Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+16
baby got track
Ejk37
runnergirl93
Hurdle-Gurl
alex-likes-running
Triathlete
Pinthin
DyingToRun
TnF_T
NotChangingUntilSub5
XC_crazy
ND XC 23
FinishingKick
runlikethawind
hxc
Running With Scissors
20 posters

Things you hate about xc courses

AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Things you hate about xc courses - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you hate about xc courses

Post by AudienceOfOne Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:12 pm

courses that go inside and outside fences just for crowd control.
    FinishingKick
    FinishingKick
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 4773
    Mile Time : 4:52
    Class : Sophomore
    800m Time : 2:10
    5000m XC Time : 17:29
    1000m Time : 2:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Things you hate about xc courses - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you hate about xc courses

Post by FinishingKick Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:20 pm

*sg* wrote:I hate courses that arent in the woods. Especially courses that are just huge loops around sports fields. One of the highschool's courses near us consists of 4 laps around the field complex, and about a 1200 m loop in the park next to the school. Why didn't they just use the whole park for the course? Well, I have the answer for that. This course is also used for the state meet. They wanted it to be spectator friendly. So the lazy-ass spectators don't have to run around to watch, they can just stand in the middle of the field and watch us run around it. Isn't that stupid?
    I think we should ban courses like that.
    Lol how do they get the state meet?
    eternally_running
    eternally_running
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2008-07-08

Post by eternally_running Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:02 pm

DyingToRun wrote:
    TnF_T wrote:Any kind of course where i have to run on sand. Fuck I hate sand.

+1 Sand is the worst shit to run on, especially when it goes up hill, same as muddy courses

ya, i HATE sandy courses too. and i hate running on really slippery dirt...like red dirt. we have that alot in the mountians here.
    iWearNikes
    iWearNikes
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 423
    Mile Time : PR=4:54
    Class : 2010
    5000m XC Time : 18:30
    Registration date : 2008-08-02

Post by iWearNikes Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:15 pm

Running With Scissors wrote:1. Running up hills sideways or just running across them in general. I don't mind running up or down them but running across them is annoying.

2. Uncut grass is annoying as Casper. Cut the fricken grass.

3. Tire tracks or ruts in the grass. Its annoying.

4. Walnuts are dangerous objects and should be removed from the course.

5. Running in grass next to any type of pavement just knowing its so much easier to run on it but the course won't allow you to run on it.

6. Giant loops. This isn't track people.

7. Stupid field hockey players that get in your way.

8. Sharp turns and cut backs. I can't say that these should be taken out but I hate them any way.

9. Annoying fans. No not the ones that just say Go Team Go! but the ones that take it a step farther and dress in team clothes and yell everyones name as loud as a jet engine. Serious I'm going to punch you in the face if you tell me to run faster one more time.

10. Lack of shade.

The reason I wrote these is because today was a practice meet at another school and it had all of these things. I won by over 30 seconds with a 17:50 and this is the first time any team has run the course so I now have the course record.

I think I covered most of the annoying things on xc courses but what do you hate about xc courses?

well said, that's about all of them.
    DyingToRun
    DyingToRun
    Amateur
    Amateur

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by DyingToRun Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:47 am

One think i do hate is when your coach is waiting by the side of a course telling u to go faster and catch the other guy when your already trying to go as fast as u can and alreayd pushing the pace.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 pm