Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+9
alex-likes-running
Just Because
xotrackkgirl
silly runner:)
Through_the_Pain
FinishingKick
funrunner
AudienceOfOne
Trackaholic
13 posters

Here Is a Weightlifting Plan For Runners

Trackaholic
    Trackaholic
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 422
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Here Is a Weightlifting Plan For Runners - Page 3 Empty Re: Here Is a Weightlifting Plan For Runners

Post by Trackaholic Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:35 pm

Ok, I will remain calm simply because its a misunderstanding. but for the LAST time, I am NOT trying to say DISTANCE runners should focus on speeding up and pumping there arms like sprinters!

What I am saying is, that a good distance runner, no matter how fast his legs are, needs to have a strong upper body so that at the end of a race he does not tighten up on top and slow down.

While your arms will not be moving even half as fast as a sprinters for the majority of a mile, if you dont lift upperbody, your arms will go much, much SLOWER than they should be. (from tightening up)
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Here Is a Weightlifting Plan For Runners - Page 3 Empty Re: Here Is a Weightlifting Plan For Runners

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:40 pm

i've always heard that if you want to go faster, start with your arms and your legs will follow. seems to work.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:44 pm

Trackaholic wrote:...just dont pump your arms like crazy unless your sprinting or kicking....

sometimes when I start feeling really tense up top, I pump my arms faster for a little bit.. Seems to work.

But I do the an exercise where I just stand, move my arms and hold med-light weights. Do that in a mirror so you can correct your form too. Its helpful.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by hxc Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Trackaholic wrote:Ok, I will remain calm simply because its a misunderstanding. but for the LAST time, I am NOT trying to say DISTANCE runners should focus on speeding up and pumping there arms like sprinters!

What I am saying is, that a good distance runner, no matter how fast his legs are, needs to have a strong upper body so that at the end of a race he does not tighten up on top and slow down.

While your arms will not be moving even half as fast as a sprinters for the majority of a mile, if you dont lift upperbody, your arms will go much, much SLOWER than they should be. (from tightening up)

That's kind of what I was saying...

Ah whatever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:20 pm