Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+5
Pinthin
Just Because
FinishingKick
AudienceOfOne
runner_dude
9 posters

World Junior Hockey Championships

Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

World Junior Hockey Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: World Junior Hockey Championships

Post by Phuckduck Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:18 am

runner_dude wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:and you guys live in canada, so that just blows. the only reason you don't get the shit bombed out of you is cuz were right next door.

just be happy we haven't conquered your asses yet

You guys always forget that we beat you guys in the war of 1812 and burned your white house.

yeah that would be the british, when you guys were still owned by them. even though the queen of canada happens to also be the queen of england. and the white house definitely survived the fire...so you didn't exactly raze it.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

World Junior Hockey Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: World Junior Hockey Championships

Post by FinishingKick Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 am

Just Because wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Just Because wrote:We are better then you in the winter, you are better in the summer. Considering you have 10x the population of people to choose from and better training facilities, you can excuse a one medal difference, especially since we have a better athlete to medal ratio in the winter.
    Most people here don't live in areas that get consistent winters, while that goes for everyone in Canada. Look at how countries like Australia do in the Winter Olympics, and they have a huge population too. Plus in areas in the US that do get snowy winters, most kids prefer summer sports to winter sports, while in Canada winter sports are the most popular. You should be better than us.

We have summer too or do u think we live in one giant igloo year round? You're admitting that we do better in the winter then you but yet a few people have claimed that you guys are so much better at almost every sport, does the entire winter olympics not count?
    While just about everyone in Canada has a winter and a summer, most people in the US do not have a real winter where they would get involved in winter sports. This is exactly what I said before.

And RD, you did not win the War of 1812, and certainly would've gotten crushed alone.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 496
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by Just Because Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:49 pm

AudeinceOfOne wrote:and you guys live in canada, so that just blows. the only reason you don't get the shit bombed out of you is cuz were right next door.

and you wonder why I call Americans Ignorant. Understand that our standard of living is no different from yours. I say this from personal experience having travelled through the United States on many ocasions.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Just Because wrote:

and you wonder why I call Americans Ignorant. Understand that our standard of living is no different from yours. I say this from personal experience having travelled through the United States on many ocasions.

and for some reason canadians believe themselves to be smarter than americans on a whole even though most people in canada define rednecks.

and you guys can't say about, guess what! aboot isn't a word
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Just Because wrote:

If he's ignorant, why respond to his post and not mine?
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Just Because Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:23 pm

AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

and for some reason canadians believe themselves to be smarter than americans on a whole even though most people in canada define rednecks.

I don't believe that I am smarter then you. My point was that a lot of Americans are ignorant. Your about not aboot comment just plays onto that ignorance. We are not rednecks and i don't see how you could even come to that conclusion.
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Just Because wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

I don't believe that I am smarter then you. My point was that a lot of Americans are ignorant. Your about not aboot comment just plays onto that ignorance. We are not rednecks and i don't see how you could even come to that conclusion.

you love guns and shoot caribou...hence rednecks
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:57 am

FinishingKick wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Just Because wrote:We are better then you in the winter, you are better in the summer. Considering you have 10x the population of people to choose from and better training facilities, you can excuse a one medal difference, especially since we have a better athlete to medal ratio in the winter.
    Most people here don't live in areas that get consistent winters, while that goes for everyone in Canada. Look at how countries like Australia do in the Winter Olympics, and they have a huge population too. Plus in areas in the US that do get snowy winters, most kids prefer summer sports to winter sports, while in Canada winter sports are the most popular. You should be better than us.

We have summer too or do u think we live in one giant igloo year round? You're admitting that we do better in the winter then you but yet a few people have claimed that you guys are so much better at almost every sport, does the entire winter olympics not count?
    While just about everyone in Canada has a winter and a summer, most people in the US do not have a real winter where they would get involved in winter sports. This is exactly what I said before.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Just Because Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:41 pm

AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

You have got to be kidding. You can't get a handgun up here, I have never seen a gun store anywhere in Toronto. You can get a hunting rifle but even that isn't easy and you have to get a bunch of permits. You can't even find caribou until you go up to the northern parts of the province. Are you familiar with the sport known as hunting? It happens down there too. Even then, most people don't go hunting.

and if we love guns so much why is it your country that has the right to bear arms.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:57 pm

FinishingKick wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:

Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Just Because wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

You have got to be kidding. You can't get a handgun up here, I have never seen a gun store anywhere in Toronto. You can get a hunting rifle but even that isn't easy and you have to get a bunch of permits. You can't even find caribou until you go up to the northern parts of the province. Are you familiar with the sport known as hunting? It happens down there too. Even then, most people don't go hunting.

and if we love guns so much why is it your country that has the right to bear arms.

because we are american.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:42 pm

I think canada is nice.

there I said it.
    Just Because
    Just Because
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Just Because Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:12 am

AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

because we are american.

Complete with obvious misconceptions and all
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by Phuckduck Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:13 am

Just Because wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    AudeinceOfOne wrote:
    Just Because wrote:

because we are american.

Complete with obvious misconceptions and all

nope. i don't see how one could think that canada is honestly a better nation than america. its kind of like comparing england vs. ireland.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Post by FinishingKick Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:32 am

FinishingKick wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:
    Just Because wrote:
    FinishingKick wrote:

you've had plenty of time to respond. victory?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:16 am