Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runner's Trail

Our new site is finished!!!! Go check it out at http://www.traxck.com

Runner's Trail

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Track and XC runners

Visit http://www.traxck.com our new home!!!!

+28
JK Runs
Adonai
Wgrt
T B K
ND XC 23
Just Because
Butch Cassidy
P2
Triathlete
funrunner
hxc
eternally_running
ButterySmoothStride
whenhen
xc_babe09
CT Track
PCNQtrack
Running With Scissors
BA_Sadie.
BagoXC25
NotChangingUntilSub5
FinishingKick
5280ft
AudienceOfOne
xotrackkgirl
Pinthin
alex-likes-running
Phuckduck
32 posters

Where Did God Go?????

CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 774
    Mile Time : 2012
    Class : 15:32
    Registration date : 2008-07-14

Where Did God Go????? - Page 17 Empty Re: Where Did God Go?????

Post by CT Track Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:35 pm

If every Christian acted the way you present yourself I would definitely stand by my statement.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 5377
    Class : 2011
    3200m Time : 10:17
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by AudienceOfOne Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:51 pm

CT Track wrote:If every Christian acted the way you present yourself I would definitely stand by my statement.
    Am I doing anything more than you're doing? Aren't we both here defending our beliefs?
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:05 am

no
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:09 pm

oh ok then. Rolling Eyes
    Phuckduck
    Phuckduck
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 681
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Phuckduck Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:14 am

christians suck
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:18 pm

they do.
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 507
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by Wgrt Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:33 pm

they do?
    in rs this week, the teacher asked us how many of us were Christian 2 out of 20 said they did, and neither of them went to church regularly and then asked how many believed in a god, an extra three put there hands up and they were all muslim
    in usa how many people do believe?
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 2888
    Mile Time : none
    Class : 2010
    Registration date : 2008-05-23

Post by Pinthin Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:37 pm

hmmm like the whole class pretty much. Except maybe two or three who are athiest or jewish.

People over here are all about religion for the most part.
    alex-likes-running
    alex-likes-running
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Number of posts : 3314
    800m Time : 2:28
    5000m XC Time : 20:36
    Half-Marathon Time : 1:50
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by alex-likes-running Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:02 pm

in my school, its probably around 50% christian 40% athiest, and the last 10% is split between buddhists, jews, heathens & muslims.
    i dont live in the US though.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 263
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Adonai Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 am

The smarter people are, the less religious they tend to be. Conversly, really dumb people tend to be very religious. Yes, I have met plenty of retarted atheists who refuse to believe in god because they think doing so will make them seem smart or more unique. I have also met potentially smart christians (and by potentially I mean that they are mentally equipped to be smart, but for whatever reason decide to brainwash themselves into believing in their fairy-tale of choice).

I think a few of you might take this statement personally, but if you possessed the mental perspicacity which "god" has so kindly blessed me with, you would see it holds quite the cornucopia of truth.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:43 am

Where Did God Go????? - Page 17 Iqvsreligion
    Here is a pretty picture for those of you who are dissatisfied by the above comment's lack of statistical analysis. This graph was taken from a study of random individuals performed by Richard Dawkins, who concluded there is a definite negative correlation between IQ and religiosity. (duh)
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:49 am

Last note:

In a study performed by Scientific American, only 10% of individuals with an IQ of over 140 had any sort of religious beliefs.
    Wgrt
    Wgrt
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Number of posts : 507
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by Wgrt Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:02 pm

Adonai wrote:Where Did God Go????? - Page 17 Iqvsreligion
    Here is a pretty picture for those of you who are dissatisfied by the above comment's lack of statistical analysis. This graph was taken from a study of random individuals performed by Richard Dawkins, who concluded there is a definite negative correlation between IQ and religiosity. (duh)

Have you read his book?

And not to adonai, but to anyone who believes in God, in science lessons etc do you believe it or what?
    thelagwagon
    thelagwagon
    Pro
    Pro

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2008-06-19

Post by thelagwagon Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Not to mention, atheists are at the highest percentage in the (american) National Academy of Sciences:

'The follow-up study reported in "Nature" reveals that the rate of belief is lower than eight decades ago. The latest survey involved 517 members of the National Academy of Sciences; half replied. When queried about belief in "personal god," only 7% responded in the affirmative, while 72.2% expressed "personal disbelief," and 20.8% expressed "doubt or agnosticism." Belief in the concept of human immortality, i.e. life after death declined from the 35.2% measured in 1914 to just 7.9%. 76.7% reject the "human immortality" tenet, compared with 25.4% in 1914, and 23.2% claimed "doubt or agnosticism" on the question, compared with 43.7% in Leuba's original measurement. Again, though, the highest rate of belief in a god was found among mathematicians (14.3%), while the lowest was found among those in the life sciences fields -- only 5.5%.'

