Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+14
Lily
BA_Sadie.
eternally_running
alex-likes-running
AudienceOfOne
XCTrackXC
Pinthin
whenhen
Running With Scissors
Ria
thelagwagon
Wgrt
Adonai
Phuckduck
18 posters

drugs

Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

drugs Empty drugs

Post by Phuckduck Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:06 am

should they be legalized?
    entirely or some?
    restrictions on usage?

my thoughts...
    some drugs should be legalized that do not really fuck people up that badly. i.e. weed, lsd, shrooms, salvia (already legal), peyote.
    alcohol is legal and just as dangerous any drug i have listed here.
    its just drugs such as meth and heroine have no way they can be used safely and should therefore remain to be completely illegal.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

drugs Empty Re: drugs

Post by Adonai Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:30 am

Almost all drugs currently the victim of social stigma are pathologically harmless (even heroin, although there are other obvious problems with this drug), and are largely condemned as a result of propaganda and myth.

Highly addictive drugs, I agree, should remain illegal. But legalizing the majority of drugs would ensure drug purity under FDA regulations, eliminate drug crime and a vast source of income for criminal organizations, reduce OD's by labeling concentrations accurately, and possibly reduce the cost of these drugs (though fiscal impact is largely unpredictable).

Weird.. I think I agree with you completely.
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 507
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by Wgrt Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:18 am

lsd is dangerous
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:28 am

I don't know why you want to use two different accounts to post Adonai, but regardless, I think they should be legalized. Meth, heroin, all of them. Milton Friedman explains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

Might seem a bit radical, but he's completely right. And he's not some crackpot theorist, he's a world famous economist, and received the US Presidential Medal of Freedom. Look!

drugs Friedmanlarge

The majority of his ideas are too smart for the public to accept, and the guys dead now. But if you have time, watch the video.

Last edited by thelagwagon on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ria
    Ria
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 207
    Mile Time : 6:09
    Class : 2010
    800m Time : 2:51
    5000m XC Time : 20:39
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Ria Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:37 am

No, no no no no. Why do you need drugs to make you feel better?? That is just idiotic and to make them legal would just make it seem that it is alright to alter your mind to how you want to feel. You should not use drugs to make you feel better, rather, just deal with it or find medical help; i.e. a doctor. Or take up running and get high on endorphins Very Happy
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Post by thelagwagon Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:53 am

Ria wrote:No, no no no no. Why do you need drugs to make you feel better?? That is just idiotic and to make them legal would just make it seem that it is alright to alter your mind to how you want to feel. You should not use drugs to make you feel better, rather, just deal with it or find medical help; i.e. a doctor. Or take up running and get high on endorphins Very Happy

Well that's great you feel like that, so you won't take them (neither do I). But if someone disagrees with you? You'd put them in jail, even if they have done nobody any harm?
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Running With Scissors Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:31 am

Greg is right if drugs were legal big companies would form and would eliminate drug dealers and all the bad stuff that comes from them. The companies would have to follow certain laws that could make it safer through perscriptions and cheap clean needles. Maybe this would be a bad idea, idk but maybe it could work.
    But some drugs are still really dangerous and should remain illegal.
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1567
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal

Post by whenhen Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:18 pm

pot should be legal for those over 21. It'll be grouped in that category. Pot is different than most other drugs because it just mellows you out and makes the person doing it giggly.
    It would cut the prison population. Pot users just get mellowed out. They don't get violent. I know that pot has the potential to be abused, just as alcohol does, but we legalize that drug.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 pm

I'd rather confront a guy on pot then an angry, violent drunk guy. Neutral
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:40 pm

lsd is dangerous

The creator of lsd lived to be 102, and he was as chronic as it gets. There aren't any definite, long-term effects which result directly from lsd use.

Why do you need drugs to make you feel better??

..because all people who do drugs are depressed and need therapy.
    XCTrackXC
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 398
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post by XCTrackXC Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:28 pm

well lsd is fine, except for that little side-effect that some people will have a 'bad trip' and have been known to do things like:
    -Run into traffic
    -Run off of high ledges, balconies, out of windows, etc
    -Attack other people
    ...etc
    and it can stay in your body for a looooooong time.
    Men who in their teens did LSD have had delusions caused by their LSD use decades ago.

