Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+20
T B K
RUNxxWILD07
runner_dude
BA_Sadie.
amherst_xc
FinishingKick
CT Track
AudienceOfOne
Wgrt
Tri Babe 518
XCTrackXC
Hurdle-Gurl
baby got track
alex-likes-running
Adonai
whenhen
thelagwagon
Pinthin
hornyforrunning
Running With Scissors
24 posters

America's Biggest Mistake

xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 640
    Mile Time : 6:13
    Class : Senior
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

America's Biggest Mistake - Page 6 Empty Re: America's Biggest Mistake

Post by xc_babe09 Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:27 pm

yaya someone i can agree with. biggest irresponsible naive decision.
    BA_Sadie.
    BA_Sadie.
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2445
    Mile Time : 5:54
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by BA_Sadie. Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:07 pm

pahhhhh
    your the biggest irresponsible naive decision.
    lol jk.
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Tri Babe 518 Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:09 pm

[quote="T B K"]
    Running With Scissors wrote:
    T B K wrote:
    TRI_Love_518 wrote:All I can say is Obama = End of America.
    He's either gonna do nothing, or screw this country up majorly.

His wife is a bitch. She said she wasn't pround of America until now. WTF? Stupid communist anti-American bitch.

It's people like you who fuck up this country.

You're a stereotypical lazy-ass amercian who thinks whites are superior to everyone else and you get PO'ed when things don't go your way.

What the hell did she say to make you say she is racist? For you to tell her that people like her fuck up the country is a bunch of bull. If anyone is going to fuck the country up its the democrates because they take everything into the governments hands instead of allowing it to be a free market.

Exactly! It's not only racist to NOT vote for someone because of their race, it's also racist to vote for someone BECAUSE of their race, which a lot of people in this ountry did.

And I'm not lazy-ass, thank you. I grew up on the ideal of working for your money under the REPUBLICANS, not being handed money by the DEMOCRATS just because you are too damn lazy to do anything. My dad grew up poor but BAGGED GROCERIES AT KROGER from age 13 to pay for college. He worked his ass off and deserves every bill of money he gets. Other people in this country, like some of the poor, do nothing when they could get a job, and under Obama's "redistribution of wealth" the money my dad worked hard for is gonna be handed to the dumbasses who are on welfare and disability when they could get off their lazy asses and find a job.

Working hard is a basic Republican ideal. Sitting on your lazy ass and collecting money you don't deserve is a basic liberal ideal.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:20 pm

yea. so my dad voted for obama and me and my mom were like we might have to move to canada he was like good luck with that the taxes are high there and i was just like are you stupid the taxes are going to be high here with obama especially for us because we make more than 42,000 combined. my dad like most of america made a very irresponsible vote. oh and the polls showed that some 14,000 more people voted in this election than any other. what demographic do you think they were from?? they obviously werent educated about what they were voting for and theyll be the ones complaining the most when the country becomes a communist center. but when it does im just gonna tell people to shut the h*** up because they get what they voted for.

im sure at least if not more than half of the people who voted were not educated. and had race not been an issue people might have gotten to know obama better and therefore saw him for the becoming hitler that he is. people might have listened instead of just hearing change if there had been a white person on the democractic ticket. our country might have made a responsible decision.
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Tri Babe 518 Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:27 pm

xc_babe09 wrote:yea. so my dad voted for obama and me and my mom were like we might have to move to canada he was like good luck with that the taxes are high there and i was just like are you stupid the taxes are going to be high here with obama especially for us because we make more than 42,000 combined. my dad like most of america made a very irresponsible vote. oh and the polls showed that some 14,000 more people voted in this election than any other. what demographic do you think they were from?? they obviously werent educated about what they were voting for and theyll be the ones complaining the most when the country becomes a communist center. but when it does im just gonna tell people to shut the h*** up because they get what they voted for.

im sure at least if not more than half of the people who voted were not educated. and had race not been an issue people might have gotten to know obama better and therefore saw him for the becoming hitler that he is. people might have listened instead of just hearing change if there had been a white person on the democractic ticket. our country might have made a responsible decision.

At least someone on this thread knows what they're talking about.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010

Post by Pinthin Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:38 pm

^ Rolling Eyes

If they don't agree with you then they must be on crazy pills.
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Tri Babe 518 Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Pinthin wrote:^ Rolling Eyes

If they don't agree with you then they must be on crazy pills.

