Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+13
FinishingKick
Running With Scissors
Just Because
AudienceOfOne
runner_dude
NotChangingUntilSub5
futureNIKErunner
Pinthin
TnF_T
thelagwagon
BA_Sadie.
T B K
The Riddler
17 posters

459.5 BILLION

The Riddler
    The Riddler
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

459.5 BILLION Empty 459.5 BILLION

Post by The Riddler Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Last September we spent 459.5 Billion dollars overall in Iraq. We have probably hit the 500 billion mark this year.
    Discuss about the 459.5 Billion. has it been used well? did it work? what could have been done with that money?
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

459.5 BILLION Empty Re: 459.5 BILLION

Post by T B K Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Bush is an idiot. Who else agrees?
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:56 pm

i don't. i think he did the best he could've under the circumstances...but that doesn't mean i love him to death or anything i definetly don't agree with some things that he has done but hes done his best.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:57 pm

His dumba** father started the war.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:59 pm

For that price, the US could have waged a proper war against the islamists who threaten the world. Instead it got spent on destroying and rebuilding a nation, pissing of islamists even more, and not doing anything to make the world more secure.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:00 pm

And making the expression "I hate Bush" a household saying.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:01 pm

you should respect our president who ever it is..whether you like what he did or not i don't necessarily like everything bush has done and definetly don't agree with him on most fronts but hes our president i show respect.
    TnF_T
    TnF_T
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 323
    Mile Time : 431 in a snowy, windy, hurricane like storm, up hill, blindfolded, after 3 big macs and didn't try
    Registration date : 2008-06-05

Post by TnF_T Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:58 pm

BA_Sadie. wrote:i don't. i think he did the best he could've under the circumstances.
    Please tell me your joking, he put himself into that situation and put himself under those circumstances. There was a shitload of things he could have done to avoid it. Like say...NOT GOING TO WAR!
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:16 pm

thelagwagon wrote:
    ATribeCalledGreg wrote:I forgot about all of NZ's contributions to the world.... like uh..........

BA_Sadie. wrote:you should respect our president who ever it is..whether you like what he did or not i don't necessarily like everything bush has done and definetly don't agree with him on most fronts but hes our president i show respect.

If Stalin or Pol Pot were the President, would you respect them?

I agree with BA_sadie, it drives me nuts how there is so many teenagers saying "I hate bush" alot of them dont even know why they dont like him. He's the president, and he got rid of a really bad dude, would you still want huessin still running around?? I dont agree with bush on about 85% of things but when it comes to the war I dont think its that bad. Yeah it was going to cost alot of money, its a war! wars are never cheap or easy to handle.

Any other president would have done the same thing, they just wont admit it because they know it will kill their approval ratings. I'm pretty sure bush knew that once he entered Iraq, alot of people would disagree with him.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:17 pm

TnF_T wrote:
    BA_Sadie. wrote:i don't. i think he did the best he could've under the circumstances.
    Please tell me your joking, he put himself into that situation and put himself under those circumstances. There was a shitload of things he could have done to avoid it. Like say...NOT GOING TO WAR!

okay, so we just chill over here and wait for someone else to attack us? =/ What were you suppose to do after 9/11?? Most countries go to war after being attacked silent
    futureNIKErunner
    futureNIKErunner
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 3510
    Mile Time : wat goes here again?
    Class : Sophmore

Post by futureNIKErunner Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Not Marks Fantasy wrote:Last September we spent 459.5 Billion dollars overall in Iraq. We have probably hit the 500 billion mark this year.
    Discuss about the 459.5 Billion. has it been used well? did it work? what could have been done with that money?

waste of money, nuff said
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Post by BA_Sadie. Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:06 pm

thanks pinthin you took the words out of my mouth lol.
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Pinthin wrote:
    thelagwagon wrote:
    ATribeCalledGreg wrote:I forgot about all of NZ's contributions to the world.... like uh..........

BA_Sadie. wrote:you should respect our president who ever it is..whether you like what he did or not i don't necessarily like everything bush has done and definetly don't agree with him on most fronts but hes our president i show respect.

I agree with BA_sadie, it drives me nuts how there is so many teenagers saying "I hate bush" alot of them dont even know why they dont like him. He's the president, and he got rid of a really bad dude, would you still want huessin still running around?? I dont agree with bush on about 85% of things but when it comes to the war I dont think its that bad. Yeah it was going to cost alot of money, its a war! wars are never cheap or easy to handle.

Any other president would have done the same thing, they just wont admit it because they know it will kill their approval ratings. I'm pretty sure bush knew that once he entered Iraq, alot of people would disagree with him.