While the lowest percentage of atheists are found in prisons, where in the USA, atheists make up less than 1% of the prison population. Google it Laughing

I was supposed to stay out of this argument... oh well.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:58 pm

Wgrt wrote:

Have you read his book?

And not to adonai, but to anyone who believes in God, in science lessons etc do you believe it or what?

ohh no lets not go there again Evil or Very Mad haha.
    Adonai
    Pro
    Pro

Post by Adonai Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Wgrt wrote:

Have you read his book?

I'm assuming you mean 'The God Delusion' when you say his book? I have not read this in its entirety, but I have thumbed through it a bit and read up on some online sources (enough to get the idea).
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:33 pm

Pinthin wrote:hmmm like the whole class pretty much. Except maybe two or three who are athiest or jewish.

a lot of people in america beleive that just because their parents are christian, they're white, or just because they live in america, they are born-again Christians. no. America ain't Christian, they're just practicing the rituals. a lot of the time they don't even do that. the biggest amount I've heard of is that 1/3 of the USA is Christian. I'd guess that in reality, it's closer to 1/10 or 1/15th of the american people that will escape death.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:41 pm

Adonai wrote:The smarter people are, the less religious they tend to be. Conversly, really dumb people tend to be very religious. Yes, I have met plenty of retarted atheists who refuse to believe in god because they think doing so will make them seem smart or more unique. I have also met potentially smart christians (and by potentially I mean that they are mentally equipped to be smart, but for whatever reason decide to brainwash themselves into believing in their fairy-tale of choice).

I think a few of you might take this statement personally, but if you possessed the mental perspicacity which "god" has so kindly blessed me with, you would see it holds quite the cornucopia of truth.
    By saying this, you say that Christians are idiots because they are Christian, not based on any other mentality but that. You say that they WOULD be smart, but they're Christian, so THAT makes them stupid. You were trying to make a point about how generally Christians are dumber than atheists, religion taken out of the equation for a second to see who is "smart" and who is "dumb", but by saying the bold part, you saying that Christians are dumb because they are Christian, not that Christians are dumb because they are simply just less intelligent than atheists. That takes care of that little argument.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:02 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if i could find a chart saying the opposite thing, i mean you can't just take a random study and call it's results true. but let's pretend that it's 100% true, for the sake or argument.

Real christianity doesn't attract rich people. it doesn't attract winners, or anyone who is elite in anything worldy. including smart people.

"The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life." John 12:25

In the gospels, Jesus talked all the time about how hard it is for winners to make it in to heaven. When a man had repented, prayed to God that he would be saved, and came to Jesus, Jesus had one more thing for the man to do, give away his worldly possesions. I've read C.S. Lewis'(by the way, if you think all Christians are idiots, maybe you should read it) book, mere Christianity. In it, one of the more easy points he makes is that more will be expected by those to whom much is given.

yes there are A LOT of exceptions, but since you feel like generalizing things, so will I. Rich people(who are the smart ones anyway) and smart people (who are the rich ones anyway) have plenty of reason to not be christians. it's cash or christ, worldly intellect or godly intellect. serve God or serve yourself, that's what it all comes down to.
    Pinthin
    Pinthin
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Pinthin Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:04 pm

AudienceOfOne wrote:
    Pinthin wrote:hmmm like the whole class pretty much. Except maybe two or three who are athiest or jewish.

a lot of people in america beleive that just because their parents are christian, they're white, or just because they live in america, they are born-again Christians. no. America ain't Christian, they're just practicing the rituals. a lot of the time they don't even do that. the biggest amount I've heard of is that 1/3 of the USA is Christian. I'd guess that in reality, it's closer to 1/10 or 1/15th of the american people that will escape death.

Neutral

1/3? Where did you hear that? In actuality it’s about 80%, but since you wouldn't consider most of them "true" Christians, I don’t know the number.

So if they don’t go to church, but they still believe the same things as you does that make them a "poser" ? You're quick to judge tongue
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:04 pm

thelagwagon wrote:

While the lowest percentage of atheists are found in prisons, where in the USA, atheists make up less than 1% of the prison population. Google it Laughing
    of course they are. all people in the jails are born again christians, and none of them deserve to be in there anyway.

*I'm not saying that all people in jails claim to be Christian just to look good, again, there are exceptions*
    T B K
    T B K
    Elite
    Elite

Number of posts : 1667
    Mile Time : 5:39
    Class : 2013
    800m Time : 2:38
    5000m XC Time : 20:18
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by T B K Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Sweet.

The IQ is set to a low standard.
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:41 pm

of course they are. all people in the jails are born again christians, and none of them deserve to be in there anyway.

I'm taking this statement in two different ways. If you would please elaborate.
    AudienceOfOne
    AudienceOfOne
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AudienceOfOne Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:43 pm

CT Track wrote:

I'm taking this statement in two different ways. If you would please elaborate.
    it was sarcasm...
    CT Track
    CT Track
    All-Pro
    All-Pro

Post by CT Track Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 pm

terribly played

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:59 am