Ummm....thanks for the sarcasm, but BTW, that's kind of what the point of a debate/argument is. I'm just saying that I agree with her. Geez
    amherst_xc
    amherst_xc
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 536
    Class : Junior
    800m Time : 2:15
    5000m XC Time : 18:54
    Half-Marathon Time : 9000
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by amherst_xc Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 pm

WAHH WAHH lets all cry together Sad
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 507
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by Wgrt Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:55 pm

50 facts you may not know about obama Smile

He collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics
    He was known as "O'Bomber" at high school for his skill at basketball
    • His name means "one who is blessed" in Swahili
    • His favourite meal is wife Michelle's shrimp linguini
    • He won a Grammy in 2006 for the audio version of his memoir, Dreams From My Father
    • He is left-handed – the sixth post-war president to be left-handed
    • He has read every Harry Potter book
    • He owns a set of red boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali
    • He worked in a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop as a teenager and now can't stand ice cream
    • His favourite snacks are chocolate-peanut protein bars
    • He ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper while living in Indonesia
    • He can speak Spanish
    • While on the campaign trail he refused to watch CNN and had sports channels on instead
    • His favourite drink is black forest berry iced tea
    • He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president – he didn't
    • He kept a pet ape called Tata while in Indonesia
    • He can bench press an impressive 200lbs
    • He was known as Barry until university when he asked to be addressed by his full name
    • His favourite book is Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
    • He visited Wokingham, Berks, in 1996 for the stag party of his half-sister's fiancι, but left when a stripper arrived
    • His desk in his Senate office once belonged to Robert Kennedy
    • He and Michelle made $4.2 million (£2.7 million) last year, with much coming from sales of his books
    • His favourite films are Casablanca and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    • He carries a tiny Madonna and child statue and a bracelet belonging to a soldier in Iraq for good luck
    • He applied to appear in a black pin-up calendar while at Harvard but was rejected by the all-female committee.
    • His favourite music includes Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Bach and The Fugees
    • He took Michelle to see the Spike Lee film Do The Right Thing on their first date
    • He enjoys playing Scrabble and poker
    • He doesn't drink coffee and rarely drinks alcohol
    • He would have liked to have been an architect if he were not a politician
    • As a teenager he took drugs including marijuana and cocaine
    • His daughters' ambitions are to go to Yale before becoming an actress (Malia, 10) and to sing and dance (Sasha, 7)
    • He hates the youth trend for trousers which sag beneath the backside
    • He repaid his student loan only four years ago after signing his book deal
    • His house in Chicago has four fire places
    • Daughter Malia's godmother is Jesse Jackson's daughter Santita
    • He says his worst habit is constantly checking his BlackBerry
    • He uses an Apple Mac laptop
    • He drives a Ford Escape Hybrid, having ditched his gas-guzzling Chrysler 300
    • He wears $1,500 (£952) Hart Schaffner Marx suits
    • He owns four identical pairs of black size 11 shoes
    • He has his hair cut once a week by his Chicago barber, Zariff, who charges $21 (£13)
    • His favourite fictional television programmes are Mash and The Wire
    • He was given the code name "Renegade" by his Secret Service handlers
    • He was nicknamed "Bar" by his late grandmother
    • He plans to install a basketball court in the White House grounds
    • His favourite artist is Pablo Picasso
    • His speciality as a cook is chilli
    • He has said many of his friends in Indonesia were "street urchins"
    • He keeps on his desk a carving of a wooden hand holding an egg, a Kenyan symbol of the fragility of life
    • His late father was a senior economist for the Kenyan government
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1567
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by whenhen Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:46 am

First off Obama was a far better candidate than McCain for precisely the reason of change. McCain supported the tax cuts to the rich and his whole economic policy was based on this. The Bush and Reagan administrations showed that giving tax cuts to only the upper crust Americans do not work and only increase the deficit. Obama is petitioning for a New Deal esque solution in the form of green energy. Other countries have shown that an energy dependent economy brings prosperity.
    Calling someone Hitler because they can deliver a speech or debate well shows desperation from that side. 10% of young evangelicals according to associated press left the GOP which they said they would have voted for in favor of Obama, since he was a man with the right foreign policy ideas (talk to your enemy, which is how we are stabilizing Iraq, not McCain's plan of ignoring them because they have an agenda). The Democrats put on the ballot a much more competent man than the GOP and the election showed America overwhelmingly agreed.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:03 am