Um, actually I know why I don't like him. I'm glad he got rid of Hussein but after that why did he keep the troops? That was incredibly stupid of him. Thousands of troops died thanks to his stupidity of keeping them in Iraq instead of taking them out.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:43 pm

The Bee's Knees wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:
    thelagwagon wrote:

Um, actually I know why I don't like him. I'm glad he got rid of Hussein but after that why did he keep the troops? That was incredibly stupid of him. Thousands of troops died thanks to his stupidity of keeping them in Iraq instead of taking them out.

I wasn’t referring to just you, I meant most teenagers in general (but no offense you are kind of proving my point) You cant just pull out right after you killed someone’s president, their nation is a mess and you have to help them rebuild it. And the amount of troops killed in this war compared to past american wars is substantially less, and they have been starting to pull out troops. I'm just curious to what you what have done right after 9/11, like if you were bush what would you have done?? Suspect

I sound like some die-hard republican right now angry spin
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:19 pm

Are you a republican?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:21 pm

no I am a girl.. haha

eh I go either way, but I usually tend to be on the democrats side. Funny huh?
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Post by T B K Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:26 pm

Yea. I'm a bleeding liberal. God Damn America! gun American flag

Just kidding. I won't go as far as Obama's priest. But until we get a legitimate president, I'm not that proud for our country.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:31 pm

It will take time to build a nation, but we are ultimately helping construct a better middle east.

I love how the LIBERALS are angry we are SPENDING MONEY on an ALTRUISTIC cause simply because they are pansies.

This should be liberal heaven.
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman

Post by runner_dude Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:35 pm

ATribeCalledGreg wrote:
    I forgot about all of NZ's contributions to the world.... like uh..........

ANZAC troops (along with Canadians until Vimy Ridge *moment of respect emoticon*) were the cannon fodder in the First World War. Thousands of them sacrificed thier lives for the cause. The cause that the US didn't have the gall to join until the allies were already winning.

Pinthin wrote:
    okay, so we just chill over here and wait for someone else to attack us? =/ What were you suppose to do after 9/11?? Most countries go to war after being attacked

Afganistan = Just war. Iraq = Perhaps just, but not at all linked to Sept 11th. Bush Sr. should have conquered Saddam after the First Gulf War, when they had clear precedent and (near) global support.

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    It will take time to build a nation, but we are ultimately helping construct a better middle east.

People in the middle east have been fighting for millennia. It goes back before the Ottomans. It goes back before the Crusades. It goes back before the time of Mohammed. It goes back before Christ, Ghandi, Moses, even Abraham. It's foolish to think that we'll be able to make peace where every effort over the past 5000+ years have failed.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:45 pm

he shoulda had a plan to get out before he went in. instead he's just gonna let obama clean his mess up.
    The Riddler
    The Riddler
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by The Riddler Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:00 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:he shoulda had a plan to get out before he went in. instead he's just gonna let obama clean his mess up.
    Obama won't clean anything up. I would have Obama over McCain but, Obama won't get rid of the troops. Did everyone notice that he changed his 45 day plan to a 16 month plan yesterday? He knows that he can't do it he just is getting people to vote for him. 16 months is still a nother year and a quarter.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Not Marks Fantasy wrote:
    AudienceOfOne wrote:he shoulda had a plan to get out before he went in. instead he's just gonna let obama clean his mess up.
    Obama won't clean anything up. I would have Obama over McCain but, Obama won't get rid of the troops. Did everyone notice that he changed his 45 day plan to a 16 month plan yesterday? He knows that he can't do it he just is getting people to vote for him. 16 months is still a nother year and a quarter.
    we really don't know anything. it could be te safest way out.
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    NotChangingUntilSub5
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 653
    Mile Time : Cashier
    Class : HARD FUCKING CORE
    Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post by NotChangingUntilSub5 Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:08 pm

runner_dude wrote:
    People in the middle east have been fighting for millennia. It goes back before the Ottomans. It goes back before the Crusades. It goes back before the time of Mohammed. It goes back before Christ, Ghandi, Moses, even Abraham. It's foolish to think that we'll be able to make peace where every effort over the past 5000+ years have failed.

Are you high? So we shouldn't try because people have been fighting for a long time? And no one has ever invaded a country in the middle east with the intention of developing the area before. I don't know how any of that is even relevant.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496

Post by Just Because Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:34 pm

At the beginning, i supported the war..but just to the extent that they needed to get a cruel dictator out of power. Why are you still there? Nobody wants you there. You went in under false info. Who the fuck are you even shooting at now? It seems that there are two groups that want to kill each other and now you are stuck in the middle.
    runner_dude
    runner_dude
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1524
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : University Freshman

Post by runner_dude Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:37 pm

ProtestTheZero wrote:
    runner_dude wrote:

Are you high? So we shouldn't try because people have been fighting for a long time? And no one has ever invaded a country in the middle east with the intention of developing the area before. I don't know how any of that is even relevant.

Having your troops there isn't going to stop the violence. And while I'm all for peace, I'm also pragmatic enough to realize that it isn't going to happen, and theres not much the US can do about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:55 pm