Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+13
FinishingKick
Running With Scissors
Just Because
AudienceOfOne
runner_dude
NotChangingUntilSub5
futureNIKErunner
Pinthin
TnF_T
thelagwagon
BA_Sadie.
T B K
The Riddler
17 posters

459.5 BILLION

NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

459.5 BILLION - Page 2 Empty Re: 459.5 BILLION

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:28 am

runner_dude wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    runner_dude wrote:
    People in the middle east have been fighting for millennia. It goes back before the Ottomans. It goes back before the Crusades. It goes back before the time of Mohammed. It goes back before Christ, Ghandi, Moses, even Abraham. It's foolish to think that we'll be able to make peace where every effort over the past 5000+ years have failed.

Are you high? So we shouldn't try because people have been fighting for a long time? And no one has ever invaded a country in the middle east with the intention of developing the area before. I don't know how any of that is even relevant.

Having your troops there isn't going to stop the violence. And while I'm all for peace, I'm also pragmatic enough to realize that it isn't going to happen, and theres not much the US can do about it.

That is ridiculously narrow minded. With time the country will change, there isn't a reason to think it won't. Pragmatic and pessimistic are entirely different. A troop presence will change the culture eventually. We just need a troops surge.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 16:45
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Running With Scissors Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:41 am

I still thing we should have nuke the crap out of them. (but that could have started world war 3 which would have been bad)
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:20 am

runner_dude wrote:
    People in the middle east have been fighting for millennia. It goes back before the Ottomans. It goes back before the Crusades. It goes back before the time of Mohammed. It goes back before Christ, Ghandi, Moses, even Abraham. It's foolish to think that we'll be able to make peace where every effort over the past 5000+ years have failed.
    So that means we don't even try? We don't even have to make peace just to improve the area would be a big accomplishment.

On a side note, I think this will be one of the downfalls of our world power status. What are China and India doing right now? Building up everything they can so they can beat us, while we use 500 billion dollars on a war.
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Class : University Freshman
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by runner_dude Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:00 am

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    runner_dude wrote:
    ProtestTheZero wrote:
    runner_dude wrote:

Are you high? So we shouldn't try because people have been fighting for a long time? And no one has ever invaded a country in the middle east with the intention of developing the area before. I don't know how any of that is even relevant.

Having your troops there isn't going to stop the violence. And while I'm all for peace, I'm also pragmatic enough to realize that it isn't going to happen, and theres not much the US can do about it.

That is ridiculously narrow minded. With time the country will change, there isn't a reason to think it won't. Pragmatic and pessimistic are entirely different. A troop presence will change the culture eventually. We just need a troops surge.

Yes, because people love having foreign troops running around thier country. It'll change their cutlure, but not for the better.
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by funrunner Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:12 pm

Bush is an idiot. This point can not be argued. He's stupid. End of discussion.

Bush has created an incredibly unstable situation by invading Iraq. History has shown that this won't end well. Remember those Russians in Afghanistan? Remember what happened after they left? The fucking Taliban happened, that's what! (Different circumstances, but the situation is still relevant.) So we can't just leave, but staying is just a drain on our economy. As much as I'd like to say that Obama has a solution to this pickle, their is a good chance he doesn't.

The fact is Bush put our country in an incredibly bad situation. He attacked a country based on faulty intelligence, destroyed that nation's government, and did it all without an exit strategy. He is undoubtebly one of the worst Presidents in the history of our nation. Not only did he butcher our foreign policy, but he also helped break our thriving economy. At the end of the Clinton administration we were experiencing one of the longest periods of economic prosperity in American history. Bush didn't like that, so he put an end to it.

Sure, Bush did his best, but that's why you don't let complete idiots run a country. Their best just isn't good enough. You don't make a D student Valedictorian because he does his best, do you? So why should we show Bush sympathy because he tries really really hard (which he also kind of doesn't do)?
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:28 pm

i honestly doubt any other president would have done it much better
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior

Post by xc_babe09 Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:44 pm

having a brotherinlaw that was in iraq i disagree that it was not worthwhile. yea i dont like the idea of war but he was there and he said that alot of good was happening we just dont see it because the media chooses to show the bad.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Pinthin wrote:okay, so we just chill over here and wait for someone else to attack us? =/ What were you suppose to do after 9/11?? Most countries go to war after being attacked silent

You're totally right, the US had been attacked, and had to defend itself. The problem is, Iraq and Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. Actually, Saddam was a sunni muslim, and spent a lot of his time killing shia muslim groups like Al Qaeda. But, because of the post 9/11 confusion, the US government managed to convince everyone that attacking Iraq would be fighting back against terror. Which is why you always see politicians struggling to find reasons why they went to war. Because, now there are no weapons of mass destruction, there is absolutely no reason to be there, or to have gone there in the first place. Al Qaeda, globally, have gotten stronger since the war started. Nothing's been gained by anyone, and the world is less secure than in 2002.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try

Post by TnF_T Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:26 pm

You can't argue that, if you try you're a moron
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50

Post by FinishingKick Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:20 pm

funrunner wrote:Bush is an idiot. This point can not be argued. He's stupid. End of discussion.