Last edited by XCTrackXC on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    XCTrackXC
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 398
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post by XCTrackXC Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:32 pm

and despite that I'm fine with legalizing some drugs... just not all...I don't see the need to use any drugs myself, but I also don't plan on drinking in my life (I don't really have any desire to, maybe that'll change some day, who knows)...But I don't care or think it's my place to say what other people do if it's not hurting anyone else too directly.

Last edited by XCTrackXC on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:57 pm

the problem with legalizing these "harmless" drugs is that most of them are gateway drugs. a lot of people that use them go on to more deadly drugs. plus a lot of drugs like pot can leave many dangerous chemical in your body.

beleive it or not, very smart people have already thought about this and decided not to.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50

Post by alex-likes-running Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 pm

i don't have a problem w/ drugs being legal. if ppl want to fuck up their lives/bodies, they can go ahead
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:09 pm

Ria wrote: Or take up running and get high on endorphins Very Happy

haha, i agree! Laughing
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:16 pm

i don't care if people do drugs i personally don't i have like done some but not seriously i guess.

and yess drugs like weed should be legal thats just dumb and i think its kinda of like how we have such a big problem with alchohol in the u.s yet in european countries the drinking age is lower and they have fewer problems when somethings illegal theres more of a risk and dangerous cool feeling haha when you do it instead of when its legal if that makes sense haha.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:18 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:the problem with legalizing these "harmless" drugs is that most of them are gateway drugs. a lot of people that use them go on to more deadly drugs. plus a lot of drugs like pot can leave many dangerous chemical in your body.

beleive it or not, very smart people have already thought about this and decided not to.

duhh i know tons of people who do weed that would never ever use heroin or anything like that...
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:03 am

BA_Sadie. wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:the problem with legalizing these "harmless" drugs is that most of them are gateway drugs. a lot of people that use them go on to more deadly drugs. plus a lot of drugs like pot can leave many dangerous chemical in your body.

duhh i know tons of people who do weed that would never ever use heroin or anything like that...
    research has shown that people who do the "harmless" drugs go on to the harmful drugs.
    Lily
    Lily
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 462
    Mile Time : 5:56
    800m Time : 2:34
    5000m XC Time : 20:45
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by Lily Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:25 am

thelagwagon wrote:I don't know why you want to use two different accounts to post Adonai, but regardless, I think they should be legalized. Meth, heroin, all of them. Milton Friedman explains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

Might seem a bit radical, but he's completely right. And he's not some crackpot theorist, he's a world famous economist, and received the US Presidential Medal of Freedom. Look!

drugs Friedmanlarge

The majority of his ideas are too smart for the public to accept, and the guys dead now. But if you have time, watch the video.

that was an interesting video. i liked it except that the music was kind of annoying. i liked the part about where do you draw the line with the government making laws to prevent you from harming yourself.
    i'm not sure exactly where i stand on the issue. i'm leaning towards legalization though. people should be responsible for their own decisions.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:07 am

research has shown that people who do the "harmless" drugs go on to the harmful drugs.

What research? Like what you learned in D.A.R.E.? And what does that have to do with anything anyways?
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by CT Track Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Everything is a gateway. Alcohol is a gateway to cigarettes which is a gateway to weed which is a gateway to shrooms which is a gateway to lsd. Blowjobs are gateways to eating out. Gateways are everywhere, so why try to stop it.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:15 pm

Any drug that is proven not to harm anyone else should be legalized but there should be restrictions on who can get access to it. There are def. negative aspects but the good aspects win (regulation, less crime, etc.)
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Post by thelagwagon Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Just Because wrote:Any drug that is proven not to harm anyone else should be legalized

But then wouldn't you want alcohol and tobacco banned?
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1567
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal

Post by whenhen Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:58 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:

Then why didn't most of the hippies go on to heroin?
    I know they went on to coke, but that was before it was known to be addictive.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:50 pm

Adonai wrote:

What research? Like what you learned in D.A.R.E.? And what does that have to do with anything anyways?
    No, like I learned in psychology.

It has everything to do with this because you are saying these are harmless drugs, which is true, but they lead to harmful drugs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:08 am