessarily mean it's right.
    i love that quote and harry potter.
    sry that was random.
    the 6th movie comes out in like september i think! w00t
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Pinthin wrote:I think if you get an abortion really early, all your "killing" is cells. I dont think you can get an abortion after a certain amount of time (like 4+months along or w/e) But the only reason I think a woman should get an abortion is if it will kill her or she was raped.

I think abortion is wrong because it says to girls 'oh you dont have to worry about getting pregnant because you can just get an abortion' and thats never good. But I doubt abortion will be as big now because they have the morning after pill.

thats what i think the morning after pill isn't killing anything nothing is formed and im pretty sure if i was raped i would hope that i could take that pill and if somehow people found out about it they wouldn't be like OMGSHH THATS SO WRONG! a person that is raped is in no way ready to care for a baby there is so much emotional and physical stress that will be with that person for a long time.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Post by mae2937 Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:43 pm

if you get raped the morning after pill is understandable...but i think its great when the women who get raped end up keeping the babies...i dont know
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:46 pm

yeah i just don't think that i would be able to do that. i mean being pregnant at 16 there would be so many rumors and everyone would go omgshhh whos the father and i would have to explain the horrible rape story over and over again. that would just be so hard i mean if you can do that power to you i just don't think i could.
    mae2937
    mae2937
    Elite
    Elite

Post by mae2937 Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:20 pm

i dont think i could either...i just dont want to be in that position at all so....
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:22 pm

yeahhhh i don't think anyone does lol.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:51 pm

Wear a cup or that virginity belt from Men in Tights. Very Happy
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:53 pm

FK wrote:
    mae2937 wrote:i think that everyone believes that killing is wrong....so why is it ok to kill a baby???
    It goes back to a Harry Potter quote. "Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy..."

Abortion would be the easy way to get out of having a child but that doesn't necessarily mean it's right.

i so agree about abortion being the easy way out. there are so many people willing to adopt a child because they cant have their own. even if you did something bad u could make it good and give that child a life with good parents who will love them as if they are their own fleshandblood.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:54 pm

xc_babe09 wrote:
    FK wrote:

i so agree about abortion being the easy way out. there are so many people willing to adopt a child because they cant have their own. even if you did something bad u could make it good and give that child a life with good parents who will love them as if they are their own fleshandblood.
    That's a good idea, but I don't think most people would want to go through with it for 9 months. Especially with all the rumors that would come later. It would be the right thing to do though.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:59 pm

i know no one would want to do it but more people should.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:14 pm

it doesn't make a difference if they use the morning after pill their not killing anything because nothing has formed yet so they might as well do it that way.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:15 pm

mae2937 wrote:instead of the morning pill heres a great idea...if you dont want to get pregant dont have sex

What is the difference? Both ways a child doesn't exist. If you don't have sex, or have sex and take the pill afterwards, you both end up without a child. It's the exact same outcome, and you can't possibly think that taking the pill is murdering anything.

I haven't heard anybody speak of womens rights here, which is strange seeing as there are lots of girls talking here. No one has mentioned the damage you can do, by FORCING someone to go through with a birth, when the girl might not have enough money or time to bring up a child. She might be heading for a great life, and raise a family when she is ready. Instead, because of people who think they can dictate what a woman can do with her body, they can turn her life upside down. People are so easy to overlook the damage they are doing to existing humans, so that they can feel good about being 'pro-life'.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:29 pm

thelagwagon wrote:

What is the difference? Both ways a child doesn't exist. If you don't have sex, or have sex and take the pill afterwards, you both end up without a child. It's the exact same outcome, and you can't possibly think that taking the pill is murdering anything.

I haven't heard anybody speak of womens rights here, which is strange seeing as there are lots of girls talking here. No one has mentioned the damage you can do, by FORCING someone to go through with a birth, when the girl might not have enough money or time to bring up a child. She might be heading for a great life, and raise a family when she is ready. Instead, because of people who think they can dictate what a woman can do with her body, they can turn her life upside down. People are so easy to overlook the damage they are doing to existing humans, so that they can feel good about being 'pro-life'.
    If you kill someone for money you're improving your life, what's the difference?
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:16 pm

thelagwagon wrote:

im pro-life, does that make me a hypocrite? no, im not stupid i know people are going to get abortions, but i dont agree with them. how is someone having a baby that is perfectly healthy bad for them they can give the baby up for adoption, they DON'T have to keep it and they DON'T have to kill it either. im just saying if it was me idc how much gossip there was the only way i would have an abortion would be if i was raped and maybe not even then. just because the father was stupid and mean doesnt mean that unborn child should be given the death penalty.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm

http://advertiser-tribune.com/page/content.detail/id/505855.html

idk if the link will work but read this story. the woman was personally a child that came from rape. her birth mother carried her then gave her up for adoption. more people should be like that.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:20 pm

thelagwagon wrote:
    Germany4Euro08 wrote:I don't agree. Does freedom of speech mean anything to you? What kind of say does that baby have? None. You're killing something before you even give it rights that belong to all human beings.

We don't have to protect the rights of things which aren't human, even if they will become humans. Is wearing a condom during sex murder, because you are stopping a baby from being born, just because we don't want that baby to exist?

Good Point. I am pro-choice. i don't believe that life begins at contraception, but rather when the baby takes its first breath. If a baby is still-born, does the mom get charged with Murder ..no.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:33 pm

Just Because wrote:
    thelagwagon wrote:
    Germany4Euro08 wrote:I don't agree. Does freedom of speech mean anything to you? What kind of say does that baby have? None. You're killing something before you even give it rights that belong to all human beings.

We don't have to protect the rights of things which aren't human, even if they will become humans. Is wearing a condom during sex murder, because you are stopping a baby from being born, just because we don't want that baby to exist?

Good Point. I am pro-choice. i don't believe that life begins at contraception, but rather when the baby takes its first breath. If a baby is still-born, does the mom get charged with Murder ..no.
    EVIL BABY KILLING CANADIAN!!!!!!!
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:02 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    thelagwagon wrote:

EVIL BABY KILLING CANADIAN!!!!!!!

Over-zealous Christian!!!
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50