Bush has created an incredibly unstable situation by invading Iraq. History has shown that this won't end well. Remember those Russians in Afghanistan? Remember what happened after they left? The fucking Taliban happened, that's what! (Different circumstances, but the situation is still relevant.) So we can't just leave, but staying is just a drain on our economy. As much as I'd like to say that Obama has a solution to this pickle, their is a good chance he doesn't.

The fact is Bush put our country in an incredibly bad situation. He attacked a country based on faulty intelligence, destroyed that nation's government, and did it all without an exit strategy. He is undoubtebly one of the worst Presidents in the history of our nation. Not only did he butcher our foreign policy, but he also helped break our thriving economy. At the end of the Clinton administration we were experiencing one of the longest periods of economic prosperity in American history. Bush didn't like that, so he put an end to it.

Sure, Bush did his best, but that's why you don't let complete idiots run a country. Their best just isn't good enough. You don't make a D student Valedictorian because he does his best, do you? So why should we show Bush sympathy because he tries really really hard (which he also kind of doesn't do)?
    I think we have less of a selection of good presidents every year, even though we should have more with a bigger population. Maybe the media scares them all off lol.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:42 am

BA_Sadie. wrote:i honestly doubt any other president would have done it much better

Clinton would..but i don't think he swings that way
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1220
    Class : '12

Post by hxc Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:32 pm

I really love how a bunch of 15 year olds think they're smarter than the president of the United States.

You think you know everything about the war, and the reasons we're there.
    If it were as simple as "OK, let's leave the war", we would have left the middle east a LONG time ago. So stop whining about it.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:34 pm

hey we had to invade Iraq, they had WMDs which could have been used to kill everyone!

oh wait...dammit, they didn't

my bad everyone
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none

Post by Pinthin Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:40 pm

Just Because wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:i honestly doubt any other president would have done it much better

he was too busy doing an intern. Rolling Eyes
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54

Post by BA_Sadie. Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:10 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

he was too busy doing an intern. Rolling Eyes

exactlyyyyyyy.
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by funrunner Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:40 pm

That's because just about any other President would have been too smart to do it at all.
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by funrunner Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:52 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:I really love how a bunch of 15 year olds think they're smarter than the president of the United States.

If it were as simple as "OK, let's leave the war", we would have left the middle east a LONG time ago. So stop whining about it.
    What's funny is I actually DO believe I'm smarter than the President of the United States. Not only did he get rejected from a number of schools in his day, but he also abused alcohol, marijuana, and possibly cocaine. The dude is your classic stoned slacker. We made him President.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none

Post by Pinthin Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:54 pm

funrunner wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:I really love how a bunch of 15 year olds think they're smarter than the president of the United States.

What's funny is I actually DO believe I'm smarter than the President of the United States. Not only did he get rejected from a number of schools in his day, but he also abused alcohol, marijuana, and possibly cocaine. The dude is your classic stoned slacker. We made him President.

where did you hear that confused
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try

Post by TnF_T Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:56 pm

funrunner wrote:

OMG! FOR REAL!?!?YOU ARE A GOD!

B.B.B.....BULLSHIT
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by funrunner Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:08 pm

TnF_T wrote:
    funrunner wrote:

B.B.B.....BULLSHIT

Dude, most of us on here are probably smarter than that man. If we're not just plain more intelligent, then we definitely have more common sense.

Edit: I'm not really sure what you were saying with that post.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 pm

funrunner wrote:
    TnF_T wrote:
    funrunner wrote:

B.B.B.....BULLSHIT

Dude, most of us on here are probably smarter than that man. If we're not just plain more intelligent, then we definitely have more common sense.

Edit: I'm not really sure what you were saying with that post.

He's saying that everything, including the idea that you're smarter than than the leader of the one of the greatest countries in the world, is complete bull sheeeeeet.
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by funrunner Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Bush is not a smart man. The thing about the job of President is that you don't need to have a very impressive history to get it. He was a stoner, an underachiever, and he has depended on his father's reputation for every school he's gotten into and every job he has gotten.

Bush is stupid. He is one of the worst Presidents in our nation's history. The sooner people get used to that fact, the sooner we can elect a good President.
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:33 pm

funrunner wrote: The thing about the job of President is that you don't need to have a very impressive history to get it.

You are truly, utterly, without a doubt, special.
    funrunner
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by funrunner Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:34 pm

HXC_Runner2012 wrote:
    funrunner wrote: The thing about the job of President is that you don't need to have a very impressive history to get it.

Care to explain?
    hxc
    Elite
    Elite

Post by hxc Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:36 am

funrunner wrote:
    HXC_Runner2012 wrote:

Care to explain?

Well, there are average people, the types who don't make stupid non-sense comments. Then there's you. Most people are average, but you aren't. Therefore, you are special. Understand?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:50 pm