The increase in debt during the Reagan administration occured not because of tax cuts and supply-side economics, but more because of heavy congressional spending. Defense spending, in conjunction with a democrat dominated Congress which refused to abandon the social programs Reagan wanted to cut, was the primary culprit behind the debt increase in the 80s. Do realize that, with the exception of the increase in debt, the US saw a great economic turnaround during the Reagan administration. This is a prime example of the common "post hoc ergo propter hoc" fallicious reasoning often implemented by Democrats.

Last edited by Adonai on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    whenhen
    whenhen
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1567
    Mile Time : I'm a rebel. I put text in here
    Class : 2012
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:46 PR; 2:00 range normal

Post by whenhen Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:07 am

Adonai wrote:The increase in debt during the Reagan administration occured not because of tax cuts and supply-side economics, but more because of heavy congressional spending. Defense spending, in conjunction with a democrat dominated Congress which refused to abandon the social programs Reagan wanted to cut, was the primary culprit behind the debt increase in the 80s. This is a prime example of the common "post hoc ergo propter hoc" fallicious reasoning often implemented by Democrats.
    I didn't say it was the primary reason, I meant to say that it was a contributing factor. Sorry for not making my point clear. In the Bush administration however, the lowering of taxes was a primary culprit in the initial deficit faced in the first two years.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:13 am

Not necessarily. Again, defense spending and recently very expensive social programs (i.e. social security, medicare) are arguably the primary culprits.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346

Post by thelagwagon Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 am

Well said by whenhen. The second paragraph anyway, the only countries which benefit from independent (think you missed the 'in') energy are countries which have oil or other profitable energy sources them self. Trying to rearrange the economy to run on unprofitable energy will mess things up big time. And while giving the rich tax breaks might sound like a bad thing to do, it's better for the country. Countries always do better when their high-bracket income and corporate taxes are low.

But yeah, I still have to wonder why everyone thinks Obama is so anti freedom. I'm saying this from a neutral standpoint (if anything biased to McCain, I support my country's right wing party), but it really looks the other way around. Pro war, anti-abortion, deficit building politicians really aren't freedom. McCain has low taxes in his favor, but they are pointless if the nation is creating a deficit. Obama could work at McCain's tax levels and just print all the money to fund his plans. Sound irresponsible? That's George Bush Jr, Sr and Reagan.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:41 am

I'm just saying you can't place the blame for the deficit exclusively on the lower taxes/supply side economics. When you have a republican pres who insists on lower taxes in conjunction with a congress which equally stubbornly clings to the heavy social spending of the FDR "legacy," you're going to have a deficit. It is possible that had Reagan been able to reduce spending to the extent that he wanted to, the US might have seen a diminishing debt and an economic boom simultaneously.
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Tri Babe 518 Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Wgrt wrote:50 facts you may not know about obama Smile

• He won a Grammy in 2006 for the audio version of his memoir, Dreams From My Father
    • He worked in a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop as a teenager and now can't stand ice cream
    • He ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper while living in Indonesia
    • He can speak Spanish
    • While on the campaign trail he refused to watch CNN and had sports channels on instead
    • He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president – he didn't
    • He was known as Barry until university when he asked to be addressed by his full name
    • He visited Wokingham, Berks, in 1996 for the stag party of his half-sister's fiancι, but left when a stripper arrived
    • He and Michelle made $4.2 million (£2.7 million) last year, with much coming from sales of his books
    • He carries a tiny Madonna and child statue and a bracelet belonging to a soldier in Iraq for good luck
    • He applied to appear in a black pin-up calendar while at Harvard but was rejected by the all-female committee.
    • He took Michelle to see the Spike Lee film Do The Right Thing on their first date
    • His daughters' ambitions are to go to Yale before becoming an actress (Malia, 10) and to sing and dance (Sasha, 7)
    • He has his hair cut once a week by his Chicago barber, Zariff, who charges $21 (£13)
    • He keeps on his desk a carving of a wooden hand holding an egg, a Kenyan symbol of the fragility of life

