Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+15
XC_crazy
eternally_running
AudienceOfOne
hxc
ND XC 23
baby got track
runnergirl93
FinishingKick
alex-likes-running
Pinthin
iWearNikes
NotChangingUntilSub5
RockstarRunner
Running With Scissors
DyingToRun
19 posters

Vegetarian

DyingToRun
    DyingToRun
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Vegetarian - Page 3 Empty Re: Vegetarian

Post by DyingToRun Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:09 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:I love how vegetarians think they're saving animals if they don't eat them.

wait is this directed towards me? or the vast majority of vegetarians in general, cause if its me i don't think that way
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Like those califags who vacation in old lyme, then come into the supermarket and say they don't want plastic bags because they hurt the enviornment.

That is the only time I'm ever even close to rude to customers. I tell them "We order these bags in units of 10 boxes with 2,000 bags in each box. You aren't making a difference."
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:23 pm

animals were made to eat.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:25 pm

DyingToRun wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:I love how vegetarians think they're saving animals if they don't eat them.

wait is this directed towards me? or the vast majority of vegetarians in general, cause if its me i don't think that way

Unless you're a vegetarian because you love animals too much or something, it was directed at vegetarians in general.
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:58 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:animals were made to eat.

+ 1
    thats why God put them on earth...for humans to hunt and eat.
    thank the Lord for that!!! lol
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:39 pm

NotChangingUntilSub5 wrote:Like those califags who vacation in old lyme, then come into the supermarket and say they don't want plastic bags because they hurt the enviornment.

That is the only time I'm ever even close to rude to customers. I tell them "We order these bags in units of 10 boxes with 2,000 bags in each box. You aren't making a difference."

but if more people start using them then they wont have to order as much bags. And its one less bag thats rotting in some landfill.

I'm a firm believer of the canvas bag. Most people I know are starting or already use them.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by TnF_T Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:28 pm

DyingToRun wrote:
    xc running gal wrote:so how do you make sure you get enoughh protein in your diet?
    i've talked to a few vegetarians and was thinking about becoming one but when they said their main source of protein was nuts, i decieded not to because i'm allergic to nuts...so then i wouldn't get any protein.
    although, if i wasn't allergic to nuts...and if my parents would be willing to cook vegetarian meals for me(which i'm sure they wouldn't) then i would seriously consider being a vegetarian.

For me protein is def not a problem, there are many meat replacment products out that that do contain high amounts of protein like beefless ground beef or chickenless chicken strips. Before I was started becoming vegetarian I talked to a bunch of other veggie eaters and one girl said for protein she would take protein powder and mix it with milk or make it into a shake ( though some taste really really shitty thast why u get a good brand ), u also got tofu you can cook with, theres also fruits that contain simple amino acids and if u eat various fruits with grains and nuts u cna get all the required amino acids ( meat contains all the necesary amino acid) since i'm lacto-ovo vegetarian I can consume milk and eggs and get my protein there if I need to. Alot of vegetarians usually jump into becoming that way without a plan and there diets always lack something (I've noticed this in alot of people that i have talked to). I bet a majority of vegetarian teens probably won't be able to do too many stanous activitys cause of there unstable diets.

For me everything is in check these past 3 months since I started, and my diet has been the healthiest its ever been, TBH the thing I know my diet lacks the most but i'm still getting enough of is fats and sodium, which are both needed for runners considering both those usually come with with the process of eating meat
    What the fuck!?!?
    DyingToRun
    DyingToRun
    Amateur
    Amateur

Post by DyingToRun Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:09 pm

TnF_T wrote:
    DyingToRun wrote:
    xc running gal wrote:so how do you make sure you get enoughh protein in your diet?
    i've talked to a few vegetarians and was thinking about becoming one but when they said their main source of protein was nuts, i decieded not to because i'm allergic to nuts...so then i wouldn't get any protein.
    although, if i wasn't allergic to nuts...and if my parents would be willing to cook vegetarian meals for me(which i'm sure they wouldn't) then i would seriously consider being a vegetarian.

For me protein is def not a problem, there are many meat replacment products out that that do contain high amounts of protein like beefless ground beef or chickenless chicken strips. Before I was started becoming vegetarian I talked to a bunch of other veggie eaters and one girl said for protein she would take protein powder and mix it with milk or make it into a shake ( though some taste really really shitty thast why u get a good brand ), u also got tofu you can cook with, theres also fruits that contain simple amino acids and if u eat various fruits with grains and nuts u cna get all the required amino acids ( meat contains all the necesary amino acid) since i'm lacto-ovo vegetarian I can consume milk and eggs and get my protein there if I need to. Alot of vegetarians usually jump into becoming that way without a plan and there diets always lack something (I've noticed this in alot of people that i have talked to). I bet a majority of vegetarian teens probably won't be able to do too many stanous activitys cause of there unstable diets.

For me everything is in check these past 3 months since I started, and my diet has been the healthiest its ever been, TBH the thing I know my diet lacks the most but i'm still getting enough of is fats and sodium, which are both needed for runners considering both those usually come with with the process of eating meat
    What the fuck!?!?

yeha it may sound wierd and the stuff might contradict itself but chickenless chinken strips are pretty good meat substitutes
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by FinishingKick Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:28 pm

DyingToRun wrote:
    TnF_T wrote:
    DyingToRun wrote:

What the fuck!?!?

yeha it may sound wierd and the stuff might contradict itself but chickenless chinken strips are pretty good meat substitutes
    Can you please elaborate? Anything can be a chickenless chicken strip except for chicken.
    DyingToRun
    DyingToRun
    Amateur
    Amateur

Post by DyingToRun Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:59 pm

its practically imitation chicken, like imitation crab meat that looks like crab but is accually produced from whitefish, The chickenless chicken strips I buy looks like chiken, and has the texture of chicken and is created from gluten, from what i remember of what chicken taste like I thing its taste pretty similar. its also contains good amount of protien.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:01 pm