Hmmm....why should anyone care? All of these things make him just like every other person in America. Whoop dee doo. My point exactly.
    xc_babe09
    xc_babe09
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by xc_babe09 Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:20 pm

whenhen wrote:
    First off Obama was a far better candidate than McCain for precisely the reason of change. McCain supported the tax cuts to the rich and his whole economic policy was based on this. The Bush and Reagan administrations showed that giving tax cuts to only the upper crust Americans do not work and only increase the deficit. Obama is petitioning for a New Deal esque solution in the form of green energy. Other countries have shown that an energy dependent economy brings prosperity.
    Calling someone Hitler because they can deliver a speech or debate well shows desperation from that side. 10% of young evangelicals according to associated press left the GOP which they said they would have voted for in favor of Obama, since he was a man with the right foreign policy ideas (talk to your enemy, which is how we are stabilizing Iraq, not McCain's plan of ignoring them because they have an agenda). The Democrats put on the ballot a much more competent man than the GOP and the election showed America overwhelmingly agreed.

have you listened to him speak since he won the election. before even the election he promised things this so called "change" being done before his 1st term is over. in his acceptance speach he stated that it may take longer than 1 term. he obviously is a liar. His policies are socialistic and leading to a way of dictatorship hence the hitler along with the great speech skills. i wish people would listen and hear him talk and talk and thats all he does he didnt come out and tell things he is not familiar with like mccain did. atleast mccain was truthful about his weaknesses and didnt put up the facade that he knows what he is doing on every subject.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none

Post by Pinthin Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:53 pm

TRI_Love_518 wrote:
    Wgrt wrote:50 facts you may not know about obama Smile

• He can speak Spanish

Hmmm....why should anyone care? All of these things make him just like every other person in America. Whoop dee doo. My point exactly.

It was just for fun.. sheesh.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:48 pm

TRI_Love_518 and xc_babe09 are particularly stupid.
    You need to calm down. I don't think Wgrt posted those facts for argumentative reasons, but I suppose he didn't anticipate your retarded sensitivity/defensiveness.
    amherst_xc
    amherst_xc
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 536
    Class : Junior
    800m Time : 2:15
    5000m XC Time : 18:54
    Half-Marathon Time : 9000

Post by amherst_xc Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:06 pm

im so happy you said that

hahahah i was waiting for someone to respond to her ignorant comment
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Tri Babe 518 Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:28 pm

Adonai wrote:TRI_Love_518 and xc_babe09 are particularly stupid.
    You need to calm down. I don't think Wgrt posted those facts for argumentative reasons, but I suppose he didn't anticipate your retarded sensitivity/defensiveness.

a. The facts are stupid and irrelevant considering we are debating not providing useless facts that mean nothing, and
    b. Just because we aren't liberal and don't believe what you do doesn't make us stupid. Thinking like that makes you stupid.

and finally, I am a debater (on the debate team) and we are pretty hardcore, therefore I don't take stuff like this lightly, because iin the end, I win.

Now go ahead, go off on me and my comments and any other Republican on here for that matter, because you and everyone else will anyways.
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346

Post by thelagwagon Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 pm

TRI_Love_518 wrote:a. The facts are stupid and irrelevant considering we are debating not providing useless facts that mean nothing, and
    b. Just because we aren't liberal and don't believe what you do doesn't make us stupid. Thinking like that makes you stupid.

and finally, I am a debater (on the debate team) and we are pretty hardcore, therefore I don't take stuff like this lightly, because iin the end, I win.

Now go ahead, go off on me and my comments and any other Republican on here for that matter, because you and everyone else will anyways.

Why won't Sarah Palin's favorite book be made into a movie? She wants Waldo to play himself, but she just can't find him.
    Running With Scissors
    Running With Scissors
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4345
    Mile Time : 4:42
    5000m XC Time : 16:45

Post by Running With Scissors Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:51 am

Left handed people are evil. Rolling Eyes
    Tri Babe 518
    Tri Babe 518
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Tri Babe 518 Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:26 am

EVIL GINGERS
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:18 am

I like how you automatically assumed my political party affiliation. Never once have I stated it. To the shallow extent of your knowledge, I might be a Republican. You have a very weak mind for someone who claims such exceptional debating prowess. You are defensive and controlled by your emotions. A good debater quells their impetuous emotional responses, remaining logical and composed even while under the assault of a greater mind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:27 pm